nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 1,516.
#19951 4 years ago

Man that stinks! The healthier team won, I like our superbowl chances next year though

#19952 4 years ago

Great game. Scary.

#19953 4 years ago

That was a generous spot....

#19954 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

GB was better in every phase tonite. Deserved to win

I thought they were lousy in the second half. They aren't a solid enough team to win the Superbowl, but good win none the less, they held onto their lead and made two clutch 3rd down passes.

#19955 4 years ago

Packers dodged a bullet there ...looking forward to duking it out with them next weekend

#19956 4 years ago

it's almost as if being associated with the insurance agent in the baby blue suit guarantees a conference championship appearance

#19957 4 years ago

Cant wait to watch the superbowl! Definately not watching the nfc championship next week. GB vs SF produces no winners

#19958 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Cant wait to watch the superbowl! Definately not watching the nfc championship next week. GB vs SF produces no winners

Ha...get used to the Niners owning the West the next few years...

#19959 4 years ago

Alright, so one call I didnt get was the challenged fumble in the first half.

Ruled down on the field
Challenged
Overturned, but no clear recovery (I dont agree, but whatever)

And we were charged a timeout. We did win the challenge...

#19960 4 years ago

GB better play a better second half in SF.

#19961 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man that stinks! The healthier team won, I like our superbowl chances next year though

As long as you have John Schneider and Wilson, you're dangerous.

#19962 4 years ago

Hold on a damn minute...where are all the Pats fans? They only watch late season NFL when their team is still in it? Lame.

#19963 4 years ago

We're playing on house money now. We should have won this game, but we shouldn't be in this position in the first place with a rookie HC.

SF is the clear favorite, and I like it that way.

It's a good time of year to get some gritty wins. Who knows what that means in the AFC..

#19964 4 years ago

Go Niners I guess.

#19965 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha...get used to the Niners owning the West the next few years...

I dunno, if Chris Carson hadn't gotten injured, I think the end of the season would have been different for the Seahawks and Niners. The Seahawks are a strong team, they are just missing a few parts. They need to beef up their defense.

#19966 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I dunno, if Chris Carson hadn't gotten injured, I think the end of the season would have been different for the Seahawks and Niners. The Seahawks are a strong team, they are just missing a few parts. They need to beef up their defense.

If only we could combine the bears and hawks.

#19967 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Not saying the Seahawks are not a strong team, but the Niners are much better, and their young....Niners were missing 7 starters in the first game, and they still should have won the game

#19968 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hold on a damn minute...where are all the Pats fans? They only watch late season NFL when their team is still in it? Lame.

My buddy is a big Patriots fan, and when they lost he said he's not watching any more football....its pathetic

#19969 4 years ago

3 of the 4 teams favored to win are moving on. If you would have told me that would happen before this weekend, I would've thought NO WAY the ravens would be the odd team out.

#19970 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200112-214256 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200112-214256 (resized).png
#19971 4 years ago

Does anyone else find this hug before the game a little suspect?!

979B4DE1-6643-40C8-A4A0-F1CB188854D3 (resized).jpeg979B4DE1-6643-40C8-A4A0-F1CB188854D3 (resized).jpeg
#19972 4 years ago

A while back I said I hoped for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.

Now I think it may be a niner vs Titan Super Bowl.

But at the moment I think the Titans may go all the way and win it.

Either way, I am pulling for the AFC in the Super Bowl.

#19973 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im picking SF, Baltimore, Houston, Seattle

Jesus

#19974 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That was a generous spot....

It was a ridiculous spot. He was clearly short of the first down, but for some reason the television crew did not have a good camera angle to prove he was short. The refs had no balls and went with “the call stands”. It is unacceptable to not have cameras everywhere in a playoff game. Still, the Seahawks blew it because they could not get to Rodgers on 3rd down and there were crucial dropped passes as well, just like in the Ravens game.

What really sucks is that the 49ers big weakness is a mobile Qb like Russel Wilson. Rodgers is old and slow. When the Seahawks got after him all he could do was throw it away. The Niners d line is going to destroy Rodgers. I was really looking forward to a great rubber match NFC championship, and instead we’re gonna get a blood bath.

AFC championship should be really good. Hopefully the winner of the AFC will beat the Niners. Bet the house on the Niners to destroy the Packers even though I rate the Niners as my 32nd favorite team. C’mon Green Bay and prove me wrong. But I know you won’t. It will be like when the 85 Pats ruined a great Super Bowl by beating the Dolphins and then crumpling to Da Bears.

