pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 1,514.
#2051 10 years ago

The 49'ers have become a classless organization from being one of the classiest. A blowhard arrogant coach. A thug for a qb who kisses his scrawny arms. You're a QB, a leader, don't do some ridiculous TD celebration. Leave that shit to the others. It was a bad display by Carolina and a bad one by San Fran as well. They play like that going forward and they are going to get bounced.

#2052 10 years ago

And the denial starts. Let me see my score.

9ers win - my pic was correct.
People whining after the 49ers win - I called that too.

#2053 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

And the denial starts. Let me see my score.
9ers win - my pic was correct.
People whining after the 49ers win - I called that too.

I'm not whining. I could care less who won that game. I said kaepernick was a thug earlier and he is.

#2054 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not whining. I could care less who won that game. I said kaepernick was a thug earlier and he is.

You don't care because your team is out of the playoffs? How is Colin a thug and Cam isn't?

Great 2nd game coming up.

#2055 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You don't care because your team is out of the playoffs? How is Colin a thug and Cam isn't?
Great 2nd game coming up.

I'm from ny. You think I care about Carolina? No kaepernick is a tatted up thug who was probably knocking over 7-11's before playing football.

P.s. I don't actually think that but annoying 49ers fans (and patriot fans) is fun.

#2056 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm from ny. You think I care about Carolina? No kaepernick is a tatted up thug who was probably knocking over 7-11's before playing football.
P.s. I don't actually think that but annoying 49ers fans (and patriot fans) is fun.

I hear ya. I am annoyed by delusional Bears fans, prick Cowboys fans, and violent Eagles fans (a buddy got a battery to the back of the head at an Eagles game)

Manning vs Brady will be fun to see again.

#2057 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

and violent Eagles fans (a buddy got a battery to the back of the head at an Eagles game)

That is just one example of many over the years, and points out why so many people are quite content when the Eagles have a bad season or lose important games.
Sure doesn't help the image of Philadephia.

#2058 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

That is just one example of many over the years, and points out why so many people are quite content when the Eagles have a bad season or lose important games.
Sure doesn't help the image of Philadephia.

Example? Was a comedy buddy I worked with. Let's not forget the beer thrown at him too. This wasn't in any paper or TV show. I do recall some YouTube clip of Eagles fans doing something, this wasn't it.

#2059 10 years ago

I honestly can't imagine going to an away NFL game anywhere these days. Big crowds of drunk people are nasty everywhere. How many post game stabbings did we have this year?

#2060 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The 49'ers have become a classless organization from being one of the classiest. A blowhard arrogant coach. A thug for a qb who kisses his scrawny arms. You're a QB, a leader, don't do some ridiculous TD celebration. Leave that shit to the others. It was a bad display by Carolina and a bad one by San Fran as well. They play like that going forward and they are going to get bounced.

+1
Bring back Montana. Kaepernick is punk who really needs to learn to wear his hat properly.

#2061 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

That is just one example of many over the years, and points out why so many people are quite content when the Eagles have a bad season or lose important games.Sure doesn't help the image of Philadephia.

Thats because the entire city sucks, and I'm a fan born and raised near philly. I know a lot of philly boxers and HATE driving in that city. I lock the doors and cover as much skin as possible when i get withing 30 miles of the city. It tells you something when they have a courthouse and judge ready in the stadium during games.

I enjoyed the highlights of Dan Dierdorf they showed yesterday while he was announcing. Defense was allowed to club offensive linemen in the head back in the day. They showed him taking a couple shots that rattled my brain 20 years later. Ronnie lott and jack tatum would have been penalized on every hit.

#2062 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

+1Bring back Montana. Kaepernick is punk who really needs to learn to wear his hat properly.

I was a little put off by his throwing his arms up like he was shot after the defense leapt off sides and barely touched him. Almost like a fake charge in basketball. Looking for a bigger penalty.
Also, someone tell san diego receivers to stop posing in the end zone, they are not ahead yet.

