pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

6,431 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 3 of 26.
#9982 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The zebras are doing everything they can to deflate the Titans. Bogus entertainment.

They don't need to. Same shit diff'rent team LeBaeau. Sit back whilst they methodically move up, or send everyone and get burned deep. No man coverage lose every time. Brady eats zone defense for lunch and has for 18 years yet no one has changed anything.

#9997 6 years ago

Jesus Steelers are gonna lose

#10001 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Stupid to challenge the Jags outside.

Hey aboot doing it on 4th & 1?

Stupid

#10010 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Rumour has Bluto err Patricia going to Detroit..slowly the demise of the cheaters team?!

That's not the rumor locally.

Quoted from hwyhed:

..slowly the demise of the cheaters team?!

ha unless they lose Bellicheck it won't matter.

Wow needed that late TD

#10012 6 years ago

WTF AGAIN 4 & inches?!?

#10016 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So does that seal the deal? I'm still not sure yet.

You gotta get a long TD here to even have a chance. I'd just keep checking it and get a PI in there somwhere

#10017 6 years ago

Man Rothlisburger has pulled off some tricks today.

#10019 6 years ago

"Horribly executed by the Steelers."

That aboot up up the entire game.

Why are they so dumb

#10024 6 years ago

Bortles/Keenum SB!

#10032 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Let's hear some superbowl predictions BEFORE wild card games!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Minnesota v Patriots.

#10033 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just can't jump in yet.....every time I do....ugh
Go Vikes!!!

Did you secretly jump in? Are you behind this turn around?

That's a good way to piss away all your TOs

#10038 6 years ago

WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT

Learn how to tackle dude

#10074 6 years ago

I fully expect the pats to win and by a Tidy sum, but you never know as Coughlin has done it before.
Pats have lost some big games though

#10078 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The key will be if the Jags can pressure Brady the entire game. He's average at best when under constant pressure and if you look back 95% of his losses were when he was harassed the full four quarters. Jags can press him with just the front four leaving others to drop back in pass protection.

Yeah exactly I mean Bortles threw the ball better this week but still not fantastic...BUT if they would listen to me and rush the guy a ton it can make up for it. But again like you're saying they have to be in Brady's face all day...AND cover quick passes to Gronk when the H is O.

#10089 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seems the coach of that Giants team now works for The Jaguars again.

Hell, both of them got 2 Super Bowl rings coaching for the Giants.

#10103 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder if a guy like Tony Romo, who I think is doing a real good job as an analyst, keeps pointing out those bad calls, will have to start looking for another job if he keeps it up.

Not at all, that's not taboo anymore in the least. I heard it from crews all over the country all game day

#10109 6 years ago

Let me just say, as a Steelers fan, all the big teams get the calls and they always have & always will. Steelers get more frikkin calls than anyone. And many are at the biggest time with the biggest bullshit attached like Super Bowl XL.

#10125 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

...and Montana had Rice the greatest receiver...

He only had Rice for 2 of his 4 SBs.

I give the Brady the edge after the last one but whatever, they're both right there.

#10139 6 years ago

Wow...i think they're waiting fro 2nd half to Rush Bortles.

#10148 6 years ago

Man you wanna up 14 for sure here...10 doesn't feel safe

Here comes the Pats call on this fumble

WOW

#10151 6 years ago

Well that aboot ends the game fro the Jags

#10155 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How are Steelers fans feeling about seeing Harrison here?

I don't mind. They weren't playing him so might as well go to a team that can get him another ring.

Well not hard to figure that one out; Blake Bortles - 0 Rushes

#10165 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Vegas line could be double digits?

Doubt it. Beating the Falcons by 8 was their biggest margin of victory.

#10172 6 years ago

Wow Phili is impressive.

#10200 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

For people outside of NE and Philly, who are you rooting for and why?
I would think that the two fan bases are fairly universally disliked across the nation, so I'm curious to see who people want to win (or lose less I suppose).

At this point I'll route for the Pats. Best coach & QB ever and they don't have a ton of time left. I couldn't stand them forever but as I've said before they outlasted me.

I wouldn't be upset if they lost though.

#10209 6 years ago

Not everyday you get to dust off the ol "Face Guarding" flag.

#10215 6 years ago

Lombardi Lombardi has 6 rings and Bellicheck has 7.

If you're not factoring Free Agency into it I guess you could wonder but being realistic it's not really that close.

#10218 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time...

That's cause you're a Dolphins fan. No one has thought Shula was the greatest coach ever since around 1978

#10223 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...What Bill Belichick has done we may never see again.

For me it's pretty well wrapped up you'll never see it again.
Put it right in there with Bill Russell/Celtics, Gretzsky points/goals etc etc

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If we're talking best coaches of all time Bill Walsh has to be near the top of the conversation.
10 years as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers
3 Super Bowls

He's was in talks but has been passed. You can add 1 more SB on in reality much like Jimmy Johnson

#10231 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyway back to this Super Bowl rematch. Does anyone remember Donovan McNabb running out of gas at the end of the last SB these teams met?

Yes because T.O. was right...on a broken leg no less. McNabb was junk.

#10234 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The low point of hats was Super Bowl 39. I’m still surprised they made a brown hat for the champs. Hopefully this next one is cool.

Ugg yeah that one's not too pretty.

#10239 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Plus he had to play in a tough division and in the NFC. The Patriots division has been so weak, and even the AFC in general over Brady's career that it's almost like they get a bye right into the Super Bowl.

hmmmm....yeah I guess that's fair.
Although you might look at it as having to play 1 less game, because any NFC team was handed the Bel...er Lombardi trophy before the SB back then.

#10242 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And to be more specific, the slap in the face could have been an ejection.

Was that the guy that already had a UC? If not no way you're getting ejected with a face slap.

#10256 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What a bummer of a Super Bowl this one is gonna be. Eagles vs Patriots, in Minnesota.
Any combo of: Saints or Vikings from NFC -vs- Bills or Chiefs from AFC would have been so much more entertaining.
I wonder if this will be a low-rated Super Bowl compared to past 15 years or so concerning number of people watching on tv?

Well the first thing I wonder when reading that is does the "entertainment" of the game have any affect on the ratings?
Minnesota you think might pull the rating down because it's a much smaller market than Phili...but maybe more regional watchers?
We of course don;t know how it will shake out but if I'm thinking "entertaining" The Vikings certain(t)ly do not come to mind. A nobody QB, handing off to a nobody RB, solid ermaging WR but not a household name, no defensive players I can think of...etc etc.

Saints/pats would have been massive

#10258 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

XFL first pick. QB Colin Kappernick?

