nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 451 of 1,516.
#22501 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hurts to Philly is ho lee chit material for me

A real head scratcher.

#22502 4 years ago

Yeah there's that MLB we needed! Happy with all the picks for Cincy so far.

#22503 4 years ago

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the lions picks so far. Got the #1 back in the draft in the 2nd round and a solid Linebacker in the 3rd.

#22504 4 years ago

I like the 3 picks for the Saints. Great to get Ruiz in the first , Baun to shore up the LB corps , and Trautman was a steal this late. I though Trautman was a low 1st or early 2nd round guy.

Not much love for TEs in this draft so far.

#22505 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the lions picks so far. Got the #1 back in the draft in the 3rd round and a solid Linebacker in the 4th.

You started the 4th round without us?!?

#22506 4 years ago

32 teams going to the superbowl confirmed!

#22507 4 years ago

Tennessee better have a deal in place for Clowney, or the failure to address the DL is borderline criminal

#22508 4 years ago

Was he traded from Seattle?

#22509 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You started the 4th round without us?!?

Corrected!

#22510 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Was he traded from Seattle?

He’s a free agent

#22511 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s a free agent

I know he was a free agent but I thought Seattle still retained rights to him till the end of this season.

#22512 4 years ago

WTF is wrong with ESPN? Last night when the Bengals chose Tee Higgins, instead of talking about what he brings to the game they have a whole story on his Mom's drug addiction struggles over the past 16 yrs.. C'mon really you can't say anything about this kid other than point out his parents faults? He was not the only player they did that too. I just can't fathom why it would not be better to just laude the hard work and sacrifices these kids (and family) endure to get to this point. Guess Manfred Man was correct when they said "crap is king" when singing of the press.

#22513 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

WTF is wrong with ESPN? Last night when the Bengals chose Tee Higgins, instead of talking about what he brings to the game they have a whole story on his Mom's drug addiction struggles over the past 16 yrs.. C'mon really you can't say anything about this kid other than point out his parents faults? He was not the only player they did that too. I just can't fathom why it would not be better to just laude the hard work and sacrifices these kids (and family) endure to get to this point. Guess Manfred Man was correct when they said "crap is king" when singing of the press.

They are broadcasting about 20 hours of draft. They need to fill airtime. It’s not “exploiting his parents faults” it’s trying to drum up a human interest story by differentiating this guy from the other 100 who have been drafted so far. You really think this is muck raking?! The guy’s agent probably provided ESPN with the story himself.

The press is awesome. Never been prouder of the job they’ve been doing than the past few months. We owe them endless gratitude, and just this weekend they are literally saving lives by reminding us not to inject Lysol into our lungs.

What does this have to do with the nfl draft? No fucking idea.

#22514 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What does this have to do with the nfl draft? No fucking idea. You tell me. You brought it up, as usual.

I was just thinking they could have talked about more positive things and sorry but I was not talking about "what the press has been doing for the past few months". I was simply commenting on their choice of topic for celebrating these guys accomplishments.

#22515 4 years ago

I would just like to see college gameday give something like the top 5 remaining at each position and breakdowns instead of rehashing what's already happened.

#22516 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I was just thinking they could have talked about more positive things and sorry but I was not talking about "what the press has been doing for the past few months". I was simply commenting on their choice of topic for celebrating these guys accomplishments.

I get sick of it too but it’s just standard bullshit. How many Olympics do I have to hear about a skier’s recently deceased chiahuaha?

It’s just human interest bullshit. Like I said the player’s agent probably fed them That story.

NOw will somebody PLEASE trade a couple bullshit day 3 picks for Trent Williams? I am so sick of this asshole and the year of drama.

#22517 4 years ago

After a trade with the Saints last night the Vikings have 13 picks today. That's crazy.

#22518 4 years ago

I'm damn glad the 2-3rd rds are in the books for Cincy. Thought for sure they'd trade down come 2nd rd. like years before in order to gain a pick or two down the road. I hope they go OL the next rd. and maybe another LB.

#22519 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

After a trade with the Saints last night the Vikings have 13 picks today

2 drafts worth of picks!

#22520 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NOw will somebody PLEASE trade a couple bullshit day 3 picks for Trent Williams? I am so sick of this asshole and the year of drama

32 year old malcontent owed $12.5M and give up draft picks? Sign me up!

#22521 4 years ago

MN had a deal worked out for him, but he wouldn't allow it.

#22522 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

32 year old malcontent owed $12.5M and give up draft picks? Sign me up!

Pro bowl left tackles are still a commodity!

Someone will pony up for him. It might take someone getting hurt once / if the season starts.

#22523 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

MN had a deal worked out for him, but he wouldn't allow it.

Yeah I just read that.

He really sucks. It was easy to pick sides when it was him vs. Bruce Allen but at this point he’s just coming off as a jerk off.

#22524 4 years ago

Well, that didnt take long.

#22525 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pro bowl left tackles are still a commodity!
Someone will pony up for him. It might take someone getting hurt once / if the season starts.

Well Shefter says hes going to SF. Congrats to you and Trent!

#22526 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Well Shefter says hes going to SF. Congrats to you and Trent!

See? If you ask nicely sometimes you get what you want.

Pretty shitty reported haul for a player like Trent but I’m just glad it’s over.

——-/
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the 49ers will send the Redskins a 2020 fifth-round pick and a 2021 third-round pick in exchange for the star left tackle.

#22527 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the lions picks so far. Got the #1 back in the draft in the 2nd round and a solid Linebacker in the 3rd.

It's a good stash of players that wilm end up not wanting to play for quinn/patty.
Maybe the new guys next year can use them

#22528 4 years ago

Cincy opened the 4th rd. with a LB. He'll be a little work (coverage skills) but I think in 1 or 2 seasons he'll be on field a lot and for now he'll help out on special teams.

#22529 4 years ago

I always enjoy Daniel Jeremiah's analysis of prospects. ABC doesnt let him speak often enough.

#22530 4 years ago

Levi needs to change his avatar, its literally the only reason covid is still around.

#22531 4 years ago

Alright so after ruminating on the first 3 picks, I have decided I generally hate Tennessee's draft.

Isaiah Wilson, OT #29: Huge OT, even by NFL standards. Questionable technique, but might work out. Problem is they let Jack Conklin walk while getting nothing in return, then extended his backup who was never very good. A little foresight could have allowed this pick to go to another need.

Kristian Fulton, CB #61: I only vaguely remembered this guy before he was picked, and never expected him to be an option. He got notoriety for a 2 year suspension for falsifying his potty test. His production was never impressive on a stacked team. What happens when he gets into a league with no weed test? Smoking a bowl and a bag of Cheetos every night. Terrible pick, bust written all over it.

Darrynton Evans, RB #93: He has a weird highlight reel where he makes one cut and sprints untouched to a 50 yard TD against some college you may not have heard of. And he does that like 30 times. TN needed a 3rd down back so he may work out but this seems like the kind of guy you can get later. I probably would have went DT, NT, or C here. Legit size will be gone by the time TN picks again in the 5th.

TN traded away their 4th and 6ths, so pretty much a done deal. Worst draft of the Jon Robinson era, imo. Hope I'm wrong, but really need Clowney now or the team almost certainly is not as talented as last year.

#22532 4 years ago

Anyone still watching the draft doesnt want musical performances. I have no idea what's going on in the draft right now, and I'm watching the fucking draft.

#22533 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Alright so after ruminating on the first 3 picks, I have decided I generally hate Tennessee's draft.

I feel the same way about GB's. It's always a little frustrating watching the draft as a Packer fan. They're never going to take the exciting guys you want. They're instead going to trade back, or take someone you didn't know existed way above their projection. I'd keep my mouth shut if it works, as it did for years, but we have not been very good in the draft in the past 5 years.

Even if Love turns out to be a HOF QB, it won't matter, because when he takes the reigns we'll still be building for some distant future rather than giving him what he needs to win a SB.

I thought we'd be willing to push in our chips at the tail end of 12's career, but I guess not. I'm pretty pissed off today.

#22534 4 years ago

Anyone still watching the draft doesnt want musical performances. I have no idea what's going on in the draft right now, and I'm watching the fucking draft.

