5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 1,515.
#20401 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure its a tough pill to swallow being dominated by the Niners for so many years....Unfortunately for you I don't see that changing in the near future....I get it

Fortunes can change quickly. To be dominate over a 5-10 year period you need an elite qb. Garopolo is an average qb at best. The Chiefs, on the other hand should be dominate in the coming decade.

#20402 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Fortunes can change quickly. To be dominate over a 5-10 year period you need an elite qb. Garopolo is an average qb at best. The Chiefs, on the other hand should be dominate in the coming decade.

Just look at the Rams. Theres a big difference in that the Niners are young. Teams that win championships win it because they have great defenses....The Chiefs are average at best....If u think Jimmy G is average at best than u clearly haven't seen him play....Jimmy G has done nothing but win in the NFL....just look at his record....if your so confident in the success of the Chiefs lets bet ...u name the price and I'm game

#20403 4 years ago

The better team won tonight. Tough game for us. Congrats to the niners.

I think most people here are probably about the same level of fan as me. It's awful to lose, it's really tough to lose after getting this close. It seems to happen a lot as a GB (or WI sports, for that matter) fan. It's extra tough because we're nearing the end of a HOF QBs career, and the division is not easy.

I think the core is there... we have some really good talent, and some good coaching in place. We have to figure some things out. You knew they were going to run all game and couldn't do anything about it. I saw 55 take a wrong lane once, and I saw 91 over commit... but the inability to stop the run is worrying, and something that needs to be addressed.

We failed to make Garropolo throw. That was your ticket to success, and he never trailed. He threw only 6 times through the part of the game that mattered.
Rodgers by the numbers didn't look too bad... 30/37 and 2tds... but 2ints and also 2fumbles? Failure to get the ball out on a crucial 3rd down? The silver lining on this, I'm less worried about how we look after he leaves town. He's a fantastic QB, but I wonder how our offense would look if we could even get a Goff impersonator in town.

I apologize in advance, I'm even more ornery than normal.

#20404 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s a bet.

Payment made.

#20405 4 years ago

I got it.
Thanks.

Now who wants to bet me straight up. I say Niners win. I will eat the +1.5

#20406 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I got it.
Thanks.
Now who wants to bet me straight up. I say Niners win. I will eat the +1.5

Let's do it. 100?

#20407 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just look at the Rams. Theres a big difference in that the Niners are young. Teams that win championships win it because they have great defenses....The Chiefs are average at best....If u think Jimmy G is average at best than u clearly haven't seen him play....Jimmy G has done nothing but win in the NFL....just look at his record....if your so confident in the success of the Chiefs lets bet ...u name the price and I'm game

In the age of free agency and salary caps, that defense can’t last. I have watched Garopolo, and he throws wounded duck wobbly passes and doesn’t see when the safeties cheat, which results in turnovers. He wins because of the team around him.

#20408 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Let's do it. 100?

It’s a bet. $100

But I gotta say every time I chased losses by doubling up on the next bet I got burned. I once lost 6 in a row and a bunch of money doing that.

#20409 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s a bet. $100
But I gotta say every time I chased losses by doubling up on the next bet I got burned. I once lost 6 in a row and a bunch of money doing that.

That's my problem.

I'm not normally a gambler, so don't worry there. I see an opportunity to gamble with a friendly party on a site I trust with an amount I'm comfortable with.

#20410 4 years ago

That's my problem.
I'm not normally a gambler, so don't worry there. I see an opportunity to gamble with a friendly party on a site I trust with an amount I'm comfortable with.

$100 is the sweet spot. Any more and some people no longer take it as a “friendly wager”. I honestly hope you win.

#20411 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ll be rooting for KC and the 49ers for the super bowl. Best offense vs. the best defense.

