nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 1,516.
#20601 4 years ago

There's practically no pass-rush anymore, right? They may as well just do a 7-7 flag football game or something. Maybe even against some retired players. I'm not even trying to be snarky, it would be just as entertaining.

Maybe have the big guys do something that's always funny for big guys to do... i don't know, knitting contests, pie eating contests, hula contests. Simulcast that during the game. Should be good for a laugh in between action.

#20602 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's practically no pass-rush anymore, right? They may as well just do a 7-7 flag football game or something. Maybe even against some retired players. I'm not even trying to be snarky, it would be just as entertaining.
Maybe have the big guys do something that's always funny for big guys to do... i don't know, knitting contests, pie eating contests, hula contests. Simulcast that during the game. Should be good for a laugh in between action.

Lineman sumo wrestling

#20603 4 years ago

Practically anything those guys do has the potential to be funny. Talent show, tricycle relay races, or maybe even their own game independent of the "skills players". The possibilities are endless.

#20604 4 years ago

There's practically no pass-rush anymore, right? They may as well just do a 7-7 flag football game or something

I'd be fine with it but even then players might be skeptic, ever since Robert Edwards.

#20605 4 years ago

we had guys from D3 schools playing at WR

Whitewater Jesus, represent!

Don't be too hard on yourself, as a lifelong Buccaneers fan, I always look forward to the offseason.

#20606 4 years ago

Skills comp is watchable and fun. I say expand on that. Endless possibilities.

#20607 4 years ago

Landry is epic.

#20608 4 years ago

Mr. Peanut when he learned of Dirtbaggs expulsion from the thread

dirtbagg66 (resized).jpgdirtbagg66 (resized).jpg
#20609 4 years ago

I just read where Antnio Brown got arrested for burglary. That CTE is making him do alot of crazy things.

#20610 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just read where Antnio Brown got arrested for burglary. That CTE is making him do alot of crazy things.

Something seriously wrong other than being an idiot, that he's got mental problems is a certainty, it's cause you may debate.

#20611 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Something seriously wrong other than being an idiot

Yup he’s a stupid idiot, thats worse than just being a regular idiot. Young people who dont have to work also tend to get into a lot trouble. He has way too much time on his hands.

#20612 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yup he’s a stupid idiot, thats worse than just being a regular idiot. Young people who dont have to work also tend to get into a lot trouble. He has way too much time on his hands.

Is 31 a “young person”? In NFL terms he’s almost retirement age.

#20613 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is 31 a “young person”? In NFL terms he’s almost retirement age.

Very young to have that much time on your hands and 50 million in your pocket, especially when you’re an uneducated moron.

#20614 4 years ago

31 may be old in certain parts of this world including some cities in the US.

#20615 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

31 may be old in certain parts of this world including some cities in the US.

31 is definitely way too old to act the way that he does. I think we can probably all agree with that right?

#20616 4 years ago

Granted he has had his moments in the NFL over his career but, his behavior over the past 2-3 seasons has grown dramatically more bizarre and is the best indication it's not just a mere character (idiocy) fault.

#20617 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Granted he has had his moments in the NFL over his career but, his behavior over the past 2-3 seasons has grown dramatically more bizarre and is the best indication it's not just a mere character (idiocy) fault.

I think when the Steelers got tired of his crap and sent him on his way everything fell apart from him.

#20618 4 years ago

I heard at the end of his Steelers career he was asking for cash advancements against his salary. Can't imagine he has a whole lot left after Shenanigan costs are tabulated.

#20619 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The guy really has a lot of problems....his behavior started going sideways with the Steelers. I highly doubt the guy has CTE (as a wide receiver). He's simply a spoiled brat whose a complete idiot, and thinks the world revolves around him....that being said if the NFL reinstates the guy he'll be playing for a minimum contract + incentives....in this pass happy league some desperate team will give him a shot.

#20620 4 years ago

As for the Pro Bowl, i'd love to see it converted into a futures-type game showcasing the best guys from the practice squads around the league. Guys fighting for a roster spot who would actually have something to play for. It would at least be a little more like a real football game.

#20621 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The guy really has a lot of problems....his behavior started going sideways with the Steelers. I highly doubt the guy has CTE (as a wide receiver). He's simply a spoiled brat whose a complete idiot, and thinks the world revolves around him....that being said if the NFL reinstates the guy he'll be playing for a minimum contract + incentives....in this pass happy league some desperate team will give him a shot.

You must not of seen the Burfict hit, knocked out cold!

#20622 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not saying he doesn't, but its unlikely for a WR.....I think his behavior issues are simply stupidity .... he thinks the world revolves around himself

#20623 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hey, are you questioning PTowns’s expert opinion? If he says wide receivers don’t get CTE then they don’t get CTE. He played division 1 football so he would know. Wide receivers never get hit in the head, it’s not allowed.

#20624 4 years ago

Kareem Hunt was pulled over and ticketed for speeding, the officers also found small amounts (3) of pot. Time for the NFL to step up and NOT penalize players for minor pot infractions. Minor meaning oz. or less in their possession.

#20625 4 years ago

It'll be gone in the next CBA, but since everyone already knows that they should just eliminate it now.

#20626 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

the officers also found small amounts (3) of pot.

3 of pot, that guy is screwed.

But I agree, the NFL should not be in the business of policing "recreational" drug use. Let law enforcement handle it, or individual teams if it's negatively affecting job performance. The league should only be concerned with PE drugs, which are a form cheating.

