spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 1,513.
#22301 3 years ago

Surprised the Bucs didn’t try to get Hernandez

#22302 3 years ago

One more day! We should do a zoom meeting for this thread tomorrow where a handful of cincy fans cheer at how great Burrow is and then proceed to explain how every pick after is inferior.

#22303 3 years ago

Looks like the Tampa Bay owners have went totally in on the reclamation business, can't wait to see how it turns out.

#22304 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

One more day! We should do a zoom meeting for this thread tomorrow where a handful of cincy fans cheer at how great Burrow is and then proceed to explain how every pick after is inferior.

Burrow had one great year at LSU, and seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. Will that translate to success in the NFL...who the heck knows...my guess is he has a good shot if they have anyone to pass block for him. I don't care how talented you are if u don't have the horses up front you'll never have success.

#22305 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like the Tampa Bay owners have went totally in on the reclamation business, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Should be entertaining to watch....Both those guys are old

#22306 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

horses up front you'll never have success

Cincy has brought in a few OL through FA signings so he should have a decent front line on paper anyway. Bengals will get another OL in the draft I'm sure but it's all a crap shoot in the draft.

#22307 3 years ago

Who plans to take Tua? Will Jordan Love fall to the Saints?

This year, more than ever, I want to get together with my friends and drink beer while watching the draft.

#22308 3 years ago

Too funny how Gronk said he was staying retired so he didn’t get traded to the Lions.

#22309 3 years ago

I'm predicting a Rodgers-esque fall for Tua. Injury concerns and a poor wunderlich might be enough to make teams reevaluate his selection.

#22310 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm predicting a Rodgers-esque fall for Tua. Injury concerns and a poor wunderlich might be enough to make teams reevaluate his selection.

Is it wrong if I ask he falls all the way to the Saints?

Not sure wonderlich scores give teams a true picture of the player. Didn't Ryan Fitzmagic have the highest score on the test?

#22311 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Not sure wonderlich scores give teams a true picture of the player. Didn't Ryan Fitzmagic have the highest score on the test?

I had heard it was Alex Smith (out of Utah), but not sure....

#22312 3 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised. The guy is a great talent, but couldn't stay healthy in college.

#22313 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cincy has brought in a few OL through FA signings so he should have a decent front line on paper anyway. Bengals will get another OL in the draft I'm sure but it's all a crap shoot in the draft.

Giving your QB another second to throw the ball is a big deal in the NFL + if u can run and pass its a game changer....they should draft Burrow and bunch of OL

#22314 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200422-142212~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200422-142212~2 (resized).png
#22315 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I think it's possible. I think NE might pick him if he falls that far, but they may already be in on someone else.

I don't think a high wonderlic guarantees your productivity. If your other attributes are in place, and your wunderlich is awful, it would definitely give me pause. You hear so much about guys that have a problem with "decision-making". I think a higher score would probably be associated with ability to quickly recognize coverage, check out of plays, recognize pattern, and ultimately mitigate risks.

Here are the averages by position. It's pretty interesting to me that the OL is the highest scored:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Here are some of the notably high players.

And here's another list of low scores. I started this from where we see some relavant players to shit on my own point. A few HOFers in here.

#22316 3 years ago

I'd like to have Luke Kechley take the test again now and see how well he does

#22318 3 years ago

I think it's possible. I think NE might pick him if he falls that far, but they may already be in on someone else.
I don't think a high wonderlic guarantees your productivity. If your other attributes are in place, and your wunderlich is awful, it would definitely give me pause. You hear so much about guys that have a problem with "decision-making". I think a higher score would probably be associated with ability to quickly recognize coverage, check out of plays, recognize pattern, and ultimately mitigate risks.
Here are the averages by position. It's pretty interesting to me that the OL is the highest scored:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And here's another list of low scores. I started this from where we see some relavant players to shit on my own point. A few HOFers in here.
[quoted image]

All those low scoring guys are out of the league though, other than Jackson. Every prospect knows what to expect now. At best it's a lack of dedication to the interview process.

For the record, Vince Young scored a 6. They let him retest after word got out. Then after spending all night at strip clubs and the Cheesecake Factory he rocked a 15 like a boss.

#22319 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Interesting data. I never knew they published this list....not sure theres a big correlation on a high score with NFL success. Theres some pretty low scores on guys who were pretty successful in the league (Marino, Bradshaw, Jackson, McNabb, etc...).

#22320 3 years ago

It's a dumb measuring crutch these people use...no more important/worthless than vertical leap, height, standing broad jump etc etc

#22321 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a dumb measuring crutch these people use...no more important/worthless than vertical leap, height, standing broad jump etc etc

I can see why vertical leap, and height would matter....the others not so much....

#22322 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can see why vertical leap, and height would matter....the others not so much....

Do you? What does it matter how high Dan Marino can jump? Or an offensive lineman?
We all know Brees dropped becasue he was "short" & Brady's laughable 40 time is another classic.
Too many stats is why you have people like Matt Jones drafted in the 1st round becasue "he's just a football player." No position...utility NFL slot.