#2063 10 years ago

3rd and 17…..you blew it SD

#2064 10 years ago

Divisional Round Predict results

Centerflank 4/4
Erik 2/4
Tilt-Master 2/4
Iceman 3/4
Eskaybee 2/4
Keebler 3/4
Slugmeister 3/4
Vex 2/4
Gambit 3/4
RobT 1/4
Dude Abides 4/4

RobT finishes last after winning last week, Dude Abides ties me for the win getting them all correct but gets a minus 1 for Trolling my fellow NFL enthusiasts, plus he just copied my picks anyways.

Conference Championship round

Ill take @Seahawks over the 49ers and @Denver over the Pats

#2065 10 years ago

I'll take San Fran over Seattle and New England over Denver

#2066 10 years ago

Seattle and New England

#2067 10 years ago

Nice job Flanker!

I'm on the Seahawks and Denver as well!

These are going to be great games to watch. Can't wait to see Niners get dumped and Belichek cry again

#2068 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

What are you going on about?

#2069 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I kinda like the fact my QB is a thug (no clue as to wtf you're going on about, but no care either). Have you taken a look at linebackers and defense linemen lately?

#2070 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I kinda like the fact my QB is a thug (no clue as to wtf you're going on about, but no care either). Have you taken a look at linebackers and defense linemen lately?

I love my team and QB but he can straighten the cap. He is the face of the team and leader. He should clean it up but if he doesn't, oh well.

#2071 10 years ago

well played centerflank! i made 255$ on the game, manning taking the knee saved me in the end. football transcends so well for betting.

seattle wins

denver wins

#2072 10 years ago

I believe that we all can agree the 49ers fah king suck fat cLock.
I'm rooting for whoever plays those pieces of shiite.

#2073 10 years ago

What did I miss? When did the 49ers become such bad guys?

#2074 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

RobT finishes last after winning last week

All of my picks were based on who I *wanted* to win, not who I thought would win, just like last weeks picks.

I think the Seahawks are in trouble. Their passing offense is almost non-existent.

49ers are peaking. After watching that game today, though, I can tell you that I will *never* pull for this team to win anything ever again. I've never seen such a horrible display of sportsmanship and downright dickhead crap in a long time. And I've enjoyed watching them continually improve over the last 3 years, but this was ridiculous.

#2075 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've never seen such a horrible display of sportsmanship and downright dickhead crap in a long time.

A. Boldin, full on DBag by the way, should have been flagged for that headbutt as they threw a flag on the Panther defender for an even less intentional headbutt

#2076 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

A. Boldin, full on DBag by the way, should have been flagged for that headbutt as they threw a flag on the Panther defender for an even less intentional headbutt

For real? Let them play. It's the NFL. Me senses a widdy bitty bit of butt hurt...

And Kaep seems like a pretty good bloke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

How many athletes in any sport- let alone the NFL - graduate?

#2077 10 years ago

Let them play? Constantly jawing isnt playing. Aikman even mentioned how he was sick of watching it, its ghetto garbage right there.

They set the precedent by flagging the Panther defender then Boldin does it and is allowed. How is that letting them play?

#2078 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did you see the pats game? Holding leg trips etc. All no calls and it was so blatant the announcers were questioning things. The officiating is simply a joke. Going back to SD beating KC it has been a pretty terrible year of officiating.

#2079 10 years ago

You know who my all time favorite player was? This guy pictured below, never talked smack or acted like a jag hole after scoring a TD. Just played the game and is the best player ever to handle the rock.

Unknown-432.jpegUnknown-432.jpeg

images-481.jpegimages-481.jpeg

barry-sanders.jpgbarry-sanders.jpg

#2080 10 years ago

I am sorry you guys feel this badly towards the 49ers. To be honest, this is the worst I have seen them but I think the Panthers brought this out of them. I like clean, well played football but this game was an amazing win but the fighting was on both sides evenly.