Hey, at least we got tomorrows college game. Should be great. Would like to see Ed Ogeron win it over that religious freak Dabo Sweeney.

#19975 4 years ago

Hawks have to stop this slow start 1st half then comeback 2nd half and sometimes win. It's very stressful to watch as a Seahawks Fan.
I'll be cheering for the Packers now. Somebody beat those cocky Niners please!

#19976 4 years ago

I've got money on the Titans and the points. And them winning outright.

In other news the Chargers and Patriots swap quarterbacks and the Dolphins say we have a great QB but should get a guy like Tannehill.

#19977 4 years ago

Great night of football last night. The Chiefs game was just insane and Mahomes is amazing. Cant wait to watch Joe Burrow tonight!

#19978 4 years ago

Maybe tonight Joe can help heal the wounds from the Ravens game.....

#19979 4 years ago

My prediction is Clemson beats LSU, 49ers destroy Packers, Titans beat Chiefs, and 49ers beat Titans. I predict this because that is exactly the least favorite outcome that could possibly happen. Hey at least I can always take comfort in the fact that the Browns and Bengals will always suck almost as much as their fans.

#19980 4 years ago

Vjj in the house...….

#19981 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

[quoted image]

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Does anyone else find this hug before the game a little suspect?![quoted image]

The Zebras have always worn green and gold undies. Hell, there was a divot in the field from his elbow/when he landed first and it was way short. Did not even need a camera to make that call correctly, but the decision had already been made much earlier on this one.

#19982 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Great night of football last night. The Chiefs game was just insane and Mahomes is amazing. Cant wait to watch Joe Burrow tonight!

Im ready to watch Joe..... I cant help but remember whenever Mahomes is brought up that he was chosen ONE spot AFTER John Ross...

#19983 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My prediction is Clemson beats LSU, 49ers destroy Packers, Titans beat Chiefs, and 49ers beat Titans. I predict this because that is exactly the least favorite outcome that could possibly happen. Hey at least I can always take comfort in the fact that the Browns and Bengals will always suck almost as much as their fans.

Best slap stick comedy I've heard in awhile

slapstick (resized).jpgslapstick (resized).jpg
#19984 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The Zebras have always worn green and gold undies. Hell, there was a divot in the field from his elbow/when he landed first and it was way short. Did not even need a camera to make that call correctly, but the decision had already been made much earlier on this one.

Victories are sweet, but whysnow's salty tears just make it sweeter.

#19986 4 years ago

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1216511661085024256?s=19

Screenshot_20200113-074449_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200113-074449_Twitter (resized).jpg
#19987 4 years ago

Any cheeseheads care to wager on next week game?

Loser makes a small donation to pinside on others behalf?

#19988 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200113-075450_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200113-075450_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19989 4 years ago
IMG_2095 (resized).jpgIMG_2095 (resized).jpg
#19990 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It was a ridiculous spot. He was clearly short of the first down, but for some reason the television crew did not have a good camera angle to prove he was short. The refs had no balls and went with “the call stands”. It is unacceptable to not have cameras everywhere in a playoff game. Still, the Seahawks blew it because they could not get to Rodgers on 3rd down and there were crucial dropped passes as well, just like in the Ravens game.
What really sucks is that the 49ers big weakness is a mobile Qb like Russel Wilson. Rodgers is old and slow. When the Seahawks got after him all he could do was throw it away. The Niners d line is going to destroy Rodgers. I was really looking forward to a great rubber match NFC championship, and instead we’re gonna get a blood bath.
AFC championship should be really good. Hopefully the winner of the AFC will beat the Niners. Bet the house on the Niners to destroy the Packers even though I rate the Niners as my 32nd favorite team. C’mon Green Bay and prove me wrong. But I know you won’t. It will be like when the 85 Pats ruined a great Super Bowl by beating the Dolphins and then crumpling to Da Bears.
Hey, at least we got tomorrows college game. Should be great. Would like to see Ed Ogeron win it over that religious freak Dabo Sweeney.

Its not just the 49ers biggest weakness....its every teams weakness....In my opinion Wilson is the best QB in the NFC ....

#19991 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It is unacceptable to not have cameras everywhere in a playoff game

They do have cameras everywhere... but cameras can't make up for how the bodies and ball position obscured by the players.

#19992 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They do have cameras everywhere... but cameras can't make up for how the bodies and ball position obscured by the players.

