pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 1,516.
#20502 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

I like the way u think! C’mon wardrobe malfunction w Shakira!

#20503 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Get ins are currently a little north of $5K for this game. I would expect they'll drop but if you really want to go $2k is probably going to be the minimum.

I don't have a max price yet, but ya bud those 5k tix are out of my willingness range for sure. I will keep watching. I hear sometimes next week there will be better options.

#20504 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I don't have a max price yet, but ya bud those 5k tix are out of my willingness range for sure. I will keep watching. I hear sometimes next week there will be better options.

This is absolutely the worst time to buy tix as there's 2 weeks. Total sucker time.

But keep checking every day and see what the trends are. Super Bowl tickets used to be SUPER stupid - brokers would sell hundreds of tickets they didn't have because "prices always go down." But in 2015 the strategy backfired big time. Don't buy ANY tickets listed as being in a "zone," because these are tickets obviously not in hand. Only buy specific tickets. I think the big 2015 fiasco may have slowed this and stabilized the market some

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/01/31/hundreds-of-nfl-fans-left-without-super-bowl-tickets-after-resale-brokers-rescind-deals/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/welcome-to-the-subprime-super-bowl-ticket-crisis

#20505 4 years ago

As someone who has attended a few super bowls I would wait 12-24 hours before actually making the acquisition....the only risk is flying to Miami without having a ticket in hand, which is what I'll probably do.

#20506 4 years ago

"Super Bowl 54: Cheapest 49ers-Chiefs ticket on StubHub costs over $4K "

That really isn't that bad. I went to XL and the tickets were like $2800ish I think? So not too terrible in 15 years.

#20507 4 years ago

I plan on just showing up to the stadium that day in two years when it comes to LA. Go with stacks of cash and walk in with those 3 guys, whose 4th just had some tragic accident that morning. Here’s $2k cash for his ticket, it will help pay for his prosthetic leg. I’m sure there will be a few spare tickets out of 80,000.

#20508 4 years ago

Good info folks. Thanks for the links Levi. I am planning on watching things.

#20509 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I plan on just showing up to the stadium that day in two years when it comes to LA. Go with stacks of cash and walk in with those 3 guys, whose 4th just had some tragic accident that morning. Here’s $2k cash for his ticket, it will help pay for his prosthetic leg. I’m sure there will be a few spare tickets out of 80,000.

Thats real nice Vic. You seriously don't have any morals at all do you?

#20510 4 years ago

He's not tryin to get a ticket for free due to someone else's misfortune. He gave merely one example of why there could be an extra ticket in a group. Perhaps someone's work schedule changed last minute and he/she can't get out of it. Work, family, health, traffic accident, car breakdown, bad weather messing up driving/flying, etc.
The ticket money paid could really help out a person who just had something come up.

Go Chiefs!

#20511 4 years ago

I'd be extremely wary of buying super bowl tickets with cash on the street but I'm sure Hollywood Vic will not be hoodwinked!

#20512 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd be extremely wary of buying super bowl tickets with cash on the street but I'm sure Hollywood Vic will not be hoodwinked!

Of course he'll use counterfeit bills to buy counterfeit tickets, so it will be a victimless crime.

#20513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

He's not tryin to get a ticket for free due to someone else's misfortune. He gave merely one example of why there could be an extra ticket in a group. Perhaps someone's work schedule changed last minute and he/she can't get out of it. Work, family, health, traffic accident, car breakdown, bad weather messing up driving/flying, etc.
The ticket money paid could really help out a person who just had something come up.
Go Chiefs!

Super bowls are very different than all other NFL games. Typically u can roam the parking lot and exterior of the stadium looking for tickets. They don't allow you to do that at Super bowls....your far better off securing a ticket the day before the game...

#20514 4 years ago

I can't believe there's not an app. you can use on your phone to scan those tickets for authenticity?

#20515 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I can't believe there's not an app. you can use on your phone to scan those tickets for authenticity?

You would need the NFL to cooperate as theres a bar code on every ticket.....

