Topic Stats

• 28,927 posts - Hot topic!
  • 409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,232 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210117-164724_Firefox.jpg
640A8DA1-D44F-443C-BE0F-D3816F6696A9.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200 (6).gif
4C58228E-FE43-4218-A13B-1846AA481394 (resized).jpeg
20210116_182158 (resized).jpg
20210116_191858.jpg
20210116_190844.jpg
645fbab26b0d8722fc6b72c9de9cf472.gif
Screenshot_20210114-192118_Chrome (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210110-234440~2 (resized).png
2C01A9ED-E53D-41E2-B2C4-89F7DBBEAD53 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

There are 28927 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 579.
#21651 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I heard their just cancelling the big Vegas event, and the draft will move forward as usual....

The Vegas shit was just for show value (TV revenues) anyways so I hope you're right.

#21652 10 months ago

Titans resigned Tannehill, new CBA, and the FA period will go forward as scheduled next up the draft in Vegas.

Bringing Joe home to Southern Ohio here in the Jungle Baby
bengals2 (resized).jpg

#21653 10 months ago

Just waiting for the draft don’t mind me.

E5624550-68B3-4719-B60A-6D59B27428D3 (resized).jpeg
#21654 10 months ago

If I read the Tannehill deal correctly, it breaks down to 3 years $90 mil. I'm ok with that.

The Prescott, Brady and Mahomes deals will dwarf this and put him out of the top 10, but he's probably not a top 10 qb.

#21655 10 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

If I read the Tannehill deal correctly, it breaks down to 3 years $90 mil. I'm ok with that.
The Prescott, Brady and Mahomes deals will dwarf this and put him out of the top 10, but he's probably not a top 10 qb.

Neither is prescott

#21656 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Neither is prescott

100% agree. I have always said that.

#21657 10 months ago

Man, that seems like a lot to me. All for one good year? I'm pretty surprised that he got re-signed before Henry (who is probably a pretty big reason Tannehill was so successful).

Just a passive observer though, I didn't see many Titans games before January.

#21658 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

100% agree. I have always said that.

He plays for my team, and I respect him...but I can admit the truth.

#21659 10 months ago

So as a Cowboys fan, who would you rather see among reasonable options (sincerely curious)?

I think McCarthy would get the best out of Dak, for what that's worth.

#21660 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He plays for my team, and I respect him...but I can admit the truth.

That's the same way that I am. You gotta keep it real. Hes not terrible by any means but I just dont think that he is anything special.

#21661 10 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So as a Cowboys fan, who would you rather see among reasonable options (sincerely curious)?
I think McCarthy would get the best out of Dak, for what that's worth.

I'm not saying Dak is bad...i just don't think he is really a top 10 qb. Of course, if they designed more scrambles, RPOs, and option plays for him...i believe he could be.

His problem is accuracy.

He is smart, tough, and a natural leader. He has tons of great things about him...but he just isn't that accurate of a passer, and that a major problem for a QB.

#21662 10 months ago

I don't really think there are any better reasonable options, to be honest. NFL teams don't get rid of mediocre QB talent...much less good or great.
Anyone available is either too old, past their prime, or just worthless (ir some combo of those).
The draft would be the most reasonable...but that would demand a lot of risk, hope, and rebuilding...which they won't do.

So...to answer your question...i don't really think there is a better "reasonable" option out there, but I also don't think dak is a top 10 QB and/or worth 33 million plus a year.
I'm sure, in the current NFL market, he will get it anyway, however.

He will be franchised initially, and they will eventually work out something in the 35 mil/year range.

#21663 10 months ago

Good stuff.

If he really did turn down the offers made to him, I'm a little baffled. I'm a little bit higher than him than you seem to be, as I think I'd be hard pressed to name 9 QBs that are better. He's around that mark though, so paying him top dollar seems a little absurd to me.

I'd love to see Cobb back on the Packers. He's still pretty young, and he was really good at comeback routes should a play not go as planned. He had some good stats with Dallas, so I'm pretty surprised they aren't looking too hard at locking him up. I like him as a savvy slot guy, and maybe even a PR in a pinch (we always have that need).

#21664 10 months ago

Good stuff.
If he really did turn down the offers made to him, I'm a little baffled. I'm a little bit higher than him than you seem to be, as I think I'd be hard pressed to name 9 QBs that are better. He's around that mark though, so paying him top dollar seems a little absurd to me.
I'd love to see Cobb back on the Packers. He's still pretty young, and he was really good at comeback routes should a play not go as planned. He had some good stats with Dallas, so I'm pretty surprised they aren't looking too hard at locking him up. I like him as a savvy slot guy, and maybe even a PR in a pinch (we always have that need).