Oh man they are gonna try to pay him a ton...good call.

He Hate me has to be a coach right?

#10260 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't understand how you think the teams that LOST would make it a better game.

Quite easily actually, players, match ups, offensive vs. defensive schemes etc etc.

N.O. lost to MINN on a last second TD. ALL the times this has happened before the statistics show clearly that the winning team not only loses the next playoff game but gets blown out. This is exactly what happened vs the Eagles and I trust the Saints would have done better than 7 points in and not scoring after the first 5 minutes of the game.

#10302 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Billion dollar league goes cheap ass when it comes to refs salary so you get what ya pay for

NFL and college go cheap ass on everything and it's just sad. I understand like Microsoft tablets are a big advertisement and shit why the hell is the most important play of a game being reviewed on a goddamn tiny screen when everyone is at home watching it on 60+.
College is way worse with the amount of cameras they have. Boy Sorry we don't have a camera on the goal line for that one.

Anyway, same spiel diff'rent year for the pro Bowl. The whole point of it is a silly meaningless methadone game after the season is over to look back and curb the cravings. Moving it in front of the SB as always the dumbest idea.

#10307 6 years ago

Uff that SB was fucking garbage.

#10309 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you were a Raiders fan for sure.

I'm sure the 12 TB fans were thrilled.

#10311 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I won money on that one!

I actually did not. This was a classic situation of NOT taking Alstot prop bet to score the first TD because it was "too obvious to happen."

#10345 6 years ago

Well this view is bad news for Detroit sports fans since the Lions & Pistons aren't originally from The D

#10347 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think in Detroit, you should probably be happy for whatever you get.

Still the #13 sports market in the country.

#10353 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It was a disgrace to see them play on that dirt infield. Again, bitch Showgirls fault.

Uff that shared field garbage is my biggest pet peeve

#10359 6 years ago

Looks like Alex Smith to the Skins.

#10361 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Standard KC fare.

True but it almost is a good move for the skins...which is the weird part.

#10368 6 years ago

That was not astroturf.

#10370 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What was it, awfulturf?

It was newer field turf...Don't know if it was made out of tires then but probably. I think the problems were the concrete under it. I remember Brian Billick sticking his foot in that hole! Hard Knocks season

#10393 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Eagles 5 penalties for 75 yards,...

Well at least 15 of those are for roughing Brady.
Gotta be 2 encroachments 1 on 4th down.
Another 40 at the end PI call.
15+10+40 = 65

Hmmm...chop block maybe would put it right around there.

#10395 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Great summation! Now how will the Patriots earn theirs?

well it's the Patriots...6 Chop Blocks of course.

But seriously, I only see 4. 3 PIs & 1 Late Hit/defenseless player; all at the exact right time and well calculated.

#10398 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Are you sure about that? I’d rate this as one of the most important games of Tom Brady’s career. Everyone on the Pats understands the meaning of this game. I’d say their desire is quite strong.

Arguing whom wants it more is dumb all around so no issues there... But this game doesn't mean much for his legacy I don't think. He's already the GOAT, whomever doesn't think he is one more isn't going to change their mind. After counting up his 283 diamonds on the last ring there's nothing left. If he has a 35-35 8 td game maybe... But anything else is just standard

#10421 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad I was able to pull my sorry ass out of bed in time.

Agreed...last night was a late one

#10535 6 years ago

That was a fine game right there. I still thought Brady would pull it out but they finally brought some defense when it mattered the most.

#10558 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure how Brady shaking or not shaking someone's hand really affects me or anybody else in the universe. Post-super Bowl it was about the Eagles, not the Patriots.

Haha is a HUGE deal to people in a lot of sports...it hilarious. People around here still cry aboot the Penguins celebrating for too long after winning the Stanley Cup before shaking hands.

#10565 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So who's going to start next season's thread?

The Mods will change it...this is 4 years old

Of course their dynasty is coming to an end...Brady only has so much left.
As said above everyone jumps on Brady after a loss; The Pats just absolutely shredded the #1 defense in the league. A defense that at the beginning played scared of him, and then the rest of the game just let him do whatever he wanted. What it took was an unbelievable game by the Eagles to win, maybe the best coached SB since the NFC would just bury every AFC team each year. Did anyone here really think Brady wasn't going to score a TD before he was strip sacked? Becasue i was just waiting to see if they made the 2 pt conversion.

I thought the eagles could win if Foles played like he did against MINN...I also thought there 0% chance that was possible.

EDIT: Come to think of it I was sure they were going to call the Tuck Rule on that play

#10570 6 years ago

I miss football when people hated each other.

#10574 6 years ago

I mean at this point don't we just think Tom Brady can run his own offense? And... I don't know.... I'll pick Bellicheck to run my defense any day y. So i don't know what the hell makes people think they're going to drop off other than when Brady starts getting injuries.

#10577 6 years ago

To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothin' but bitches and money

#10584 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who would you say?

Well he's from Wisconson so probably Aaron Rodgers.

#10599 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Rogers is a stud. As soon as he was hurt the entire NFC dynamics changed.

Did it really? We'll never know.
They finished 7-9...sure at least 1 more win against the Lions would have happened but would they have beat the teams they needed to? They already lost to the Falcons at that point so ould they have beat the Saints & Panthers? Just split that and what do you get?

Quoted from Erik:

The other side is when Rodgers plays GB is a contender, when he's injured they suck!

Because the owners, oh sorry the hard working blue collar share owners, are cheap-asses that never spend a dime on them.
He's an absolutely fantastic all time QB...but he's gotta do it alone every year.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Josh probably also really didn’t want to move his family to Indiana. It’s not for everybody.
Lord knows whats really gonna happen though

Ha Indiana...too true.
But yeah you really don;t know what's going on there. After the whole Gralapalo thing there are some side takers there...whom knows what's gonna happen.

#10610 6 years ago

Bradshaw is 4-0 in SB too but no one is going to call him better than Brady.

#10615 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I suppose if he hadn't he might have won another, but I doubt he would have gone on to lose three.

Well that's cause any NFC team wouldn't have lost back then...unless you're as shitty as Theisman.

#10627 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was sure he'd kick off a new age of mobile qbs dominating the league.

Well whilst he was riding the pine Cunninham had already started that revolution. Sadly those pesky concussions didn;t help anyone

#10629 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The revolution comes and goes. Elway and Young were both mobile guys. Now you have Cam, Wilson (whose had the most success), and athletic guys like Alex Smith who do well extending plays.
Cuningham was the most electrifying - his highlight reel stuff from the late 80s/early 90s is amazing. RG3 was right up there but that crash and burn was fast and ugly.