#20516 4 years ago

I've had a little bit of time to digest the season. The year really was a huge success. The wound is fresh, and it can be tough to evaluate it objectively.
At the start of the year I had hopes we could secure a wildcard spot with a rookie HC and very few offensive weapons. We far exceeded those expectations, going 13-3, getting a first round bye, and having a chance to punch our ticket to the SB. We managed that without blowing our load on trades or burning through cap money. Not too shabby.

A lot of really important pieces are in place. We have a HOF QB who seems to be reinvigorated, a pretty solid offensive line (FA question marks notwithstanding), a top talent at WR, and a promising RB.

On defense our pass rush was really solid this year. The Smith brothers were worth every penny. We have a problem at ILB, and we'll probably need to get away from the antiquated "thumper" style ILB to be able to deal with the type of run game that the niners showed. DT and CB are positions of strength with Clark and Alexander, respectively, and are traditionally some of the toughest positions to get viable talent.

The draft is filthy with WRs, so I think that's a pretty obvious target for us this year. Maybe we even bring in a FA WR if the market is saturated with the likely injection of new talent. I could see us bringing in a FA ILB, and targeting another guy in the draft to develop.

If there's a silver-lining from the loss to SF, it's that we may have gotten a sneak preview of what our offense will look like in a year or two. My early prediction is that we'll be a better team next year with a worse record through the regular season. I trust our front office to manage the cap and (now more than ever) bring in some talent to supplement positions of need. Matt LaFleur was a perfectly capable play caller on offense, and he's only going to get better at it.

Go Pack Go.

And go Chiefs!

#20517 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've had a little bit of time to digest the season. The year really was a huge success. The wound is fresh, and it can be tough to evaluate it objectively.
At the start of the year I had hopes we could secure a wildcard spot with a rookie HC and very few offensive weapons. We far exceeded those expectations, going 13-3, getting a first round bye, and having a chance to punch our ticket to the SB. We managed that without blowing our load on trades or burning through cap money. Not too shabby.
A lot of really important pieces are in place. We have a HOF QB who seems to be reinvigorated, a pretty solid offensive line (FA question marks notwithstanding), a top talent at WR, and a promising RB.
On defense our pass rush was really solid this year. The Smith brothers were worth every penny. We have a problem at ILB, and we'll probably need to get away from the antiquated "thumper" style ILB to be able to deal with the type of run game that the niners showed. DT and CB are positions of strength with Clark and Alexander, respectively, and are traditionally some of the toughest positions to get viable talent.
The draft is filthy with WRs, so I think that's a pretty obvious target for us this year. Maybe we even bring in a FA WR if the market is saturated with the likely injection of new talent. I could see us bringing in a FA ILB, and targeting another guy in the draft to develop.
If there's a silver-lining from the loss to SF, it's that we may have gotten a sneak preview of what our offense will look like in a year or two. My early prediction is that we'll be a better team next year with a worse record through the regular season. I trust our front office to manage the cap and (now more than ever) bring in some talent to supplement positions of need. Matt LaFleur was a perfectly capable play caller on offense, and he's only going to get better at it.
Go Pack Go.
And go Chiefs!

I got bad news for you bro...

Might be time to start thinking about your next QB.

#20518 4 years ago

If there's a silver-lining from the loss to SF, it's that we may have gotten a sneak preview of what our offense will look like in a year or two.

I think we all got a peak at your offense for the next couple years...Ouch.

#20519 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Its not rocket science....Great QB's need replacing at some point....the coach just needs the balls to do it. A proven model is to draft your replacement and groom him for a few years....Favre - Rodgers, Montana- Young, Smith- Mahomes....this is what will ultimately screw the patriots....u can't win without a really good QB...that being said Rogers has a few more good years left in him

#20520 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah, not quite yet. But, I wouldn't hate the idea of drafting a prospect with some raw talent later in the draft to develop, either this year or next.

#20521 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think we all got a peak at your offense for the next couple years...Ouch.

Solidly in the middle for team offense by the numbers. Rodgers had a "down year", and we had guys from D3 schools playing at WR. Unlike most teams, we have a competent front office and do really well managing the cap. We'll be able to dabble in FA, and we've been solid at selecting WRs in the draft (especially in early rounds).

