spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 1,513.
#22701 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With the Ohio Bengals crew, it ALWAYS has shit to do with the situation.
You too for that matter!
I guess you just be new here.

I have no clue for what you just said??????
Libs are always seeking for racism in everything,must be feeling guilty?

#22702 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I have no clue for what you just said??????
Libs are always seeking for racism in everything,must be feeling guilty?

Seeking for racism?

You need to seek for 4th grade English again I think.

#22703 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Libs are always seeking for racism in everythin....

Stop making it political; it's northerners vs heyseeds.

#22704 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop making it political; it's northerners vs heyseeds.

Seriously!

It’s just some good old fashioned geographical ribbing here.

Not sure if you guys heard they shittin in the streets up in here! (They are. But even the bums are wearing masks these days which is heartening!)

#22705 3 years ago

I recently skipped 5 pages, so some of this may have already been covered:

I thought it is cool that Goodell is not taking his 40m salary this year, he was working for free during the draft. AND, he did not announce it, it was leaked.

On local news on TV while ago it was announced that the NFL plans to have their season this fall, with schedules being released soon. They did say they would take recommendations from health experts when the time comes.

I remember long ago the talk was the Dolphins were going to tank for Tua. They did not 100% tank, and was able to get him anyway.

My girlfriend loves Tua, and she said "oh, he will not be happy on that team". I said "he is from Hawaii, so I think he will be a lot more comfortable there than Green Bay or somewhere cold.

#22706 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With the Ohio Bengals crew,

Hey Levi now you know we're not known as the Ohio Bengals Crew, we are the Southern Ohio Village people remember. I hate to be called by the wrong name.

#22707 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I thought it is cool that Goodell is not taking his 40m salary this year, he was working for free during the draft. AND, he did not announce it, it was leaked.

When you make 40mil a year you can afford to miss one.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

On local news on TV while ago it was announced that the NFL plans to have their season this fall, with schedules being released soon. They did say they would take recommendations from health experts when the time comes.

As a fan I applaud them deciding to play but as a person I don't feel they have the right to ask these players to do so in the face of this virus. I'd love to see a touchdown but I don't want to see anymore broken lives and funerals.

#22708 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it's northerners vs heyseeds.

Proud to be counted amongst the hayseeds but damn it sucks when you realize you're both a northerner and a hayseed

#22709 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

When you make 40mil a year you can afford to miss one.

It's hard to believe that they pay him 40 million a year to ruin the NFL.

#22710 3 years ago

Since we are doing comparisons.

F9C390A6-231A-4C5C-BDB0-0404724D81C6 (resized).jpegF9C390A6-231A-4C5C-BDB0-0404724D81C6 (resized).jpeg
#22711 3 years ago

It makes sense for the NFL to announce a full schedule now. It puts a lot of parts if the industry in a tough spot if you do anything else. We just dont know what's going go happen over the next several months. I'm personally hoping that they err on the side of caution.

I heard they are building in some flexibility to move the schedule back up to 5 weeks.

#22712 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Since we are doing comparisons.
[quoted image]

“Landover Maryland” is not the same as “Washington DC” but otherwise that’s solid memesmanship

Oh and there won’t be an nfl season in 2020. Sorry bengals fans, hold off on that super bowl parade for at least a year.

#22713 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Landover Maryland” is not the same as “Washington DC” but otherwise that’s solid memesmanship
Oh and there won’t be an nfl season in 2020. Sorry bengals fans, hold off on that super bowl parade for at least a year.

Just curious, and you may be correct. Why would you think this way though? Businesses are opening back up now. Why would you write the entire season off in your mind? Even if games have no fans, etc?

If you are correct, we have a much, much bigger issue than any virus.

#22714 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200504-091450~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200504-091450~2 (resized).png
#22715 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Lost a legend there now. He was great!

#22716 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Damn.

The Reaper: Still Undefeated!

#22717 3 years ago

Sad day for all football fans.

#22718 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sad day for all football fans.

I was hoping his son would be a legend like his dad when he became the Bengals coach. That didnt turn out so well lol.

#22719 3 years ago

That's a bummer. On the brightside, he was able to celebrate that perfect season with his team for almost 50 years.

#22720 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just curious, and you may be correct. Why would you think this way though? Businesses are opening back up now. Why would you write the entire season off in your mind? Even if games have no fans, etc?
If you are correct, we have a much, much bigger issue than any virus.