Cringy shit

#22535 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Kristian Fulton, CB #61: I only vaguely remembered this guy before he was picked, and never expected him to be an option. He got notoriety for a 2 year suspension for falsifying his potty test. His production was never impressive on a stacked team. What happens when he gets into a league with no weed test? Smoking a bowl and a bag of Cheetos every night. Terrible pick, bust written all over it.

I think you will like Fulton. He was ranked the number 3 corner in the draft by most sites and "could" have been a late first round pick.

His suspension was dropped to 1 year since he actually passed the pee test. Dumb decision by an 18 year old kid.

#22536 4 years ago

I feel the same way about GB's. It's always a little frustrating watching the draft as a Packer fan. They're never going to take the exciting guys you want. They're instead going to trade back, or take someone you didn't know existed way above their projection. I'd keep my mouth shut if it works, as it did for years, but we have not been very good in the draft in the past 5 years.
Even if Love turns out to be a HOF QB, it won't matter, because when he takes the reigns we'll still be building for some distant future rather than giving him what he needs to win a SB.
I thought we'd be willing to push in our chips at the tail end of 12's career, but I guess not. I'm pretty pissed off today.

The Love pick is weird, even if there weren't a trade up involved. Rodgers has years left on the odometer. I don't think Love will be good, and he reminds me of Jake Locker, but to be fair QB means everything in the NFL

I was reading some analytics site recently that had created a WAR statistic for football, and QB was multiples higher than the next highest position group. If Love turns out well it will be genius, and if not you'll have a new GM.

#22537 3 years ago

Dang here we are, draft picks in place......yeah all dressed up and nowhere to go

#22538 3 years ago

So, rumor mill says Winston to the Saints as a backup? I thought Taysom Hill was our backup QB.

Winston is a talent, but can they keep him from throwing so damn many interceptions?

#22539 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Winston is a talent, but can they keep him from throwing so damn many interceptions?

I think being backup to Brees is a great way to keep him from throwing picks.

#22540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So, rumor mill says Winston to the Saints as a backup? I thought Taysom Hill was our backup QB.

Haven't heard those rumors yet but I do know Tysom has not signed and says he will not sign anytime soon the RFA 1yr tender so they may be exploring options.

Quoted from BillySastard:

I think being backup to Brees is a great way to keep him from throwing picks.

No truer words spoken.

#22541 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

See? If you ask nicely sometimes you get what you want.
Pretty shitty reported haul for a player like Trent but I’m just glad it’s over.
——-/
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the 49ers will send the Redskins a 2020 fifth-round pick and a 2021 third-round pick in exchange for the star left tackle.

Is this true? I know the Niners need a tackle now that Staley just retired....Williams is a stud if he gets on the field, but he seems like a drama queen, which doesn't work on the Niners

#22542 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is this true? I know the Niners need a tackle now that Staley just retired....Williams is a stud if he gets on the field, but he seems like a drama queen, which doesn't work on the Niners

Just confirmed it is true....hmmm interesting trade...be great if the guy gets on the field

#22543 3 years ago

Going to be really difficult for UDFAs to catch on if they cancel all activities before training camp

#22544 3 years ago

The Saints sign both Winston to a 1yr deal and their backup Taysom Hill to a 2yr deal. Are they offering Brees a cigarette or blindfold here? Winston must have been more than affordable or something, I just can't see the logic here.

#22545 3 years ago

Obviously Taysum Hill isn't a starting Qb.
EDIT: and Winston knows everything aboot a division rival.

#22546 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Going to be really difficult for UDFAs to catch on if they cancel all activities before training camp

Redskins signed that moss
Kid at TE

#22547 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins signed that moss
Kid at TE

Wow he didn't get drafted?

#22548 3 years ago

Im going to guess the college season will be cancelled. Next years draft will be the weirdest yet.

#22549 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow he didn't get drafted?

He got hurt at the combine.

#22550 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im going to guess the college season will be cancelled. Next years draft will be the weirdest yet.

I dont believe it will be. Tons of places are already trying to open back up, and the rest have made tentative plans for re-opening.

Worst case scenario is they will play without fans in the stands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 451 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/451 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.