I would really like him back n the Cowboys too, but I just haven't heard anything about it yet. I know their main goals are dak, amari, and Jones, however...so cobb may get lost in the shuffle

#21665 10 months ago

Yeah, and I don't really get it. Woudn't it be better to sign someone that quietly contributed for a reasonable amount of money, first? I think that may help send a message to the rest of the team - "if you do your job and put the team first, you get rewarded". I think it's tough to find that breed of player (and I think Cobb is that kind of guy) , and it could really be leveraged if teams did it just right.

#21666 10 months ago

Hey Daditude you can have Andy Dalton. We don't need him anymore.

#21667 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Daditude you can have Andy Dalton. We don't need him anymore.

Thanks! We'll take him. We need a 3rd string QB.

#21668 10 months ago

Man, that seems like a lot to me. All for one good year? I'm pretty surprised that he got re-signed before Henry (who is probably a pretty big reason Tannehill was so successful).
Just a passive observer though, I didn't see many Titans games before January.

He had a pretty good run in Miami until he blew his knee out and spent the next two years with bad rosters. $30+ is just the reality of the position and Tennessee had no better option.

The Henry deal has the potential to be a standoff. I start to question the logic behind drafting RBs early if you're unwilling to extend them after being productive.

#21669 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Thanks! We'll take him. We need a 3rd string QB.

He's worth more than your current QB is...……..

#21670 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

He's worth more than your current QB is...……..

Andy Dalton 2019/20 season:
59.5 com %
3,494 yards
6.6 avg
16 TD
14 INT
78.3 rating
73 yards rushing
32 years old

Dak Prescott 2019/20 season:
65.1 com %
4,902 yards
8.2 avg
30 TD
11 INT
99.7 rating
277 yards rushing
26 years old

#21671 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Andy Dalton 2019/20 season:
59.5 com %
3,494 yards
6.6 avg
16 TD
14 INT
78.3 rating
73 yards rushing
32 years old
Dak Prescott 2019/20 season:
65.1 com %
4,902 yards
8.2 avg
30 TD
11 INT
99.7 rating
277 yards rushing
26 years old

One of these teams has an offensive line, the other does/did not.

#21672 10 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yep, see how long burrows lasts.

#21673 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep, see how long burrows lasts.

Its a terrifying thought to be completely honest. They NEED to pick up someone through free agency. The best QB in the world looks mediocre at best behind a bad line.

#21674 10 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I would agree, however, that doesn't change the fact that prescott is younger, more durable, and certainly has more value. Dalton will likely be in Free Agency hoping to get with a team in some capacity...prescott is currently in talks to become amongst the highest paid QBs in the sport.

#21675 10 months ago

Dak had one of the better front lines in football and didn't produce squat. Dak is not a top 10 QB more like top 15 meaning average. Not saying Dalton is better but you give him that line and things would improve. Jones may be stupid enough to give him the money but truth is if something happens to Zeke your season is over as Prescott can not carry the load alone even in one of the weakest divisions in football.

Cincy is being active in FA for OL and I have no doubts they'll shore things up before Joe hits the turf

#21676 10 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

He had a pretty good run in Miami until he blew his knee out and spent the next two years with bad rosters. $30+ is just the reality of the position and Tennessee had no better option.
The Henry deal has the potential to be a standoff. I start to question the logic behind drafting RBs early if you're unwilling to extend them after being productive.

They just franchise tagged Henry and Cincy tagged AJ Green

#21677 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They just franchise tagged Henry and Cincy tagged AJ Green

Yeah I hate they went that direction with Green but if he can come back and play at a high level again they'll probably give him a 2 year deal next season.

I assume you're talking about the RB Henry? He had a great season but can he do it again this coming season?

#21678 10 months ago

Green is happy with that one I can tell you, hasn't really done a lot in a long time. WR with his stats are a dime a dozen now.

#21679 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Green is happy with that one I can tell you

Agree 18 mil. is still a pretty good payday.

So how do you feel about watching what probably is the last season of a "for sure HOF" QB? Roethlisberger has had a stellar career.

#21681 10 months ago

David Johnson to Texans for.... DeAndre Hopkins

The rest of the trade details still not clear yet. Sounds like may be DJ+2nd for Hopkins+4th.

#21682 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

So how do you feel about watching what probably is the last season of a "for sure HOF" QB? Roethlisberger has had a stellar career.

