dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 1,514.
#21301 4 years ago

It's all brand new and everyone is nervous trying to make things go smoothly. Give them time and give it a chance. Rome wasn't built in a day. Every NFL game isnt exciting either and every NFL team isnt great. This league will be fun if people get behind it and support it.

#21302 4 years ago

Go battlehawks!

#21303 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like another woman may be hired as a full-time assistant NFL coach.
Just interested in Hearing how much you guys hate this and why:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28661698/sources-redskins-working-hire-jennifer-king-nfl-first-african-american-female-full-assistant-coach

No issue with it, just dont see why anyone cares. I mean it isnt like women were not permitted to coach before. The media loves to feed us these stories to make it seem like its some sort of break through. A qualified woman applied for a job and got it, am I supposed to cry tears of joy and pretend this couldnt have happened 10 years ago if the same qualified woman applied back then?

Same shit when Michael Sam got drafted. They crammed that shit down our throats. In reality, 99 percent of football fans dont give a shit, we just hate made up theatrics. If a gay black Muslim woman in a wheelchair can get my team to the super bowl, thats all I care about. Enough of the side stories, they are unnecessary and create drama that doesn't exist.

#21304 4 years ago

I mostly watched in passing this weekend, but I had fun with what I did see. I found the replays excruciating, though. I'd rather watch commercials than some guy with an xbox controller guess as to what a "football move" is.

#21305 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No issue with it, just dont see why anyone cares. I mean it isnt like women were not permitted to coach before. The media loves to feed us these stories to make it seem like its some sort of break through. A qualified woman applied for a job and got it, am I supposed to cry tears of joy

Imagine if no white guys from Kentucky had never broken through in pro football. And suddenly, one did, because finally, after all these years, there was a white guy from Kentucky who was "qualified" enough to make it! You'd probably take some interest in it, no? You might even break down sobbing tears of joy!

#21306 4 years ago

Levi thought of you when I saw this.
D3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).pngD3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).png

#21307 4 years ago

Sweet!!

That would go well with the Redskins helmet tape dispenser I have at work. A friend sent it to me a few years back.

#21308 4 years ago

Jeez why is XFL using that weird "+6" points graphic just like SB? Must be a fox thang.
Game I watched was just under 3 hours so i don;t know how much savings you get there. Bonus time clock stopping thing is dumb.

#21309 4 years ago

Well, I watched the LA wildcats get their ass handed to them. So, I’m out. It would have taken an undefeated season to get me to watch this league. I hope the league survives. The NFL could use a minor league. Hopefully a few of these players make it big in the NFL after being given a second chance. That’s how Kurt Warner made it.

#21310 4 years ago

They could knock off the interviewing every player after every play for gods sake

#21311 4 years ago

With so many qbs becoming free agents, it’s gonna get interesting...

DDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpegDDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpeg
#21312 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

With so many qbs becoming free agents, it’s gonna get interesting...[quoted image]

How many kids is he up to now? June’s da O/U on his wife being knocked up in 2020.

#21313 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

How many kids is he up to now? June’s da O/U on his wife being knocked up in 2020.

9 kids is what they said on the radio this morning.

#21314 4 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

9 kids is what they said on the radio this morning.

Anything over 4 is objectively too many.

#21315 4 years ago

Manziel bad mouthing the XFL after having not been given a shot to play, saying they will fold so he didn't want to play for them anyway...……..I see his recent conflict with the XFL more like he was wanting the XFL to "show him the money" but instead they "showed him the door".

here's Johnny (resized).jpghere's Johnny (resized).jpg
#21316 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anything over 4 is objectively too many.

Since this is the NFL thread, I have always referred to having more than two children as "Outkicking our coverage". This world wasn't designed for families of 5 or more.

#21317 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Since this is the NFL thread, I have always referred to having more than two children as "Outkicking our coverage". This world wasn't designed for families of 5 or more.

The !960's was the last decade for overly large families in the US. Todays society supports 2 at most.

#21318 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Manziel bad mouthing the XFL after having not been given a shot to play, saying they will fold so he didn't want to play for them anyway...……..I see his recent conflict with the XFL more like he was wanting the XFL to "show him the money" but instead they "showed him the door".[quoted image]

I think Cleveland for whatever reason turns players into douche bags. Seems like it happens to every player that goes there.

#21319 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Cleveland for whatever reason turns players into douche bags. Seems like it happens to every player that goes there.

Nah.... they are DBs long before Cleveland gets them..... LOL

#21320 4 years ago

Yeah I’m pretty sure Manziel was a douche from birth

#21321 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The signs were clear as day, before he even got drafted by the browns.

#21323 4 years ago

All true about Manzell. He sure did make a lot of money for doing absolutely NOTHING though. That's why I wish there were incentive based contracts in the NFL.

#21324 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All true about Manzell. He sure did make a lot of money for doing absolutely NOTHING though. That's why I wish there were incentive based contracts in the NFL.

It wouldn't have worked in his case anyway - his family had oil money.

#21325 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All true about Manzell. He sure did make a lot of money for doing absolutely NOTHING though.