What did I say dirtbagus

#20412 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What did I say dirtbagus

Teenage dirtbag
-Wheatus

Her name is Noel
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour
Oh how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me
'Cause I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh
Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And he drives an I-Roc
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me
'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh
Oh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'
Oh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'
Man I feel…

#20413 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Seahawks and 49ers would have been the classic. Green bay didnt show up and Roger's looks well dead for lack of a better term

Did anyone actually think Green Bay had a chance or would put on a good show on national television?

#20414 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Did anyone actually think Green Bay had a chance or would put on a good show on national television?

I certainly didn’t. Frankly, I’m disappointed I only won $231. I should have bet the house on GB to choke.

#20415 4 years ago

GB was just completely out classed in this one. I went to bed after the third quarter, it was clear there was no come back.

#20416 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

GB was just completely out classed in this one. I went to bed after the third quarter, it was clear there was no come back.

Green Bay is the worst 3-13 team ever! I guarantee you that Cincinnati would have given them a better game than what Green Bay did.

#20417 4 years ago

Rodgers by the numbers didn't look too bad... 30/37 and 2tds... but 2ints and also 2fumbles? Failure to get the ball out on a crucial 3rd down? The silver lining on this, I'm less worried about how we look after he leaves town. He's a fantastic QB, but I wonder how our offense would look if we could even get a Goff impersonator in town.

Rodgers was likely the worst player on the team last night. His hubris got the better of him again.

The guy has been flawed the last 2 seasons (maybe 3) now. Before he had coach Mccarthy to hide behind. Now it is "well he is a new coach"
Pretty obvious he is well past his prime. He threw countless passes behind targets or well out of reach. He made lots of bad decisions as he thought he could gun-sling his way to a win. The packers scored points despite Rodgers and that seemed obvious from a non-fan that watched every game this year. he has been extremely inconsistent and surrounded by talent. Pretty sure the packers would be much better without him.

Sad to see another Farve moment here. He will undoubtedly be playing for some lame as team as soon as his contract is up (when is that?) as he tries to recapture glory. The pain pills are likely just around the corner and it culminates with pecker pics. This story does not get any better on the second read.

#20418 4 years ago

Pain pills and pecker pics aside, congrats to the Chiefs and 49ers. Both teams look formidable, and conditions look good for an exciting Super Bowl this year (after last year’s snooze-fest we might even see some points in the board).

#20419 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rodgers was likely the worst player on the team last night. His hubris got the better of him again.
The guy has been flawed the last 2 seasons (maybe 3) now. Before he had coach Mccarthy to hide behind. Now it is "well he is a new coach"
Pretty obvious he is well past his prime. He threw countless passes behind targets or well out of reach. He made lots of bad decisions as he thought he could gun-sling his way to a win. The packers scored points despite Rodgers and that seemed obvious from a non-fan that watched every game this year. he has been extremely inconsistent and surrounded by talent. Pretty sure the packers would be much better without him.
Sad to see another Farve moment here. He will undoubtedly be playing for some lame as team as soon as his contract is up (when is that?) as he tries to recapture glory. The pain pills are likely just around the corner and it culminates with pecker pics. This story does not get any better on the second read.

I dont really have the energy to deal with your envy this morning, so just eat a dick.

#20420 4 years ago

so just eat a dick.

Or a bunch.

2760A7B2-7A38-4DB4-BB2B-5CCB8A85075C (resized).jpeg2760A7B2-7A38-4DB4-BB2B-5CCB8A85075C (resized).jpeg
#20421 4 years ago

I dont really have the energy to deal with your envy this morning, so just eat a dick.

lol

talk about salty.

#20422 4 years ago

Lol you guys are something else.

#20423 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Green Bay is the worst 3-13 team ever!

#20424 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

In the age of free agency and salary caps, that defense can’t last. I have watched Garopolo, and he throws wounded duck wobbly passes and doesn’t see when the safeties cheat, which results in turnovers. He wins because of the team around him.

Top 10 in almost every statistical QB category so clearly you are confused as to what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL...oh yea he's only23-5 as a starter in the NFL.....Niner team is young and on the rise....