Fran Tarkenton

Sorry Had to get that in the before the old man posts it!

Wilson I think is the smartest aboot it. Cam, like Gronk, is almost too big for his own good. He'll be racking up the concussions at the highest rate as he just plows through everyone. Young was a super smart guy...but competitive edge pushed him too far.

#10632 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ha! Wasn't that the dude from That's Incredible?

You're thinking of John Davidson

#10637 6 years ago

I don't agree with it all but but there's a ton of good points in there.

I'll always think Elway is so far over rated it hurts...and those early SB teams he was on were piss poor. Beating the losers doesn't mean much.

#10658 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If Xerico did not provide you enough stats about performance and specifically big game performance ...
Brady just got beat by a second stringer in his 8th*** super bowl in a year of dominant reffing in his favor to even put him there...

I guess the question is it better to get to the SB and lose to a back up or lose to a back up in the Champ game and not even make the SB like Montana did?

#10660 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if we are talking GOAT then I think your performances at the big game take precedent

Really? How bout when Joe Cool got blown out 49-3 INCORRECT SCORE 36-24 By Wade Wilson in 87?

#10663 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure what game you are referring to?

Yep my bad I had wrong score...fixed.

#10664 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's also tough to call a franchise a dynasty today, when only one player has been on that team the whole time. That is not a dynasty.
So today it all comes down to how many SBs a franchise has won and lost in the post merger era. 5 and 5 is OK I guess.
But the Steelers 6-2 rcord and the 49rs 5-1 and even the Cowboys 5-3 is more impressive than that.

Dynasty (depending on definition) is almost impossible in today's game with the cap/free agency. Always tough to tell what is more important. 70s Steelers are a much better team than any NE but doing it with totally diff'rent teams is so impressive.
Just like Gibbs whom we talk aboot doing it with diff'rent Qbs.

#10666 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's only impressive because of the receivers and other supporting cast they brought in and out over the years. Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

Haha...receivers?

#10668 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like that big moose who helped them get back in the game last Sunday.

What aboot the 4 before he got there? Much like the 2 SB Montana got to without Rice.
I think if we're gonna take a poll the Pats WR aren;t going to be the most revered bunch.

Quoted from o-din:

Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

So without the players on the football team the football team couldn't have won those SBs...um ok.

#10674 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah, that's because he got beat in the playoffs single handedly by the greatest QB of all time. An believe me, that guy didn't have much help.

Wade Wilson?

#10685 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB.

Yes his career 57.3 completion rating only matched by his 99-102 TD to INT was a sight to behold. Man remember that one year when he threw 15 TDs...whoooaaaa.

#10689 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls.

He's not but he's up there...cetain(t)ly better than Marino, whom barely looks down on Moon.

#10691 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the Super Bowl, when quarterbacks play each other, Eli Manning is hands down the better QB than Tom Brady.

Correct

#10695 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that's how I have a hard time wrapping my head around this greatest of all time shit.
How can you be the greatest of all time when you got beat twice in the big game by the same QB who is not the greatest of all time?

It's confusing to all of us. I don't understand how you can be the greatest of all time when you consistently lose in the Playoffs before the super bowl. 13 years and you can only muster 4 super bowls? Jeez.

#10700 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually when I used to play Madden I had pretty good luck with the 85 Bears or 86 Giants.

it wasn't because of Jim McMahan?

#10704 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember when the QB was fair game?
» YouTube video

Half the time on frikkin cement!

#10716 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What are your thoughts on Larry Holmes? Sure, he was a good boxer, but better than Ali?

Much better running-car-kick kind of fighter

2 months later
#10721 6 years ago

Yup...it's April

"Bengals Linebacker Vontaze Burfict Suspended Four Games For PED Use"

4 months later
#10739 5 years ago

Haha no QBs at all but superbowl... Awesome!

#10766 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Rob Gronkowski should be getting a lot of looks this season. TE was a tough position for me last year. I think you can count on one hand your consistent TE options for Fantasy.

True enough that Gates is back in the league

#10771 5 years ago

Yeah would love for brees/Peyton to get another one

#10781 5 years ago

Blah blah blah....it's the chargers so just pick one; Strong start shit end of season of the other way around. Can Keean Allen actually make it 2 seasons in a row?

#10788 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

That first part sounds like my Vikings, as does the second part. Still sad for Bills fans...

Quoted from o-din:

I remember Gary Anderson...

The sad part isnt even Anderson's kick, which was at least 35+ away. It was Walsh's miss from 27...wow.

#10790 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like Bell may sit out until week 10 at the least.

Yep he could (Just 10 not more). My guess is they'er gonna run Conner hard and make him have a huge game to get Bell thinking he needs to head back. The issue is I understand holding out till deep in the season and keeping his already old body healthy for the next contract, but bro your team mates might dog it a little in helping you at that point

#10792 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

...then the teams he hopes to sign with are gonna question whether he truly can be counted on to give it his all...

Probably a bit of a stretch there. He's a top back in the league in his prime, he'll get paid. Anyone signing him would be giving him a long term deal which is all he wants. They're low balling him with the Tag and he hasn't made much cash yet comparatively.

#10806 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

...groundhog's day...

No offense on thumbs down, but we gotta make this go away

#10807 5 years ago

Stay Classy Cincy

#10809 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you be happy if I said "It's like Edge of Tomorrow in here" instead?

I would be VERY happy if you said "Edge of Tomorrow" instead of "Edge of Tomorrow's." (or any variation of plurals)

EDIT: I'd also take McDowell over Blunt...butthat's just me (huge Hudson Hawk fan).

#10843 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I drafted Bell #2 overall but handcuffed him with Conner so I am fine (so far).

Whom the fuck didn't? Oh wait, I think we know 1 person

Don't be mad at bell, be mad at Roethlisberger ; they had aboot the same effort level.

#10865 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

If Gordon can stay clean that is a good gamble for New England. However, that is a big "if".

For a 5th rounder it's a no Brainer. He's the most talented WR in the league... But being berated by the pats all day could drive him back to the drugs right quick

#10875 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Oof, the hawks did not look good last week. The oline is like a Bengals playoff win... non existent

And the D blows too. Hawks window is closed... My Steelers 8 thought had a crack open but they're probably done too. Sucks coming off great years and heading to Bungel town

Just kidding neither of us will suck that bad.

#10892 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

He is your starting QB?!? How many teams are in your fantasy league? 32?!?

#10897 5 years ago

Starting those young Qbs that's whats happening!