Is he coming back for sure? He keeps talking like he's ready to hang it up.

#21683 10 months ago

Sounds like the Bears are looking at bridgewater. Wouldn't love that, I'd much rather see them go after Dalton or Newton.

#21684 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Agree 18 mil. is still a pretty good payday.

Sucks, been a long time since I've had to watch a garbagefest and not known WTF was going to happen. Steelers got a good solid team all around, but that's becasue of him...you lose that and everything starts slipping away.

David Johnson to Texans for.... DeAndre Hopkins
The rest of the trade details still not clear yet. Sounds like may be DJ+2nd for Hopkins+4th.

WOW

Quoted from fosaisu:

Is he coming back for sure? He keeps talking like he's ready to hang it up.

He'll be back...he's been moping around ready to retire for 5 years.

#21685 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

becasue of him...you lose that and everything starts slipping away.

Will be hard to replace him that for damn sure. I think he's still got enough to go one more if he has a decent team around him.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Is he coming back for sure?

He said in an interview he is definitely coming back for one more for sure.

#21686 10 months ago

They're going to make a 30 for 30 on Bill O'Brien called "30 for 20"

#21687 10 months ago

Redskins didn’t do shit today but lose their starting guard. Dammit!

#21688 10 months ago

They're going to make a 30 for 30 on Bill O'Brien called "30 for 20"

WTF...horrible. Hopkins is just sick, and Johnson had a decent year once? Insane.

Austin Hooper was a good pick up for Cleveland...Case Keenum will get him the ball a ton.

Diggs to buffalo...another spot were WR go to die.

#21689 10 months ago

Can't say I believe the Raiders did themselves a favor by signing Mariota. He has never been better than average in my opinion and there were better choices available.

#21690 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Diggs to buffalo...another spot were WR go to die

Yeah not the Jim Kelly years for a Buffalo WR these days eh.

#21691 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Can't say I believe the Raiders did themselves a favor by signing Mariota. He has never been better than average in my opinion and there were better choices available.

They didnt do themselves a favor by paying Jon Gruden for 10 years either, haha. This is something most people will have to fact check because its so unbelievable, but Marvin Lewis had a higher win percentage than Gruden.

#21692 10 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They didnt do themselves a favor by paying Jon Gruden for 10 years either, haha. This is something most people will have to fact check because its so unbelievable, but Marvin Lewis had a higher win percentage than Gruden.

Gruden is the most overrated coach in the NFL, period, he won a SB with Dungy’s team.

#21693 10 months ago

And the Bears sign Jimmy Graham

#21694 10 months ago

Tom Brady no longer a Patriot.

#21695 10 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Tom Brady no longer a Patriot.

I really think he’s out of his mind.

Now is the perfect time to hang them up. All he can do is tarnish his legacy, and destroy his brain cells.

The only people more nuts than Tom are the idiots who sign him to some huge 2 year deal. He’s gonna suck.

#21696 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now is the perfect time to hang them up. All he can do is tarnish his legacy, and destroy his brain cells.
The only people more nuts than Tom are the idiots who sign him to some huge 2 year deal. He’s gonna suck.

He sucked last year, and isn’t getting any younger.

#21697 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would assume it’s Tampa Bay, and they really have nothing to lose by signing him. They haven’t made the playoffs in like 11 years, and their fan base is sparse. He’s not going to bring a ton of wins, but he’ll bring some excitement for two years.

#21698 10 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I would assume it’s Tampa Bay, and they really have nothing to lose by signing him. They haven’t made the playoffs in like 11 years, and their fan base is sparse. He’s not going to bring a ton of wins, but he’ll bring some excitement for two years.

True, the “michael Jordan with the wizards” factor will sell some tickets.

Still don’t see what Tom gets out of this. It’s possible 20 years of “Tom terrific” press has simply gotten to his head. Or maybe he can’t bear the thought of spending more time at home.

He can’t possibly need the money.

#21699 10 months ago

Cowboys are , have been signing players all around Prescott which makes me wonder how highly they regard him as the future considering they tagged him.

Where did Brady go? I've not seen any articles as of yet.

#21700 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He sucked last year, and isn’t getting any younger.

Peyton was VERY fortunate to go out with a super bowl win behind one of the most epic defenses in the history of football. I do NOT want to see Brady out there throwing half ass passes around and looking like shit like Peyton did. Take a knee, go out on top, take Gisele to a private beach away from the coronavirus, and enjoy what you've earned.

I just dont get it.... but then again, guys like Brady think much differently than content, mediocre people like myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 209.99
There are 28927 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 579.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside