spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 1,513.
#20151 4 years ago

let us all take a moment of silence in appreciation that this is the first time in like 20 years the Patriots are out right now....except when Brady was out all season due to that injury. I think i will actually watch the superbowl this year!

#20152 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Also, if Burrow busts, you're pretty screwed.
If you trade back and your other QB busts, you're still pretty screwed, but you have (hopefully) two other really talented athletes to build around.

Would being a bust at #1 be any different than at say pick #2 in the second......no it's all a guess as to how a player will shake out so why risk it, take Joe and see what the future holds. Without the QB you've nothing to build around, just look at Chicago.

#20153 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

let us all take a moment of silence in appreciation that this is the first time in like 20 years the Patriots are out right now....except when Brady was out all season due to that injury. I think i will actually watch the superbowl this year!

Thanks I needed that, felt so good just thinking about it I actually considered liking Dirtbag66...….nah nothing gets that good, back to Patriot free football, yeah that's nice.

#20154 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Would being a bust at #1 be any different than at say pick #2 in the second......no it's all a guess as to how a player will shake out so why risk it, take Joe and see what the future holds. Without the QB you've nothing to build around, just look at Chicago.

In this case, yeah it would be different, because that bust in round 2 isn't going to otherwise net you two firsts.

Chicago pushed all of their chips in to get Trubisky. That's your cautionary tale right there.

I'm not saying taking Burrow would be the wrong move, but trading back would certainly help mitigate some risk.

#20155 4 years ago

I'm not saying taking Burrow would be the wrong move, but trading back would certainly help mitigate some risk.

We will just have to agree to disagree except on one thing, that cheese you sent was some damn good cheese!!!

#20156 4 years ago

In this case, yeah it would be different, because that bust in round 2 isn't going to otherwise net you two firsts.
Chicago pushed all of their chips in to get Trubisky. That's your cautionary tale right there.

Right. I mean, the Redskins made a disastrous trade - 3 firsts and 2nd I believe for RG3.

But if you take a look at what the Rams did with the haul, it was nothing. Pretty sure those players all ended up to be average or worse. And then the Rams made the same kind of trade for Goff!

You really never know what you are going to get. I'm hoping the Skins take Chase Young with the 2nd pick rather than entertain a trade, but a huge RG3 like haul would have to be considered.

#20157 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And then the Rams made the same kind of trade for Goff!

Speaking of the Rams Stephan Smith (who I think is an idiot) is prognosticating a huge shakeup in their lineup and staff. Has anyone heard anything like this from any other source? Seems like disinformation at it best especially coming from Smith.

#20158 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Speaking of the Rams Stephan Smith (who I think is an idiot) is prognosticating a huge shakeup in their lineup and staff. Has anyone heard anything like this from any other source? Seems like disinformation at it best especially coming from Smith.

Well everyone is trying to figure out how to fix the broken thing... when they are handcuff'd with those huge contracts.

#20159 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think the Dolphins would be stupid to consider trading with the Bengals. They can get either Tau or Herbert at 5 then fill in needs with the other two picks or take best player available and go with fitzmagic for one more season.

Totally agree, but if it was an option the Bengals would be stupid not to take it....that being said I don't think the Dolphins would even consider that trade.

#20160 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cordy Glenn - dick
Antonio Brown - thug
OBJ - ass
Joe Burrow - God's gift to football
Starting to notice a pattern here...

And what kind of pattern might that be?

#20161 4 years ago

Alright, now to the games that matter…

Packers @ 49ers

I'm not delusional, I know the 49ers are clear favorites. But I do really like that being the case.

QB Matchup
Aaron Rodgers has been here before. He loves when people doubt him. He's looked less than himself over the course of the season, but last week looked spot on. I like our chances as long as he can get the ball out on time. That will be even more true this week, considering the niners pass rush.

I've never been sold on Jimmy G. He's played better than I would have expected he was able to this year, but I'm still pretty convinced that he'll get rattled if they find themselves behind. Our pass rush is also pretty good, so if we can get him to throw and get some pressure on him, I expect to benefit from some turnovers.

TE problems
The Packers have had difficulty covering TE all year, and Kittle is the best. Our LBs just aren't built to cover. We do have a hybrid LB/safety we activated from IR last week. That may help slightly, but maybe moving King to cover him is a better answer. Regardless, any resources you assign to Kittle are those you cannot utilize to cover other receivers. The niners have a definite edge because of the difference maker Kittle is.

