pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 1,514.
#22001 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

well done...

#22002 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

well done...

I have a lot more time for memes now, unfortunately.

#22003 4 years ago

How many of you guys are ticket holders?! I'm an 11yr ticket holder for our cfl team the roughriders..community owned just like the packers.. closest NFL stadium is Minnesota (13+hour drive) but I'm waiting on the cowboys to play a road game there before making the trip to a game.. we'll see how long that takes! They weren't going to get there this year anyways dammit.. maybe next year!

#22004 4 years ago

I'm around 55,000 on the Packers waitlist. I'll probably never get tickets as they just don't turnover that often (you can will them down, but not sell them).

I'm fine with it, though. I'm from Green Bay, and know enough people that do have season tickets that I can get access to any game I would want to go to. Even if I can't get them from friends, the official ticket site is fine, especially when you aren't burning hundreds on the preseason games you're never going to attend every year.

The other thing people fail to consider is that ticket owners (at least for GB) have to pay a seat licensing fee when getting their tickets, and taxes on them every year. It's not cheap. The face value price doesn't consider that, and there are plenty of people that don't seem to consider that. Friends and family often expect to pay face value for tickets. You can try and get them to pay their portion of tax, etc, but that can be uncomfortable depending on who you're dealing with. I've seen tickets cause a lot of problems in families. It's sad.

You're also in those seats for years and years. You build relationships with the people around you. Now your dumbfuck cousin and his idiot friend have your tickets for the weekend, and make asses of themselves. It doesn't reflect well on you, and they can actually put your seats in danger.

So, when I want tickets I reach out to people I know and tell them I'll pay $30 over face, or whatever, depending on the game.

#22005 4 years ago

I was a season ticket holder throughout Esiason's career but when he left I let them go. I went more when Dalton first came to Cincy but over the last 3 seasons I've only been down to the stadium twice.

#22006 4 years ago

My family has had Niner season tickets for almost 50 years.....we've seen a lot of ups and downs during that time frame.

#22007 4 years ago

Now that I'm getting older my idea of fun isnt sitting in Paul Brown Stadium on the river in December and January. I'd rather be at home sitting in my recliner with a cold beer and a hot pizza.

#22008 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now that I'm getting older my idea of fun isnt sitting in Paul Brown Stadium on the river in December and January. I'd rather be at home sitting in my recliner with a cold beer and a hot pizza.

I get that, it's just the atmosphere at the stadium turns the game up a notch. You can see the game better in some respects from home but you know the one thing they got right at PB stadium is there are no bad seats so far as the view.

#22009 4 years ago

I'd like if possible be there for Joe's debut but not if this virus thing is not significantly over, nothing worth that risk!

#22010 4 years ago

I’m with Who Dey on that, I used to go to 2-3 games a year, freeze your ass off, Soldier Field is a pain in the ass to get in and out of, we have a buddy that has 13 pins, and about 8-10 of us get together at every Sunday, much more enjoyable experience.

#22011 4 years ago

Yeah, I have a party every gameday whether we host friends or it's just my family. Atmosphere at the stadium is tough to beat for big games... but we do our best to come close.

#22012 4 years ago

I agree! Atmosphere is so good live at the stadium.. but line ups for bathrooms and beers..cold weather.. no pins! All good reasons to watch at home! Also, I frikkin hate paying the same price for preseason game tix! Our stadium is brand new and holds just over 30000 peeps.. couldn't imagine some of them NFL crowds! & cant wait! Haha been to MLB & NHL..but they were smaller crowds than football

#22013 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah I almost forgot hot wings too.

#22014 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

NO doubt....I've always been impressed with all those fans sitting in that cold ass weather.....when it hits 50 its really cold here....

#22015 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

NO doubt....I've always been impressed with all those fans sitting in that cold ass weather.....when it hits 50 its really cold here....

The stadium also sits beside the Ohio River also, so that makes it much much colder once the temperatures drop.

#22016 4 years ago

The Cowboys got Aldon Smith. This should be interesting.....

#22017 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He’ll get arrested before the season starts, guys insane.

#22018 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’ll get arrested before the season starts, guys insane.

He hasn't played in years. I guess it is worth a flyer if they get hm extremely cheaply. I'm assuming they gave him a physical and had him do a work out for them, but...wow! I didn't see that coming.

Hopefully it works out.

#22019 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He hasn't played in years. I guess it is worth a flyer if they get hm extremely cheaply. I'm assuming they gave him a physical and had him do a work out for them, but...wow! I didn't see that coming.
Hopefully it works out.

I would highly doubt teams are "working players out" this offseason or conducting any physicals. A lot of guess work this offseason.

#22020 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would highly doubt teams are "working players out" this offseason.

I can't imagine they would sign him without it. It could be done remotely, but just because we are social distancing, it doesn't mean they couldn't have 1 or 2 coaches put him through a work out.

#22021 4 years ago

The details of the contract are pretty interesting, no money guaranteed, basically bonuses for every week he remains with the team.

#22022 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I can't imagine they would sign him without it. It could be done remotely, but just because we are social distancing, it doesn't mean they couldn't have 1 or 2 coaches put him through a work out.

It's virtually no money guaranteed. He doesn't even see a dime until he's reinstated by the NFL.

I can't imagine they'd have been able to do any kind of workout or physical, and since it's almost zero risk, why would you send your staff on out during an unprecedented health crisis to do this? Haven't heard of a single team doing physicals or workouts in the past few weeks.