The shot that showed an unobstructed view of his arm down and short with the football was a distant shot. When they tried to zoom in, it lost all definition and was blurry. The camera angle from the other side of the field was much better but was obscured. You could clearly extrapolate that he was short of the marker ( not the yellow line) by looking at all the shots. But replay officials are too stupid to extrapolate. For some reason they can’t see the elbow touch from one angle, and then deduce where the ball was, based on other angles.

Seahawks aren’t my team so no big deal other than next week will be a real stinker, with old man Rodgers too afraid to risk throwing an interception. Expect at least half his throws to be 15 yards out of bounds. Rodgers would rather throw for 1 td and 150 yards than throw for 3 tds and 350 yards with a pick.

#19993 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its not just the 49ers biggest weakness....its every teams weakness....In my opinion Wilson is the best QB in the NFC ....

Yes he is, but until he gets help on o line, its gonna be same old story. Fall behind. Hope fr another wilson miracle. Go gb , beat the niners PLEASE!!

#19994 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes he is, but until he gets help on o line, its gonna be same old story. Fall behind. Hope fr another wilson miracle. Go gb , beat the niners PLEASE!!

Injuries are part of the game...in the first game with Seattle the Niners didn't have 7 starters and they still should have won the game....I think GB will be tough to beat, but if the Niners D shows up they should win the game, but time will tell.

#19995 4 years ago

I watched both games, and even though I just can't stand Aaron Rogers and it pains me to say it...... I thought the runner was on or over the actual line, once I saw the sideline marker camera feed. But even if he had been short, there is no saying what would have happened on the next down, so to say that one play was the reason they lost is preposterous. ANYTHING could have happened on the next play. Seattle came out sluggish, and found themselves in a hole, and were playing catch-up the whole game. I realize you take chances when the season is on the line, but had they turned Russell Wilson loose a lot earlier, the score might have been a lot different.

I will also admit as a die-hard Chiefs fan, I turned off the TV and listened to the rest of the game on the radio in my shop, after they fell behind 24 points. I hate Bye weeks for that very reason....they were rusty, jittery, and gave Houston 14 points right off the bat. I love Mahomes, and he can do some amazing stuff, but Houston losing has more to do with their coaching, and it does with the KC play. Fake punt and continually going for it on 4th down was just greed that cost them.

#19996 4 years ago

pretty clear from the dent left by his elbow and where the ball was at that time, that he did not make the line.

Snip1 (resized).JPGSnip1 (resized).JPGsnip2 (resized).JPGsnip2 (resized).JPG
#19997 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty clear from the dent left by his elbow and where the ball was at that time, that he did not make the line.[quoted image][quoted image]

And look where that line is in regards to the actual marker. He was a lot closer than that yellow line shows.

#19998 4 years ago

Green Bay is not beating the Niners. The Niners can only beat themselves. If Jimmy G and co. play like they did against Pittsburgh sure, anything is possible. He’s got to tighten up that wobbly spiral of his. He did not look good against the Vikings, but he put the ball where it needed to be enough times, and the receivers made some really good catches.
There sure were a lot of dropped balls on crucial downs this weekend, but not by the Niners.
Go Packers.

#19999 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Green Bay is not beating the Niners. The Niners can only beat themselves. If Jimmy G and co. play like they did against Pittsburgh sure, anything is possible. He’s got to tighten up that wobbly spiral of his. He did not look good against the Vikings, but he put the ball where it needed to be enough times, and the receivers made some really good catches.
There sure were a lot of dropped balls on crucial downs this weekend, but not by the Niners.
Go Packers.

you never what can happen in the play offs...Niners are clearly the better team, but Rogers is one of the best of all time. The Niners dominated the Vikings, but the two turnovers are a problem. If they don't turn over the ball they win. If they do then its gonna be a nail biter. Its pretty crazy how good the NFC west is....Niners, Seattle, and Rams could be battling it out for years.

#20000 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

But even if he had been short, there is no saying what would have happened on the next down, so to say that one play was the reason they lost is preposterous.

I don’t think anyone is saying that. Just that he was short. Much bigger was the drop by the Seattle receiver on their last possession. Right in the Bread basket. And of course, Seattle’s atrocious 3rd down defense the whole night. Giving up a first down on first or second down is not nearly as bad. To give up so many on 3rd and long is not only demoralizing, but wears out a defense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 75,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/400?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.