What's different than last time?
Well, Bulaga (RT) went out in the first quarter of the first matchup, and Bosa blew up his replacement. Bulaga should be healthy for this weekend (battled the flu last week, but presumably better from that by now), and hopefully helps to reduce the impact of the pass rush. That doesn't exactly account for the fact that Frank Clark was out for the last matchup, so perhaps that ends up being a wash. Anecdotally I do think our entire OL has been playing well in the second half of the season.

Davante Adams is healthy. He's one of the best route runners in the NFL. The problem is we don't have anyone worth mentioning behind him. If Adams played as well as he did last week, that would be huge… but I doubt that happens if the other WRs don't contribute.

Rodgers now has an ax to grind. I'm not convinced he was 100% there during the season. The doubt in GB alone is probably enough to put the chip on his shoulder… but add in that he's not getting much respect going into this game, and it's the team that passed on him in 2005 (yes, I'm positive that still pisses him off), and I think he wants this even more than normal.

Outcome

I'm going into this with the expectation we'll be going home. I do have some slight hope that we can force Jimmy G to make mistakes. If we get down early, I think it's over.

#20162 4 years ago

Sorry Deacon but I just can't wrap my head around GB winning that game. Well I also couldn't see the Ravens being knocked out so there ya go. lol

#20163 4 years ago

Damnn u never know..great analogy deacon.. Roger's over grap.. but niners chexk all the other boxes.. i was trying to decide which division has the best chance of an upset?!?! All 4 teams are pirdy damn gud!

#20164 4 years ago

Green Bay cannot win this game, no way in hell.

#20165 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well there you have it, folks. No need to watch the game. Simple Jack has spoken!

#20166 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"Man loses home after betting life savings on Packer game based on prediction by Who-Dey from a forum known as pinside"

#20167 4 years ago

Alright, now to the games that matter…

Packers @ 49ers

I'm not delusional, I know the 49ers are clear favorites. But I do really like that being the case.

QB Matchup
Aaron Rodgers has been here before. He loves when people doubt him. He's looked less than himself over the course of the season, but last week looked spot on. I like our chances as long as he can get the ball out on time. That will be even more true this week, considering the niners pass rush.
I've never been sold on Jimmy G. He's played better than I would have expected he was able to this year, but I'm still pretty convinced that he'll get rattled if they find themselves behind. Our pass rush is also pretty good, so if we can get him to throw and get some pressure on him, I expect to benefit from some turnovers.

TE problems
The Packers have had difficulty covering TE all year, and Kittle is the best. Our LBs just aren't built to cover. We do have a hybrid LB/safety we activated from IR last week. That may help slightly, but maybe moving King to cover him is a better answer. Regardless, any resources you assign to Kittle are those you cannot utilize to cover other receivers. The niners have a definite edge because of the difference maker Kittle is.

What's different than last time?
Well, Bulaga (RT) went out in the first quarter of the first matchup, and Bosa blew up his replacement. Bulaga should be healthy for this weekend (battled the flu last week, but presumably better from that by now), and hopefully helps to reduce the impact of the pass rush. That doesn't exactly account for the fact that Frank Clark was out for the last matchup, so perhaps that ends up being a wash. Anecdotally I do think our entire OL has been playing well in the second half of the season.
Davante Adams is healthy. He's one of the best route runners in the NFL. The problem is we don't have anyone worth mentioning behind him. If Adams played as well as he did last week, that would be huge… but I doubt that happens if the other WRs don't contribute.
Rodgers now has an ax to grind. I'm not convinced he was 100% there during the season. The doubt in GB alone is probably enough to put the chip on his shoulder… but add in that he's not getting much respect going into this game, and it's the team that passed on him in 2005 (yes, I'm positive that still pisses him off), and I think he wants this even more than normal.

Outcome

I'm going into this with the expectation we'll be going home. I do have some slight hope that we can force Jimmy G to make mistakes. If we get down early, I think it's over.

I think your spot on although I think Jimmy G is a top 10 QB in the league....Rogers is a stud, and u know he'll bring his A game. I think if the Niners turn the ball over than they don't win this game. If they play turn over free football than I think they win the game, but its gonna be close.

#20168 4 years ago

I think that with the return of defensive players last week it will lean SF's way unless as you say turn overs plague them.

#20169 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

"Man loses home after betting life savings on Packer game based on prediction by Who-Dey from a forum known as pinside"

Sounds like something dirtbag would do.

#20170 4 years ago
IMG_20200115_152246_01 (resized).pngIMG_20200115_152246_01 (resized).png
#20171 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like something dirtbag would do.

Rent.
Free.

#20172 4 years ago

Listening to you guys prognosticate is like listening to Booger McFarland.

"If the 49ers hold the Packers to fewer points than what they score, then San Fran wins this game. But if the Packers score more points than the 49ers, then the Packers are moving on to the Superbowl."

