spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 1,513.
#21151 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

supposedly the raiders are looking at brady now.

Supposedly the Giants and Redskins are too. It's all nonsense. You can connect him to any team right now.

I think whoever "wins" the Brady sweepstakes is gonna be in for a pretty rude awakening. It really makes more sense for a team that needs to sell some tickets in the short term than a team that actually needs a QB to put them over the top.

#21152 4 years ago

Why would anyone want Brady? I love Brady, but unsure why any team would want him. I mean, a completely different system at his age? I just dont see why anyone would pay 15 million plus for his arm at this point. That said, the 49ers would be Super Bowl champions with him, haha.

I just hate seeing guys I view as superheroes play past their prime. Manning got a ring his last season, but he was HORRIBLE that year.

#21153 4 years ago

I read an article this morning where Kraft said he'd be willing to give Brady a big contract to keep him and then in the same breath said he would not insist that coach Belicheat keep him if he was truly of mind to move on.

#21154 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why would anyone want Brady? I love Brady, but unsure why any team would want him.

Well if you have a chance at the greatest QB of all time, or Derrick Carr, it isn't that confusing.

#21155 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why would anyone want Brady? I love Brady, but unsure why any team would want him. I mean, a completely different system at his age? I just dont see why anyone would pay 15 million plus for his arm at this point. That said, the 49ers would be Super Bowl champions with him, haha.
I just hate seeing guys I view as superheroes play past their prime. Manning got a ring his last season, but he was HORRIBLE that year.

because when you look at the alternatives.. even a 'decent, but not great' QB is worth gold in this league

#21156 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well if you have a chance at the greatest QB of all time, or Derrick Carr, it isn't that confusing.

Tough call. On one hand you have a guy certainly near the end of his career who seems to have maybe lost a step or two and did not play as well as he used to, and on the other hand you have a veteran who is in the prime of his career with several years letft.

On the third hand, I just cracked my melon on the shop door and it layed me out on the ground and left a big welt, so don't ask me.

#21157 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I get what you are saying, but I dont see the Raiders as just needing that piece of the puzzle. I could see a team like the 49ers or Rams taking him and being successful, but Oakland seems to need far more help than that. By that same logic I wouldnt want to see him on the Bengals, he would get destroyed! He has ALWAYS had a rock solid line, he needs it. Pardon my ignorance of the Raiders, but how is their line? What type of offence do they run, etc?

#21158 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I get what you are saying, but I dont see the Raiders as just needing that piece of the puzzle.

Yeah but it's not whether we see it the piece of the puzzle, it's whether Gruden & Mayock see it, and they are 2 TV guys & obviously slightly (at best) insane.
They got a team moving to a new city, Tom Brady in the lights of Vegas, hell they'll give him an "Aces High" Sam Rothstein style show. Gruden never really liked Carr, they can pick up Brady and draft a young QB to sit under him for a season or 2.

Now would Brady want to go to that shit show? I doubt it but maybe there's a TB24 complex opening there or something?

#21159 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Yes.
His three-year contract with CBS expires this spring.

They about to pay him more to be up in the booth than he ever got on the field! He's gonna get around 10million a year on the new deal and more if he makes it to Sunday afternoon games..

#21160 4 years ago

Brady could go out like Aikman with Super Bowl rings intact, but without the offensive line he once had and get the shit kicked out of him every game for the remainder and then land himself a cush job as a babbling idiot in the broadcast booth at Fox.

#21161 4 years ago

Brady should retire as a Patriot period

#21162 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Brady should retire as a Patriot period

I agree. And then the Bills and Dolphins will help expedite matters.

#21163 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I agree, Brady is done and he needs to ride off into the sunset while hes still on top. You can see his skills diminishing, its seriously time to go and he has nothing left to prove anyways.

#21164 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Shit, then all of a sudden people would start wearing Raiders’ Starter gear like they used to. Maybe another N.W.A. album sporting the Raiders parkas? (Well, minus a few members)

#21165 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Brady could go out like Aikman with Super Bowl rings intact, but without the offensive line he once had and get the shit kicked out of him every game for the remainder and then land himself a cush job as a babbling idiot in the broadcast booth at Fox.

Brady can spin boring platitudes for hours, he’d be a perfect replacement for Aikman. Of course you’d hope the networks see the light and try to find a few more like Romo that actually bring a bit of intelligence and charisma to the job. But the colorless “color man” seems to have led the NFL to great success over the years, so maybe they’ve learned not to overestimate their audience.

#21166 4 years ago

I just don't think it's possible and I think Brady knows he can't do color; he's so fucking boring. Aikman is at least a hayseed, which long has a roll in sports work telling us very "ah shucks-ily" that that guys is "a heck of a football player."
Brady has 0 charisma and can't read a line to save his fucking life; in case you missed the hulu commerical; uff.

