pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 1,514.
#22751 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I still find it really strange that Dalton agreed to sign as a backup after all the local TV and Radio interviews where he stated emphatically that he would not. Do you suppose he's been duped to believe he'll be the starter, or assured he'll at least be able to compete for the spot?
I think Dalton got a decent contract for backup, 7mil overall with 3mil guaranteed is not bad, certainly better than the majority of Backups.

What was he going to do, pull a Tebow and sign with the Mets? I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall and figured out that $7 million to ride the bench in Dallas beats unemployment. And who knows, if Dak sprains his ankle stepping off a curb, he might even get to play.

#22752 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

USA Today rated The Dallas Cowboys with the addition of Dalton as the 2nd best backup situation behind #1 Saints with Brees/Winston combo.
I still find it really strange that Dalton agreed to sign as a backup after all the local TV and Radio interviews where he stated emphatically that he would not. Do you suppose he's been duped to believe he'll be the starter, or assured he'll at least be able to compete for the spot?
I think Dalton got a decent contract for backup, 7mil overall with 3mil guaranteed is not bad, certainly better than the majority of Backups.

They know less about football than MSNBC and CNN

#22753 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

More
What was he going to do

I don't blame him for signing, I just found it curious after all he had to say. Like I said I thought the deal was in his favor for a backup.

That would mean then that they know zippo about anything because they sure as hell can't report any other news, of any sort!

#22754 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall and figured out that $7 million to ride the bench in Dallas beats unemployment..

Or 4million on a shitty team that has no chance of making the playoffs, which he's spent enough time in the past.

Quoted from RWH:

I don't blame him for signing, I just found it curious after all he had to say.

Like any player he didnt want to be a backup, then he probably got 3 offers from teams to be a back up and figured out the reality.

I mean look at the bright side, this is the most anyone has talked aboot Dalton in 10 years

#22755 3 years ago

Skip Bayless said today that he believes Jones told Dalton he had a good chance to play/start this season. The Cowboys are making no headway in negotiations with Dak's agent so it gives them options.

Should be an interesting locker room...

#22756 3 years ago

Skip Bayless is the fucking worst. Well, hes gotta be in the bottom 3.

#22757 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is half of the stupidest duo of sports broadcasting with the other half of the dynamic duo being Stephen A. Smith. When they were together it was simply magical, dumb meets dumber to say the least.

#22758 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

...being Stephen A. Smith....

Yes, how could I forget that one. That's 2 right there...not much room left. I'll have to think hard aboot #3

#22759 3 years ago

Max Kellerman is my vote for that #3 role. Also in the running are Cowherd and, somewhat surprisingly, Greenberg. He was tolerable when he was on with Golic, mostly because of the way Golic reacted to his ridiculous takes.

#22760 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Max Kellerman is my vote for that #3 role. Also in the running are Cowherd

I'll take Cowherd for #3. Max Kellerman is really bad when they have him announcing boxing matches....lets get him in at #4

#22761 3 years ago

... Also in the running are Cowherd...

Quoted from RWH:

I'll take Cowherd for #3. ...

Yes it seems easier than I thought; Cowherd a lead pipe lock @ 3.
Kellerman doesn't bother me...but I may just have found memories of Around The Horn

EDIT: Thankfully Chris Berman disappeared so he doesn't need to be factored in.

#22762 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't disagree, but he knows the Cowboys organization pretty well...

#22763 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I don't disagree, but he knows the Cowboys organization pretty well...

I think he thinks he does as well. I've never really cared aboot Dallas so I've never fact checked him, but on general principle I don't trust anything he says. They only person I trust less is Jones, and if Dalton is dumb enough to believe him then they all deserve each otehr

#22764 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't blame him for signing, I just found it curious after all he had to say. Like I said I thought the deal was in his favor for a backup.

That would mean then that they know zippo about anything because they sure as hell can't report any other news, of any sort!

That’s a fact.Fredo and crew running from the beast.

#22765 3 years ago

There's a doc on ESPN about Alex Smith's injury and recovery called "Project 11". It's a little over-stylized, and pretty darn graphic, but worth a watch. I've always felt like he was a real good player that never got into a great system.

