pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 1,514.
#22901 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Say what?! I won’t say much upon my qb..I think we all know how good this guy is..[quoted image]

My apologies guys, I thought there were more gamers here, haha. I mean, I did say Madden.

#22902 3 years ago

Madden 06 was the best. Passer vision made playing defense fun. You could actually consistently play as a safety and hawk balls. So much fun. It also tamed Vick considerably, because he could really only focus on one target at a time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22903 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My apologies guys, I thought there were more gamers here, haha. I mean, I did say Madden.

I know that you said madden..it’s all good. just all this bengals talk..besides the ravens, who’s gonna contend w the chiefs in the afc? Maybe the titans? Steelers maybe..I still think that the toughest division is the nfc west..

#22904 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I know that you said madden..it’s all good. just all this bengals talk..besides the ravens, who’s gonna contend w the chiefs in the afc? Maybe the titans? Steelers maybe..I still think that the toughest division is the nfc west..

First of all, f the Steelers. Second of all, I really do love the Chiefs, and really think Baltimore is going to be unstoppable this year. Lamar Jackson is an absolute monster. Loved watching him at Louisville.

#22905 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Steve Young was better!

Steve Young doesn’t even believe that.
Maybe Young’s mother believes it.

#22906 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know everyone will laugh but my favorite all time QB Fran Tarkenton. When I was a kid I watched every game I could when the Vikings were on TV.

Everyone would then be an idiot.
Tarkenton was terrific, a hall of famer and deservedly so.

#22907 3 years ago

wake me when Clowney signs

#22908 3 years ago

First week schedule and Rams schedule at new stadium!! Go Rams!!!

DCE0EB48-C4A5-4A28-97EC-E20281C31DBA (resized).pngDCE0EB48-C4A5-4A28-97EC-E20281C31DBA (resized).pngFEA4F84C-BE78-4DA2-8052-D0FB22702A06 (resized).pngFEA4F84C-BE78-4DA2-8052-D0FB22702A06 (resized).png
#22909 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

wake me when Clowney signs

Mr. Stiltskin time to wake up, it's 2021 Mr. Stiltskin, Clowney has signed Mr. Stiltskin, Mr. Stiltskin?

#22910 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I grew up going to every Niner game with my Dad so I've seen some great QB play.....I love Steve Young, and he was a stud.....but saying he's way better than Montana is crazy talk....we can argue all day about the all time greatest QB's and theres no right answer .... but what I do know is Montana is always in the top 3 when the discussion takes place.

I grew up a Cowboy fan with Staubach as our QB.And just like when Joe Cool was on the field you felt you had a chance of .winning any game.Great leaders with an ability to impose their will!

#22911 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I grew up a Cowboy fan with Staubach as our QB.

It's so refreshing in this thread to talk aboot actual all-time greats.

#22912 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I grew up a Cowboy fan with Staubach

Why does no one ever give Randy White any credit in Dallas?

#22913 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I assume you mean Danny white and the reason is because he was a loser. Decent QB but cowboys never won shit with him at the helm and of course he suffered greatly in comparison with his predecessor. And he was QB as the cowboys slid into decrepitude throughout the 80s.

Randy white was a DT.

#22914 3 years ago

Sandwiched betwixt 2 HOF QB & dynasties.

#22915 3 years ago

Yes, I did mean Danny. I thought he was pretty damn good in all the games I watched him play. I wasn't aware they didn't win much with though as I really never seen what I'd call a bad game by him

#22916 3 years ago

21AE3260-AB6B-4BDD-B879-CEC4D9EC3065 (resized).jpeg21AE3260-AB6B-4BDD-B879-CEC4D9EC3065 (resized).jpeg

About to be a pro bowl free agent safety !

#22917 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Randy White,Bob Lily,Too Tall Ed Jones ,and Jethro Pugh!!!!!

#22918 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Do you mean Danny White?

#22919 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yes, I did mean Danny. I thought he was pretty damn good in all the games I watched him play. I wasn't aware they didn't win much with though as I really never seen what I'd call a bad game by him

He was pretty good. I think he played in 3 NFC title games, but lost them all.

#22920 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

He was pretty good. I think he played in 3 NFC title games, but lost them all.

He was also their punter for many years

#22921 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He was also their punter for many years

He was a great punter.He could sideline out kick like crazy

#22922 3 years ago

Saints have released 3 time pro bowl guard Larry Warford. I hope Cincy makes a run at this guy, either way he won't be out there long.

#22923 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Saints have released 3 time pro bowl guard Larry Warford. I hope Cincy makes a run at this guy, either way he won't be out there long.

Hell yeah we'd take him in a heartbeat! Should have plenty of cap room also I would think?

#22924 3 years ago

UFC on tonight, NFL will be playing a full schedule, MLB announcing this week their plan for season, restaurants opening in a week or so, life is good. So happy for this horseshit to be over with.

#22925 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hell yeah we'd take him in a heartbeat! Should have plenty of cap room also I would think?