#20173 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Listening to you guys prognosticate is like listening to Booger McFarland. "If the 49ers hold the Packers to fewer points than what they score, then San Fran wins this game. But if the Packers score more points than the 49ers, then the Packers are moving on to the Superbowl."

Is there a pool going on how many times dirtbag will write "prognosticate" during the playoffs?

#20174 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Listening to you guys prognosticate is like listening to Booger McFarland.
"If the 49ers hold the Packers to fewer points than what they score, then San Fran wins this game. But if the Packers score more points than the 49ers, then the Packers are moving on to the Superbowl."

very insightful !

#20175 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there a pool going on how many times dirtbag will write "prognosticate" during the playoffs?

Sorry. Forgot to help you guys out and include the definition! My bad. I should have known big words aren't your thing.

prog·nos·ti·cate
/präɡˈnästəˌkāt/
verb
foretell or prophesy (an event in the future).

#20176 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think if the Niners turn the ball over than they don't win this game. If they play turn over free football than I think they win the game, but its gonna be close.

Speaking of "insightful".

#20177 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sorry. Forgot to help you guys out and include the definition! My bad. I should have known big words aren't your thing.
prog·nos·ti·cate
/präɡˈnästəˌkāt/
verb
foretell or prophesy (an event in the future).

Big words are great! But you're now repeating yours, leaving the impression that you only know the handful you picked up listening to Dennis Miller. Why not invest in a thesaurus and continue to dazzle us with your erudition?

#20178 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Big words are great! But you're now repeating yours, leaving the impression that you only know the handful you picked up listening to Dennis Miller. Why not invest in a thesaurus and continue to dazzle us with your erudition?

Seriously, Dennis Miller? Is this the year 2000?

#20179 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Seriously, Dennis Miller? Is this the year 2000?

So now you'd have us believe you've continued to expand your vocabulary over the past 20 years?

#20180 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So now you'd have us believe you've continued to expand your vocabulary over the past 20 years?

Indubitably.

#20181 4 years ago

And now we're back to '87 ...

#20182 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The guy is a PE teacher. temper your expectations please or he might ask you to wrastle.

#20183 4 years ago

Wait! I see a pattern here...……….

#20184 4 years ago

Comes in to see what’s going on. See posts from dirtbag, especially those of a grammatical etiology. Leaves.

#20185 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wait! I see a pattern here...……….

Who-Dey's inherent racism?

#20186 4 years ago

hump day!

#20187 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Who-Dey's inherent racism?

What??? What did I say now that is racist? Good lord son is that all you think about?

#20188 4 years ago

How is this guy not in the HOF? This seriously sucks AMD is proof that they need to make some serious changes on how they select who gets in.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-cowboys-drew-pearson-disappointed-after-being-passed-over-hall-of-fame

#20189 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How is this guy not in the HOF? This seriously sucks AMD is proof that they need to make some serious changes on how they select who gets in.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-cowboys-drew-pearson-disappointed-after-being-passed-over-hall-of-fame

Fox News, huh? Interesting...

#20190 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Fox News, huh? Interesting...

Well since its the only reliable news source there is thats the one that i watch and read. Is that racist also?

#20191 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well since its the only reliable news source there is thats the one that i watch and read. Is that racist also?

Most folks don't get their NFL news from Fox News. Maybe Fox Sports.

#20192 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Most folks don't get their NFL news from Fox News. Maybe Fox Sports.

It was on the front page and it caught my eye. I dont know why it matters what news source I read though lol. I never knew that watching Fox News made someone a bad person. Geeeze

#20193 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Interesting. This is all starting to make so much sense now!

#20194 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It was on the front page and it caught my eye. I dont know why it matters what news source I read though lol. I never knew that watching Fox News made someone a bad person. Geeeze

Same here when I picked up my phone and went to my google page the same Fox News story popped up.If you want to trigger some people just say Fox News and they freak out ,it’s so easy

#20195 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Same here when I picked up my phone and went to my google page the same Fox News story popped up.If you want to trigger some people just say Fox News and they freak out ,it’s so easy

"OK, boomer" is pretty effective, too.

#20196 4 years ago

"OK, boomer" is pretty effective, too.

What the hell does that mean?

#20197 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell does that mean?

It means you are old and out of touch.

#20198 4 years ago

Yeah well maybe so, but I don’t see the relevance of that in this matter.

#20199 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It means you are old and out of touch.

185D3827-2348-4FFA-8FC7-10F9F1C87642 (resized).jpeg185D3827-2348-4FFA-8FC7-10F9F1C87642 (resized).jpeg
#20200 4 years ago

If we lose, I'm just going to claim the NFL is rigged.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/404?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.