#21167 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Brady can spin boring platitudes for hours, he’d be a perfect replacement for Aikman. Of course you’d hope the networks see the light and try to find a few more like Romo that actually bring a bit of intelligence and charisma to the job.

It was funny at the end of halftime both Buck and Aikman were flailing their hands while they were talking. We determined hand flailers do that because they realize nobody is paying attention to what they are saying and they think that might get them some.

#21168 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Brady can spin boring platitudes for hours, he’d be a perfect replacement for Aikman. Of course you’d hope the networks see the light and try to find a few more like Romo that actually bring a bit of intelligence and charisma to the job. Of course the colorless “color man” seems to have led the NFL to great success over the years, so maybe they’ve learned not to overestimate their audience.

Spot on. I could barely stand to listen to Nantz before Romo came along. He's perfect for golf, but just a little too calm of a voice to bring excitement to a game. Romo has made them my favorite crew in football. I really didn't know what to expect from Romo when he started, but he's easily the best color guy in the business right now.

Those types of personalities seem like they'd be tough to find. Peyton comes to mind, but he doesn't seem to have any trouble finding other, less demanding work

#21169 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Raiders need a lot more then Brady to fill seats..I hope that he goes there, so my defending champs can smash him in the ground 2x a year!!!

#21170 4 years ago

The Raiders are going to the money and betting capital of the world in Las Vegas. They will buy themselves a super bowl before long you’ll see. Just like the Las Vegas Knights in the NHL, I think they won the Stanley Cup in either their first or second year in Vegas.

#21171 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I hope that he goes there, so my defending champs can smash him in the ground 2x a year!!!

Geeze, and I thought Patriots fans were insufferable...

#21172 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Geeze, and I thought Patriots fans were insufferable...

Look at the chiefs record vs their division the last 4-5 years..chiefs have an impressive record against the west-facts! I can see this continuing for a bit: they will have tough decisions to make when it comes to the cap..

#21173 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just like the Las Vegas Knights in the NHL, I think they won the Stanley Cup in either their first or second year in Vegas.

Impressive start, but no Stanley Cup!!

#21174 4 years ago

The Knights also had the benefit of an expansion draft. The Raiders packed up their own shitty team and are bringing it with them.

#21175 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Knights also had the benefit of an expansion draft. The Raiders packed up their own shitty team and are bringing it with them.

Yeah I think sports learned from the awful expansion of the NFL back in the 70s, with the Seahwaks and particularly the Tampa Bay bucs being horrific, and it's set up nowadays for teams to be more competitive earlier. Both the Panthers and Jags had playoff success early.

#21176 4 years ago

#21177 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Aikman is at least a hayseed, which long has a roll in sports work telling us very "ah shucks-ily" that that guys is "a heck of a football player."

America does love a good hayseed. Payton Manning is smart, quick on his feet, and even pretty funny, all of which would seem to scuttle his chances of getting hired. But he still has that Louisiana drawl, so maybe they'd look past his inability to play dumb and boring and give him a chance in the booth anyway.

Of course the way things go, we're more likely to end up with Eli.

#21178 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course the way things go, we're more likely to end up with Eli.

Eli is a perfect Aikman type that can do fine. Payton on the other hand, is waiting to see if Brady is going to do it so he can jump in and crush him out of revenge/spite. He would probably wait for a big gig, Monday night, Sunday night etc.

#21179 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Eli is a perfect Aikman type that can do fine.

But does Eli have big, oversized hands that he waves around when nobody is paying any attention to what he is saying?

#21180 4 years ago

I seriously don't know how much longer I can take looking at the fucking post apocalyptic wolf/gopher in here...it's really starting to get to me.

#21181 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Jay-Z and Beyonce refuse to stand for the National Anthem. These two people are disgusting pieces of sh*t. The NFL is paying Jay-Z millions of dollars right now. If they dont fire this asshole I'm going to be pissed. Definitely will be writing a letter to the league office in the next couple of days raising hell about this.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874383-tmz-video-shows-jay-z-beyonce-sitting-during-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-54

How about posting a copy of your letter to the league office? If you didn't send it yet post your first draft here, maybe we can help you workshop it.

#21182 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How about posting a copy of your letter to the league office? If you didn't sent it yet post your first draft here, maybe we can help you workshop it.

Jay Z is an ungrateful pos!

#21183 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Jay-Z and Beyonce refuse to stand for the National Anthem. These two people are disgusting pieces of sh*t. The NFL is paying Jay-Z millions of dollars right now. If they dont fire this asshole I'm going to be pissed. Definitely will be writing a letter to the league office in the next couple of days raising hell about this.