I think it’s pretty tight at this point but they definitely still have some money left for this season. I’ll be shocked if they sign any more people.

#22926 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s pretty tight at this point but they definitely still have some money left for this season.

They currently have 24.1mil in cap space but they still have to account for an additional $7.5mil against that for the remaining draft picks leaving them with $15-16mil available. I think Warford was due $12mil and change for the last year of his contract. I think he'll sign north of that so unless the Bengals create some space through releases he'll be to costly for us.

#22927 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

UFC on tonight, NFL will be playing a full schedule, MLB announcing this week their plan for season, restaurants opening in a week or so, life is good. So happy for this horseshit to be over with.

Oh it’s over with? That’s great news.

One of the ufc fighters had to pull out because he has covid-19.

#22928 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh it’s over with? That’s great news.
One of the ufc fighters had to pull out because he has covid-19.

I choose to focus on the positive. Things stay shut down, we become worse off. It isnt even really an opinion anymore, things cant stay shut down forever, sorry.

Also, find me the last time at LEAST one fighter didnt have to pull out for one reason or another.

#22929 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I choose to focus on the positive. Things stay shut down, we become worse off. It isnt even really an opinion anymore, things cant stay shut down forever, sorry.

Not one person on earth has suggested we shut down things “forever,” sorry. Don’t know where you came up with that straw man.

But football in September?

Let’s just say I find your naive optimism charming. That’s not even an opinion anymore!

Interesting - if not optimistic- reading from sports illustrated:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

#22930 3 years ago

Im watching that 100 greatest teams show on NBC. I had forgotten how that 91 Skins team ran through the league.

#22931 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im watching that 100 greatest teams show on NBC. I had forgotten how that 91 Skins team ran through the league.

Most underrated team OF ALL TIME and it’s not even close.

Sandwiched between the 49ers and cowboys dynasties, and in 1991 (not the 80s, where people reflexively place the Skins’ great years) people seem to have forgotten how ridiculously dominant that team was.

All of coach Gibbs’ veterans last hurrah. One of the best lines of all time allowed like 7 sacks all season and mark rypien Rained pain all over the league with his sick deep throws.

Defense shutting out fools left and right.

Absolutely steamrolled in the playoffs. No other team has been as dominant in the postseason if you look at the obscene points
Differential.

It was an intense, joyous season, the memory of which makes me chuckle when someone tries to compare being a skins fan to say, being a bengals fan. If you haven’t been witness to something like that, you just don’t understand.

Glad I got to attend several games that season. Beat down of the wretched eagles on MNF, and a nail biter against the Houston Oilers. I think I also went to a game where we whipped the browns that season.

As long as NFL films is around they’ll never truly be forgotten, but without a doubt that team does not get its due. One of the top 4-5 nfl seasons of all time. If you look into the numbers, you’ll see the true domination.

The next season, they got old overnight, and the 10 year run of excellence was over. It was great while it lasted and I’ll never take for granted that I was around to enjoy the entire ride. Especially 1991.

#22932 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not one person on earth has suggested we shut down things “forever,” sorry. Don’t know where you came up with that straw man.
But football in September?
Let’s just say I find your naive optimism charming. That’s not even an opinion anymore!
Interesting - if not optimistic- reading from sports illustrated:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

Sorry for use of the word "forever" , but you know what I meant. If I am naive for thinking things will be normal sooner than later, you are certainly equally naive for thinking the opposite. Reality is somewhere in the middle I am sure. We probably aren't going to have a completely "normal" NFL season, as im spouting off about, but you then have to admit you were being over the top in stating there would be NO NFL season this year.

Truly, im not trying to argue, but just as you are passionately stating worst case scenario as fact, I'm on the other end. We are both naive.

Also, I am not going to give merit to an article written a month ago by an opinion piece writer.

#22933 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sorry for use of the word "forever" , but you know what I meant. If I am naive for thinking things will be normal sooner than later, you are certainly equally naive for thinking the opposite. Reality is somewhere in the middle I am sure. We probably aren't going to have a completely "normal" NFL season, as im spouting off about, but you then have to admit you were being over the top in stating there would be NO NFL season this year.
Truly, im not trying to argue, but just as you are passionately stating worst case scenario as fact, I'm on the other end. We are both naive.
Also, I am not going to give merit to an article written a month ago by an opinion piece writer.

I didn’t ask you to give “merit” to it, I asked you to read it. It raises a number of points you might find interesting. You’d rather not hear those points, fine with me, but don’t pretend to have any credibility in an even handed discussion when all you are interested in is happy talk and nonsense like “we’ll only let 10k people into the stadium,” “staggered entry” and all that other poppycock im hearing from the nfl. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me when you take reality into account.

I’ve read a lot of “opinion pieces” during this crisis, and come to the conclusion that many of them are pretty much horseshit. But how do you rebut them when refuse to read them, and your sole source on this issue is Dana White?

Your opinion seems to be “nfl has to happen because it has to and I want it to!!!!! We can’t just stay shut down forever!!!!!”

It’s passionate. But it‘a not very convincing.