#22766 3 years ago

I kind of like Cowherd because of his northwest plugs. It's unique and obvious and funny. Don't sleep on Yakima / Spokane / Lewiston / Corvallis!

#22767 3 years ago

There's a doc on ESPN about Alex Smith's injury and recovery called "Project 11". It's a little over-stylized, and pretty darn graphic, but worth a watch. I've always felt like he was a real good player that never got into a great system.

I agree.. I felt like he was smart, accurate, had good arm strength, and was just a few pieces away from Super Bowl success. He made every team he went to better. I never understood why he got the short end of the stick so often.

#22768 3 years ago

Alex Smith was a pretty good qb while in KC. Sure, he didn’t throw the long ball/bombs often, but was still effective. Was he a top 10 qb? No, but I can appreciate him for his accomplishments on, and even more what he did off the field..a pretty good honourable man..and to help teach/show Mahomes what a qb does to be a true pro..fn priceless..

#22769 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was just bummed the few times I’ve bought a UFC fight the main event took less than a minute. The under card stuff was great each time though. Made it worth the money.

I heard that there was a website called “sportsurge.net” where you can watch these sporting events free. It may or may not work but maybe you should bookmark it in case it does.

#22770 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

USA Today rated The Dallas Cowboys with the addition of Dalton as the 2nd best backup situation behind #1 Saints with Brees/Winston combo.

I think he's waiting one year to see how many qb's retire and what spot open up. Not a good year to be a free agent qb..next year he will get paid.

#22771 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I heard that there was a website called “sportsurge.net” where you can watch these sporting events free. It may or may not work but maybe you should bookmark it in case it does.

I’m good. I only watch this stuff once or twice a year. I can pay for it to get it in HD on my tv.

#22772 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m good. I only watch this stuff once or twice a year. I can pay for it to get it in HD on my tv.

I only watch the really big fights so I dont watch it much either. Theres usually a lot of people on YouTube streaming them as well, just gotta look for them.

#22773 3 years ago
889F8E2C-6465-46B6-805F-7C65B157A408 (resized).jpeg889F8E2C-6465-46B6-805F-7C65B157A408 (resized).jpeg
#22774 3 years ago

He's not even a top 5 QB in the NFC let alone the best

#22775 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He's not even a top 5 QB in the NFC let alone the best

I saw him play in person the last year Andrew Luck played.Luck handed home his ass in a 20 to 0 beat down.A good QB can lead a team back ,like Russell Wilson does

#22776 3 years ago

I know everyone loves to hate on the cowboys. I do too. Dak may not be a top 5 qb, but he's squarely in the top 10.

#22777 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Can someone explain what Wentz is laughing aboot in this picture?

#22778 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone explain what Wentz is laughing aboot in this picture?

His laughing because he made it into the playoffs and Dak didn’t!

#22779 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

His laughing because he made it into the playoffs and Dak didn’t!

Is that what the schools in Indiana are teaching these days?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story as they say

#22780 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I saw him play in person the last year Andrew Luck played.Luck handed home his ass in a 20 to 0 beat down.A good QB can lead a team back ,like Russell Wilson does

My man, lets step back a min. I am by NO means on team Dak, but lets be honest. Literally ANY QB in the league can have their ass handed to them on any given day, it doesnt equate to them being great, or not being great.

Lamar Jackson SHREDDED literally every team he faced... and then got destroyed by Ryan Tannehill in the playoffs. It by NO means makes Ryan Tannehill the superior player.

That said, yes, Andrew Luck is far superior to Dak.

#22781 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

That said, yes, Andrew Luck is far superior to Dak.

Luck is held together with duct tape and won't play football again, so it's kinda moot.

I personally hope and pray that this Ohio fantasy of ANdy Dalton taking over the Cowboys offense in 2021 when football happens again comes true. As a Skins fan I can't think of anything more awesome.

#22782 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Luck is held together with duct tape and won't play football again, so it's kinda moot.
I personally hope and pray that this Ohio fantasy of ANdy Dalton taking over the Cowboys offense in 2021 when football happens again comes true. As a Skins fan I can't think of anything more awesome.

Here you are again with your conspiracy theory that the NFL isn't happening this year. They are literally hosting a UFC event this Saturday, and you still think the NFL wont happen in some capacity (fans in the stands or not).

