IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 1,507.
#21601 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

RWH broke the thread!

I was talking to much about the Bengals!

#21602 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I was talking to much about the Bengals!

That would make anything break! That's ok though, our savior Tiny hands Burrow is coming soon!

031dd6cb3c6f4eac40885203245b2a19b4fc7d22 (resized).jpg031dd6cb3c6f4eac40885203245b2a19b4fc7d22 (resized).jpg
#21603 4 years ago

I'm starting to think it's more likely than not that Tua goes 2nd. Just depends where. Hopefully not Detroit. Seems like a decent young fella.

#21604 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm starting to think it's more likely than not that Tua goes 2nd. Just depends where. Hopefully not Detroit. Seems like a decent young fella.

He will probably be a great one for sure and maybe even better than Burrow but I personally couldn't take the chance on that hip injury.

#21605 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

dalton won’t be traded. He’s going to get cut.
Unless he agrees to a new contract that isn’t $17m a year with his new team.
Regardless of contract stuff, I don’t see the bengals getting better than a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

That's Tony Romo kinda money!!

#21606 4 years ago

It's been too quiet for too long. I'm still in football mode, so I'll throw some chum.

Tom Brady, Edelmann, Jimmy Fallon at a basketball game. Edelman says he's coming back. Brady looks more uncomfortable than normal and says something like "no he's not". It's a nothing story, but fun for me to watch Brady squirm and NE in a bit of flux.

Wingo called Mahomes a "HOFer" without pause or even a hint of doubt this morning on the radio. I like him as much as anyone outside of the state of Kansas, but I'm not exactly ready to give him a goofy looking jacket just yet. HOF should be sustained success over at least 5 years in my opinion. I really dislike giving current players that honor, it puts undue pressure on the real decision makers, and all around belittles the HOF. I'm trying to not to sound like an old man about this, but I really don't want the HOF turning into what the Pro Bowl has. Everyone and their brother makes it to the Pro Bowl!

#21607 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's been too quiet for too long. I'm still in football mode, so I'll throw some chum.
Tom Brady, Edelmann, Jimmy Fallon at a basketball game. Edelman says he's coming back. Brady looks more uncomfortable than normal and says something like "no he's not". It's a nothing story, but fun for me to watch Brady squirm and NE in a bit of flux.
Wingo called Mahomes a "HOFer" without pause or even a hint of doubt this morning on the radio. I like him as much as anyone outside of the state of Kansas, but I'm not exactly ready to give him a goofy looking jacket just yet. HOF should be sustained success over at least 5 years in my opinion. I really dislike giving current players that honor, it puts undue pressure on the real decision makers, and all around belittles the HOF. I'm trying to not to sound like an old man about this, but I really don't want the HOF turning into what the Pro Bowl has. Everyone and their brother makes it to the Pro Bowl!

It's too early to call him a HOFer yet because he hasn't played long enough to earn that honor but I think he definitely will be in the HOF providing he doesnt have a career ending injury.

#21608 4 years ago

HOF lost real meaning years ago, too many in that should never have gotten there.

#21609 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

HOF lost real meaning years ago, too many in that should never have gotten there.

And too many not in that should be........cough cough Kenny Anderson.

#21610 4 years ago

Your points are valid, but I dont think anyone calling Mahomes a HOFer will get any weird looks are arguments. As Who-Dey stated, pending a career ending injury (God forbid) that guy is just simply amazing. I think it would be much less responsible calling Lamar Jackson a HOFer, because who knows what he will be in a couple years when he cant depend on his legs. Mahomes is the whole package.

*Edit - I saw a "what if" article about the Packers potentially trading for OBJ.... As a Packer fan, would you even be for that? I am not sure I would, just seems like too much drama.

#21611 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

article about the Packers potentially trading for OBJ.... As a Packer fan, would you even be for that? I am not sure I would, just seems like too much drama.

He's never been a "team" player for any team he's been a part of so why would that change? The question teams will need to consider is, do his abilities out weigh the inevitable damage he will cause to team unity and motivation. A simple cursory review of his career thus far should leave little doubt about what will happen if you sign him. Simply put he's been a cancer to every team he has been affiliated with going as far back as his college days.

#21612 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

*Edit - I saw a "what if" article about the Packers potentially trading for OBJ.... As a Packer fan, would you even be for that? I am not sure I would, just seems like too much drama.

The amount of talent is certainly appealing. I wouldn't want to give up much of anything for him, and I just don't really like the idea of bringing a guy like that into a really positive locker room. Maybe he would turn things around, but I just don't think he'll ever be happy anywhere.

