spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 1,513.
#22951 3 years ago

You guys seem awfully concerned about Dak but I think he’ll be ok.

Just like Kirk cousins - an equally mediocre talent - had the redskins by the balls, so does Dak and the cowboys. He’ll end up signing the tag and playing for 31 million this year, and he’ll get his 100 million 35 a year guaranteed next year.

So you concern us misplaced. You should be more worried about what happens with Andy Dalton. Does he sign a series of diminishing one year deals for a different team every season? Does he hang em up and try to get into the booth, only to discover his kind (ginger ) just aren’t welcome?

It’s very worrying.

#22952 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys seem awfully concerned about Dak but I think he’ll be ok.

It's football talk about what's in the news. Seems like you have a thorn in your foot or something. Personally I would like to see Dalton do well but age and the nature of the game will make those choices for all concerned. Just like I want the Bengals to win when they face the Cowboys whether Dalton or Dak is at the helm.

#22953 3 years ago

I just don’t understand why you guys are so fixated on Dak.

It’s seriously like you have zero awareness of the value of the QB position, or the qb market.

You seriously believe everybody is stupid but you, and it’s insane that Dak would get the $35 million a year he seeks.

You guys are wrong. He’s an above average Qb, and those don’t grow on trees. Kirk cousins set the market for slightly above average qbs, and it is what it is.

It’s not the end of the world. It’s football. I don’t remember you guys freaking out about Kirk cousins’ deals, or nick foles, or any of these other guys. Not a peep from you guys about Jared Goff, a truly shitty a qb who “should” be Making dalton money.

But you seem to have locked in on Dak and refuse to accept reality. No idea why.

#22954 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t understand why you guys are so fixated on Dak.
It’s seriously like you have zero awareness of the value of the QB position, or the qb market.
You seriously believe everybody is stupid but you, and it’s insane that Dak would get the $35 million a year he seeks.
You guys are wrong. He’s an above average Qb, and those don’t grow on trees. Kirk cousins set the market for slightly above average qbs, and it is what it is.
It’s not the end of the world. It’s football. I don’t remember you guys freaking out about Kirk cousins’ deals, or nick foles, or any of these other guys. Not a peep from you guys about Jared Goff, a truly shitty a qb who “should” be Making dalton money.
But you seem to have locked in on Dak and refuse to accept reality. No idea why.

Oh,I think you know why!

#22955 3 years ago

I think your memory is playing tricks as I thought the Cousins deal was one of the worst deals done.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you sure you're not fixated on just taking the opposite stance on any of our opinions?

#22956 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is they will make Dak play under the FT for a year or two. If he doesn't choose to play than so be it..

Yep and then when they franchise him next year, they'll have pay home even more and then FFS they might have well paid him to begin with.

Quoted from RWH:

I thought he was stupid to have turned down the 33mil offer but it looks as if it paid off this time....

Yeah see that's on you. Didn't we JUST go thru the same thing with Zeke? Does no one remember "Zeke whom?" No one remember every in the media laughing at Jerry knowing he would crumble and give in?

#22957 3 years ago

I had listened to Fox sports radio thru the timeframe we’re talking about.There was a lot of people who disagreed with the monies that were paid to Cousins,Foles and maybe less to Goff

#22958 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah see that's on you. Didn't we JUST go thru the same thing with Zeke? Does no one remember "Zeke whom?" No one remember every in the media laughing at Jerry knowing he would crumble and give in?

Hey I also said if he can get it go for it but this 35mil 106mil upfront offer is a whole new ball game. He'd be crazy not to take it, I think it's his last from JJ in Dallas.

So far as Zeke goes I'm glad he got it but I don't think I had any comment other than RB's are generally as good as their OL with one exception, Barry Sanders he did it his whole career.

I did comment on Bell though and said he wasn't worth his contract amount and for the most part that's proven true. Jets without doubt regret that signing.

#22959 3 years ago

For me it was more a problem with the jets then Bell. that fucking team is horrible, and an awesome RB doesn't usually fix a shit team with no QB these days.

#22960 3 years ago

Goff sucks and why he got his is beyond me but he got it, all I'm saying is Dak should take this, it's Russell Wilson money and Dak is not even in his ballpark. The monies there, grab it and f*king run.

#22961 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

...I think it's his last from JJ in Dallas.

Bookmarked

#22962 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

no QB these days.

I don't really see what the Jets see in Darnold but he's another that gets more than I think his grade is.