#10903 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, I am really getting tired of this illegal hit calls on the QB - as much as I want to protect the QB you can't take the tackle out of football when a sack in concerned.

You can get closer.
The Clay Matthews hit, again this week, was worst than last week. Just stop falling on the QB, or wait till they relax calling the rule. They emphasized falling on the QB years ago for a bit and then it went away...so it isn't really new.

3 weeks later
#10935 5 years ago

Not this time Cincy

#10968 5 years ago

I think Jax is out of that whole thing since Shaka Khan withdrew his bid for Wembley.

Even when I had more time to get up and drink early I would never do it for London...and shit it's only like 9am here.

#10982 5 years ago

Jesus Redskins Cowboys was a great game of horribe-ness.

#10992 5 years ago

The problem with the Cowboys is they're fucking horrible.
They're like the Transformers movies, everyone knows they suck but they keep happening and we keep hearing aboot them, even though I can't anyone that likes them.

#10995 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What's the matter over there grouchy old man?! You hate your life? Horrible trolling job. Misspelled words, didnt even finish your sentence. Life is too short man.. smoke some weed or drink some scotch and chill out!

No my life is great, it's the cowboys that suck. The Cowboys have been horrible for a long time and I have no idea why so much hype is given to them; they've won like 1 playoff game in the last 10 years.

We're also probably the same age and there wasn't any trolling involved so I'm guessing you're super fucking high? Which is cool, but I'm at work.

#10998 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

U really can't hate a sports franchise that much. can ya?!

I hate Michigan that much, but not the Cowboys.

#11004 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The more I think about it, the more I think this was a terrible deal for the Cowboys.

I have no idea why it took you this long to figure it out? Jerry is horrible at doing deals. Around Lion country everyone has a laugh remebing when he gave up a 1st & 3rd for a 49 year old Roy Williams!

#11007 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, it's been almost three decades since he fired Tom Landry, hired Jimmy Johnson and traded Herschel Walker away...

"Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson, then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff..... Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings General Manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker,....etc

#11009 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jimmy's Jackpot!

Sadly his time in Miami wasn't as good but you remember that one. He does love his boats!

#11011 5 years ago

Wow... That is glorious!

#11018 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Seahawks are looking like a different team,...

haha...#1 thing said by any team playing the Lions.

#11019 5 years ago

At least the Brownies are looking like the same old team today eh?

#11021 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Steelers fans have to be disappointed!

We are not affected by that minor league team

I mean I'm always happy to see Haley get shitcanned.

#11025 5 years ago

Wow fun stuff will all the trades. Hopefully football will learn from every other sport near the deadline. Appreciate GB giving up, I'll need a full passive aggressive report from Aaron rodgers though

#11048 5 years ago

I like the way it is now, eXpecially since we've had a tie or 2 and a few close ties, but I'm surprised the NFL doesn't change it to get more offense/fantasy /betting going.
Maybe Vegas is telling g them not to because it would be harder to predict scores? Probably wouldn't matter to them I guess.

#11050 5 years ago

Haha the nfl players union... What a joke.

#11053 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

...(in Charles Barkley’s voice) horrible

terrible

2 weeks later
#11058 5 years ago

Ouch Alex Smith...that;s a bad break

EDIT: Come on...33 years OT THE DAY from Thesimans?!?

#11063 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

FitzMagic was benched again. Having a revolving door at qb can't be good for a team. How the hell did the Bucs beat the Saints in week 1?

Anything can happen. The biggest knockout killers this year are the Lions. Blown out by Jets, beat Pats, GB, Car...wtf?!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Smith has been pretty bad all year.

10 tds 5 int by week 11...uff I didn't know it was that bad.

#11068 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Alex smith just proved Bell made the right move. earl Thomas earlier this season as well.

Don't forget Dez!

EDIT: As a Steelers & Bell fan longer, and I said this from the beginning, he made the right call. Bell was a top back in his first 4 years for which is was paid the sum of around 2.5 mill before taxes. They call that "jack shit."
THey had the chance to pay but instead franchised him, and then franchised him again. It was cheap shit...peanuts, so he called them on it.
I think what he didn't expect was everyone on the team to get pissed at him so he finally said screw it and help out the entire year.

#11070 5 years ago

It's been a weird week. I'm picking Rams 21-17...this feels like one of those games that's supposed to be an all timer and fizzles. Hope I'm wrong.

#11076 5 years ago

Wow that shit was nuts. Just crazy

#11079 5 years ago

Mahomes is just insane... But also might have showed he's still young...those last 2 drives were pretty poor.

#11083 5 years ago

The only issue is Pitt offered him the highest RB contract and he turned it down. Of course, 1 year of getting replaced will probably wake him up a bit.

#11085 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The redskins also offered Kirk cousins “the highest guaranteed QB contract ever” but when you actually
Delved into the fine print a bit it was bullshit, considering what the franchise tender was. I don’t know anything about bell’s offer but it’s possible
This was similar.

It was "30 million for first 2 years," buuuuuut actually i seems only 10 was garensheed so fair enough.
EDIT: typing when you posted fosaisu

#11088 5 years ago

From start to finish the most Lions game ever.

#11099 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you forgot about the bears... even with a backup QB they managed a win in D city on Turkey day.

And....?

#11114 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I honestly hope for all the packer backers that you get a new coach. Trust me, I know the pain!

The coach wont change the their real issues of being cheap asses and giving rodgers no help. I can't think of 1 defensove player on the whole team not named hawk

#11116 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The Packers and the Browns have the same record right now.

Yeah and one of them is going up and the other heading down.

#11118 5 years ago

They have games against jets, lions, cards left so there's 3 wins. Add hotlanta that sucks... Then another with bears.

#11121 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Hawk hasn't been on the team for several years. Despite what people like to say, there is a lot of talent, but much of it's young. I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of Mike Daniels. Blake Martinez has been a really consistent player at ILB. Kevin King is a true talent at CB, but often hurt. Jaire Alexander made some really big plays as a rookie, and looks to have pro bowl level talent. Kenny Clark is also a great young player if he can overcome injuries.

Haha, sorry I meant Clay Matthews.
Haven't heard of any real buzz on any of those players but I may have just missed it.

Yeah Nelson was one of those guys he would be great if still in GB, but you knew he was gonna suck anywhere else so it's hard to pay him top (or anywhere near) dollar.
Graham wasn't a very exciting singing...he was great running basically a run & shoot offense in NO but the soul was sucked out of him, like all WR/TE, in Seattle. D Adams is damn good and a good draft pick. Randell Cobb isn't even worth mentioning anymore sadly.