#20522 4 years ago

Solidly in the middle for team offense by the numbers. Rodgers had a "down year", and we had guys from D3 schools playing at WR. Unlike most teams, we have a competent front office and do really well managing the cap. We'll be able to dabble in FA, and we've been solid at selecting WRs in the draft (especially in early rounds).

Cup half full on Rodgers. You can see it that way or maybe see it that this is the new type of seasons he'll have. I'd imagine he's slowing down and aging rapidly but that doesn't mean he couldn't have another couple big years.

For me I think the offense is a bit confusing. Sometimes it's the scheme but there's no reason he and Adams should have had such a shitty year. Jones made up for a lot of that but historically I'm not counting on big numbers form a GB RB every season.
Competent front office or not (the guys that keep Jimmy Graham to sit around and collect dust), we'll see just how easy it is to grab some WR and plug them in and have a pro bowl year.

Good comeback year for them though

#20523 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cup half full on Rodgers. You can see it that way or maybe see it that this is the new type of seasons he'll have. I'd imagine he's slowing down and aging rapidly but that doesn't mean he couldn't have another couple big years.
For me I think the offense is a bit confusing. Sometimes it's the scheme but there's no reason he and Adams should have had such a shitty year. Jones made up for a lot of that but historically I'm not counting on big numbers form a GB RB every season.
Competent front office or not (the guys that keep Jimmy Graham to sit around and collect dust), we'll see just how easy it is to grab some WR and plug them in and have a pro bowl year.
Good comeback year for them though

I noticed 12 was less mobile this year. That may be age, he was surprisingly mobile for a pretty old pocket QB before this year. I'm also not entirely convinced that he can make the type of laser throw he did to Cook in the postseason a few years ago, but our current model is to be less reliant on his ability to make those special throws. I'm really confident in his ability to manage an offense and distribute the ball as a supplement to a solid running game.

Adams had 1,000 yards in 12 games, and some of those playing through turf toe. I think it's pretty incredible he had that kind of production considering our #2 to end the year went undrafted just last year. I think it's pretty easy to dedicate attention to a guy like Adams when that's the case.

Graham was a mistake. I don't know why we thought Graham had anything left in the tank after watching his lackluster performance in Seattle. I think he would have been gone going into this year, but that deadcap money was way too high. He put out a thank you in recent days, so I imagine he'll be hanging them up. Definitely a big miss, but I appreciate that we at least tried to get a difference maker in the seam. I really wish we would have just kept Cook.. Hopefully Sternberger can step up, but overall that's another position that will need a boost come next year.

#20524 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh Hollywood Vic will have it all figured out. And if I don’t get in, I drive home and watch the game in comfort.

As for Rodgers, they have to build up that line to give him more time to throw. Four or five years ago, before the injuries, he was pretty mobile. He might have been able to escape the pocket against a Niners defense. Those days are gone. I can tell who can escape the pocket, Mahomes.

#20525 4 years ago

Adams had 1,000 yards in 12 games, and some of those playing through turf toe.

Uff Turf Toe...horrible that shit.

he was surprisingly mobile for a pretty old pocket QB before this year.

I guess he's been forced to be a pocket QB, but not one by trade.

#20526 4 years ago

I guess I'm fine with it... but why the boats? It feels like things get backed up enough the way it is.
Screenshot_20200121-215840_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200121-215840_Chrome (resized).jpg

Edit: Read that the boat is going to be the "red carpet" for initial player introductions. The stage for picks will be elsewhere.

#20527 4 years ago

I guess I'm fine with it... but why the boats

Detroit radio was loving this shit today. Saying for sure the Lions boat would break down or get stranded for some reason

#20528 4 years ago

WTF is Antonio Brown doing, isn't he in enough shit to avoid any more bad decisions? He's under investigation for battery again. It's gotten to the point with him that charities are now returning his donations because they do not want to be associated with him. I don't really get it, I think he's went so far that the chances of his return are murky at best.

#20529 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

WTF is Antonio Brown doing, isn't he in enough shit to avoid any more bad decisions? He's under investigation for battery again. It's gotten to the point with him that charities are now returning his donations because they do not want to be associated with him. I don't really get it, I think he's went so far that the chances of his return are murky at best.

Nobody wants that clown, hes too much trouble. He would fit right in with the Browns though, maybe they should pick him up. Him, Beckham, Mayfield and Garrett would all be perfect together.

#20530 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

CTE

#20531 4 years ago

Uneducated and stupid is more like it

#20532 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Uneducated and stupid is more like it

They’re not mutually exclusive. But when you’re in a sport with high rates of brain damage, you’ve had a bunch of concussions, and you completely lose your shit when you turn 30 (an age when other dudes are beginning to chill a little), it’s not a huge leap to suspect ...

#20533 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They’re not mutually exclusive. But when you’re in a sport with high rates of brain damage, you’ve had a bunch of concussions, and you completely lose your shit when you turn 30 (an age when other dudes are beginning to chill a little), it’s not a huge leap to suspect ....

Well I dont think there is high rates of brain damage personally. I bet Brown has been this way his entire life though. I doubt seriously he just all the sudden became an asshole at age 30 due to brain damage from playing football.

#20534 4 years ago

Burfict hit did it.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I dont think there is high rates of brain damage personally.

Thanks for your less educated than AB opinion

#20535 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I dont think there is high rates of brain damage personally.

The players and the NFL will be so relieved, that growing stack of postmortem brain studies was beginning to look pretty intimidating.

#20536 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The players and the NFL will be so relieved, that growing stack of postmortem brain studies was beginning to look pretty intimidating.

Well then why aren't you pushing to have football as a sport banned? If you really gave a shit about these players health that's exactly what you would be doing.

#20537 4 years ago

I think it might be a combination of both CTE and stupidity.

#20538 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think it might be a combination of both CTE and stupidity.

I'm not saying CTE doesnt exist, I'm sure that it probably does but it's not like there are shitloads of retired NFL players laying in nursing homes not knowing where they shit last. There are dangers to almost every job in the world. I bet more police officers die as a result if their job than football players do.

#20539 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well then why aren't you pushing to have football as a sport banned? If you really gave a shit about these players health that's exactly what you would be doing.

I wouldn't vote for the NFL to be banned but I would vote for college/high school football to be banned. Bunch of unpaid 18-21 year-olds putting their well being at risk to satisfy alumni/fan bloodlust? Yeah, I'd vote for that in a heartbeat.

"But where would the NFL get their players?" Who gives a shit, let them figure it out.

#20540 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Whaaaa? We're all speculating about what caused AB's behavior, Levi suggested CTE, and you said you don't believe there are high rates of brain damage in NFL players. Which even the NFL has been forced to admit there are. And now I have to either pretend that a career in football doesn't put your brain at significant risk, or lobby to ban the sport entirely? Whether or not I give a shit about the players' health, I like to think I'm grown enough to not just ignore evidence that makes me feel badly for people so I don't have to think about them.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

it's not like there are shitloads of retired NFL players laying in nursing homes not knowing where they shit last.

That's exactly what it's like. You can say they knew the risks of their chosen careers and you don't have to feel sorry for them, but pretending they don't exist is just weak.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are dangers to almost every job in the world. I bet more police officers die as a result if their job than football players do.

Sure thing. And loggers and fishermen are way more likely to die on the job than police officers. But that has nothing to do with whether playing football for a living puts you at a much higher risk for brain damage. Or whether damaging your brain playing football can help turn you into a deranged asshole like Brown.

#20541 4 years ago

Anyone hear any rumors about picking up Wade Phillips? I can't fathom any reason why a team would not want a defensive guru given all his experience and success. I'd love the Bengals to grab him but that's pure fantasy talk, they'll not part ways with the coach we just got last season. Seems to me there are a lot of teams that could use him.

#20542 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Anyone hear any rumors about picking up Wade Phillips? I can't fathom any reason why a team would not want a defensive guru given all his experience and success.

I hope the Giants take a run at him. He did great things in Denver.

#20543 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hope the Giants take a run at him. He did great things in Denver.

Hell he's done well everywhere he coached. I'm really surprised the Rams let him go, I mean I know this past season was not his best but he's a solid coach with tons of experience. The Giants would help themselves immensely if they got him in my opinion. I still have faith in Daniel Jones becoming a great QB for them. The kid has it all he just needs coached up to get it on display.

#20544 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are dangers to almost every job in the world. I bet more police officers die as a result if their job than football players do.

Please tell me you're drunk at an early pre-NFL Skills party?

#20545 4 years ago

LMAO there's someone in this thread denying that pro football causes brain damage?

AB could well have advanced CTE, just like Aaron Hernandez, Junior Seau, Mike Webster, and that other dude from the Steelers who died in a high speed police chase did. Explains a lot of irrational behavior, we've seen it time and time again.

And just like Super Bowl hero Mark Rypien likely does. This dude was completely normal doing interviews 10 years ago. Now he looks deranged and frightened when he goes on TV and tries to explain what's happening to him, and he's getting arrested for domestic disturbances. It's troubling and sad to see unfold, Mark doesn't deserve this. He's nothing like he used to be and it's just going to get worse.

Plenty of people are idiots and do dumb stuff. But when it's an NFL player you can't help but wonder, if you are at all inclined to believe science and reality.

#20546 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They’re not mutually exclusive. But when you’re in a sport with high rates of brain damage, you’ve had a bunch of concussions, and you completely lose your shit when you turn 30 (an age when other dudes are beginning to chill a little), it’s not a huge leap to suspect ....

It’s best to just ignore people from tiny southern Ohio villages. Uneducated and stupid? Sounds like he’s projecting.

#20547 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO there's someone in this thread denying that pro football causes brain damage?
AB could well have advanced CTE, just like Aaron Hernandez, Junior Seau, Mike Webster, and that other dude from the Steelers who died in a high speed police chase did. Explains a lot of irrational behavior, we've seen it time and time again.
And just like Super Bowl hero Mark Rypien likely does. This dude was completely normal doing interviews 10 years ago. Now he looks deranged and frightened when he goes on TV and tries to explain what's happening to him, and he's getting arrested for domestic disturbances. It's troubling and sad to see unfold, Mark doesn't deserve this. He's nothing like he used to be and it's just going to get worse.

Not long ago, a linebacker played for the chiefs and did a heinous act: killed his g friend, then later shot himself in front of a coach -think it was Todd Haley at the time..I think Jevon Belcher was only 25..normal people just don’t think/act this way...

#20548 4 years ago

So I guess all you guys think that anytime that anyone commits a serious crime or acts like an asshole that they have CTE huh? Is it possible that they are just bad people maybe?

#20549 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So I guess all you guys think that anytime that anyone commits a serious crime or acts like an asshole that they have CTE huh? Is it possible that they are just bad people maybe?

Who you are is a product of your brain. If parts of your brain have been damaged to that serious of a degree, then yes you can be an asshole because of brain damage.

Thinking that damage to your brain can't cause someone issues is almost hilariously naive.

#20550 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So I guess all you guys think that anytime that anyone commits a serious crime or acts like an asshole that they have CTE huh?

You'd have to twist the words pretty badly to reach that conclusion. The comments on this page were specific to AB, who played a concussion-heavy sport his entire life. If we were talking about a 31 year old chef that went off the deep end, most of us would be thinking drugs or latent mental illness, not CTE. And if AB were just facing sexual assault charges or had shouted at his boss one day we'd probably still just take it as a star receiver being an asshole or a diva, nothing out of the ordinary there. But with AB you have a whole package of self-destructive but also often downright weird behavior that suggests something more is going on. Couple that with his known concussion history and the schload of studies showing what football can do to your brain, and what brain damage can do to your behavior, and well ...

If you're still not taking my point, it's that context matters.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it possible that they are just bad people maybe?

Sure it's possible. Or it could be a mix (asshole tendencies plus human decency filter destroyed by shots to the dome) which would be my guess for many cases. But it's also indisputable -- well, you seem to be disputing it right now so let's say indisputable if you like to have facts to back up your positions -- that brain damage can completely change people's personalities, and that lots of NFL players end up with brain damage. So if a guy made it pretty successfully for 10 years in the league but took a bunch of concussions and then totally implodes, CTE has to be considered a likely culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Boards
PinSound

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/411 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.