New D Line coach Tomasula has a previous relationship with this guy so maybe it was his idea.

Guy seems like a total creep, and makes Ruben Foster look like a boy scout. Good luck is all I can say on this one.

#22023 4 years ago

I'll never be able to look at Rodgers again and not think of this.
cf4ea60 (resized).jpgcf4ea60 (resized).jpg

#22024 4 years ago

If you had to sacrifice one NFL team to end the coronavirus pandemic, who would it be...and why the Bengals?

#22025 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If you had to sacrifice one NFL team to end the coronavirus pandemic, who would it be...and why the Bengals?

Definitely a team from Ohio.

#22026 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'll never be able to look at Rodgers again and not think of this.
[quoted image]

Thats funny shit!

#22027 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Definitely a team from Ohio.

Play us next year and see what happens!

#22028 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It would be the Browns because they are a total embarrassment to Ohio and the NFL both.

#22029 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Probably a team no one would know was gone, like the Chargers.

#22030 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Play us next year and see what happens!

3A30C6BA-8746-43D4-8187-2BC92A168229 (resized).jpeg3A30C6BA-8746-43D4-8187-2BC92A168229 (resized).jpeg
#22031 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

[quoted image]

Lol

#22032 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

early on the guy was a stud....he just couldn't stay out of trouble...hopefully he got his act together

#22033 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably a team no one would know was gone, like the Chargers.

There would be several others before I picked the Chargers

#22034 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

early on the guy was a stud....he just couldn't stay out of trouble...hopefully he got his act together

Maybe. I'm hoping. The Cowboys definitely like to give second chances. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I don't see any harm as long as they don't pay him much and he doesn't have a negative impact on the locker room.

#22035 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe. I'm hoping. The Cowboys definitely like to give second chances. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I don't see any harm as long as they don't pay him much and he doesn't have a negative impact on the locker room.

Just like the Raiders I think his 2nd year in the league he was unstoppable playing along side Justin Smith....after that it as all down hill for the guy....if he has his act together it could be a nice pick up

#22036 4 years ago

NFL isn’t bringing back reviews for pass interference calls, it looks like.

#22037 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

NFL isn’t bringing back reviews for pass interference calls, it looks like.

It was a joke anyways

#22038 4 years ago

Do they have the final stats on PI reversals? Under 5 for the year maybe? I only remember 2.

#22039 4 years ago

Well now there's a 0% chance any calls will be overturned. That's not better.

#22040 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well now there's a 0% chance any calls will be overturned. That's not better.

Yes it is because when you put every single play under a microscope and analyze it that sucks. Part of the fun of sports is the refs and human error.

#22041 4 years ago

Everyone says that until their WR gets blown up on a game winning drive in the title game.

And it's not every single play. You have challenge flags. It was always on the coaches, most of whom are AWFUL at knowing what and when to challenge. You only throw the flag on PI if it's critical, and may be overturned. Now you don't have that chance. It's not better.

#22042 4 years ago

The Saints game was the reason for that rule change in the first place. The officiating crew for that game should have been investigated and suspended from the NFL. I understand human error, but anyone with eyes saw blatant interference on that call.

I agree, humans are humans, but refs need to start being investigated for stuff like this.

#22043 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Everyone says that until their WR gets blown up on a game winning drive in the title game.
And it's not every single play. You have challenge flags. It was always on the coaches, most of whom are AWFUL at knowing what and when to challenge. You only throw the flag on PI if it's critical, and may be overturned. Now you don't have that chance. It's not better.

They need to come up with a better system, it just pointlessly made these games longer, it was brutal last year.

#22044 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They need to come up with a better system, it just pointlessly made these games longer, it was brutal last year.

They don't really need a new system, they need a new goal. As we talked about many times, the standard was laid out that the PI had to be as "as bad or worse" than the N.O. play above. This is a recockulusly high bar to top, which made almost all reviews pointless, which made the whole thing s waste if time. If they had to flip like even 25-30% of the reviews it wouldn't seem so bad.

#22045 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They don't really need a new system, they need a new goal. As we talked about many times, the standard was laid out that the PI had to be as "as bad or worse" than the N.O. play above. This is a recockulusly high bar to top, which made almost all reviews pointless, which made the whole thing s waste if time. If they had to flip like even 25-30% of the reviews it wouldn't seem so bad.

The only way it works if they call PI the way it was intended to be called. If they did that there would be PI on almost every play therefore their better off getting rid of it all together....last year was a complete joke

#22046 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they did that there would be PI on almost every play ....

I have no problem with then calling a penalty everytime there's a penalty.
I don't think PI is equal with offensive holding.

#22047 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have no problem with then calling a penalty everytime there's a penalty.
I don't think PI is equal with offensive holding.

maybe not, but its pretty darn close...

#22048 4 years ago

What about the NFL just keeping the PI review for playoff games? Why wouldn't that work?

#22049 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

What about the NFL just keeping the PI review for playoff games? Why wouldn't that work?

Seems like it would be a bad idea....it was such a shitshow last season.

So now you are gonna implement it in January despite not doing it at all the entire season? Will be even worse.

If you are gonna do this stuff you have to do it all season. You don't want just send the officials in on this cold when the games are more important than ever.

#22050 4 years ago

Jodester,
That is too sensible and effective of a solution.

The NFL likes their strategy better:
React to a bad blown no-call that kept Saints from advancing during play-offs, do a trial run of p-i reviews, purposely screw that up during the trial period, then get rid of it and hope it dies out quietly and goes away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
There are 75,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/441 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.