Maybe they've been spendind decently and just not hitting any winners.

#11123 5 years ago

Throwing a QB to the wolves has done more harm than good in my memory.

That actually is a good question these days. If they keep moving towards a more college style offense with offense being pumped up more I think it my go the other way. The rookies/newer qbs are doing well of recent years...of course it could be just a blip.

#11150 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What was wrong with that call?

gave them the ability to pass, which led to PI and the game

#11152 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I missing something here?

Yes. Now mind you this isn't a smoking gun mistake that completely led to them losing or anything, but it's in the mix

If they called the TO after the 2 minute, Dallas would be less likely to throw a pass because they don't want the clock to stop. Before the 2 minute the clock is going to stop unirregadless, which "allows" them to pass. Again, maybe they would have anyway...but I don't think anyone is lining up to call Garrett a forward thinker.

#11154 5 years ago

Romo is good, buck has always been the worst. He's improved a lot since the whole Randy Moss incident but everything aboot him is just horrible to me. Guess it works in baseball probably.
Aikam doesn;t bother me but neither did Sims, and plenty of people hated him. Honestly now I watch so much red zone/& miss more games than ever that it doesn't pop up much.

#11156 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

100%. I’m hoping he’ll lead a trend toward more interesting/value added comentary. It’s also fun that he’s not afraid to call out reffing errors.

I hope the NFL has learned this can only help their numbers, but we shall see. Collinsworth was top of the pops till his horrible NFL knob slobbering

#11163 5 years ago

What's the Randy Moss incident?

When he fake mooned you guys and Buck went nuts.

#11172 5 years ago

Meh....wasn't that bad.

#11182 5 years ago

Impressive win tonight for the Bolts without Gordon.

All over the place the game was called like shit but whatever that will happen form time to time.

#11187 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Please it happens every game that's played anymore. The officiating of NFL games has been declining steadily for the last five seasons.

They usually get the false start right. They blew the first one and the started giving make up calls and the whole thing just got out of hand. I've never seen that many non cslled false starts... Chargers on th left was jumping all the time.

Ha no doubt. Saying top 3 is really saying "other than Brady and Montana Rodgers is the best qb ever."
Ha.

#11189 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’ll stick to my statement, and 90% of national media and coaches would agree.

You're fucking crazy. He might be the 3rd best qb playing in the league now.

#11191 5 years ago

You can't expect to win without your qb anymore no matter how good your defense is.
Sucks cause that final play to get to OT was awesome.

#11200 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...but I'm not too impressed by a coach who managed to win only ONE super bowl with one of the best QBs of the era. Big deal.

Aka Holmgren, except then at least they were playing power houses like the 90s Cowboys. Winning a SB isn't easy of course....but only getting to 1 is a little iffy with a non cheap team with the 3rd best Qb ever.

I agree with everything that sometimes you just have to shitcan people. I don't know if the offense is juts designed poorly, since Rodgers can audible to anything he wants anyway, or the team is not coached well/quit on MM. Because those final drives for GB where PITIFUL. Bad throws, bad catching attempts...just everyone looked like they didn't give a shit.

#11202 5 years ago

There's little doubt in my mind that Holmgren was a much more successful coach.

Yeah I don't think anyone has ever thought that .

12 may be responsible for failing to get the ball out to the designed targets, but who is holding him accountable for that? He needs someone that can coach him, or strip him of the ability to change plays if he can't use it responsibly.

No one holds him accountable for anything because he's Aaron Rodgers and can do no wrong.
You got 2 choices now, A tough hard ass coach that can hold him accountable, or a yes man that will just do whatever Rodgers says. Don't know anything aboot the runnings of the team so I have no idea what they will do.

#11206 5 years ago

If they can get a running game like that they'd love it...well I don't know if Rodgers would.

EDIT: Also Shanahan was a VERY special case. Do find a coach that looks exactly like your team name/mascot is virtually impossible.

#11210 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

...Frankly, if this is the new Rodgers, then he is not worth his contract.....

He is if they spend monies and lure good players to the team; Without Rodgers GB is the hottest destination out there. Elway was way down at the end too but he had enough to make plays when they count....they're still talking aboot that stupid SB run.
I agree the days of the old sack slinger Rodgers winning everything by himself are over.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey now, it was Elway had the horse teeth.

Agree to disagree

oh-no (resized).jpgoh-no (resized).jpg

#11214 5 years ago

The Packers will have plenty of cap room next year.

Can't wait to see how Rodgers spends it.

Kareem Hunt would be my first and last goal during the off season.

#11218 5 years ago

I don't, know if it'd call all the Kevin stuff baseless, but it's his life and i sure as shit
Aren't giving football men the benefit of the doubt accepting that shit. Someone that high profile... It would be tough

#11225 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not blaming you guys cause it's a Monday and there's not much else to talk about. But man we are spending a lot of keystrokes on a 4-7 team that can't beat the Cardinals.

Don't make us pull up the graphic of the things that need to happen for them to make the playoffs!

But honestly, it's an extremely shocking move for a franchise that just likes to move along real quietly.
Packers have just pulled a very unpacker thing that makes them look weak and wont help them land a coach...although I guess it doesn't matter because AR will probably pick a young offensive dude to try to turn them into KC or Rams.

Maybe they'll bring farve back to coach? Havne''t heard anything aboot him in a bit huh?

#11227 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

He thinks the team is his.

Most likely because it kind of is.

#11234 5 years ago

The name I heard was Josh McDaniels. I'm undecided on how I feel about that.

What part don't you like? The fact he was a terrible coach that was fired in 2 years or the fact he's a Bellicheck guy who h means he'll be very be a good coach?
Hey don't act too quickly, Matt Patricia may be available too.

#11237 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has any New England guy ever turned out to be a good hire? I can't think of one.

Nope. Lions quit on Patricia pretty quick too. I think he's going to trade Stafford too

#11239 5 years ago

As a browns fan you should be happy, this is the best you've looked in 40 years.

#11242 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Head coach can't trade players

I don't think you know anything about the lions.

#11245 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pete Carroll did pretty good things at USC and with the Seahawks.

He's a jets coach dumbass

#11285 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just don't call him Evert.

Chris

#11289 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think even the most die hard Chargers fan knew going in that the 49ers were going to stomp the chargers.

Oh of course...the next year Steelers came the closest to beating an NFC team in years. Rough 80s & 90s for AFC

#11307 5 years ago

Now that's a big run... Wow that was bad ass.

#11309 5 years ago

Yeah, team player? Super tired?

#11316 5 years ago

Has KC gone back in time and cut Tyreek Hill?

#11329 5 years ago

Someone check to see if o-din just had a heart attack

#11332 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gronk on defense lol

Oh that mad genius Bellicheck!

#11334 5 years ago

Those last 2 plays just aboot sum up the Steelers.

#11376 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's cool, until you freaked I didn't even know this thread could be moderated!

Well does it really count? I mean they left the text there and everything
Which I appreciate

Quoted from vicjw66:

The LA Rams haven’t been a real contender in about 40 years until now.?

But o-din talks aboot it like it was yesterday

Quoted from vicjw66:

You think Snyder is a bad owner? Do you remember Georgia Frontiere?

You mean Super Bowl champion owner Georgia Frontiere?

#11392 5 years ago

Haha... Thats why the Bengals suck and they're the Lions of the AFC... You want Lewis Back amazing.

#11399 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bengals arent as bad as the Lions lol. Maybe this year they are but they are a far better organization than Detroit is. I also know there are bettwr coaches than Marvin but i also know that there are alot worse coaches than Marcin too. Just because your team will suck forever doesn't mean mine will Law!

You're right, the Lions have won a playoff game more recently than the Bengals.
But seriously they are way more similar than you think. Horrible owners, stick with coaches too long, play in tough divisions making him have no chance even when they look decent. Etc.
It think the main diff'rence is Lions fans are more realistic.

As you know the Steelers are my team not Lions; so we csn just stop there.

#11407 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Were you born and raised in Pennsylvania or Michigan?

A2 mich
I hate UofM if that helps also.

#11411 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why wouldn't you root for your home team tho?

Which 'home' team? The college I never went to or the city I've never lived in?
Oh I love the lions... Well at least like them and root for them; They just aren't my #1 team.
Love the wings, but was at the Joe on Pens gear for those 2 cups... Damn those were great years.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

So you were born in Michigan, but cheer for the Steelers? A team that hasn't really struggled since, well, forever?
Must be nice.

I grew up a Steelers fan because probably they were popular at the time and we had a Steelers Helmet.. Don't know how it happened.
Born in 75 so have no recollection of those teams, just the shitty 80s ones and the shitty 80s pens...so It worked out after a long time. I don't know if that's enough suffering to be OK with you though... Luckily I don't remember it all that much.

#11414 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Shitty 80s"?!? They were under .500 three times total! The Browns won one (1) game in TWO SEASONS prior to this year, and FOUR total if you count the year before that! Come on, man.

First off, having to watch cliff stoudt and Bobby Brister, was in fact shitty. There were a few bright spots like Louie Lipps, but not much.
Second, no one is challenging what a shitty existence being a browns fan is. I'd call that a straw man but then the Browns fan may get excited and think it sounds like a good qb to draft

#11417 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cheering for winning teams is hard. I should try it sometime.

Well maybe if the Steelers bad touched me like the bears did you I could relate but I can't, sorry that isn't enough suffering for you.
Edit: in case you missed the sarcasm i actually don't give a shit.

#11419 5 years ago

Yup Bengals and lions... That would fit.

#11425 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

... and Reds fan. ...

See now that was a fine team....Buuuuut only because of their stupidity kicking Sparky to the curb led the Tiger to the 84 WS. Now, that's a team everyone loves in this state

Quoted from RWH:

I think he's referring to rapelisberger.

A true ohio'n

#11434 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah pretty much it is. I have a lot of friends that live in Wisconsin and everyone if them are a bunch of drunken dumbasses! Lol

But aren't most of your local friends drunken dumbasses? I mean aren't a lot of all of our friends? I'd wonder if it's a Midwestern thing (I'm extending an olive branch to Cincinnati which is basically the fucking Walmart of midwest), but old drunk vicjw66 rocking the lifestyle too.

#11435 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is this meme you keep using? Something from elgin?

It could be, I mean let's it act like Chicago doesn't have its areas.
But there's also no one that thin in WI so that's out.

#11437 5 years ago

Yeah that'll be sweet...never been to a pro outside football game.

#11440 5 years ago

I thought Levi was joking because he put an emoticon after his sentence originally. Hilton always comes here with his Bears bullshit at the bienginning of the year talking aboot "this year is it" dumbass shit.

Hey wait...

#11450 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

They cut my brother.

They cut your brothers Schwantz
Guess I was right with the bad touch
Seriously Wtf is happening here?

#11464 5 years ago

Nice! Enjoy it. I made the trip once, and got to see this one.[quoted image]

Quoted from WolfManCat:

I was at this one. [quoted image]

I was at this one
IMG_5995 (resized).jpgIMG_5995 (resized).jpg

Quoted from timtim:

so it's Seattle next year.

Nice stadium. Been there twice but honestly the noise level thing is a bit of a myth. In the stands anyway.

#11469 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Not sure where you were sitting exactly or what game you were there for but its been my experience (over 20 games in the lower seats) the sound level has left my ears ringing every time.

I think both times we were facing the endzone looking towards baseball field, once I was in a sort of mid level suite and the other lower than that. Hey I guess the diff'rence at that point is all pretty close and they're all loud. I'm sure by the time you get to the field it's super loud, and they have the penalties to prove it.

Oh boy...we remember what happened next
IMG_1192 (resized).JPGIMG_1192 (resized).JPG

#11488 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is there a game tonight?

Yes the chargers are scheduled to lose to the Chiefs to tonight.
Well, it probably starts in like 2 hours out there so good thing you're still drunk

#11504 5 years ago

Wow... Ballsy Chargers! Great win.

#11508 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind a Saints Chargers SB. Be nice for Rivers to join the rest of 2004

#11510 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you guys think we can shoe Rivers into that MVP conversation now?

He's been good all year, but he would still be behind Mahomes and statwise Brees is having an insane year.

#11516 5 years ago

Whole year has been an epic collapse on defense

#11525 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Between this and the Dolphins/Pats game, he must be enjoying December.

Don't forget the low number of costumers in his drunken states!

#11562 5 years ago

Steelers win was surprising...they were trying to give it to the Pats per usual but Pats offense is having issues.

#11565 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Goddamnit Seahawks...

Uff 49s..that was rough.

#11579 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How come NOBODY is talking about the big Bengals win yesterday? Who Dey Baby!

AFC North standings: Steelers beat Patriots; Bengals only team in division eliminated from playoffs

Just a guess.

#11594 5 years ago

Surprised it took this long for Josh Gordon to get booted for drugs again

#11597 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea why, I'm kind of surprised. Seemed like he had a good thing going.

You know I would have thought that if the Browns didn't trading him for being wasted. Or sorry, I believe the term was "he showed up to the facility and clearly wasn't himself."

Yeah well I don't he'll be allowed back in the league.

#11602 5 years ago

I thought the Browns traded him for being "late", or at least cited that as the reason.
It's really too bad. He was a great talent, and I thought for sure the NE culture would have kept him in line.

"Gordon was late arriving at the Browns' facility Saturday and "was not himself," NFL sources told cleveland.com. He showed up complaining of a pulled hamstring despite being fine in practice Friday, according to the sources."

With his history I just assumed.

So much talent...too much Cleveland

#11606 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s lame of the NFL to be handing out lifetime bans for non-PED drug offenses.

Kind of is...but then again go to your job drunk multiple times and see what happens.
EDIT: o-din excluded
EDIT2: but of course I agree blazing a number at night...whom gives a shit. And legal a few places

#11610 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just don't think the league should say no one else can take a chance on the guy.

But the league is the employer. Dude it's not like he beat a woman, he failed a drug test; this is SERIOUS!!!!

#11618 5 years ago

Well typical dumbass Steelers doing dumbass Steelers shit. Amazingly the only smart thing they did was the fake punt. Of course the reason why it's OK is because you realize Saints are going g to score no matter what... Just let them do it and take the time.
Dumb...deserve to be out Ridley/Schuster fumble just save Boswell from missing another one.

Rodgers playing that hard just to get 1-7 on the road... Ouch!

Beastly done Eagles... Hot.

#11620 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

The Steelers played well. Really hard to beat NOLA in the dome.

They played average. Saints my pic to win SB and the rep deal this year but dumb ass turnovers... Thats how you lose. Haven't seen one that bad since... Well Gates 2 nights ago.

#11622 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Steelers on the outside looking in.

Did the Steelers finger you brother too?

Too soon?

Spoilers?

#11628 5 years ago

Meh it was close. Looks like he was putting his hands up so he wasn't leading with an elbow or anything. Illegal of course but not in the top 25 dirty hits this year I would guess.

#11634 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I live in America, and they aren’t my team.

It depends.
If you're from the small town of Langhorne that seems pretty 'Merican to me.

If you're claiming Phili then there are large parts of that that I would call a 3rd world country.

#11637 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

...I have lived in the city and worked there...

Ah, so your familiar with how much of a shithole it is?

I love sports banter!

#11641 5 years ago

I feel like the Chiefs are trickling down for the year, but they've also played awesome teams as of late so really I can't tell.

#11653 5 years ago

Well the results are officially in.

Routing for the browns felt 100% like routing for the Lions.

#11666 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Should be some interesting games in the AFC North next season.

Man you could have 3 super solid teams.

At least we'll all have Cinci to kick around.

#11674 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pittsburgh barely got by the lowly bengals at home with the bengals having nothing to play for and the steelers everything to play for. The steelers should have beaten the aints at the super dome.

That's the sports equivalent to a cargument.
If you want to say that then why not point out Seattle needed a last second FG to beat a 3-13 team...at home?

The Saints haven't looked like the team scoring 40 points every game but, to revert to old tropes for the playoffs, they've won the close gritty games they had to pull out late.

I'd pick the Saints but Russel Wilson never surprises me, he could pull it off.

#11676 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin is gone now lets work on getting Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan and in Cincy!!

Oh wow I didn't see that...I assumed they'd keep him forever; good for you guys.
I don't think there's any possible way you could get Harbaugh. He's licking his chops with Meyer out of OSU thinking (incorrectly) he can beat them next year.
And I don't think they could pay him enough to go to a tough division where he's set up to lose for a couple of years. But hey, stranger things have happened for sure.

#11680 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He'd be playing against his brother in Baltimore, could be good...…. he's not likely to see Ohio State again, he's all but done in Michigan with the bowl bashing and OSU ass whipping this season.

Oh I agree the brothers thing is the best & most legit angle.

We'll wait on that one but I don't see any reason he'd be leaving here. He still has tens of millions to collect and they sure as shit aren't going to fire him; not how they work.
Harbaugh has a massive ego...there's no way he's going to leave when he sees a chance to beat OSU this year.

EDIT:

IN other news...

"Raiders will hire Mike Mayock as general manager"

Boy this seems like it's getting worse and worse...I love it. Whom's going to be the QB coach, Rich Eisen?

#11684 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Everything I read on the sports sites indicate the fan base is calling for his ouster. You may be right though as they do have a shit load of money invested in him.

I haven't heard much close to the action (aka being in the same town but having 0 connections )
They waited forever to get him and had to go through the complete dismantling of their image and history hearing 2 iffy coaches...if there was a super candidate out there maybe...but he's their guy.

Michigan is all aboot excuses. Their had D players sit out for the NFL...they'll use that. What's their excuse for OSU lose? No idea...but they'll come up with something.
It's really annoying the first 43 years.

Quoted from RWH:

Hey but lets be honest this was his best season...….has not been impressive.

God I know...it's been the best 10 sports year of my life.

#11688 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Where the hell are NFL teams going to get a head coach...…… Vance Joseph and I hate to say it, Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

Oh man Lewis to Green Bay would be hilarious.

Eric Bienemy? Vic Fangio?

#11710 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Mike Brown had a plan all along

Sadly it was actually...

"The #Bengals are expected to interview assistant Hue Jackson for their vacant head-coaching job,"

Looking at these games I'd be really nervous as a Chargers Fan.

#11713 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I like the hawks in the playoffs this year,...

For sure against Cowboys.

#11718 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I will be accepting your apologies on Saturday night

And I'll have no problem eating that crow if the time comes.

#11720 5 years ago

Time to serve up my usual 50/50
HOU
SEA
BAL
PHI

#11736 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I will be accepting your apologies on Saturday night

APOLOGIES KIND SIRRRRR

Sadly I didn;t get to watch much of the game...but goddamn I saw that double break; fuck that was seriously some of the worst shit I've seen.

I wanted to pick INDY but just didn;t have the stones. I love Watson but damn Luck is back for real.

#11743 5 years ago

Man make some calls. Both of those runs were tds.

#11779 5 years ago

Wow what an ending.
43 is no gimmie.

#11813 5 years ago

Looks like the kick was tipped. Of course it's all revenge for being too cheap to pay Gould years ago.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Damn, I only got 1 right.

Jeez me too and barely got the 1!

#11825 5 years ago

I thought all playoff reviews were done at HQ and not on a 10.1" tablet with a cardboard hood?

#11844 5 years ago

Well Deaconblooze , how you feeling aboot your hire?

