pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 446 of 1,515.
#22251 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Football question... will the red rifle win a superbowl as a Patriot if there is football this year?!

I wouldn't mind it should it happen, Andy is a great guy and a good QB and deserves it, but hell he may not even be picked up.

#22252 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I wouldn't mind it should it happen, Andy is a great guy and a good QB and deserves it, but hell he may not even be picked up.

Huh? Did Dalton get traded to the Patriots?

#22253 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Huh? Did Dalton get traded to the Patriots?

No or at least if he did it's not been reported here in Cincy. I think Dalton will start the Season on the bench if he's not let go and be released outright before mid-season if not traded by then.

#22254 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No or at least if he did it's not been reported here in Cincy. I think Dalton will start the Season on the bench if he's not let go and be released outright before mid-season if no t traded by then.

whose the red rifle ?

#22255 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

whose the red rifle ?

Dalton. I think thev correct nickname is "red rocket?"

#22256 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"The Ginger Joe Namath"

#22257 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotcha....The guy referenced the red rifle with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl....so it was theoretical. Be interesting to see what they do with him this year. Throwing a rookie QB into the mix early on comes with some risks

#22258 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Gotcha....The guy referenced the red rifle with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl....so it was theoretical. Be interesting to see what they do with him this year. Throwing a rookie QB into the mix early on comes with some risks

Dalton came in as a rookie and he did just fine. The NFL has been starting rookies pretty regularly for the past 4-5 seasons so it's pretty standard practice now days.

#22259 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dalton came in as a rookie and he did just fine. The NFL has been starting rookies pretty regularly for the past 4-5 seasons so it's pretty standard practice now days.

I get it...I think teams are forced to do so with the salary cap issues. Its gonna be hard for a team to justify a $16M (thats what I heard on ESPN) salary for a back up QB....if they don't see value in sitting their rookie for a year they'll have no choice, but to trade him or let him loose. The QB market is pretty interesting this year with Winston, and Cam Newton still available. If Newton is healthy he'll be a steal for some team

#22260 4 years ago

18 million isn't a ton (22nd?), but ad in Burrows 37 million and it gets a bit tougher!

#22261 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

18 million isn't a ton (22nd?), but ad in Burrows 37 million and it gets a bit tougher!

For a backup ? Whats the avg salary of a backup QB in the NFL?

#22262 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just looked it up and back up QB's are paid between $2-$3M

#22263 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You should be looking at qb payments on teams, not how much a backup makes. Its borrows big contract that will be the issue.
How much did Foles make on the bench last year...same amount?

#22264 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No I don't think the Bengals will keep him as a backup. I do think though that they will keep him for say the first 3 games and if they get no trade bites they'll out right release him. He will count no more against the cap if they release/trade him now or later so I think they will do their best to get something for him as opposed to someone getting him for peanuts when they release him.

#22265 4 years ago

YeH there's no benefit to releasing him now other than a roster spot

#22266 4 years ago

Steelers signed 4 players today and 3 were from the XFL which gives them a total of nine from the XFL. I'm sure there are a few other teams that have signed players as well it's just under reported.

Quoted from TheLaw:

That spot will be filled with another QB if Cincy does what they did in the past and carry 3. I think it would be better served to fill it with a LB but that's why I don't work for Mike Brown.

#22267 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You'd get all that cap money back though. He's ridiculously expensive for a backup, and has no guaranteed money coming his way. Makes a lot more sense for Cincy to cut him than it does to keep him, unless he'd renegotiate his pay. And at that point he'd probably rather be cut and test the FA market anyway.

#22268 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd get all that cap money back though.

True...but they could also work out whatever deal they want with someone, then call Andy and shitcan him, and then sign the player?
Do they really want to leave the entire QB job in Joe's *snicker* hands?

#22269 4 years ago

If they cancel the season outright, would they give the Lambardi to Cleveland or Cincinatti?

#22270 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they cancel the season outright, would they give the Lambardi to Cleveland or Cincinatti?

If the season’s canceled it’s spelled “Lamebardi”

#22271 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Football question... will the red rifle win a superbowl as a Patriot if there is football this year?! Damm, i hope not.. but also kinda hope so!

Dalton will never win a SB anywhere because he makes too many mistakes. Hes a nice guy but he's not a great QB. Hes average at best.

#22272 4 years ago

Well looks like the Bengals will receive 17.7 mil for trade and or release of Dalton so long as it is done by "June 1st". Considering that they will have saved $25 mil in cap between Dalton and Kirkpatrick alone they won't miss that deadline.

#22273 4 years ago

I'd really love for sports to get going and stop all this speculation in the NFL, the rehashing of the MLB Astro fiasco, NBA drama and last but not least, soccer. Hell even the UFC has resorted to over-reacting to Jon Jones getting a DWI. I'll be happy when it's just time "to get it on" and "let's get ready to rumble" instead of "Tiger Woods pulls out of The Masters".