#22963 3 years ago

I had some stuff bookmarked and forgot how to retrieve it and had to ask sucks getting old.

#22964 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Goff sucks and why he got his is beyond me but he got it, all I'm saying is Dak should take this, it's Russell Wilson money and Dak is not even in his ballpark. The monies there, grab it and f*king run.

Prescott of average at best and deserves no more than average money. He really doesnt even deserve that much but that's another story. This is why the Cowboys arent going to win, because they have a dumbass owner.

#22965 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I wouldn't say he sucks....he's accomplished more than Prescott....being worth what he's paid is another discussion

#22966 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This^^^^^

#22967 3 years ago

I

Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't say he sucks.

Yeah you are right, he's average which is better than sucks, still not worth his pay grade..

#22968 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I

Yeah you are right, he's average which is better than sucks, still not worth his pay grade..

Thats a different discussion

#22969 3 years ago

Nobody really knows what Dak has been offered. For all we know it's $30M guaranteed and $100M of NFL funny money, in which case the franchise tag would be preferable.

I think he's pretty good and deserving of a big commitment. The fact that he's never missed a game is greatly undervalued.

#22970 3 years ago

No more Tessitore or Booger Macfarland on Monday Night Football, they might have been the worst duo in the history of football broadcasting.

#22971 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think he's pretty good and deserving of a big commitment. The fact that he's never missed a game is greatly undervalued.

If Sam fucking Bradford can make $130 million and only win 34 games, then Dak is deserving of his money. He's only 4 years in and has 40 wins and 97 TD's. Not too shabby.

#22972 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If Sam fucking Bradford can make $130 million and only win 34 games, then Dak is deserving of his money. He's only 4 years in and has 40 wins and 97 TD's. Not too shabby.

Not a good comparison. Bradford made that money in the previously broken rookie pay scale system.

I predict 10 more Dak posts before Levi’s head explodes. We can do it people!

#22973 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nobody really knows what Dak has been offered. For all we know it's $30M guaranteed and $100M of NFL funny money, in which case the franchise tag would be preferable.

After 10 years of watching the redskins always be injured, I’d have to agree. Durability would be my #1 quality in signing any long term QB contract.

Kirk cousins also never gets hurt. I’ll take a slightly above average qb who is never hurt over a Carson Wentz type any day.

#22974 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a good comparison. Bradford made that money in the previously broken rookie pay scale system.
I predict 10 more Dak posts before Levi’s head explodes. We can do it people!

You know as well as anybody else I usually get bored and move on to something else well before 10 posts.

I’ll just sit back and watch the entire state of Ohio, not to mention large swaths of Kentucky, explode when Dak signs some record breaking contract.

Sadly I never got my all-time pinside nfl thread wish of Kaepernick signing with the bengals so this will have to do.

#22975 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll take a slightly above average qb who is never hurt over a Carson Wentz type any day.

How aboot a QB that leads Wentz in basically every QB stat imaginable named Dak?

Whatever, Lions basically have had a Dak QB for a decade and it's boring as shit. Waiting for Rothlisburger's last year coming up...gonna be a rough transition.

#22976 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How aboot a QB that leads Wentz in basically every QB stat imaginable named Dak?
Whatever, Lions basically have had a Dak QB for a decade and it's boring as shit. Waiting for Rothlisburger's last year coming up...gonna be a rough transition.

Dak just lacks the “intangibles” of guys like Carson wentz and Andy Dalton. He should be a backup on an arena team.

#22977 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll just sit back and watch the entire state of Ohio, not to mention large swaths of Kentucky, explode when Dak signs some record breaking contract.

Either you're not reading my post or your simply trolling. I said repeatedly that if Dak can get the money go for it, in fact I said he should take the Russell Wilson money and run. That being said it is still my opinion he's just not worth that type of money.

#22978 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would this include the fine people in Indiana?

#22979 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I totally read this in Morpheus voice

ab7a3955-09ca-47be-90b9-8f61ff804f20_screenshot.jpgab7a3955-09ca-47be-90b9-8f61ff804f20_screenshot.jpg
#22980 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'll take this one Levi! Not in the same ball park? One of 32 starting quarterbacks in the nfl. Only 32 people on the planet earth can say that. And he's not even in the same ball park as one of the other 32 people on the planet who can say that! Keep telling that to the boys down at the tire shop. Or your friend Karen from Facebook who keeps giving you all this sports knowledge you keep sharing with us! Also, what you smoking on?! Gonna share?!