#20425 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? Clearly we didn't watch the same game....Rogers was the least of the Packers problems....Packers got demolished (and I'm being nice) on both the offensive and defensive lines....u don't win in the NFL unless you win at the line of scrimmage....

#20426 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

u don't win in the NFL unless you win at the line of scrimmage....

Hot take alert!! Where on Earth did you get that?!? So wise, so brave. Kudos.

#20427 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Hot take alert!! Where on Earth did you get that?!? So wise, so brave. Kudos.

my point was the QB wasn't the problem....

#20428 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? Clearly we didn't watch the same game....Rogers was the least of the Packers problems....Packers got demolished (and I'm being nice) on both the offensive and defensive lines....u don't win in the NFL unless you win at the line of scrimmage....

he looked a mess. Passes and decision making looked akin to Bears QBs.

They had holes, but still a very solid team. They could not stop the run on D, but rodgers had plenty of time to make decisions and thrown on O. Rodgers is supposed to be an allstar yet he seemed frazzled from the start. Passes that even kept them moving were oft caught behind and from receiver skill rather than being good passes. His lack of mobility seems to have really hurt also.

#20429 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rodgers is supposed to be an allstar

"all-star"?

Wrong sport, kemosabe.

#20430 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he looked a mess. Passes and decision making looked akin to Bears QBs.
They had holes, but still a very solid team. They could not stop the run on D, but rodgers had plenty of time to make decisions and thrown on O. Rodgers is supposed to be an allstar yet he seemed frazzled from the start. Passes that even kept them moving were oft caught behind and from receiver skill rather than being good passes. His lack of mobility seems to have really hurt also.

I hear what your saying, but he was 31-39 playing against the number passing defense in the NFL...when u can't run the ball, and your D is getting trounced your not gonna win. I agree he's at the tail end of his career, but he's still a top 10 QB

#20431 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He doesnt watch the games. He's even made claims that it's all scripted. His analysis really doesnt warrant any serious consideration. For some reason hes obsessed with Rodgers, that's all you really need to know.

I'm not thrilled with 12s play this year, but let's be real.. our #2 wr to start the year played just 1 snap yesterday. Our ILB got exposed by a fast RB. I expect both of those positions will be our focus in the offseason.

#20432 4 years ago

He doesnt watch the games. He's even made claims that it's all scripted. His analysis really doesnt warrant any serious consideration. For some reason hes obsessed with Rodgers, that's all you really need to know.
I'm not thrilled with 12s play this year, but let's be real.. our #2 wr to start the year played just 1 snap yesterday. Our ILB got exposed by a fast RB. I expect both of those positions will be our focus in the offseason.

Theres a reason GB was the #2 seed....Rogers knows how to win without all the weapons around him....like most teams they need to improve in a few areas....Rogers wasn't the reason GB lost yesterday...name 5 QB's in the NFL u would take instead of Rogers...even at the tail end of his career.

#20433 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And he was talking before the game that “big moments aren’t big for him”, he’s cool and composed because he’s been there. He looks like crap and nerves creeping in. Not what I expected.
I’m canceling my State Farm policy.

I think it's time Rogers thinks about selling insurance Full Time!

#20434 4 years ago

not scripted. Produced. Definitely a produced storyline to the NFL and you are silly to think any business which relies on the emotional support of fans is not.
Esp when so few can easily sway the momentum and outcome of a game. Sometimes skill overcomes the production desire; other times it is blatantly obvious when the zebras step in to ensure an outcome. It really is very similar to WWE, just that they hide (or attempt to hide) the production.

Yeah, GB definitely needs some more offensive targets. D was still much better this year.

My question is how long do they stay committed to Rodgers.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree he's at the tail end of his career, but he's still a top 10 QB

for sure top 10, but I bet that continues the downward trend. They may be able to support him with a few big offseason pick ups to help him look better. Wonder if they can get Nelson back from retirement? Seemed that the rodgers spark left with him.

#20435 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I think it's time Rogers thinks about selling insurance Full Time!

