Topic Stats

• 29,369 posts - Hot topic!
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by Erik
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

06771A88-10FE-4C53-8537-9E88336E4138 (resized).jpeg
22133154-3950-4763-9BAF-09FDE13FF933 (resized).jpeg
B712464C-F333-4042-9A87-1C28F0778EEA (resized).jpeg
SerpentinePerfumedBeardeddragon-small.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
139662653_10158836169855659_1189152156721552495_o (resized).jpg
1CF6A61C-E20F-420C-B406-EC67C6D046B8.gif
DA53C98E-4BF5-4315-A2F4-CA3BA091540E.gif
5F83367B-3B4A-4DEB-B5F3-62AF02A8A405 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210120-010312~2 (resized).png

There are 29369 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 588.
#21551 11 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have no ill will towards the Brown family they've done a lot for and with the city of Cincinnati for all it's residents. I didn't care for Mike Brown at the helm and am hoping his daughter and Tobin do better.

Well you are a better man than I!

I loathe Snyder and pray for his misfortune!

I've seen Redskins fans talk about all the "good" Snyder has done (IE: charity), and well that's all well and good, I really don't care. The fact that he's doing the same tax shelter charity work as every other billionaire doesn't exactly fill me with good feelings, all I care about are results and the field and Skins have been horrible during his tenure. That's what historic moron Bruce Allen infamously called "winning off the field" and it don't concern me as a Redskins fan.

If the NFLPA could get it into the new CBA that Snyder and his owner cronies have to live in a barn for a year and the players get more money, I'd be super into it!

#21552 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just repeating these isn't funny but you'd never know it on Pinside!

That's why I stayed at the "Express" better than just the "Inn" much funnier eh?

#21553 11 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

That's why I stayed at the "Express" better than just the "Inn" much funnier eh?

Almost as hilarious as those halcyon days on RGP where everybody was doing the "priceless" bit from that credit card commercial!

#21554 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I loathe Snyder and pray for his misfortune!

Takes a shitty person to wish bad things on people who haven’t done anything bad in life.

#21555 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not going to argue about it. My belief is that athletes should not get paid as much as they do

I know you're not going to argue about it, but you're making an intrinsic worth argument. I.e. regardless of market forces, football players are worth exactly $X, and they should get that and not a penny more (or less, I guess you would say, even if football plummets in popularity). It's the same as someone that's convinced their Fish Tales is worth $6,000 and cannot fathom why no one wants to pay them for it. Both nice fantasies, but completely divorced from the way a capitalist economy functions.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

That would be a great life to play a game until you were thirty years old and not have to go to work until then wouldn't it?

Sounds fantastic, why didn't you do it?

Oh, right, because you lack the exceptional skills that these guys have and that Americans are willing to spend billions every year to watch. Just like the rest of us schlubs in this thread (excepting dirtbag's brother, of course).

#21556 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Takes a shitty person to wish bad things on people who haven’t done anything bad in life.

Maybe. But aren't we talking about Dan Snyder?

#21557 11 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Maybe. But aren't we talking about Dan Snyder?

As far as I know he's just guilty of being a bad football owner. Not a big deal really.

#21558 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as I know he's just guilty of being a bad football owner. Not a big deal really.

There are much worse things in life.

#21559 11 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:Sounds fantastic, why didn't you do it?
Oh, right, because you lack the exceptional skills that these guys have and that Americans are willing to spend billions every year to watch. Just like the rest of us schlubs in this thread (excepting dirtbag's brother, of course).

Right, and even if you did have an exceptional amount of talent, being a "professional football player" isn't exactly lucrative. Let's not forget that includes Arena, CFL, XFL, AAF. Some of those guys take a beating every week just to have their checks bounce.

Not every player gets paid handsomely and gets to bang super models. It's just not how it works. I know that there's a lot of jealousy toward high paid athletes (particularly thugs), but you couldn't pay me enough to be recognized out in public by every jackoff that's ever had me on their fantasy team.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Doesn't matter, they aren't worth it. Our military personnel makes peanuts compared to athletes. The owners make it happen by building these big stadiums and stuff so they should reap most of rewards. We could argue this all day but the truth is they aren't worth what they are getting paid. I guarantee you that everyone of us on this forum have a more meaningful job than an athlete does.

If you want to really contribute to service members, there are PLENTY of ways to do it. Go ahead and take that step if you feel so strongly about them being underappreciated and underpaid. It doesn't even all need to be financial donations or direct compensations. Pick up a pen and write your state senator. Volunteer at the VFW. Help with career coaching at your local workforce development. Go help at a homeless shelter (unfortunately where a disproportionate number of soldiers end up). Vote for candidates who focus on diplomacy rather than wars.

Seriously, if you want to make a difference in those people's lives, stop comparing them to professional athletes and go out and do something for them.

#21560 11 months ago

Seriously, if you want to make a difference in those people's lives, stop comparing them to professional athletes and go out and do something for them.

How do you know that I dont try to make a difference in their lives? Are you sure that I dont?

#21561 11 months ago

Seriously, if you want to make a difference in those people's lives, stop comparing them to professional athletes

I dont compare our service members and vererans to professional athletes. I put them way way higher than professional athletes. They are heroes to me and athletes are not.

#21562 11 months ago

Christ who Dey is going on about the military?

Typical. Your suggestions are all great. I’m sure he’ll be rushing out to donate his time and money.

Or he’ll just keep complaining about black people making too much money so their billionaire bosses can get richer.