Yes “business are reopening.”

No, that doesn’t mean there’s any real connection to reality there, or that it means things are getting better. In fact, things are getting worse, and will continue to get worse for the foreseeable future.

Don’t believe me? Listen to the trump administration (just don’t listen to trump himself, who is just making up numbers on a daily basis like he wings every thing else).

I just don’t see how with 3,000 or more people dying a day and hundreds of thousands of new confirmed cases a day we are gonna be seeing minicamp it anything else football related. There will be no season in 2020. The fact that “businesses are reopening” has zero bearing on that and probably just extends our time without football.

I used to think we’d get an abbreviated season staring in October, but I was in as much denial as everyone else. 2020 is a write off. The entire year season. Unless you are into NASCAR I guess.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495971-trump-administration-projecting-3k-daily-coronavirus-deaths-by-june

#22721 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Sad to hear, this is probably going to cause Odin to start drinking.

#22722 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sad to hear, this is probably going to cause Odin to start drinking.

The alarm clock causes that.

This could drive him to meth!

#22723 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, that doesn’t mean there’s any real connection to reality there, or that things are getting better. In fact, things are getting worse, and will continue to get worse.
Don’t believe me? Listen to the trump administration (just don’t listen to trump himself, who is just making up numbers on a daily basis like he wings every thing else).
I just don’t see how with 3,000 or more problem dying a day we are gonna be seeing minicamp it anything else football related. There will be no season in 2020. The fact that “businesses are reopening” has zero bearing on that and probably just extends our time without football.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495971-trump-administration-projecting-3k-daily-coronavirus-deaths-by-june

You listen to way too much liberal propaganda i.e MSNBC/CNN/NPR and have bought into the BS they market.

#22724 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You listen to way too much liberal propaganda i.e MSNBC/CNN/NPR and have bought into the BS they market.

(edited)

#22725 3 years ago
2FAD4C78-7A25-4359-8E00-A162989DAEE0.gif2FAD4C78-7A25-4359-8E00-A162989DAEE0.gif
#22726 3 years ago

I’m still thinking there will be football one way or another, it’s Goodell and the evil empire after all.

#22727 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m still thinking there will be football one way or another, it’s Goodell and the evil empire after all.

Way too much $ from the NFL - I think they will have a season but will be changed somehow (no fans, shortened season, etc.). And since I am addicted to the NFL and betting on the games, playing fantasy football and the like I am sticking to this hope.

#22728 3 years ago

If the owners have a clause that gets them out of paying contracts if the season is canceled, that remains a possibility. If there's no clause and they're on the hook for all of those contracts, I cannot imagine they won't go forward with the season, in empty stadiums if need-be, to minimize the bleeding. No doubt they'll ask the players to share the pain by agreeing to some kind of temporary pay reduction. And I'm betting most pro athletes would be willing to roll the dice and play, betting that they're in the best possible demographic (other than children) and are unlikely to have permanent impacts from infection.

Filling stadiums with the average middle-aged, overweight NFL fan may be another story. I'm guessing they'll ease into that as they'd like to avoid negative press about killing their fans, but that revenue stream will also look pretty tempting as Fall approaches.

#22729 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, that doesn’t mean there’s any real connection to reality there, or that it means things are getting better. In fact, things are getting worse, and will continue to get worse for the foreseeable future.
I just don’t see how with 3,000 or more people dying a day and hundreds of thousands of new confirmed cases a day we are gonna be seeing minicamp it anything else football related. There will be no season in 2020. The fact that “businesses are reopening” has zero bearing on that and probably just extends our time without football.
I used to think we’d get an abbreviated season staring in October, but I was in as much denial as everyone else. 2020 is a write off. The entire year season. Unless you are into NASCAR I guess.

There is a live UFC event slated for this coming Saturday. Its just an opinion, I get that, but I strongly believe if we are forced to write of our entire summer we are going to do more damage than any virus could ever think of doing.

I cant wait till the day accurate antibody testing is available, which will show just how many of us have already had this.

#22731 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I def think there will be a season fo sho. I have no idea how long but they'll wHip up something

#22732 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Exactly, we still have months before football season to get this sorted out. UFC is having a huge PPV event THIS SATURDAY. I cant see into the future, but I just can not see an entire year without football. Too much economic impact, to an already unstable economy. People need to work to survive.

#22733 3 years ago

Im good with football starting a month or more later in perpetuity. FL teams hosting home games in hurricane season drives me nuts. Plus it's still in the 90s deep into September in the south.

#22734 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200504-183907~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200504-183907~2 (resized).png
#22735 3 years ago

Dude you just can’t help yourself!

#22736 3 years ago

Opening day for South Korean baseball! Its on now baby!

#22737 3 years ago

Ufc card is stacked this weekend!

#22738 3 years ago

I much prefer boxing to UFC. But I guess, apocalypse considered, I'll settle.

How much of this am I going to be able to catch for free? I saw with my espn+ sub (it's pretty awful, do not recommend) it would cost me 60 for the ppv.

#22739 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I much prefer boxing to UFC. But I guess, apocalypse considered, I'll settle.
How much of this am I going to be able to catch for free? I saw with my espn+ sub (it's pretty awful, do not recommend) it would cost me 60 for the ppv.

All the NFL games are unlawfully streamed live, so I'd have to imagine someone streams PPV fights as well.

#22740 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I much prefer boxing to UFC

I'm with you on the boxing over UFC. Boxing has lost popularity over the last couple decades but is starting to draw bigger and bigger crowds again. I'd like to see it back at it's former glory but I think those days are gone forever.

#22741 3 years ago

Im team UFC all the way. Boxing, for the most part is a snooze fest for me, but many say the same about certain UFC fighting styles. Really wish Khabib was fighting this weekend. Very surprised a dude who wrestled bears as a child was scared of traveling.

#22742 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im team UFC all the way. Boxing, for the most part is a snooze fest for me, but many say the same about certain UFC fighting styles. Really wish Khabib was fighting this weekend. Very surprised a dude who wrestled bears as a child was scared of traveling.

Boxing is dead as f*ck. The UFC has taken over. You wanna see how much of a man you are then step in the octagon! Love it.

#22743 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Boxing is dead as f*ck. The UFC has taken over. You wanna see how much of a man you are then step in the octagon! Love it.

I was just bummed the few times I’ve bought a UFC fight the main event took less than a minute. The under card stuff was great each time though. Made it worth the money.

#22744 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As a whole I would say dead, yes. Every once in a while you get an absolute gem though. Fury Wilder was an absolute war the first time, second fight was more of a father taking his son to school.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was just bummed the few times I’ve bought a UFC fight the main event took less than a minute. The under card stuff was great each time though. Made it worth the money.

Yeah Dana White typically does his best in getting some fantastic match ups for the under card. This Saturdays event is absolutely stacked. Every fight on the main card should be war. Beyond pumped for this event.

As a side note, and this being an NFL thread, you will get to watch Greg Hardy get his ass beat!

#22745 3 years ago

This guy Lavar Ball is a hell of a character. He has 3 talented sons playing Basketball if he would just get out of the way and let their careers develop.

#22746 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

As a whole I would say dead, yes

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Boxing is dead as f*ck.

Simply "No" both of you, boxing is still alive and getting better. Like any other sport boxing was just in a lull for a bit with mediocre talent throughout the ranks but the middle weights and heavy weights are getting some exciting and talented influx throughout. I doubt boxing will ever reach the interest it enjoyed say through the 70's to late 80's but it will compete with the other fight based sports without question.

#22747 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This guy Lavar Ball is a hell of a character. He has 3 talented sons playing Basketball if he would just get out of the way and let their careers develop.

Is he getting into UFC too?

#22748 3 years ago

Canelo/GGG is where it's at right now in boxing for me. It's a shame Cotto got taken out of that mix early, he was also fun to watch.

#22749 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's a site where you can watch all that stuff for free but I forget what the website is. I will look when I get home. I've used it a couple of times and it's worked both times so far. I'm definitely not paying to watch.

#22750 3 years ago

USA Today rated The Dallas Cowboys with the addition of Dalton as the 2nd best backup situation behind #1 Saints with Brees/Winston combo.

I still find it really strange that Dalton agreed to sign as a backup after all the local TV and Radio interviews where he stated emphatically that he would not. Do you suppose he's been duped to believe he'll be the starter, or assured he'll at least be able to compete for the spot?
I think Dalton got a decent contract for backup, 7mil overall with 3mil guaranteed is not bad, certainly better than the majority of Backups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.