carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 1,515.
#21051 4 years ago

Maybe...maybe not. He would rise the talent level anywhere he could go.

#21052 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

"Beat them up"? 49ers nearly beat them, on the road. 20-17 is not a beatdown...

Nearly beat them? 49ers scored *3* points in the second half... and only 1 drive of any significance. They sat and watched as the Ravens denied them anything while the vaunted 49er defense couldn't get off the field in the 4th quarter.

The vaunted 49ers defensive front was SILENCED in that game. Nick Bosa, Rookie DPOY.. ONE tackle. The entire team had *two* QB hits the entire game. They had the best record in football... until then.

Yes, that's a beatdown shutdown on the 49ers defense.

#21053 4 years ago

Great game.

I just hope both teams had fun.

#21054 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Nearly beat them? 49ers scored *3* points in the second half... and only 1 drive of any significance. They sat and watched as the Ravens denied them anything while the vaunted 49er defense couldn't get off the field in the 4th quarter.
The vaunted 49ers defensive front was SILENCED in that game. Nick Bosa, Rookie DPOY.. ONE tackle. The entire team had *two* QB hits the entire game. They had the best record in football... until then.
Yes, that's a beatdown shutdown on the 49ers defense.

You're really good arguing on the internet.. but they're the chiefs...not ravens! and Rondogg, aren't both teams on the road? It was in Miami can't wait til next season but any baseball fans in here?? Go Bluejays!

#21055 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You're really good arguing on the internet.. but they're the chiefs...not ravens! and Rondogg, aren't both teams on the road? It was in Miami can't wait til next season but any baseball fans in here?? Go Bluejays!

We were discussing the regular season SF at Baltimore game.

#21056 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ehh.. read the posts. Requirement #1

#21057 4 years ago

Hey since Dirtbag is gone are we free to discuss the commercials and the announcing?

The announcing sucked pretty hard. It was just dull and bland. And how come nobody noted that head to head hit when Jimmy was obliterated on a hit early in the game? And the fact that he was grabbing his helmet directly after? Both are signs of a concussions and I was shocked he wasn’t called into protocol, nor did the announcers say anything about it.

And the commercials, hey there were some good ones. I liked trump and Bloomberg’s dueling “black folks love me” ads, and the bill Murray Groundhog Day ad was great. The Doritos one with Sam Neil’s mustache was good. The trend of just throwing 20 celebs and 20 different brands together for an ad for...something...was a little annoying.

Nice to see Wesley snipes back in a high profile something, that stupid planters ad that supposedly was going to be canceled for Kobe (what the fuck? We weren’t supposed to mention death anymore? Well I guess the ban is over). I highly recommend the new Eddie Murphy movie on Netflix , it was hilarious and snipes was amazing in it.

#21058 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Hey since Dirtbag is gone are we free to discuss the commercials and the announcing?
The announcing sucked pretty hard. It was just dull and bland. And how come nobody noted that head to head hit when Jimmy was obliterated on a hit early in the game? And the fact that he was grabbing his helmet directly after? Both are signs of a concussions and I was shocked he wasn’t called into protocol, nor did the announcers say anything about it.

yeah, they really wanted the refs out of this game.

Plenty of head hits on the QBs that would have been fouls all season long were not called. Cutback blocks.. blocking while the ball is in the air, etc.

There were only 4 penalties called all game that were not pre-snap penalties. One defensive PI, one offensive PI, one man downfield, and one offensive holding.

#21059 4 years ago

The coach is a moron. You get an INT up by 10 with under 7 to go... RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy was terrible the entire game, batted down balls at the line, RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then KC scores, 49ers run the kick out of the END ZONE... WHAT???????????

Then the coach has a chance to redeem himself, rest your defense, and try to pick up 1st down by RUNNING THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!

NOPE!

Make the Chiefs use their timeouts by RUNNING THE BALL!!!!!!!!

Nope that didn't happen just put your defense right back on the field.

This coach has now blown two Super Bowls with big leads. OMG!

#21060 4 years ago

Yeah, we couldn't understand why SF kept running the ball out of the end zone. I though rule-of-thumb was that if the ball's going to hit inside the 5yd line, let it go.

#21061 4 years ago

Chiefs special teams were awesome all night and deserve a small chunk of that mvp award. Kickoffs, punts, and especially FG and extra points.

#21062 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That kid is gonna be a monster in this league for a long long time if he stays healthy.

I am hoping he will be the nemesis to the rest of the AFC West as John Elway was to the Chiefs all of those years. I can't even begin to count all of the times he came back to beat us late in the 4th Quarter. Then he retires, and Manning picks us apart a decade or so later. If we can keep the kid healthy and surrounded by a good cast...we should be in the winning column for a few years.

#21063 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Chiefs special teams were awesome all night and deserve a small chunk of that mvp award. Kickoffs, punts, and especially FG and extra points.

Agree 100%

#21064 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Plenty of head hits on the QBs that would have been fouls all season long were not called. Cutback blocks.. blocking while the ball is in the air, etc.
There were only 4 penalties called all game that were not pre-snap penalties. One defensive PI, one offensive PI, one man downfield, and one offensive holding.

I was reading an article earlier on some San Fran site that was blaming the refs for the loss. I don’t know about all of that. KC just lit it up late in the game.

#21065 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The announcing sucked pretty hard.

That was the highlite of halftime. Real artists performing and Aikman and Buck keeping their pie holes shut for almost an entire half hour.

#21066 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Especially Kick coverage..

One could argue 'they didn't make an impact' - but that's exactly what you want.. to neutralize any returns. They made some great tackles and were on it for every coverage.

#21067 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was reading an article earlier on some San Fran site that was blaming the refs for the loss. I don’t know about all of that. KC just lit it up late in the game.

Of course they would.. over the Kittle Offensive PI. But the play was pretty obvious.

#21068 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was the highlite of halftime. Real artists performing and Aikman and Buck keeping their pie holes shut for almost an entire half hour.

I think Troy and Joe do a good job.
Just who would you put in their place?

#21069 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think Troy and Joe do a good job.
Just who would you put in their place?

Kevin Harlan and Tony Romo

#21070 4 years ago

This thread is awesome!

F477089E-6F46-4A99-82FF-CA299BA056C4 (resized).jpegF477089E-6F46-4A99-82FF-CA299BA056C4 (resized).jpeg
#21071 4 years ago

The refs were absolutely horrible the whole game. Count up the bad - and non - calls and more of them went against the Niners.

The most egregious - besides multiple KC personal fouls NOT called against Jimmy - is the play clock expiring. The Niners were inexplicably shortchanged one play with under 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl. Fucking unreal.

Congrats to the Chiefs. Niners will be back, and Jimmy G will lead the way. He way outplayed Mahomes until his coach decided to shit the bed.

#21072 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Don’t you just love it when snowflakes drink too much and get “triggered” by the rich black people, to the point of threatening to write a letter demanding they get fired. #cancel culture

Lol! So true.

Write a letter! It’ll be read by some white shoe lawyer on behalf of some draft dodging billionaires who probably don’t have one son or daughter that ever served.

#21073 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The most egregious - besides multiple KC personal fouls NOT called against Jimmy - is the play clock expiring. The Niners were inexplicably shortchanged one play with under 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl. Fucking unreal.

They literally showed replays of SF letting the play clock expire, but the refs not calling it. Any actual examples of egregious personal fouls you want to post?

#21074 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

They literally showed replays of SF letting the play clock expire, but the refs not calling it. Any actual examples of egregious personal fouls you want to post?

This happens in EVERY SINGLE NFL game.

it's always a half second or so before the refs blow the whistle. This is accepted practice.

And besides, if they had "gotten" that call it would have been 4th and 15 and they'd just have beefed it again.

I don't think you can accuse the refs' "Bad officiating" of going against you when they MISSED a call against your team and they failed to take advantage of it.

#21075 4 years ago

Last photo from me about this season..still on an emotional high..obviously the 1st (n hopefully not the last time) championship I seen my team finally win. Guess that you can say that Sunday was good to me!