#21613 4 years ago

All this Tua at 2 nonsense is total smokescreen bullshit, Skins are taking Chase Young at 2.

It would take an RG3-like haul for them to consider trading down I just don't see that happening.

#21614 4 years ago

Yeah I agree there is no way in hell the Redskins don't take young. Same shit with Burrows, just the NFL creating drama pre-draft for the TV ratings on draft day.

#21615 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I agree there is no way in hell the Redskins don't take young. Same shit with Burrows, just the NFL creating drama pre-draft for the TV ratings on draft day.

Yeah Burrows is in as well. Smart of him to put all that stuff to bed.

Bengals or not, a player wants to be the #1 pick. It means something.

#21616 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It means something.

$$$$$$$$

#21617 4 years ago

I'm interested in where Jalen Hurts go in the draft. The so called experts have him going anywhere from 4th to 6th. Personally I think he will go 3rd and Herbert go 4th. He's not Joe Burrows or Tua but he is very damn good and I think a franchise QB in the NFL. Watched him play at Oklahoma and he reads and checks off faster than any other QB in the draft. He's not got a Rocket arm like Burrows but he is no slouch either, will be interesting to see where he lands.

#21618 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All this Tua at 2 nonsense is total smokescreen bullshit, Skins are taking Chase Young at 2.

Keep telling yourself that.

#21619 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Keep telling yourself that.

Come on man.

It's bullshit season.

Feb-March is lying season. You can't believe most of this nonsense.

It would make zero sense for the Skins to take injury-prone Tua. It does however make a ton of sense to leak "interest" to help drive up trade value.

#21620 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man.
It's bullshit season.
Feb-March is lying season. You can't believe most of this nonsense.
It would make zero sense for the Skins to take injury-prone Tua. It does however make a ton of sense to leak "interest" to help drive up trade value.

Im on the fence, did Dwayne Haskins show any potential at all? Serious question, I honestly havent a clue. Looking up and down that roster I have no clue how the Redskins werent the worst team in football, haha.

Ill probably take shit from my fellow Ohioans, but I would literally never draft an Ohio State QB. They ALWAYS suck in the NFL. Understandable, since they rely on top tier recruits enabling them to run the most basic offence known to man year after year.

#21621 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can't believe most of this nonsense.

Absolutely, and the Lions aren't going to draft a DB in the top 5 picks becasue it's the dumbest possible move ever; right?
Good point, worry not, Skins and Lions front office got this thing wrapped up!

But seriously, one of those 2 will wind up with Simmons.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Im on the fence, did Dwayne Haskins show any potential at all?

10000% no. They were utterly horrible all season and he couldn't make it off the fucking practice squad till late.

#21622 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely, and the Lions aren't going to draft a DB in the top 5 picks becasue it's the dumbest possible move ever; right?
Good point, worry not, Skins and Lions front office got this thing wrapped up!
But seriously, one of those 2 will wind up with Simmons.

10000% no. They were utterly horrible all season and he couldn't make it off the fucking practice squad till late.

Haskins had absolutely nothing to work with outside of McLaurin, still showed signs of improvement towards the end of the year, tough to tell.

#21623 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im on the fence, did Dwayne Haskins show any potential at all? Serious question, I honestly havent a clue. Looking up and down that roster I have no clue how the Redskins werent the worst team in football, haha.
Ill probably take shit from my fellow Ohioans, but I would literally never draft an Ohio State QB. They ALWAYS suck in the NFL. Understandable, since they rely on top tier recruits enabling them to run the most basic offence known to man year after year.

Haskins showed a lot of improvement in the final couple games. Naturally his entire season was monumentally mismanaged.

He's 100 % "Jury still out."

#21624 4 years ago

Haskins was kinda streaky during his time at Ohio State. He didn't lose much during the down games because of their defense.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Ill probably take shit from my fellow Ohioans, but I would literally never draft an Ohio State QB.

Yeah OSU is more known for Off/Def linemen and RB's, they're in the Big Ten for christ sake. Michigan, Wisconsin, play rough and know how to defend so you'd best be able to run the ball or you'll get ran over.

#21625 4 years ago

All the BS hype about where Brady will go so far has him anywhere from SF to the Raiders, actually it would be easier to count the teams not mentioned as a destination. Realistically only those organizations moving on from their current QB already would be interested, does anyone believe SF to be one of those?? I think not. I'm even actually having a hard time accepting his possibility with the Titans, I thought Tannehill played pretty decent for them but who knows. The Raiders yeah given their coach and organization I could believe it. The Bears, a lot of money to have to give Trubisky and when you only have 25 mil in cap space can you even afford it in exchange for a QB that "might" have 2 seasons left. No I think the only viable place for Brady may be the Chargers or Tampa Bay.