#2081 10 years ago

Boldin's head butt was a bout 25% of the intensity of the one delivered on him. And it was probably in response to the jawing of the panthers, who were talking shit all game. Boldin was also mugged repeatedly in the first half. He's been huge this year. He's a target every game and he just keeps on performing. He's earned his cock of the walk behavior.

The Niners have played two games now against tough as nails opponents, in hostile environments in the eastern time zone. They have a game face. Whatever works man. They are NOT a cheap shot team. They've also been completely jobbed by the refs in some big situations the last two weeks. They actually got a few breaks today.

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at with this "ghetto garbage" comment. Does Clay Mathews get a pass because he's white?

#2082 10 years ago

Oh, and why aren't the packers penalized and players fined and/or suspended every time they do a Lambeau leap? I thought players going into the stands was verboten?

I agree that the "celebrating" is lame, but it's every damn team in the league and this isn't 1982 anymore. The league is different and the players are different. If you're complaining about this stuff - like my grandpa always did back in the 70's lol! - and yet still watch ESPN and play Fantasy Football and Madden 'XX, well son, you're part of the problem. Get over it.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade : Added Madden example

#2083 10 years ago

Oh, and why aren't the packers penalized and players fined and/suspended every time they do a Lambeau leap?

Little butt hurt are ya?

#2084 10 years ago

Butt hurt all the way to the NFC Championship game. Loves me some of that butt hurt baby.

#2085 10 years ago

Oh, and why aren't the packers penalized and players fined and/or suspended every time they do a Lambeau leap? I thought players going into the stands was verboten?

The Lambeau leap was grandfathered in. Any player in any stadium can do it.

The Pack is going to be a force next year, the Lions better get their sh!t together! C'mon over Wisenhunt

#2086 10 years ago

Loves me some of that butt hurt baby.

I take it you are in for the next camping trip?

#2087 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The Lambeau leap was grandfathered in. Any player in any stadium can do it.
The Pack is going to be a force next year, the Lions better get their sh!t together! C'mon over Wisenhunt

Doesn't mean it isn't poor sportsmanship. Walk the talk or STFU is basically my message here to any teams fans criticizing the sportsmanship of the 49ers. Suggesting that the Niners are worse than any other team is just nonsense.

#2088 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I take it you are in for the next camping trip?

If the camping trip is at MetLife stadium, yes.

#2089 10 years ago

It's amazing how Barry Sanders never blew his knees out with those ankle breaking cuts he made

#2090 10 years ago

Btw, who else besides me is just DIGGING these playoffs right now?

#2091 10 years ago

Even though the Chargers comeback fell short, they got farther this year than I ever expected. No shortage of effort on their part. Hats off to the Broncos! They were the better prepared team.

#2092 10 years ago

It was cool to see two ex-Bear teamates coaching against each other. I like Harbough and think his team played discipline football which is why they pulled it out in Carolina today. I just wish he'd tell his QB not to be a jackass and mock the other QB. Panthers D was awesome 1st half then imploded second half. Very passionate D. They will be good for awhile.

Hats off to P.Manning. Oh Mr. Irsay what were you saying? Go get your ring Peyton - you deserve it. QB's that actually run the offense - ala Jim Kelly and Dan Marino - so rare.

#2093 10 years ago

Yup let the whining/hating begin. Like you all drink a gallon of haterade and run through your excuses books to try and hate on a solid win. The Panthers were the ones that came out talking trash after every play and getting up in players grills the first two quarters. It was a good physical football game and I expect the same next week against Seattle. Panthers are a heck of a team I expect there will be some more big time games between them and the Niners in the years to come. Congrats to all the Bronco fans. Should be a fun weekend coming up for football fans.

#2094 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yup let the whining/hating begin

You started it years ago.

Unknown-124.jpegUnknown-124.jpeg

#2095 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And Kaepernick was an even bigger DBag the way that he mocked Cam Newton.