#21563 11 months ago

I have no idea why you guys keep feeding the trolls.

#21564 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have no idea why you guys keep feeding the trolls.

What do you want it’s Thursday. No games tonight.

#21565 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or he’ll just keep complaining about black people making too much money

When did I ever say anything about black people? White athletes dont deserve that much money either. They have college degrees so they can still get a great job after their sports career is over if need be.

#21566 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

White athletes dont deserve that much money either. They have college degrees so they can still get a great job after their sports career is over if need be.

#21567 11 months ago

You can’t argue that

#21568 11 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

There are much worse things in life.

Bengal fans?

#21569 10 months ago

I have to be completely honest. I don't come here for the football. I come here for the fighting.

#21570 10 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Bengal fans?

Trolling again....man you have to have something better to do up there in the great white.

#21571 10 months ago

Who from this thread is going to Louisville next weekend? I want to buy you all a beer, and cheers our next hero, Joseph Burrow.

#21572 10 months ago

I’m thinking i might make the drive down there, as long as I can get out of work early Friday

#21573 10 months ago
#21574 10 months ago

Bears are going after Hooper as well

#21575 10 months ago

And the Redskins!

It's Hooper Mania!

#21576 10 months ago

He’s looking for $11 mil/yr, I think I just heard Who Dey’s head explode.

#21577 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s looking for $11 mil/yr, I think I just heard Who Dey’s head explode.

Nah more power to him. I jutlst think they are overpaid and that its hurt the sport. I dont bkame them or hate them for it by any means.

#21578 10 months ago

Bears have reached out to Cincy for a possible trade with Dalton. Sounds like an outlandish fishing expedition to me given what Chicago has in their current QB and Dalton being due $1 7 mil and some change.

#21579 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bears have reached out to Cincy for a possible trade with Dalton. Sounds like an outlandish fishing expedition to me given what Chicago has in their current QB and Dalton being due $1 7 mil and some change.

They’re definitely bringing in a QB, through the draft of free agency, they still have one of the best Ds in the league, just need the offense to be average or slightly above to have a chance

#21580 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

giphy (18).gif
#21581 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

The bengals may very well be willing to eat half his salary to get rid of dalton and get him off the books.

Redskins made a deal like that for Case Keenum last year. Broncos ate millions.

#21582 10 months ago
02FA4011-A25D-4BF2-96CF-08857CADB7B7 (resized).jpeg
#21583 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Bears need Dalton. They wont get him though without paying dearly because Mike Brown always wins in a situation like this.

#21584 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Bears need Dalton. They wont get him though without paying dearly because Mike Brown always wins in a situation like this.

#21585 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No one, not even the Bears, need Andy Dalton.

#21586 10 months ago

No one, not even the Bears, need Andy Dalton.

The bears dont have a QB anywhere near as good as Andy Dalton so don't kid yourself. Lots of teams dont have a QB as good as Dalton.

#21587 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The bears dont have a QB anywhere near as good as Andy Dalton so don't kid yourself. Lots of teams dont have a QB as good as Dalton.

Lots? I disagree. Dalton is pretty firmly in the bottom quarter of QB talent from where I sit. If you disagree, you wouldnt be so jacked about spending the top pick in the draft to replace him.

#21588 10 months ago

Lots? I disagree. Dalton is pretty firmly in the bottom quarter of QB talent from where I sit. If you disagree, you wouldnt be so jacked about spending the top pick in the draft to replace him.

Dalton is a good (not great) but it's just time for him to move on. He's a little above average I will say that.

#21589 10 months ago

Bears aren’t getting Dalton, and sure as hell not trading anything for him, Trubisky, yeah it hasn’t turned well, is still better then the red rocket, draft Fromm please!

#21590 10 months ago

Would agree you're better off trying to develop Trubisky. As much as I like to poke fun at him, he's shown at least some ability, and if he could learn to tuck and run more it would make a huge difference. The good thing for me is I dont really think he'll progress as a starter, and dont think he'll accept a bench spot to learn from someone.

Scary scenario I thought of today.. Brady to LV, Carr to CHI. I think Carr is a good QB currently stifled in OAK. I wouldn't want him on the Bears.

#21591 10 months ago

dalton won’t be traded. He’s going to get cut.

Unless he agrees to a new contract that isn’t $17m a year with his new team.

Regardless of contract stuff, I don’t see the bengals getting better than a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

#21592 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bears aren’t getting Dalton, and sure as hell not trading anything for him, Trubisky, yeah it hasn’t turned well, is still better then the red rocket, draft Fromm please!

There has been talk about Dalton going to the Bears for a long time buddy so I would not Bet On It.

#21593 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bears aren’t getting Dalton,

image000000hj (resized).jpg
#21594 10 months ago

He's been a good QB, you don't get to as many playoffs situations as Dalton did and not be capable. Yeah he never won a playoff game but how many QB took their team to 6 straight playoff appearances, not many.

Dalton is 30yrs. old now and well like Who-Dey says, just time to move on. I think if he is protected wherever he ends up at he'll make it back to the playoffs again.

#21595 10 months ago

Duplicate

#21597 10 months ago

Good to see the thread was fixed.

#21598 10 months ago

Why would the Bears trade for Dalton? Because they are the bears.

#21599 10 months ago

RWH broke the thread!

#21600 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why would the Bears trade for Dalton? Because they are the bears.

I'm inclined to believe that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Summerville, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 29369 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 588.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside