Topic Stats

• 21,483 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,723 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200222-124947_Chrome (resized).jpg
graters (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
1A3C8A58-F3F9-461A-9901-44E9A0E0DB9A (resized).jpeg
B99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpeg
here's Johnny (resized).jpg
DDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpeg
D3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).png
download_20200207_213253 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
kansas (resized).png
C162AA67-8E8F-4244-9A05-A49E057B29CE (resized).jpeg
shut up (resized).jpg
vlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
950DA363-9FA5-4C96-BCA1-F4072EE96853 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

756 posts in this topic match your search for posts by erik. You are on page 3 of 4.
#11791 1 year ago

I don't get questioning Whysnow's fanhood. There's plenty else to give him shit about! He's been cheering his team on this very thread for years. I mean that's a hustle a long time in the making, and to what end?

Anyways next week should be totes fantastic! I can't get a feeling one way or the other about who wins any of the games, which I love.

#11797 1 year ago

Fivethirtyeight had an article recently where they adjusted the somewhat silly passer rating statistic relative to other QBs in that year. It benefits QBs before the pass-happy rules. It was interesting, but basically QBs who you thought were good back in the day are still good, and ones you thought weren't so good now turn out not that good.

So anyways one nugget they pointed out head to head, the team with the starting QB with the higher passer rating wins outright 80% of the time. That favors Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, and Saints.

#11800 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interesting stat. It will be cool for me to add to the 20%.

haha well I'm excited about Foles. We got an all time superbowl last year. Would love another!

#11910 1 year ago

i think Luck is damned good and it annoys me to no end

#11928 1 year ago

Chieves looked strong!

someone stick a fork in vinatieri!

#11957 1 year ago

this game needs a mercy rule

#11996 1 year ago

i think for those impartial to these teams we got the best matchups we could have had for the conference championships. should be fun!

#12071 1 year ago

its a niche sport but Tony Hawk was at the top of vert skating for almost 20 years.

#12077 1 year ago

I'm leaning towards KC and Rams but it's early and i may waffle before or after next weekend.

#12080 1 year ago

lol! what's the sentiment with philly fans with Wentz? Still Wentzylvania? Or trade him for a bounty and go with Foles?

My thoughts after watching him play a few times is that offense may not be doing him any favors. It can be really effective for a bit but running a qb at safeties and LBs inevitably ends in disaster.

Speaking of which did they ever state how he broke his back?

#12083 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can see that...might be the year for Mahomes or Goff, and for Brady to finally hang the cleats up.

So Goff is the real question of the four anyone would say. However I think the Rams roster is the most stacked in the league.

To someone who doesn't follow the Rams it felt like a tale of two seasons for the Rams offense. Maybe vicjw66 can chime in.

Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same. Now of course recently Dallas happened!

#12086 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If you look at the hit the Rams delivered last year, Wentz was clearly in the endzone already anyway, yet two players sandwiched his knee and totally obliterated it. There was no need for a hit like that, especially from two players concurrently.

Good points! There are certainly different rules for QBs based upon how they play. As a fan of a nondescript team drafting "franchise" athletic Qbs every few years the likes of Vince Young, Jake Locker, and Mariota I see this frequently.

And my god if there were a Panthers fan on pinside imagine what he would say! But the fact is these guys don't get it done and others do. My opinion is unless rules change you go with the pocket QB and that's it.

#12131 1 year ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Agreed. I figured they'd be a team on the rise bigtime this year, yet they fell a bit short. But 2019 looks promising...

An interesting team to be sure. Depending on your perspective they either overcame terrible coaching to flirt with an okay season, or underperformed reasonable expectations of a team with years of top level draft picks. I suppose next year will reveal the truth.

But far more interesting is we Pinsiders have now been visited by the arrogant Browns fan. I mean who could have predicted that happening? So awesome! Can't wait for next season.

the-baker.gif
#12170 1 year ago

i was sure the Rams were doomed when Gurley went out

#12171 1 year ago

chieves better get that LT some help pronto

#12180 1 year ago

Reason #56 I will not own a Microsoft Surface is my ongoing frustration at watching septuagenarian zebras staring into a blue hood

#12185 1 year ago

Triple ice coming?

#12196 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Great games today!

Good stuff for sure. I can see Saints fans being upset but they had chances after the bad no-call and blew it.

IMO coaches stomping up and down the sidelines red-faced raging like Payton all game don't do their teams any favors with the refs. Bill O'Brien is the same way.

#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Really don't understand this, if all calls are reviewed in NYC why does that dude even have to pretend to look at a screen? Just give him the answer and move on with the game.

Annoying af!

#12268 1 year ago

Please tell me they didn't give him a championship ring

#12273 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just like everything else in his life, he was given a sparkly, valuable thing without doing any work, and a bunch of idiots applaud him for it.

Do you think he'll lose his trademark humility?

#12372 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Then Makcom Jenkins gets fined for saying the review officials should stay off the bottle.

it was a simple personal health recommendation.

#12476 1 year ago

So after much rumination, I have decided I will cheer for the Pats this time. I think this is a first for me.

