nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 1,516.
#21251 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What is the over/under for this league collapsing? Week 6?

I think it will last one full season and fold, like last time.

Vince has enough money to burn to protect his fragile ego from the shame of an aborted AAAAAAAF type fiasco.

At least Jim Zorn and a bunch of other NFL wash ups have something to do for the next few months.

#21252 4 years ago

And Marc Trestman as Tampa’s HC and GM

#21253 4 years ago

The Titans announced today that they will not be hiring a DC and that HC Vrabel will call defensive plays. The Titans looked very promising so this move really perplexes me especially considering they could have gotten a Defensive guru in Phillips. Vrabel will find it difficult at best and I think they will suffer because of it.

#21254 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Titans announced today that they will not be hiring a DC and that HC Vrabel will call defensive plays. The Titans looked very promising so this move really perplexes me especially considering they could have gotten a Defensive guru in Phillips. Vrabel will find it difficult at best and I think they will suffer because of it.

I would guess he planned this before this season, since he didnt consider a coach on the staff even though he had a year to prepare for Dean Pees retirement. I doubt Vrabel will be as successful as Pees but I can't blame him for giving it a shot himself.

#21255 4 years ago

Meh. The Patriots didn't have a DC this year and they had one of the best defenses in the NFL. A couple of years they didn't have a DC or an OC in the same year. Went to the playoffs both times. Sometimes having more control at the top is better.

#21256 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sometimes having more control at the top is better.

Well it's a lot easier if you're a legendary defensive mind. I don't think its something just anyone can pull off.

#21257 4 years ago

I finished my XFL draft last night. Is anyone else doing xfl fantasy?

#21258 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I finished my XFL draft last night. Is anyone else doing xfl fantasy?

I am a degenerate so I’ll probably put together a draft kings lineup

#21259 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I am a degenerate so I’ll probably put together a draft kings lineup

The season starts in a day and a half. You better move quickly.

It isn't nearly as polished as the nfl fantasy draft. They need to work on it.

#21260 4 years ago

Looks like the Eagles will be in a similar boat. Won’t have an OC going into next season after conducting several interviews. Press Taylor in as “Pass Game Coordinator”, whatever the hell that means. I guess not enough confidence in him to promote to OC (which I agree with).

#21261 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meh. The Patriots didn't have a DC this year and they had one of the best defenses in the NFL. A couple of years they didn't have a DC or an OC in the same year. Went to the playoffs both times. Sometimes having more control at the top is better.

Didn't BB say his kid was basically running the defense? It seems to me he's grooming him for the DC spot, without getting too much flack for nepotism.

#21262 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

...without getting too much flack for nepotism.

I don't think there's too much stink aboot that in football...unless you blow 2 SBs

#21263 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Ungrateful POTUS.

I bet he’s getting tired of all the winning!Poor ole Nancy,Jerry and my personal favorite Jerry

#21264 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I bet he’s getting tired of all the winning!Poor ole Nancy,Jerry and my personal favorite Jerry

Were "Nancy, Jerry, and your personal favorite Jerry" caught on tape goofing off during the Super Bowl national anthem? If not, what do they have to do with the NFL thread? And if so, post some video already!

In case you're not following along, I'm personally not too worried about Jay-Z sitting during the anthem, or POTUS directing the symphony and waiving to his friends. It was only brought up in this thread in the first place because some folks (including you!) went off the deep-end about one of these cases, but not the other. Which is objectively funny.

#21266 4 years ago

Sanchez indeed! How the hell did he make it onto that list?!?

#21267 4 years ago

We had the discussion of color guys. I think Cutler would be fantastic.

download_20200207_213253 (resized).jpgdownload_20200207_213253 (resized).jpg
#21268 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We had the discussion of color guys. I think Cutler would be fantastic.

Never really heard him speak other than interviews but he certainly will have the knowledge so he could be very good like Romo.

#21269 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's a lot easier if you're a legendary defensive mind. I don't think its something just anyone can pull off.

I agree, few if any can be effective in this scenario. A HC has to be able to watch the flow of play on both sides of the ball during game play so he can evaluate whats working and whats not, then address adjustments with his staff. When the HC is acting as DC also it means he has far less focus not only on the offense when on the field (as he will be occupied with talking over the last series with his defense), but with the entire game. I just don't think it is a great choice for an HC to make unless even if as Law says the HC is a stand out on either side of the ball.

#21270 4 years ago

This XFL was more interesting when it was all pyrotechnics and strippers

#21271 4 years ago

I guess that could be said for just about anything

#21272 4 years ago

Hey I dont know about you guys but I thought the first XFL game was awesome! That was just as good as a NFL game if you ask me, I love it!

#21273 4 years ago

Go DC Defenders!!

I had the game on while working in the shop.

The rules changes are kind of interesting, I feel like they were created in part
to mask the sub par product on the field. Clock stops every play during 2 minute drives, taking a heap of pressure off offensive players. Everything is faster, so maybe you don’t have much time to think about the easy catch the nobody WR just dropped. No kicks for extra points so less opportunities for these scrubs kickers to miss kicks.