I can't believe that as a Cowboys fan that I was actually pulling for them to do well, even pulled for them in the SB last year. Won't make that mistake again. Bunch of jackass Dbags. I had no skin in this game either, I just wanted a good game and was slightly pulling for the Panthers just because I love Riverboat Ron Rivera and want to see him succeed.

Good lord, if the 49ers play the Pats in the SB (and there is a damn good chance that will happen), I won't be watching the game because one of those f*cking teams has to win.

#2096 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I won't be watching the game

I'll watch just to see the commercials! L0L

#2097 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And Kaepernick was an even bigger DBag the way that he mocked Cam Newton.
I can't believe that as a Cowboys fan that I was actually pulling for them to do well, even pulled for them in the SB last year. Won't make that mistake again. Bunch of jackass Dbags. I had no skin in this game either, I just wanted a good game and was slightly pulling for the Panthers just because I love Riverboat Ron Rivera and want to see him succeed.
Good lord, if the 49ers play the Pats in the SB (and there is a damn good chance that will happen), I won't be watching the game because one of those f*cking teams has to win.

Rob, outside of the "mocking" - and when your opponent is talking trash and trying to take your head off from the opening whistle, is this really such a heinous crime? - are you equally critical of something like "the Tebow"? Incidentally, i love the Lambeau leap, but it's excessive celebrating and even brings the fans into it....far worse than Kaepernick kissing the bible passage inked on his bicep.

I think people really just need to take a chill pill. At the end of the day, do we really care about this crap? Are we worried its setting a bad example for your children? What about the hits then? The fact that EVERY game there's a concussion and guys getting carried off the field from a brutal "use your body like a missile" hit? Sometimes a cheap shot but typically "just part of the game"?

These players put their health and long term well being on the line every time they step on the field. They do it in a "me, me, me" culture that glorifies and broadcasts every move they make on the field. They are young, largely under educated and oft-times the closest things they had for supervision in life was their football coach. And while they may be millionaires, the people who pay them (including the networks and corporate sponsors) are a helluva lot richer and more powerful than they are or ever will be. And you want to begrudge them their raw emotions because they can't "act like they been there before"? I think unless you've been there before yourself your opinion doesn't carry much weight...and "been there" in THIS NFL, not some George Halas, Paul Brown fantasy land where the players packed meat or sold insurance in the off season and the games weren't televised.

#2098 10 years ago

Did they put a micophone on Peyton or was there absolutely no crowd noise when Denver had the ball? You could hear everything he was calling out. I think the Chargers were called for 5 neutral zone infractions because of Peyton and his Omahas. I think the Pats will win next week. Brady always seems to beat Peyton but it will be a very good game.

#2099 10 years ago

And you want to begrudge them their raw emotions because they can't "act like they been there before"?

He's just very simply classless. If you're a fan of the 9ers, that's fine, but you must be able to see that he's a very unlikable person. While others may act in a similar way, I find kaepernick's actions egregious. I wish all players were like Larry Fitzgerald, that guy is as classy as they come. Hand the ball to the ref and head back to the sidelines.

I never try to get too wrapped up in rooting for individual players. Guys that may seem nice could be the biggest douches on the planet. Bottom line, these guys have been told they're the greatest since they were about 12 years old. They surround themselves with people on a payroll; when you go 20+ years with no one disagreeing with you, and no one putting you in your place, you're probably gonna become a douche. These are some of the most spoiled, and in many cases, dumbest people on the planet.

That said, when it comes to this weekend, my team is knocked out, who am I really pulling for? Peyton vs Brady?? That's easy. Wilson vs Kaepernick??? (that one would be even easier if Carroll wasn't involved..)

#2100 10 years ago

Seahawks vs Forty Whiners
Here are the facts:

The Seahawks have outscored San Francisco 71-16 in the last two meetings at CenturyLink Field. Not to mention, the Seahawks have won six straight playoff games at home (that's the top mark in the NFL right now).

GO HAWKS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.