#20627 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

3 of pot, that guy is screwed.

No I was lazy in explanation of that number 3, they found small amounts of pot in 3 different places in his backpack.

#20628 4 years ago

How is the number of places in his backpack news? Oh right, they like to hit the black man up with intent to distribute. Thank God they are legalizing this shit everywhere, so dumb. Civil fine been working fine here for 50 years or some shit

#20629 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hiw is the number of places in his backpack news?

No clue and the article does not say it was 10grams or any amount description other than small amounts in 3 different locations. My first reaction to it was if you didn't ticket him why publicize it?, then I thought sensationalism and smearing are likely why.

#20630 4 years ago

Antonio Brown is a fucked up mess!I don’t think the hits he received playing football caused the problems that he has.And smoking weed all the time is making it worse!He need to get sober and grounded back to reality.As for as he got the way he is,you can probably look back at his role models or lack there of to see how he got this way.The weed alcohol and other shit he’s doing is just making it worse.

#20631 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Antonio Brown is a fucked up mess!I don’t think the hits he received playing football caused the problems that he has.And smoking weed all the time is making it worse!He need to get sober and grounded back to reality.As for as he got the way he is,you can probably look back at his role models or lack there of to see how he got this way.The weed alcohol and other shit he’s doing is just making it worse.

I hope he watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary.

#20632 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yeah no shit!

#20633 4 years ago

AB is making TO's antics back in the day seem intelligent and measured.

#20634 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If he did, he was likely thinking "so THAT's how I get a documentary".

#20635 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

AB is making TO's antics back in the day seem intelligent and measured.

TO was a gamer, and never quit on his team mates....AB is selfish, narcissistic shit show

#20636 4 years ago

I take a few days off from the thread, I miss dirtbag getting permanently ejected; a bunch of mental health medical analysis, CTE debate, etc. Man, it’s going to be another long week before there’s any football played.

At least Andy Reid is getting an appreciation day next Thursday on Philly sports radio.

#20637 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I miss dirtbag getting permanently ejected;

Huh, I've been here and I guess I missed that. I thought maybe a day or something... but permanent? Whoa.

I fear for all of us. Nothing united us like warding off the attacks of that poor bitter soul.

#20638 4 years ago

He is just "Currently" ejected; don't get your hopes up.

#20639 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is just "Currently" ejected; don't get your hopes up.

What do you mean? He could appeal and get reinstated even though they said it’s permanent?

D2B5E4B6-0A6D-46C7-BBE0-E6F1E0845C29 (resized).jpegD2B5E4B6-0A6D-46C7-BBE0-E6F1E0845C29 (resized).jpeg
#20640 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How is the number of places in his backpack news? Oh right, they like to hit the black man up with intent to distribute. Thank God they are legalizing this shit everywhere, so dumb. Civil fine been working fine here for 50 years or some shit

You have to remember it’s Florida, they are usually 5-10 years behind the rest of the country

#20641 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

What do you mean?

Ahhhh sorry my bad, I had just clicked on an eject arrow of his and didn't see the actual part.

#20642 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

dirtbag getting permanently ejected

Classic sibling rivalry. His brother gets ejected from the NFL, he has to get himself ejected from the NFL Thread.

#20643 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Classic sibling rivalry. His brother gets ejected from the NFL, he has to get himself ejected from the NFL Thread.

Hahaha...At least now the fact that some of us played high school and college sports becomes relevant again.

#20644 4 years ago

If it wasn't bad enough I lost my bets on the Titans last weekend, now this.

I sure hope the Chargers go with young blood and don't get some over the hill, washed up QB to replace him. One guy I know says they will probably be bringing in an old guy to sell jerseys, hats, and seats. Good lord!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/philip-rivers-is-moving-to-florida-and-heres-the-nfl-team-in-the-state-hes-already-being-linked-to/

#20645 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I sure hope the Chargers go with young blood and don't get some over the hill, washed up QB to replace him. One guy I know says they will probably be bringing in a guy to sell hats and seats. Good lord!
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/philip-rivers-is-moving-to-florida-and-heres-the-nfl-team-in-the-state-hes-already-being-linked-to/

Wow, end of an era. Would you rather see the Charges sell the farm to pick up Brady, or pick up a mid-tier free agent and see what they can make of him (say Jameis Winston, if TB cuts him to make room for Rivers)?

#20646 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you rather see the Charges sell the farm to pick up Brady

I don't want to see Brady and I hope they wouldn't give away too much to get him. He would probably be an OK backup though.

Don't know who else will available or who the Chargers will be able to get when their turn in the draft comes.

Either way, looks like I'll be rooting for the Dolphins next year.

#20647 4 years ago

I'm wondering what the beef between Rogers and coach McCarthy was about?! It was enough to send him packing even though he is a proven winner (by actually winning superbowlS levi!) I was kinda nervous thinking JJ was gonna hire another puppet and then was nervous he hired a wash up coach.. now I'm excited to see what he brings to the team. Hopefully he can relive that early magic with Dak that him and Rogers shared!

#20648 4 years ago

Ideally, Brady goes to The Raiders, and The Chargers pick up Derek Carr.

#20649 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ideally, Brady goes to The Raiders, and The Chargers pick up Derek Carr.

Tannehill would be a better fit for the Chargers, IMHO

#20650 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

What do you mean? He could appeal and get reinstated even though they said it’s permanent?[quoted image]

That sucks....I didn't think it was that bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/413 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.