Name 5 QB's you would take before Rogers....Mahomes, Wilson, and maybe Watson.....then who? Lamar Jackson can't throw the ball very well, and his days are numbered as he runs too much.

#20436 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not scripted. Produced. Definitely a produced storyline to the NFL and you are silly to think any business which relies on the emotional support of fans is not.
Esp when so few can easily sway the momentum and outcome of a game. Sometimes skill overcomes the production desire; other times it is blatantly obvious when the zebras step in to ensure an outcome. It really is very similar to WWE, just that they hide (or attempt to hide) the production.

giphy (16).gifgiphy (16).gif
#20437 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wouldn't having the Chiefs play the Packers be a better storyline since it's year 100 and they were the two teams that played in the first Superbowl?

#20438 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wouldn't having the Chiefs play the Packers be a better storyline since it's year 100 and they were the two teams that played in the first Superbowl?

NO

#20439 4 years ago

All caps! Serious business.

#20440 4 years ago
53AB8FDA-CB2E-40D4-BAB2-0F4624C9324C (resized).jpeg53AB8FDA-CB2E-40D4-BAB2-0F4624C9324C (resized).jpeg
#20441 4 years ago

There is always this

#20442 4 years ago

For some reason hes obsessed with Rodgers

Maybe Rodgers had his brother cut from the team.

#20443 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The reason Rodgers did not look good is the same reason that Garopolo did not look bad. The offensive and defensive lines.

It will be interesting to see if that KC defense is able to contain the run like they did with Derick Henry (only 69 yards).
If Garopolo is forced to pass, he will have to be at his absolute best. It should be high scoring. Definitely take the over.

#20444 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The reason Rodgers did not look good is the same reason that Garopolo did not look bad. The offensive and defensive lines.
It will be interesting to see if that KC defense is able to contain the run like they did with Derick Henry (only 69 yards).
If Garopolo is forced to pass, he will have to be at his absolute best. It should be high scoring. Definitely take the over.

Well the fact that Garoppolo spent 3 years with Brady (3 AFCCG and 2 SBs) doesn't hurt in preparing and knowing what to expect.

#20445 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Well the fact that Garoppolo spent 3 years with Brady (3 AFCCG and 2 SBs) doesn't hurt in preparing and knowing what to expect.

He didn’t play in those games. It doesn’t mean squat.

#20446 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

hot-take (resized).jpghot-take (resized).jpg
#20447 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Which would you rather go into the game with, someone who's prepared for it for multiple years and tutored under the goat starting qb...or someone who's going for the first time?

If you say "doesn't matter" then I question how much you actually know about the sport.

#20448 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I agree and disagree with u....the fact that he's been there and has that experience has to mean something....u can bag on Jimmy G all u want, but he's been lights out as a starter in the NFL (23-5), and is in the top 10 in almost every statistical category....your losing credibility bagging on the guy....the Niners have a very balanced offense, which is not something u can say about the Chiefs. Niners just need to figure out how to contain Mahomes (which is not an easy task)

#20449 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Which would you rather go into the game with, someone who's prepared for it for multiple years and tutored under the goat starting qb...or someone who's going for the first time?
If you say "doesn't matter" then I question how much you actually know about the sport.

Your spot on....having been there has to mean quite a bit...especially understanding how much effort Brady put into preparing

#20450 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree and disagree with u....the fact that he's been there and has that experience has to mean something....u can bag on Jimmy G all u want, but he's been lights out as a starter in the NFL (23-5), and is in the top 10 in almost every statistical category....your losing credibility bagging on the guy....the Niners have a very balanced offense, which is not something u can say about the Chiefs. Niners just need to figure out how to contain Mahomes (which is not an easy task)

Agreed. 9ers have an offense that can win by running or passing. They can do a lot of things depending on game situation. f KC goes crazy to stop the run JG can still throw for 400.

The 49er defense is great but do they have anyone who can limit Hill and Kelce? Cover them man to man? That will be the key to the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/409?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.