#22274 4 years ago

The funniest thing to me about the sports coverage is when they air some nascar video game.

#22275 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hell even the UFC has resorted to over-reacting to Jon Jones getting a DWI.

What was the over-reaction, I didn't see it?
The guy has some serious issues for real, especially with driving, and guns, and battery, and DWIs

#22276 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What was the over-reaction, I didn't see it?
The guy has some serious issues for real, especially with driving, and guns, and battery, and DWIs

All true, all true but really is there anyone in the UFC that doesn't have issues? At risk of causing a shitfest, I'll just say his actions could be construed as .....thuggish.

#22277 4 years ago

Tua must have been getting Wonderlic exam prep from Vince Young

#22278 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The funniest thing to me about the sports coverage is when they air some nascar video game.

Oh man, that's been great. I've actually been a member of that platform (iracing) for almost its entire existence. I only rarely do circle track stuff, the road courses are my preference. The other series have also taken to iracing to hold their schedules (indy, etc), but nascar has gotten the most press by far. Once you play on iracing, any of the other simulators feel like an arcade game - they've done a great job with the physics.

I ditched my triple monitors for an oculus. It's way more immersive, but also fatiguing. I'm currently trying to find a way to utilize monitors and the rift to get the best of both worlds.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22279 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Oh man, that's been great. I've actually been a member of that platform (iracing) for almost its entire existence. I only rarely do circle track stuff, the road courses are my preference. The other series have also taken to iracing to hold their schedules (indy, etc), but nascar has gotten the most press by far. Once you play on iracing, any of the other simulators feel like an arcade game - they've done a great job with the physics.
I ditched my triple monitors for an oculus. It's way more immersive, but also fatiguing. I'm currently trying to find a way to utilize monitors and the rift to get the best of both worlds.[quoted image]

Wow that's pretty slick. I really didn't think there would be a following. Is the oculus too heavy?

#22280 4 years ago

No, I think it's actually relatively light. I've never felt it to be too wobbly or bulky either. It can get a little hot after a while (especially if it's an active game), but the biggest problem for me is eye fatigue. I'd say I'm comfortable up to an hour, and then it starts to get to me. Text heavy games (like Elite:Dangerous, a space sim) really mess with me as the resolution just isn't high enough and really causes you to strain to read slightly blurry text.

#22281 4 years ago

Just a few days to the draft! The only 'real sports' we have for the foreseeable future. I plan to do it pretty big. I'm making some jerky this week for the first time, and plan to get some smoked wings ready for the start. I'm burning a vacation day on Friday to allow myself to recovery before round2. I told my wife that during the draft hours I will be unavoidably detained.

I've been watching (at least the first round of the) draft live with my buddy from college since 2004. This year we're hopping on XBL to have a watch party of sorts and jam on some games during the lulls. I'm bummed we can't physically clang a few beers, but I'm still really looking forward to it.

Unexpected bonus... I'm a huge stats nerd, and I built a dashboard to track my favorite prospects for this year. Since I'll be locked down in front of my desk instead of on a couch next to friends, I'll have full access to that stuff. Big TV gets the coverage, center monitor for games, left and right monitors for my dash and highlight reels.

#22283 4 years ago

Im ready for the draft and long on names. Gimme Yetur Gross Matos and Clyde Edwards Helaire.

#22284 4 years ago

Just a few days to the draft! The only 'real sports' we have for the foreseeable future. I plan to do it pretty big. I'm making some jerky this week for the first time, and plan to get some smoked wings ready for the start. I'm burning a vacation day on Friday to allow myself to recovery before round2. I told my wife that during the draft hours I will be unavoidably detained.
I've been watching (at least the first round of the) draft live with my buddy from college since 2004. This year we're hopping on XBL to have a watch party of sorts and jam on some games during the lulls. I'm bummed we can't physically clang a few beers, but I'm still really looking forward to it.
Unexpected bonus... I'm a huge stats nerd, and I built a dashboard to track my favorite prospects for this year. Since I'll be locked down in front of my desk instead of on a couch next to friends, I'll have full access to that stuff. Big TV gets the coverage, center monitor for games, left and right monitors for my dash and highlight reels.[quoted image]

Love the setup, and more so, your explanation of what all you plan to do.

#22285 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Love the setup, and more so, your explanation of what all you plan to do.

Joe Burrow will look good on that setup he has when the Bengals pick him #1 and hes holding that Bengals Jersey up and wearing a Bengals hat wont he? Yeah baby!!!

#22287 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Joe Burrow will look good on that setup he has when the Bengals pick him #1 and hes holding that Bengals Jersey up and wearing a Bengals hat wont he? Yeah baby!!!

