pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 1,514.
#2201 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Add this one too.

He won a couple rings, and yes he did have class. I am not a Raiders fan, but I rooted for them when he was at the helm.

#2202 10 years ago

Do you think Marino had class?? He was king whiner!

#2203 10 years ago

Do you think Peyton Manning has class? I do......but if Marino is king whiner, Peyton is a close second.

#2204 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Do you think Marino had class?? He was king whiner!

He was a total hothead. i wasn't a big fan during that era. I still hoped they would win, but i knew his disposition wasn't good.

i liked Drew Bledsoe too. I didn't get it that after all those years and all the beatings he took, that after he came back from injury and won the AFC title game that Brady ended up getting the start in the Super Bowl. Sure it paid off with a win, but I thought it was a pretty classless move considering what Drew had done for the Franchise.

#2205 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't get it that after all those years and all the beatings he took, that after he came back from injury and won the AFC title game that Brady ended up getting the start in the Super Bowl. Sure it paid off with a win, but I thought it was a pretty classless move considering what Drew had done for the Franchise.

Classless, no. Smart move for an organization? apparently. Dude that's the NFL. You're a fan of the wrong game if you don't like what you see.

Does it suck to see a player work his ass off and not get rewarded? Of course, I hate it too.... but again, that's not limited to the the Patriots.

You know what sucks? The NFL turning it's back on the veteran players that require financial aid for medical assistance. That's the real tragedy. Focus your hate on the shield.

#2206 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Classless, no. Smart move for an organization? apparently.

I don't know what you call it, but in this what have you done for me lately league, a starting QB wins the AFC title game to put his team in the Super Bowl, that should give someone the confidence that he might be up to the task.
Of course if the Pats had gone on to lose to the Rams, then everybody would have asked the same question.

#2207 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know what you call it, but in this what have you done for me lately league, a starting QB wins the AFC title game to put his team in the Super Bowl, that should give someone the confidence that he might be up to the task.
Of course if the Pats had gone on to lose to the Rams, then everybody would have asked the same question.

Fair point. Maybe, maybe not. The Patriots had high opinions of Brady that training camp and Bledsoe wasn't exactly lighting it up earlier that season, but we'll never know. Apparently they made the right call.

For the record I do agree that sucks how it ended for Bledsoe, he essentially help get the Patriots a new stadium.

#2208 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The NFL turning it's back on the veteran players that require financial aid for medical assistance.

?
Unless Roger Goodell pulled a fast one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000235501/printable/nfl-retired-players-agree-to-concussion-lawsuit-settlement

#2209 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

For the record I do agree that sucks how it ended for Bledsoe, he essentially help get the Patriots a new stadium.

Well he ended up with a ring anyway, and i was still rooting for the Pats that day, Even though Brady played well, I think it was their defensive approach to the Rams that really gave them the edge that day.
Brady reminds me of Marino in that when things go wrong, he tends to lose his cool. I never liked that about Marino either.

#2210 10 years ago

I'm aware of that.....it shouldn't have taken a lawsuit for this to happen and they probably need more than what they are going to get

#2211 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well he ended up with a ring anyway, and i was still rooting for the Pats that day, Even though Brady played well, I think it was their defensive approach to the Rams that really gave them the edge that day.
Brady reminds me of Marino in that when things go wrong, he tends to lose his cool. I never liked that about Marino either.

You're right, the defense was the reason they won that day. Also, I'm convinced if that superbowl went into OT, the Pats probably lose to the Rams

#2212 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Also, I'm convinced if that superbowl went into OT, the Pats probably lose to the Rams

I'm convinced if they didn't have Adam Vinatiery, they may never have gotten to the Super Bowl. That guy made some amazing kicks against the Raiders.

So why my disbelief for the Patriots now? They won three Super Bowls with balance. Since then they have turned into basically what the Dolphins were with Marino. A one dimensional passing team that throws a decent running game and defense out there every so often. And it hasn't paid off since it became that.

#2213 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm convinced if they didn't have Adam Vinatiery, they may never have gotten to the Super Bowl. That guy made some amazing kicks against the Raiders.
So why my disbelief for the Patriots now? They won three Super Bowls with balance. Since then they have turned into basically what the Dolphins were with Marino. A one dimensional passing team that throws a decent running game and defense out there every so often. And it hasn't paid off since it became that.

Don't forget they essentially flipped the team while being successful

#2214 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Don't forget they essentially flipped the team while being successful

So did the Dolphins. Several times. The Patriots always had their core defense during the championship years if I remember correctly. You know, guys like Bruski.

#2215 10 years ago

I am not a Dolphins fan but Marino was awesome considering he was surrounded by mediocre talent. They never had a running game and their center, Dwight Stephenson, was the only other Hall of Famer on the team. Horseface Elway didn't get his Super Bowl rings until Terrel Davis was there.