#11853 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You know that else people said?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call me crazy, but i like Marvin Lewis and i have a great deal of respect for him....

It's a craaaazy world out there

#11855 5 years ago

I have no idea...I'll probably pick INDY but I have no feeling either way.

#11857 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

It should be a shoot out. I do think Indy's defense is better than KC but both can put up points.

I think Indy running game is much better now and they can win that way.

#11860 5 years ago

I agree with all of you, which is why I haven't called anything yet.
THey both can put up a ton of points, but KC defense is light years behind INDYs....but is that enough?

#11864 5 years ago

NYJ hire Adam Gase. Interesting. I wonder if McCarthy sits out a year.

Steelers?

#11921 5 years ago

Boy...I gotta to KC on this one although the Colts wouldn't surprise me.

KC, LA, LA, NO.

Here comes another 1-3

#11923 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The weather in KC is setting this up to be a great AFC playoff game.

Better drop a call to Luck and the boys to let them know!

#11954 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The St.LouisRamsofLosAngeles

Yeah and they're playing the Boston Patriots of New England.
Make sure to watch the 2nd game when the Frankfortyellowjacketspittsburgsteeerlssteeglesphidelphiaeagles take on the saints.

hardy har

Quoted from vicjw66:

You're a funny guy. Now go watch your rough riders or whoever plays in your backwater town.

Show some respect...they beat something called the ottawa RedBlacks to win the Grey cup this year!

#11955 5 years ago

Great games going on for sure....one of the best Sundays of the year!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go watch Daniel Tiger Live

Oh Tom Brady just roasts Wade Phillips Defense everyt9ime they play...wish that was brought to my attention before.

#11982 5 years ago

That's the issue with Jeffrey...has the biggest hands ever but drops a lot

#11984 5 years ago

Don;t be sleeping like that in the beginning next week Saints.

#11988 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you always so douchey

Have a heart dude, the bears just cut his brother 23 years ago...he's doing the best he can.

#12005 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I really wish Green Bay was in the AFC.

So they could lose to the Pats every year? Trust me, it isn't that fun

No way I'm picking agaisnt Bellicheck with a 2nd year QB, so Pats is an easy pick.
And I gotta go Brees over Goff.

#12008 5 years ago

I mean its the same all over. The last decade the pack get 4 games with shitty lions and bears.

#12037 5 years ago

I want the Chiefs to win but I almost don't care anymore. Brady/Bellicheck is something that I don't think will ever be seen again and it's just amazing.
Does any sport just have a rock solid lock for best player ever? Because that's what this is going to end up...just videa game shit.

#12042 5 years ago

Basically 2 popular arguments to be made in basketball. Golf has 2. Hockey is largely agreed upon.
I think NFL has more arguments to be made than pretty much any other sport I can think of. I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

Hmmm....
Basketball has 4+ people. Whatever you're thinking the 2 are someone will add Bill Russel..the original Brady-ish run!
Hockey will still have a shitload of people say Bobby Orr. Gordie will always come up because he's such an Alpha.
Golf is probably the closest yeah.

I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

I literally typed then deleted that the biggest knock on Brady would come from Pack fans

#12044 5 years ago

You can't have a best QB ever without a best coach ever...it just doesn't happen and everyone at the mountain(t) top has a coach with them.
(other than Warren Moon)

#12049 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Football is an incredibly complex sport, and it is impossible to say which player is the "best," what would happen without a certain coach, etc.

He's already the best QB by far, unless people are being stubborn(stupid).
He's the best at his position that is the most important position.

The only true knock on him is another dominant dynasty...but there have been some other great teams during that time...and the amount of time is just crazy.

#12051 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I wanna say is Joe Gibbs. Greatest coach in NFL History.

Right, we all know I love Gibbs too and his accomplishments are noted.
So that shows us you have do it the otther way around, best coach with no QB; but not the other way around.

no.

#12059 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A true "dynasty" is harder than ever in the salary cap era..

Yup. As I've said before Brady just outlasted my hate. I used to say the same things people are saying now. Well the coach...well the system...cheating.. (ha I never said that, all teams cheat)...but at some point you're just avoiding the most obvious facts ever.
The thing aboot most dynasties is they are a draft class or 2. 70s Steelers are (basically) 1 group of players. 49ers span longer for sure and 2 qbs.
Fucking NE is just the 2 of them.

#12064 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I guess Spygate and Deflategate never happened then.
Carry on.

They can't all be as spotless as the 90s Cowboys.

#12068 5 years ago

Bah.... Seifert is the same as switzer.
Taking over for a great coach and stumbling into another ring

#12072 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Debateable. Other QBs have been highly successful in that system as well (garrapolo, cassell, bledsoe).

You need to be more honest with yourself. Cassel started 1 year. Grolopalow handfull of starts. Bledsoe was a good QB

Quoted from Erik:

its a niche sport but Tony Hawk was at the top of vert skating for almost 20 years.

He can't wipe Hosoi's ass. Ha just kidding...yeah that's a good one. Hawk is an all time great and still going.

#12075 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

But, how good would Brady be without Coach Belichick?

Of course we can never know. How good with Montana be without Walsh? Bradshaw - noll, Marino, starbach, etc etc

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bill was a DEFENSIVE genius, not an offensive one. People forget that after 20 years with the GOAT.

Everybody forgets his 2 previous Rings and then asshoels like the Lions hire NE d coordinator. Jesus.

#12081 5 years ago

Wentz is much better, but for sure an injury risk. Gotta let Foles roll.

#12117 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

dirtbag loves his bandwagons

Why the fuck you're all trying to reason with a Browns fan is the most confusing part.
The saddest sports fan there is dragging you down with them.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone is intent on proving CTE runs in the family
I keed I keed!

It was coming one way or another, thanks for breaking the dam

#12119 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...I'd be more optimistic as a Browns fan at this point.

Someone get Mr CTE a dark room ready please!

#12140 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Saints definitely got screwed there with no pass interference call.

One of the worst non calls ever.

#12142 5 years ago

It's not an argument, it's a fact.

Mike Perrara "IN Playoff Overtime we're going to play until ther's actually a Winner."

Thanks bro.

#12143 5 years ago

Wow...what a hose job. I can see where all the Goddell out to get NO comes from.

Garbage

#12160 5 years ago

yeah throw on 1st down started me thinking they were going to lose

#12176 5 years ago

I would have let Michelle score there too.

Alright, Mahomes needs some rushing now

#12177 5 years ago

Should have gone down at the 1 bro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,431 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 3 of 26.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/3?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.