I hope Burrow works out for the Bengals....be nice to see them competitive again. I'm looking forward to the draft....Its getting so bad we actually watched the ESPN HORSE tournament .... we were rooting for the girl to win it all !

#22288 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty pumped about it. I actually modified a player on Madden to look as much like Burrow as possible, haha.

#22289 4 years ago

Another NFL player died. Not a super star but this guy had a interesting life and its a good story.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/pellom-mcdaniels-iii-chiefs-defensive-lineman-college-professor-dies

#22290 4 years ago

I'm hoping for one of the upper tier WRs or MLBs with our first pick.

-------
WR

Adams is our only receiving threat at the moment. He's one of the best route runners, but doesn't have the type of speed that will get him separation often downfield. I think he's best in the middle tier of the field, and would really benefit from someone that can take the top off of the defense (think djax, tyreek). We made efforts in the draft 2 years ago by drafting 3 consecutive WRs, none of whom have panned out. Personally, I'd like to see us just let our previous GM (still a consultant?) just handle our pick for WR.

If he's within reach, I really want Ruggs, and I hope we're aggressive enough to go up and get him (probably need to move ahead of at least MN). If he's not available, Mims is my next pick. If we have to go to day 2+, or we can afford another pick at WR, I like Peoples-Jones or Tyler Johnson. Late in day 3 I'd be happy with Gandy-Golden or Joe Reed.

-------
ILB

We let Martinez, our old school ILB, go in the offseason. He was a tackling machine, but a liability in coverage and against fast RBs. I think it highlighted why we need to move to the new hybrid style ILB that can cover more ground.

I like Queen (LSU) and Murray (OU), only.

------
QBs

We've said we'll consider taking one if the guy we like is available. I want to put pieces in place for a SB run, so I'll be pretty pissed if we grab someone before day 3. There I like Eason or Morgan. Fun fact - Morgan is from Ashwaubenon, my hometown, and the location of Lambeau (they cut the border around the stadium, technically).

A pissed of Rodgers is my favorite Rodgers, so maybe some competition would light a fire. I just don't want to see us burn capital on players that won't contribute immediately.

#22291 4 years ago

I ditched my triple monitors for an oculus. It's way more immersive, but also fatiguing. I'm currently trying to find a way to utilize monitors and the rift to get the best of both worlds.[quoted image]

Nice setup. I only have a modified wheel stand with an Accuforce V2. Rest is thrustmaster gear but I have a load cell for my brake pedal. Don’t play it much at all since I don’t have a dedicated rig, but it’s a damn fun time.

#22292 4 years ago

I'm psyched for some chase Young.

THank God the Redskins lost those 3 meaningless games at the end of the season. And the other 10 they lost lol.

#22293 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm psyched for some chase Young.

God I need something to happen before the Lions blow their pick on this Okuda guy. Pointless pick, so pretty much a done deal.

#22294 4 years ago

I'd like to see my Niners grab another D lineman, WR, and offensive lineman....Its not sexy, but drafting lineman proves to be a winning formula

#22295 4 years ago
#22296 4 years ago

Gronk to the Bucs would be interesting. If they're able to get him for a 4th Rounder that seems like an acceptable risk to see if he's still got anything in the tank after marinating in CBD oil for the past 13 months.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Broncos gave up a 4th Round pick to get Flacco last year. 2020 Gronk is definitely a better bet thank 2019 Flacco in that price tier.

#22297 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Gronk to the Bucs would be interesting. If they're able to get him for a 4th Rounder that seems like an acceptable risk to see if he's still got anything in the tank after marinating in CBD oil for the past 13 months.

Idk man this one is so weird to me. He was in severe decline his last 2 seasons, and now add a year ? Love Gronk and Brady, but I don’t see this going well.

Hope I’m wrong.

#22298 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Idk man this one is so weird to me. He was in severe decline his last 2 seasons, and now add a year ? Love Gronk and Brady, but I don’t see this going well. Hope I’m wrong.

I don't love Brady at all, and will carry on just fine if he flames out this year. But it's pretty much impossible not to like Gronk, so I hope for his sake that it goes well, or at least that he doesn't pick up more concussions or other lasting injuries this time around.

#22299 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't love Brady at all, and will carry on just fine if he flames out this year. But it's pretty much impossible not to like Gronk, so I hope for his sake that it goes well, or at least that he doesn't pick up more concussions or other lasting injuries this time around.

Agreed, I hope he tears it up also. The offense does look good. If Winston can throw 5k yards Brady will be fine , and infinitely less interceptions.

#22300 4 years ago

I don't think there's any doubt he's a downgrade from OJ Howard, but they'll also be netting a higher pick on the draft board (assuming they can get something done in the next 2 days).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 446 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/446 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.