#2216 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Marino was awesome considering he was surrounded by mediocre talent.

There be the problem. It really didn't matter who they brought in. And they brought in some superstars. When you are counting on the pass to win you the game, balls will be intercepted even from a tip. And when you do score, it takes so little time that your defense has to go right back out. But Dwight Stephenson was the man. One of the best at his position ever.

#2217 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ummm, tuckin' Adam vinatiery isn't the tuckin' reason why the tuckin' Patriots beat the Raiders that day.

#2218 10 years ago

Are you ready for some football?

image-386.jpgimage-386.jpgimage-298.jpgimage-298.jpgimage-435.jpgimage-435.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2219 10 years ago

And one for the ladies....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2220 10 years ago

San Fran is the hottest team in the NFL right now

#2221 10 years ago

Breaking news this just came in .....

image-955.jpgimage-955.jpg
#2222 10 years ago

And in other new in Denver ......

image-669.jpgimage-669.jpg
#2223 10 years ago

^^^^^ How cute, Monarca had some glamor photos of himself done. Where's the rest of the pics from your photo session?

#2224 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

^^^^^ How cute, Monarca had some glamor photos of himself done. Where's the rest of the pics from your photo session?

AAAHHHHHH..........How adorable !!! , a colts fan want to be a bronco fan when he grows up !!!!!

#2225 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

AAAHHHHHH..........How cute!!! , a colts fan want to be a bronco fan when he grows up !!!!!

Here's BillySastard......

image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg
#2226 10 years ago

Didn't you buy the rest of the photo session because wanted to hang them all over your house and showing them off to your friends, saying that , thats how you want to look when you grow up ???

#2227 10 years ago

Hey Billy! How's Spidey?

#2228 10 years ago

Im enjoying the CBS coverage right now, awesome stuff!

My picks are in from a page back or so......but Id like to see a 49ers-Broncos Superbowl me thinks.

#2229 10 years ago

What's the O/U on the AFC game, like 90?...

Denver 41 - New England 34

Seattle 20 - San Francisco 16

#2230 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im enjoying the CBS coverage right now, awesome stuff!
My picks are in from a page back or so......but Id like to see a 49ers-Broncos Superbowl me thinks.

Yep, watching it too. Very cool stuff.

Good game everyone.

#2231 10 years ago

1 Hour away .....

image-695.jpgimage-695.jpg
#2232 10 years ago

Niners 20, Seattle 13. Book it.

#2233 10 years ago

Scary.....

image-16.jpgimage-16.jpg
#2234 10 years ago

Ahhh the memories.

#2235 10 years ago

I thought the Patriots would have had a more aggressive offense early in the game, but I expect them to be most formidable in the second half. Have to watch if Denver Is able to step up on defense for the pass and keep the run at the minimum. Happy with Broncos and Peyton so far.

#2236 10 years ago

How good would this guy look in a Pats uni right now?

W_Welker_080203_wideIA.jpgW_Welker_080203_wideIA.jpg

#2237 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Niners 20, Seattle 13. Book it.

Dreamer. The Niners have never put up that many points against the Seahawks .
But they have allowed that many.
GO HAWKS!

#2238 10 years ago

Peyton was a damn surgeon today, dont hang your heads Patriot fans, your D played well today stiffening in the red zone. Manning just has too many weapons around him and NE management letting W.W. go was a major error.

#2239 10 years ago

Patriots just aren't as good as the Broncos in any phase of the game. They got smoked.

#2240 10 years ago

Here comes the big game gents!

#2241 10 years ago

Brady was pretty classy in the after game interview.

Go Broncos.

#2242 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How good would this guy look in a Pats uni right now?

I think he would look better back in the Dolphins uniform. I still can't figure why they let him go.

#2243 10 years ago

Can someone please pick me up from the airport ???? PLEASE ......

image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg
#2244 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They got smoked.

Other stuff gets smoked in Colorado now too.

#2245 10 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Brady was pretty classy in the after game interview.

I'm watching the press conference. it looks like he is getting used to this.

#2246 10 years ago

Looking good Seahawks! LOL!

20131208__ssjm120949ers~4_300.JPG20131208__ssjm120949ers~4_300.JPG

Post edited by centerflank : spelling

#2247 10 years ago

Finally Monarca can stop posting his BS.Enjoy the offseason.

#2248 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Finally Monarca can stop posted his BS.Enjoy the offseason.

Congrats to denver broncos fans , wish you good luck on your Super Bowl game .....and yes I will enjoy my offseason like the most of the teams in the league ....

#2249 10 years ago

WTF was that penalty???? absolute garbage.

#2250 10 years ago

Where are the Seahawks fans? 9ers don't need to adjust much 2nd half.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 75,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.