I just told my wife “hey did you know Jay-Z and Beyoncé sat during the National Anthem and she said “ yes I mentioned that during the game”. I said “ you did I don’t even remember” so I asked what did I say , and my daughter answers with “ you said they were pieces of shit”. Lol

#21184 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just like the Las Vegas Knights in the NHL, I think they won the Stanley Cup in either their first or second year in Vegas.

No cup. The Caps made sure of that.

#21185 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah, everyone knows that you're supposed to pretend to be orchestrating a band and pointing at people during the Anthem. You know, like a five year old, or the current POTUS, take your pick.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-national-anthem-video-super-bowl/#

#21186 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I seriously don't know how much longer I can take looking at the fucking post apocalyptic wolf/gopher in here...it's really starting to get to me.

I just want to be your friend.

#21187 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ungrateful to who? He is a self made man. You can’t deny his American success story can you? Or did you really mean to say uppity pos? Why do people get so triggered and meltdown over a black person sitting during the national anthem during what should be a non military football game? I personally would never sit during the anthem, but why should I get all worked over someone else not standing. That’s none of my business, as long as they don’t try to force me to sit.

#21188 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just want to be your friend.

Hey Levi,

I see your avatar is a pic of Splinter from the lcd screen on the upcoming Stern TMNT pin. Looks almost as good as the JP workers with their hard hats. How did you get an early look at that?

#21189 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

the upcoming Stern TMNT pin.

Great thing about this hobby is all the options. Like the option not to get excited about or buy something that sounds like it is really going to suck.

#21190 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from BillySastard:

you're supposed to pretend to be orchestrating a band and pointing at people during the Anthem. You know, like a five year old, or the current POTUS

Ungrateful POTUS.

#21191 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Great thing about this hobby is all the options. Like the option not to get excited about or buy something that sounds like it is really going to suck.

Well, I for one am looking forward to seeing the turtle bash toy. I’m hearing that it already has a nickname from the design team. Pineapple anus.

#21192 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ungrateful to who? He is a self made man. You can’t deny his American success story can you? Or did you really mean to say uppity pos? Why do people get so triggered and meltdown over a black person sitting during the national anthem during what should be a non military football game? I personally would never sit during the anthem, but why should I get all worked over someone else not standing. That’s none of my business, as long as they don’t try to force me to sit.

Yeah your right I meant to say uppity black man,you got me I'm a racist privileged white man!

#21193 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How about posting a copy of your letter to the league office? If you didn't sent it yet post your first draft here, maybe we can help you workshop it.

Yeah ok I will do that just for you.

#21194 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, I for one am looking forward to seeing the turtle bash toy. I’m hearing that it already has a nickname from the design team. Pineapple anus.

I was hoping they might go with something a little more relevant.
vlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).png

#21195 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah ok I will do that just for you.

Good call, with the brain trust in this thread on the case I’m sure your letter will have Jay-Z fired in no time.

In other news, it apparently wasn’t even a protest move on his part, but I’m sure you can address that in your letter too:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jay-z-explains-seated-super-bowl-national-anthem

#21196 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In other news, it apparently wasn’t even a protest move on his part, but I’m sure you can address that in your letter too:

First of all he is a liar and second, even if hes telling the truth he is still a piece of sh*t for not standing because there is NOTHING any more important than showing your respect for this country and our veterans. Too bad some pissed off patriot didn’t knock his ass out!

#21197 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all he is a liar and second, even if hes telling the truth he is still a piece of sh*t for not standing because there is NOTHING any more important than showing your respect for this country and our veterans. Too bad some pissed off patriot didn’t knock his ass out!

There are many many things more important than that. Like how do they get that soft flowing caramel INSIDE a caramilk bar. (Mind blown) i can think of more if ya need!

And by pissed off patriot do you mean some white privileged drunk piece of shit who has no idea what it's like to be black and living in America? History shows they dealt with some serious shit there.. and still do. Save your stupid rant. You're not winning anyone over in this one

#21198 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There are many many things more important than that. Like how do they get that soft flowing caramel INSIDE a caramilk bar. (Mind blown) i can think of more if ya need!
And by pissed off patriot do you mean some white privileged drunk piece of shit who has no idea what it's like to be black and living in America? History shows they dealt with some serious shit there.. and still do. Save your stupid rant. You're not winning anyone over in this one

Who Dey is right,you are wrong
and your prime minister is a racist that wears black face and brown face.
This is from a Canadian who’s black population is a big 2.5% Wow so inclusive

#21199 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Post the letter!

Post the letter!

Post the letter!

(Also, I cant believe you’re wishing for physical violence in this scenario when your advice to Sandy Hook parents who were mocked on-air by Alex Jones was to just brush it off. WTF dude?)

#21200 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

... because there is NOTHING any more important than showing your respect for this country and our veterans.

Bwhaaha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/424 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.