#22934 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn’t ask you to give “merit” to it, I asked you to read it. It raises a number of points you might find interesting. You’d rather not hear those points, fine with me, but don’t pretend to have any credibility when all you are interested in is happy talk and nonsense like “we’ll only let 10k people into the stadium,” “staggered entry” and all that other poppycock im hearing from the nfl. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me.
I’ve read a lot of “opinion pieces” during this crisis, and come to the conclusion that many of them are pretty much horseshit. But how do you rebut them when refuse to read them, and your sole source on this issue is Dana White?

I agree with many of the points you are making. Not even trying to be snarky, but I truly am confused why you seem to think a positive spin on this is a bad thing. Ive never downplayed anything, but the more we learn about the countless people who have had this, and had no idea, is nothing short of proof that this isnt as bad as originally thought. I for one, am thankful for that.

Also, give me some credit, Dana White is a GREAT source for news!

#22935 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I agree with many of the points you are making. Not even trying to be snarky, but I truly am confused why you seem to think a positive spin on this is a bad thing.
Also, give me some credit, Dana White is a GREAT source for news!

I guess I just don’t want you to raise your expectations so high only to see them cruelly dashed.

And touche on Dana White!

#22936 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess I just don’t want you to raise your expectations so high only to see them cruelly dashed.
And touche on Dana White!

Ive seen some shit man, nothing would surprise me, but much appreciated. On another note, I still have a winning 10 team parlay from last season. Totally forgot, lol.

#22937 3 years ago

"Report: Booger McFarland, Joe Tessitore Won't Return to 'Monday Night Football'"

Sorry if this was posted before but i didn;t see it.

I'm all for this. I was looking forward to hearing Tessitore on Holey Moley 2, but not football.

#22938 3 years ago

I'm convinced now for sure Jerry Jones does have a brain tumor. What else would account for someone offering Dak $35mil over 5yrs with $106mil guaranteed? Russell Wilson must really be feeling short changed if Dak can command his type money.

#22939 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Report: Booger McFarland, Joe Tessitore Won't Return to 'Monday Night Football'"
Sorry if this was posted before but i didn;t see it.
I'm all for this. I was looking forward to hearing Tessitore on Holey Moley 2, but not football.

They were terrible...Tessitore is better with college football, and Booger was the absolute worst

#22940 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They were terrible...Tessitore is better with college football, and Booger was the absolute worst

Booger was terrible, and j have no idea why they were obsessed with motorizing him. Some weird mad max fetish or something.

#22941 3 years ago
6410CF2F-B053-4838-9A2D-875690B22180 (resized).jpeg6410CF2F-B053-4838-9A2D-875690B22180 (resized).jpeg
#22942 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm convinced now for sure Jerry Jones does have a brain tumor. What else would account for someone offering Dak $35mil over 5yrs with $106mil guaranteed? Russell Wilson must really be feeling short changed if Dak can command his type money.

In a year that deal will seem cheap.

Kirk cousins looking out for his bro.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-offers-advice-to-dak-prescott-dont-be-afraid-of-the-franchise-tag/amp/

It’s great to see these players sticking up for each other.

#22943 3 years ago

Cap moves up every year, the new qb deal is bigger, i don't know why this confuses anyone.
Jerad Goff got 110 million garenteed....guess what he, already restructured it just like Dak and every qb does.

#22944 3 years ago

I should have worked harder during two-a-days....

#22945 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I should have worked harder during two-a-days....

For real?!

#22946 3 years ago

Lol. No...i just find it kind of surreal that we are debating 35-40+ mil a year for QBs

#22947 3 years ago

Dak has already been tagged, so that's 31.5 right there. If you want to know what surreal is, lst me a list a few NBA players that make 30 million or more. Now true, I'm not as versed in BBall but I'm a sportsman so I know average stuff.
Kyrie irving & clay Thompson whom missed the year, but I have heard of them.
Gordon Howard, mike Conley, tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, Paul Millsap.
Maybe theose are big players, but they dont sound the level of the most valuable team in the biggest sport in the country.

#22948 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dak has already been tagged, so that's 31.5 right there. If you want to know what surreal is, lst me a list a few NBA players that make 30 million or more. Now true, I'm not as versed in BBall but I'm a sportsman so I know average stuff.
Kyrie irving & clay Thompson whom missed the year, but I have heard of them.
Gordon Howard, mike Conley, tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, Paul Millsap.
Maybe theose are big players, but they dont sound the level of the most valuable team in the biggest sport in the country.

My guess is they will make Dak play under the FT for a year or two. If he doesn't choose to play than so be it..

#22949 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is they will make Dak play under the FT for a year or two.

I thought he was stupid to have turned down the 33mil offer but it looks as if it paid off this time, he had best take this one I don't think he'll get another.

#22950 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I thought he was stupid to have turned down the 33mil offer but it looks as if it paid off this time, he had best take this one I don't think he'll get another.

Totally agree....for a guy who is a mid tier QB he should have taken that all day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/459 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.