Also, Andy Dalton will tear it up with a good offensive line. He's no Joe Burrow, but he will always be the GOAT of Cincinnati in my heart. Just listen to your heart Levi, whats it telling you the right thing to do is? Open up, and allow Andy in.

#22783 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Andy Dalton will tear it up with a good offensive line. He's no Joe Burrow, but he will always be the GOAT of Cincinnati in my heart. Just listen to your heart Levi, whats it telling you the right thing to do is? Open up, and allow Andy in.

Beautiful.gifBeautiful.gif
#22784 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

...He's no Joe Burrow, but he will always be the GOAT of Cincinnati in my heart.

You fucking Cincy fans are so weird. Dalton the Cincy GOAT?!?

#22785 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is that what the schools in Indiana are teaching these days?
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story as they say

I actually was raised in Ann Arbor and was educated grade 4 to 12 there

#22786 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You fucking Cincy fans are so weird. Dalton the Cincy GOAT?!?

Name a QB that was better in Cincy for an extended period of time. There aren’t many options, haha.

#22787 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I actually was raised in Ann Arbor and was educated grade 4 to 12 there

Fair enough, Dak didn't win his Playoff game till after that I guess

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Name a QB that was better in Cincy for an extended period of time. There aren’t many options, haha.

How bout the ones that got to the superbowl? Just a thought
EDIT: Or at least one playoff win...GOAT!!!!

#22788 3 years ago

When the fuck did Dalton become a HOFer, did I miss a playoff win somewhere?

#22789 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bengals fans have been battered so long they cant even remember when they were competitive.

#22790 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How bout the ones that got to the superbowl? Just a thought

Arguments can be made for Kenny or Boomer. So that makes 3 options for the entire franchises history. Like I said. Not many options.

Before my time but google says:

Kenny - 2-4 in the playoffs. 9 TDs 6 picks.

Boomer 3-2 In the playoffs. 4 TDs and 3 picks.

That isn’t anything crazy good. So yeah I don’t fault anyone for picking Dalton over them for best Bengals QB ever.

I say it’s a tie between Dalton and Kenny. Haha

#22791 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s not a hall of famer. Who said that?

#22792 3 years ago

All this talk that Dalton is anywhere near as good as Dak is laughable. There’s a reason there wasn’t many teams interested, Dalton is/was an average NFL QB. And I hate the Cowboys, and like Dalton, he’s a good guy for sure.

#22793 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

All this talk that Dalton is anywhere near as good as Dak is laughable. There’s a reason there wasn’t many teams interested, Dalton is/was an average NFL QB. And I hate the Cowboys, and like Dalton, he’s a good guy for sure.

Dak is slightly above average imo and Dalton is average. They both aren’t worth talking about that much.

#22794 3 years ago

If dalton is the cincy goat, is Marvin Lewis also the cincy goat?

I don’t remember Sam Wyche going to the playoffs 6 years in a row or whatever.

Also...damn this discussion must be pretty depressing if you are a bengals fan.

#22795 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If dalton is the cincy goat, is Marvin Lewis also the cincy goat?

Yup. Easily imo.

Like being a Redskins fan, there isn’t too much to be proud of. It’s all fairly depressing to being a fan of the Bengals.

#22796 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yup. Easily imo.
Like being a Redskins fan, there isn’t too much to be proud of. It’s all fairly depressing to being a fan of the Bengals.

Three Lombardi trophies is something to be proud of.

I’m happy to commiserate over last 30 years of suckage but please don’t try to drag us down to that level. I think you are looking for a lions or Browns fan.

#22797 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Three Lombardi trophies is something to be proud of.

Were you alive for any of them? Experience them? If so, awesome. They’ve still sucked for a very very long time. Just like the Bengals.

#22798 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Were you alive for any of them? Experience them? If so, awesome. They’ve still sucked for a very very long time. Just like the Bengals.

Yes, I attended three home game wins for our last super bowl run (I was like 16!) and watched all three of those glorious wins on TV.

Even attended a super bowl win parade.

I really don’t think that’s just like bengals.

#22799 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don’t think that’s just like bengals.

You’re right. The bengals have never won a super bowl.

But they’ve sucked for a very very long time. Just like the Redskins.

#22800 3 years ago

Carson Palmer was the best cincy QB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.