4C9BED32-054C-4DCC-AECC-C880E8A3FA9B (resized).jpeg4C9BED32-054C-4DCC-AECC-C880E8A3FA9B (resized).jpeg
#21076 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This happens in EVERY SINGLE NFL game.
it's always a half second or so before the refs blow the whistle. This is accepted practice.
And besides, if they had "gotten" that call it would have been 4th and 15 and they'd just have beefed it again.
I don't think you can accuse the refs' "Bad officiating" of going against you when they MISSED a call against your team.

The ref watches the play clock. If it hits 0, they check to see if the ball has been snapped. If not, it's a delay of game.

It works well, since when the clock hits 0 there's technically still .9 seconds left.

The only call I can remember was the one where SF was not penalized on a late snap. They got a break, except they didn't execute the play. To say they should have been penalized so the play didn't happen? Well that's getting into some quantum territory to try to explain a loss.

#21077 4 years ago

In my honest opinion if the niners managed to score more points than the Chiefs they would have had a very good chance at winning.

#21078 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

In my honest opinion if the niners managed to score more points than the Chiefs they would have had a very good chance at winning.

Lmao, good stuff

#21079 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Your moaning that a penalty didnt get called against your team... because you didnt get the free do-over on your failed play?

Thats not how this works... thats not how any of this works...

#21080 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

The entire state of Kansas will be celebrating today!

Kansas City is in both states like St Louis, Texarkana, Memphis to name a few other cities that straddle state lines.

#21081 4 years ago

Offense wins championships! Gotta outscore the other team.

It was game over when Chiefs converted that 3rd and 15 to Hill. Niners folded.

What's up Flanker!!!

#21082 4 years ago

Zone defense really hurt SF whenever Mahomes escaped the pocket.

#21083 4 years ago

Flanker, where ya been? You get a 250 floor highrise to paint by yourself? Miss your humor!

#21084 4 years ago

Woweeeee! What a game. I was a bit worried in the 4th at that last interception, not gonna lie. Then Patrick pulled out that magic. Such a crazy feeling having your team with after a lifetime (for me) of never seeing them in this game.

#21085 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Woweeeee! What a game. I was a bit worried in the 4th at that last interception, not gonna lie. Then Patrick pulled out that magic. Such a crazy feeling having your team with after a lifetime (for me) of never seeing them in this game.

Enjoy it brother they earned the hardware.

#21086 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It works well, since when the clock hits 0 there's technically still .9 seconds left.

This seems very strange. Does the play clock start at 40 and flip to 39 after .1 seconds?

#21087 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Kansas City is in both states like St Louis, Texarkana, Memphis to name a few other cities that straddle state lines.

We all know what the great idiot was doing when he wrote the tweet...

#21088 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If there is any common sense at ESPN... they will reboot MNF hard after this season. What a joke.

#21089 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Memphis is in TN. West Memphis is AR. Don't saddle us with another shithole!

#21090 4 years ago

Fun 4th quarter the watch. Not so much before that.

People complaining about no calls, missed calls, etc.... That game really comes down to 1 play: the 3rd down touchdown pass to D. Williams that could have gone either way, with that right foot out of bounds. They did the right thing sticking with the call, but if he'd ended up short, maybe KC kicks the field goal to tie, JG doesn't end up in the pressure cooker of a drive needed to win or lose the game, and the whole thing could have been very different.... As they say, it's a game of inches.

In the 4th, the chiefs finally figured out San Fran's passing game.... Which largely consists of 7-10 yard inside slants and nothing else.... Started jumping routes and getting their hands up at the line. Once they were in a position where they likely HAD to pass, that scheme became super exposed and the niners didn't show the ability to do much else.

#21091 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Fun 4th quarter the watch. Not so much before that.
People complaining about no calls, missed calls, etc.... That game really comes down to 1 play: the 3rd down touchdown pass to D. Williams that could have gone either way, with that right foot out of bounds.

That was a GREAT call by the refs. In replay it was clear that the first frame where his foot was touching the line, the nose of the ball was also kissing the goal line.

Even if they had been called an inch short, they likely would have gotten the TD. 49ers seemed to have no answer to the read option, it worked every time KC called it.

It really was a very well officiated Super Bowl. My previous reference to the helmet to helmet was the announcers missing it - and they had the benefit of replay. Dude took a clear helmet to helmet slam and immediately grabbed his helmet. That's concussion protocol 101 and nobody seemed to notice or care in the booth or upstairs.

#21092 4 years ago

Man I've never heard so much crying and bellyaching in my life I dont think. I'm going to tell you EXACTLY what happened. The 49rs thought that they had the game won and got all cocky and they started their super bowl celebration a little too early and Mahomes busted their asses! Gotta love it!

#21093 4 years ago

This was such a great superbowl to watch... the balance was superb!

1. few to no injuries (at least that I noticed)
2. few to no flags (just let them play in the final game!)
3. turnovers rather than 6-7 touchdowns per team
4. great special teams on both sides. SMOTHERING kickoff D on both sides
5. both QBs had some STELLAR throws, but neither QB played their best game, both had some errant throws...
6. lots of 10 yard gains that were fun to watch
7. low 3rd down conversion rates (both D's were very good)
8. fewer than average possessions 10 per team instead of 12. (again very good D both sides)
9. no fighting
10. refs didn't impact the outcome with any egregious mistakes
11. no other-team recovered fumbles (but 4 forced fumbles)
12. great field conditions (can't blame water or ice for dropping balls, etc)
13. mostly caught balls rather than a drop-a-thon
14. great FG/PATs kicks from both fellas, they were NAILED down the middle on both sides.
15. a few going-for-it's on 4th down...

(I'll add more later I'm sure)

I mean this was ... way beyond an average game, it was a GREAT game. It won't go down as a top-10 super-bowl BECAUSE it wasn't a last-play with 00:00 game, but it SURE WAS until about 2:00 on the clock... some pretty bad INTs on both sides.

As a non-niner and non-chiefs fan, I was rooting for DOUBLE overtime, I felt like neither team deserved the win until the last 2 minutes of the game, and then it felt more like a KC win with that walk-off TD to make it 31-20... but not before. I wish that scoring play had never happened. 24-20 tells the story of the game much better. 44 points is a great total points scored for a super bowl that had very good D and some good offense.

-mof

#21094 4 years ago
71A3C657-4C06-46DB-A218-036144B905EB (resized).jpeg71A3C657-4C06-46DB-A218-036144B905EB (resized).jpeg
#21095 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man I've never heard so much crying and bellyaching in my life I dont think.

Calling BS on this as I KNOW ive seen you in the Stranger Things thread.

Joking, but you have a point, I dont understand teams changing their entire game plan just because they have the lead. It was a meltdown for sure, reminds me a little bit of this.

0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg
#21096 4 years ago

On a side note, I heard on the radio Mahomes cost people millions of dollars taking 10 yard plus kneel downs at the end, LOL!

#21097 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Buck has hated the Chiefs for a long time. Not sure why, but it was so bad last year, they took up a petition to keep him off of the AFC Championship game. Even though there is a delay, I still turn off the TV sound and listen to Mitch Holthous on the Chiefs network.

#21098 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

On a side note, I heard on the radio Mahomes cost people millions of dollars taking 10 yard plus kneel downs at the end, LOL!

This is a true thing...I work in the industry, and there are a lot of folks crying over this. Just like the 49ers, they had it in their pocket and were counting the winnings when it all disappeared at the last minute.

Mahomes rushing was one of the most popular bets for the Superbowl. The line moved all week out to 36 yards, and most people took the 'over'. Mahomes had 44 yards before he walked back 15 of them during those last snaps. He ended with less than 30, and in a blink made the casinos and bookies a shitload of money. lol

#21099 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Calling BS on this as I KNOW ive seen you in the Stranger Things thread.
Joking, but you have a point, I dont understand teams changing their entire game plan just because they have the lead. It was a meltdown for sure, reminds me a little bit of this.[quoted image]

Know what's funny about that? Shanahan was the OC for ATL in that game.

#21100 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Buck has hated the Chiefs for a long time. Not sure why, but it was so bad last year, they took up a petition to keep him off of the AFC Championship game. Even though there is a delay, I still turn off the TV sound and listen to Mitch Holthous on the Chiefs network.

He gets that from every team's fans. The only real bias I see in the booth is from Aikman.

I didnt read Buck's book, but I heard he has a line in the very beginning along the lines of:

"I only hate one team: yours"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/422?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.