He did insanely well at his job interview, years of college football & the highest award, so a team signed a contract with him. Not that diff'rent from many high profile billion dollar industries

#21326 4 years ago

Johnny had a great college career but I think once he got to the NFL he couldn't adjust to the speed of the game both mentally and physically.

#21327 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Johnny had a great college career but I think once he got to the NFL he couldn't adjust to the speed of the game both mentally and physically.

He’s an immature moron and a drunk and everybody but the Browns had this figured out. If something I can’t quite put my finger on was different about Johnny, some may even call him a “thug.”

Even the cowboys passed. Supposedly Jerry Jones’ son had to physically restrain Jerry from making this idiotic pick.

#21328 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s an immature moron and a drunk and everybody but the Browns had this figured out.
Even the cowboys passed. Supposedly Jerry Jones’ son had to physically restrain Jerry from making this idiotic pick

You're absolutely right in everything thing you've said, my point is that regardless drunk, immature moron aside he simply was not NFL quality had he been sober.

#21329 4 years ago

Yet somehow a better pick than Brady quinn.

#21330 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s an immature moron and a drunk and everybody but the Browns had this figured out. If something I can’t quite put my finger on was different about Johnny, some may even call him a “thug.”
Even the cowboys passed. Supposedly Jerry Jones’ son had to physically restrain Jerry from making this idiotic pick.

How do really feel?! He couldn’t even last in the CFL!

#21331 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yet somehow a better pick than Brady quinn.

Damn I'd forgotten about ND's saviour. He didn't last long did he, Cleveland has had really bad luck in QB's.

#21332 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cleveland has had really bad luck in QB's.

Hold my beer

B99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpegB99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpeg
#21333 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Hold my beer

Yeah you're gonna need something a little stronger.

#21334 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah you're gonna need something a little stronger.

I don’t need anything anymore. I’ve been so used to this over the years I’m numb from it.

#21335 4 years ago

I'm praying the Bengals draft Burrows and we can start fresh, I mean we can only go up.

#21336 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm praying the Bengals draft Burrows and we can start fresh, I mean we can only go up.

It's in the bag Russ. Dont even worry about it. They aren't thinking about trading that pic I dont care what anyone says. I know Mike Brown.

#21337 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I could cheer for the Bengals every week except if they play the Colts.
Good luck with Burrows!How’s your offensive line? Don’t do what Indy did to Luck!

#21338 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How’s your offensive line? Don’t do what Indy did to Luck!

30th out of 32.

#21339 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

30th out of 32.

You better start working on that right now,you see what happened to Andrew,so much talent It’s a shame he had to retire

#21340 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You better start working on that right now,you see what happened to Andrew,so much talent It’s a shame he had to retire

They got a 1st round stud that they drafted last year that got hurt that is coming back this year and they will probably draft another one and theres free agency also. It's not as doom and gloom as it may seem.

#21341 4 years ago

If it's so easy you think they would have done it by now.

#21342 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They got a 1st round stud that they drafted last year that got hurt that is coming back this year and they will probably draft another one and theres free agency also. It's not as doom and gloom as it may seem.

Cover blind side first,if Joe is right hand get that left tackle.Is Mixon still your running back?

#21343 4 years ago

The colts always had a shitty line and made luck throw 70 times a game to boot. It was never a recipe for a long career.

#21344 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Cover blind side first,if Joe is right hand get that left tackle.Is Mixon still your running back?

Yes Mixon still RB.

#21345 4 years ago

I hope the XFL lasts this time. The games have been very entertaining, and having a 7 month gap in pro football definitely leaves many (myself included) wanting more.

#21346 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Man if just half of the players I'm hearing about actually become available through free agency it's going to be good, real good. Some will be expensive to sign such as Washington's OL guard Brandon Scherff, Detroit's OL Graham Glasgow, and NE OL Joe Thuney but they are proven especially the Redskins Scherff.

They have already signed two OL from the waiver wire and they will have Glen back unless they trade him. I also know that they are actively monitoring the 3 players status above from their podcast interviews. I don't think they'll risk Burrow unless they think we have a front line that will protect him. The tell on that will be the trading of Andy Dalton.

#21347 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't think they'll risk Burrow unless they think we have a front line that will protect him.

Yep, keep Dalton to take the brunt of it whilst o line improves

#21348 4 years ago

Well I just read two articles that say the Bengals are going to try to trade Dalton and give him say where that may be. I don't doubt they trade him and I think that trade for an OL or second rd. pick. Don't know that this will work unless they get it done before the flood gates open and Rivers, Cam, and Brady all spill out. After that the market options definitely shrink.

All I know is I hope someone in Bengaldom knows wtf they're doing

#21349 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well I just read two articles that say the Bengals are going to try to trade Dalton and give him say where that may be. I don't doubt they trade him and I think that trade for an OL or second rd. pick. Don't know that this will work unless they get it done before the flood gates open and Rivers, Cam, and Brady all spill out. After that the market options definitely shrink.
All I know is I hope someone in Bengaldom knows wtf they're doing

2nd round pick is pretty optimistic

#21350 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

2nd round pick is pretty optimistic

Nah I think they can get a later rd. pick say #45-50. He still has a lot of positives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/427 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.