#21626 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

All the BS hype about where Brady will go so far has him anywhere from SF to the Raiders, actually it would be easier to count the teams not mentioned as a destination. Realistically only those organizations moving on from their current QB already would be interested, does anyone believe SF to be one of those?? I think not. I'm even actually having a hard time accepting his possibility with the Titans, I thought Tannehill played pretty decent for them but who knows. The Raiders yeah given their coach and organization I could believe it. The Bears, a lot of money to have to give Trubisky and when you only have 25 mil in cap space can you even afford it in exchange for a QB that "might" have 2 seasons left. No I think the only viable place for Brady may be the Chargers or Tampa Bay.

I would love to see Brady go to the Browns. That would definitely put an end to his career!

#21627 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would love to see Brady go to the Browns. That would definitely put an end to his career!

That would be epic. But do you think Giselle's willing to relocate to Cleveland? Can't quite see it myself.

#21628 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That would be epic. But do you think Giselle's willing to relocate to Cleveland? Can't quite see it myself.

Probably not lol.

#21629 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hellllllllll no! lol. The further South you go in Ohio the better.

#21630 4 years ago

I know, this is old LIV stuff. But this is insane cool. A 360° VR video of the complete half time show:

You can play the vid with any PC (move the mouse to rotate the view), but with a VR headset and for example GizmoVR video player this is a blast. You think, you were personally in the HR stadium.

#21631 4 years ago

I see the Bills have signed Josh Norman, hope he does better with them than he has for Washington. Josh is another player that I question is a team player, he had a lot of things to say about the Redskins practically from the day they got him. Personally I think Washington is better off without Norman

#21632 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I see the Bills have signed Josh Norman, hope he does better with them than he has for Washington. Josh is another player that I question is a team player, he had a lot of things to say about the Redskins practically from the day they got him. Personally I think Washington is better off without Norman

Id pay 6 million to dump Kirkpatrick, lol.

#21633 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Id pay 6 million to dump Kirkpatrick, lol.

I'd pay more, but not for Norman. I think Kirkpatrick will be let go this season or I'm hoping he will. I've never liked him and really was unhappy when they give his shitty ass a big contract.

#21634 4 years ago

Oh Boy

rams (resized).jpgrams (resized).jpg
#21635 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh Boy[quoted image]

Just another botched LA facelift.

#21636 4 years ago

Looks to me like they're getting ready to merge the chargers and rams.

#21638 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean there's on way Washington would blow that pick on Tua would they? MWHAHAHAA

Just getting this closer to the top

#21639 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

That logo is...unfortunate.

The Rams had one of the best logos. The new one is horrible.

#21640 4 years ago

Bengals released Cordy Glen, I figured they would considering he can't stay healthy. His health was enough of a concern that other teams did not want to take a chance on him when he was due over 9mil on his last year. We weren't going to start him over Jonas anyway so best to lose the dead weight.

#21641 4 years ago

They released mainly because of his shitty attitude. Hope to see him in the XFL next year. What a peice of shyt he is!

#21642 4 years ago

It would be great if ESPN was showing some classic sports, SB marathons... something to fill this void of sports we have.

#21643 4 years ago

It would be great if ESPN was showing some classic sports, SB marathons... something to fill this void of sports we have.

Bring on ESPN 8. The Ocho!

#21644 4 years ago

So what do they have on now? Basketball is their bread and butter this time of year.

#21645 4 years ago

What I've seen is a lot of talking heads, going over what's canceled. Everyone knows this.. just bring in any updates on the bottom line as necessary, but nothing is changing any time soon. Let's watch some classic sports in the meantime.

#21646 4 years ago

I'm just going to expect that this virus is going to screw F/Agency up too. I guess they could just have the absolute minimum people necessary for a workout, that's assuming the FA would be willing to risk travel as well. The other option is to lengthen the FA signing period,

#21647 4 years ago

Well I guess it's really not unexpected but I read this morning that the NFL is going to postpone the draft until the end of May. Not looking good for sports fans......

#21648 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well I guess it's really not unexpected but I read this morning that the NFL is going to postpone the draft until the end of May. Not looking good for sports fans......

Boooo!

#21649 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Just ridiculous... The UFC just had an event last night minus the spectators. Its 2020, just proceed with the draft, they dont all have to be in the same room.

#21650 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just ridiculous... The UFC just had an event last night minus the spectators. Its 2020, just proceed with the draft, they dont all have to be in the same room.

I heard their just cancelling the big Vegas event, and the draft will move forward as usual....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 75,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/433 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.