#22981 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whatever, Lions basically have had a Dak QB for a decade and it's boring as shit.

That's an interesting comparison. With situations flipped maybe they're the same guy.

I kind of feel like Detroit is a team that should have moved on and swung for the fences with young guy. Things were set up that way then Stafford had a good year with that peeping Tom OC from Tennessee.

#22982 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Trick question!!

Quoted from Erik:

I kind of feel like Detroit is a team that should have moved on and swung for the fences with young guy.

Named Tua...instead they drafted a CB early, never worth it

#22983 3 years ago
253744F7-5A70-4E3A-80F9-8DF2E106F1CA (resized).jpeg253744F7-5A70-4E3A-80F9-8DF2E106F1CA (resized).jpeg
#22984 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'll take this one Levi! Not in the same ball park? One of 32 starting quarterbacks in the nfl. Only 32 people on the planet earth can say that. And he's not even in the same ball park as one of the other 32 people on the planet who can say that! Keep telling that to the boys down at the tire shop. Or your friend Karen from Facebook who keeps giving you all this sports knowledge you keep sharing with us! Also, what you smoking on?! Gonna share?!

Dee-bow please if you had a clue it would be different, just sit back, don't troll it really highlights your ignorance.

Please enlighten us all on how Dak is anywhere near the QB Wilson is, do you need me to tell you which team he plays for to get you started?

#22985 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dee-bow please if you had a clue it would be different, just sit back, don't troll it really highlights your ignorance.
Please enlighten us all on how Dak is anywhere near the QB Wilson is, do you need me to tell you which team he plays for to get you started?

Doode lives in Canada and thinks he knows something about football.

#22986 3 years ago

NHL just cancelled season...this does not a good sign for the NFL season.

#22987 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

NHL just cancelled season...this does not a good sign for the NFL season.

NHL hasn't canceled yet, though it's only a matter of time. The AHL canceled.

Baseball somehow has yet to cancel it's season. It's coming soon.

#22988 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NHL hasn't canceled yet, though it's only a matter of time. The AHL canceled.
Baseball somehow has yet to cancel it's season. It's coming soon.

Are NHL TV revenues insufficient to make playing in empty rinks worthwhile? Baseball and Football still draw enough viewers that I'd be surprised if they cancel the season until they're absolutely forced to.

#22989 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are NHL TV revenues insufficient to make playing in empty rinks worthwhile? Baseball and Football still draw enough viewers that I'd be surprised if they cancel the season until they're absolutely forced to.

Agreed there.

#22990 3 years ago

You gotta add in international travel issues with Hockey. Hmm....I guess you;d have to with Baseball too? Blue Jays still around? Is that the only team?

#22991 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You gotta add in international travel issues with Hockey. Hmm....I guess you;d have to with Baseball too? Blue Jays still around? Is that the only team?

Yep, the expos are in DC now.

Has Canada built a wall to keep us out yet?

#22992 3 years ago

If the Nationals win again next year does it count as a back to back?

#22993 3 years ago

Sounds like baseball will start in July with an 82 game season, no fans.

https://apple.news/A6Ukt8NMlRcal6qufs0jDMg

#22995 3 years ago

MLB will start up this summer as will the NBA. Football will start in Sept...kids will be back in school in August

#22996 3 years ago

Will I or will I not be able to see Judas Priest in September?

#22997 3 years ago

I haven't read the article as of yet but my brother-in-law a huge MLB fan told me the MLB was going to play but in only a few places like Arizona and without fans.

Has anyone read something like this and know more?

I think the NFL would be okay with just TV money but man the vendors at the stadium (at least in PB stadium) are gonna lose a lot of income without the foot traffic.

#22998 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We’ve cancelled all our concerts for 2020 as all the bands we like have cancelled their tours.

#22999 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I doubt it, but who knows, the way things progress so quickly, it may happen. I got notification that my Primus tickets for July were still good, but delayed, for "an unknown date".

#23000 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I doubt it, but who knows, the way things progress so quickly, it may happen. I got notification that my Primus tickets for July were still good, but delayed, for "an unknown date".

My Girlfriend used to laugh at me for going to see Black Sabbath three times in a week when they were in town. Well who's laughing now?!

Probably nobody. I doubt she remembers these convos.

Point being you never regret the shows you go to, just the ones you don't go to. Well except that Phish show, I wish I could have that 3 hours back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/460 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.