#22324 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you? What does it matter how high Dan Marino can jump? Or an offensive lineman?
We all know Brees dropped becasue he was "short" & Brady's laughable 40 time is another classic.
Too many stats is why you have people like Matt Jones drafted in the 1st round becasue "he's just a football player." No position...utility NFL slot.

No but it matters a lot how high a wide receiver, TE, or DB can jump. Doesn't mean they can football for shit, but if they can it matters, and its a way people evaluating can differentiate players to see if they fit into the schemes. Theres always gonna be an outliers like Brees or Brady (I'm sure theres many more).

#22325 3 years ago

From yesterday, Chargers new uniforms. They seem to be a hit.

90 (resized).jpg90 (resized).jpg
#22326 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No but it matters a lot how high a wide receiver, TE, or DB can jump. Doesn't mean they can football for shit...

That's my point. I always love it when they'll have a high WR and one of his 'cons' is 'sometimes has trouble catching the ball.'
Like fuck, if he hasn't learned by now it may never come. Oh but wait, "you can teach that, you can't teach size."

This is the first draft I'm going to watch in years, but the over abundance of "football speak" may be too much to handle.

#22327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always love it when they'll have a high WR and one of his 'cons' is 'sometimes has trouble catching the ball

Perfect example is John Ross, got to be one of the worst 1st rd. picks the Bengals ever made and that includes Cunt jana Carter. All that speed and agility and he can't catch a f#&*ng pass.

#22328 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's my point. I always love it when they'll have a high WR and one of his 'cons' is 'sometimes has trouble catching the ball.'
Like fuck, if he hasn't learned by now it may never come. Oh but wait, "you can teach that, you can't teach size."
This is the first draft I'm going to watch in years, but the over abundance of "football speak" may be too much to handle.

If a guy can't catch by the age of 22 he's probably never gonna catch Theres really only a few things u can't really evaluate and thats heart, grit, and durability....the NFL is an entirely different animal. That was the one rub against Bosa coming out of the draft, but he made it through his first season somewhat healthy....we'll see what the future holds.

#22329 3 years ago

Welcome Joe!

14191969_10209001124602970_3719358956761661603_n (resized).jpg14191969_10209001124602970_3719358956761661603_n (resized).jpg
#22330 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Welcome Joe![quoted image]

Hey are we going to name a street after Joe like we did Pete Rose? I declare today as Joe Burrow day in Cincinnati!

#22331 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From yesterday, Chargers new uniforms. They seem to be a hit.[quoted image]

They look awesome....

#22332 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey are we going to name a street after Joe like we did Pete Rose? I declare today as Joe Burrow day in Cincinnati!

I love your enthusiasm I'd love see another Niner / Bengals Super Bowl some day

#22333 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I declare today as Joe Burrow day in Cincinnati!

King Burrow (resized).jpgKing Burrow (resized).jpg
#22334 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would like to see a Bengals vs anybody SB some day lol.

#22335 3 years ago

I just read that Jerry Jones is going to be drafting at home, by himself, with no one there to help him, or stop him. Good luck Cowboys fans.

#22336 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look awesome....

Yes, the first step in a team winning their first Super Bowl after years of futility seems to be new, sharper uniforms. See teams like The Broncos, Buccaneers, Patriots, and perhaps a few others.

#22337 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would like to see a Bengals vs anybody SB some day lol.

Damn it's been a long time......

#22338 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look awesome....

Yeah they sure do, actually 200% better than any of the rest of the leagues new uni's.

#22339 3 years ago

Well, they look close enough and show respect to all the old ones. The dark navy is getting a lot of love too.

#22340 3 years ago

2005 NFL draft on ESPN2 right now. I've actually had on the draft replays all week. My family thinks I've lost it.

#22341 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just read that Jerry Jones is going to be drafting at home, by himself, with no one there to help him, or stop him. Good luck Cowboys fans.

I don't ask for much, please let this be true.

#22342 3 years ago

2005 NFL draft on ESPN2 right now. I've actually had on the draft replays all week. My family thinks I've lost it.

This is really going to be a weird draft not knowing if the pics made will even play a season and if not what will next years draft look like.

#22343 3 years ago

I hope that the chiefs pick a LB..the offensive side is legit..shit, probably 1 of the best in the league. Man, I miss talking football...

#22344 3 years ago

Buckle up!

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

#22345 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

hopefully 3rd time would be a charm, haha.

#22346 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

hopefully 3rd time would be a charm, haha.

for both teams

#22347 3 years ago

I heard the Niners are trading Dee Ford and their 2 number one picks to the Redskins so they can pick Chase Young.....

#22348 3 years ago

Buckle up!
Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

No chance (although I would love it).
I heard they are trying to move up to get an OT & Tua with 3 & 5. Somehow using there other 2 late ass draft picks to do it.

Everyone on radio seems to think Detroit is stupid enough to allow this somehow.

#22349 3 years ago

Bengals are in a good spot, 1st pick in rds #1 and #2. The FA signings have opened the door after Joe, they can go best player available in stead of need. Been waiting for this for years and damn if I'm not going to run with it!

#22350 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I heard the Niners are trading Dee Ford and their 2 number one picks to the Redskins so they can pick Chase Young..

C'mon you kid...…..not gonna happen, there are no teams capable of acquiring the 1st or 2nd rd picks in 2020

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/447 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.