The most interesting thing was the embracing of gambling. Lines are displayed the entire game, and announcers talk about gambling reprocussions almost every play of the 3rd and 4th quarters. I guess it’s smart, get the degenerate gamblers Hooked you may have something.

The weirdest gimmick is the live mic on the coaches. Like...uhh...what’s to stop someone from the other team from watching the game and sending calls to the D?

Silliest gimmick is interviewing players 10 seconds after they make a play. Breathless players trying to answer dumb questions isn’t exactly riveting.

#21274 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The weirdest gimmick is the live mic on the coaches. Like...uhh...what’s to stop someone from the other team from watching the game and sending calls to the D?

Because the TV broadcast is on a delay. This is damn good football and there's no reason people shouldn't support this league. I am loving it!

#21275 4 years ago

I will damn sure watch it till the NFL comes back. So long as these games are entertaining I'm in.

#21276 4 years ago

I watched most of the first game too and thought it was alright. The first half was pretty sloppy and boring, but I don't think that they played any kind of preseason. Second half was much better. Some of the rule changes are weird, but I like that they mixed it up a bit. I'm not going to judge it after just one game, but I'll definitely watch next Saturday's game.

#21277 4 years ago

I only watched the first half but the atmosphere kind of felt like a div. 2 college game. Still I didn't hate it.

And I actually really liked listening to the coordinators call in the plays, and the commentary guys translating what they meant before the snap (which was dubious). Hope it makes it thru the season!

#21278 4 years ago

There are games on tomorrow, too

#21279 4 years ago

I'll try to catch some tomorrow

#21280 4 years ago

Hope todays games are good ones, yesterday was pretty entertaining in my opinion. Tampa Bay Vipers/New York Guardians is up first, followed by St. Louis BattleHawks/Dallas Renegades.

#21281 4 years ago

That Houston/LA game was fun to watch. I like the kickoff rules and really like the extra point rules...

#21282 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hope todays games are good ones, yesterday was pretty entertaining in my opinion. Tampa Bay Vipers/New York Guardians is up first, followed by St. Louis BattleHawks/Dallas Renegades.

Cant wait until we get the Cincinnati Jungle Cats!!

#21283 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

That Houston/LA game was fun to watch. I like the kickoff rules and really like the extra point rules...

I like that too but I don't like how much the clock gets stopped.

#21284 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I like that too but I don't like how much the clock gets stopped.

The first game yesterday took almost 3 1/2 hours, like you said too much clock stoppage

#21285 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The first game yesterday took almost 3 1/2 hours, like you said too much clock stoppage

Right weren’t they selling this as “faster?”

Like I said before, expecting these scrubs to be able to pull off exciting, efficient two minute drives with normal nfl rules is fantasy. These clock changes are designed to cover that up, not speed up the game. It worked too. DC scored a field goal with like 20 “seconds” and no time out on the clock.

#21286 4 years ago

Looks like another woman may be hired as a full-time assistant NFL coach.

Just interested in Hearing how much you guys hate this and why:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28661698/sources-redskins-working-hire-jennifer-king-nfl-first-african-american-female-full-assistant-coach

#21287 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28661698/sources-redskins-working-hire-jennifer-king-nfl-first-african-american-female-full-assistant-coach

Trouble maker

#21288 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Should be fine as long as she's not bla....oh boy I just read it.

#21289 4 years ago

I've got no problem with them coaching, it'll really comes down to the players themselves if it works out or not.

#21290 4 years ago

Who said the XFL isn't like the NFL, the Vipers just had a player thrown out for punching another player, sounds pretty NFLish to me I kid I kid

#21291 4 years ago

Ah I see now the Vipers DC is none other than Jerry Glanville formally of the Houston Oilers. Remember him and his antics well, he was not well liked in the league for a lot of his career.

#21292 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ah I see now the Vipers DC is none other than Jerry Glanville formally of the Houston Oilers. Remember him and his antics well, he was not well liked in the league for a lot of his career.

Jerry couldn’t even get a HC job in the Xfl!?

Jesus!

#21293 4 years ago

Trestman still struggles with basic math, I see

#21294 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I've got no problem with them coaching, it'll really comes down to the players themselves if it works out or not.

I dont have a problem with it either. I think it's stupid as F but I dont have a problem with it.

#21295 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The guy that famously ran Favre out of ATL. Probably not the best decision.

#21296 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I LOVE Jerry Glanville! Hes my kind of coach.

#21297 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I LOVE Jerry Glanville! Hes my kind of coach.

I bet you do

#21298 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I bet you do

I do seriously lol. I like guys like him and Buddy Ryan that get their players fired up and send them head hunting!

#21299 4 years ago

Watched some today and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched, but the announcing was pretty bad. Uff Greg Olsen.

#21300 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watched some today and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched, but the announcing was pretty bad. Uff Greg Olsen.

Yeah it definitely had a different feel to what we’re used to seeing, especially from the commentary side. Gameplay is not bad, similar to college. Lots of bombs being thrown. But the one thing I can’t get over, it seems like nobody can make a tackle to save their life. Guys are just bouncing off defenders left and right and gaining many extra yards on every play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.