The Rams have a lot of big names, and probably the most stacked roster in the league, but I just hardly ever watch them. If Gurley is limited or out then I can't get behind them just yet.

The non-PI also makes it hard to get behind this run, but to their credit they did do what it takes to win the game after that, and the Saints did not.

So yeah, I guess I'm a Pats fan? Stay tuned for next week's post, where I argue the misunderstood and underappreciated natures of Lord Voldemort, Skeletor, and Anton Chigurh

#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've also always like those Rams helmets. Patriots lost me when they got rid of the colonial dude hiking a football.

I'm not much for yellow, but those white and blue unis are slick.

I liked the old Pats colors with all the white and red, but not so much the Paul Revere center.

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A packers blunder to share, apparently Mark Murphy thought it was a good idea to let all other candidates they didnt get the job, before making sure LaFleur wanted it. Murphy is a dope.

LaFleur seems like a good guy and I hope it works out for GB fans. I wasn't a fan of his one-year run as OC, but he sounds sharp and he's very young.

There was some debate among the six of us Titans fans if some of the bizarre offensive plays weren't actually called by Mike Vrabel. We did not reach a consensus. Particularly the 2-pt play at the end of the Chargers game in London was an affront to anyone with an appreciation for competency.

#12486 1 year ago

I'm nervous. He does seem like a nice guy and sharp, but I'm not sure he has the personality to hold a room. I'm also really tired of watching our homerun or bust offense.
The young guys with the those types of offenses are obviously big right now, but if it's up to me, I'm trying my best to replicate what the Pats do. Run high percentage plays, get the ball out quick, and get every 1st down on your way to the endzone.

Assuming he's running the offense there, I don't think you have to worry about homerun or bust. By the 2nd half of the season his offense was able to move the chains.

One of my big issues with his offense was in a league designed for quick passing he completely refused to run slants of any kind. There were some screens but they were slow in the making, and relied on the receiver making a remarkable juke immediately after the catch. Really all the passing plays took a long time to develop. With a fragile, limited qb this did not work out. Rodgers is much better and will likely succeed.

The Titans also switched from a power-man blocking scheme to zone-blocking during his run. That was an abject failure! To be fair I'm not sure if that was his thing, or Vrabel's.

#12494 1 year ago

Nice to see a HOF class not stacked with QBs and WRs!

#12520 1 year ago

My ongoing opinion is that Goff isn't very good. A good qb finds a way to win that game against a questionable defense and with an excellent defense on his side.

The Pats consistently do what it takes to win and that's what i will always appreciate and envy about their run.

#12670 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im kinds liking this AAF Football league so far!! These guys came to play!

I can't say this is must-see football, but as an NFL fan I do like the idea of an NFL d-league other than the NCAA

2 weeks later
#12798 12 months ago

I saw on the news the closed down parlor has become a tourist destination. Fans are skipping the beach to get shiteating grin pictures of themselves in front of the building. Where you at right now, rondogg ?

#12801 12 months ago

lol! Jodester we need a pinside achievement for zinged by rondogg!

1 week later
#12820 11 months ago

DK Metcalf is a guy to watch in the draft this year. He's absolutely huge, and the combine showed that he has significant speed, too. Here are some of his measurables compared to Julio Jones. Edit - it's not shown in either, but he ran a 4.33
While that's pretty exciting, here's a different look at his stats. The lack of success in the shuttle and 3 cone suggests that he might play pretty stiff, as a lot of those musclebound receivers do.

I need confirmation that fella passed the pee pee test! I'm not so much for taking a straight line deep threat WR early, but it's impressive to see a guy with his size move like that.

What's interesting is Ole Miss should have two WRs in the top 15-20 draft picks. But outside a couple non-conference cupcake drubbings I don't recall their offense being very good.

#12821 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are about 30 people in the stands for San Antonio v. Birmingham. AAF might not survive another week.

Sidebar! I happened to be in Atlanta about 10 years ago and went to a "Thrashers" NHL game. It was late in the season and they sucked. The stadium was empty and during the second period I started counting people in the stands. I found 80-something. I think the official attendance was around 13,000. hah!

#12829 11 months ago

I take the day off of work on Friday and get together with my college roommate so we can tie one on to watch GB trade out of the first round. It's fun, but I loved the days of waking up early on Saturday with 0 responsibilities and 4(?) rounds to watch.

It's in Nashville this year. You two should make a trip of it!

Last year was one of my favorite draft moments. The Titans inexplicably allowed Vince Young to announce their 2nd round pick, Harold Landry. But VY being VY, he struggled reading it and announced him as "Honor Honor Landry." Golden!

#12831 11 months ago

You know, as much as I love the draft, I just can't imagine ever attending one. Making a trip to Nashville sounds great... but I'd be more likely to find a decent bar to watch it than to actually attend the draft. A lot of the fun is the highlight videos and the reactions, I don't think the live experience can replicate that.
Plus, I imagine I'd have to part with $12 every time I wanted a beer.

But you could be that guy they cut to after the Packers' pick, pointing at your #12 jersey and yelling something unintelligible! You could be THAT GUY!!

#12833 11 months ago

So do the Steelers lose Brown and Bell finally? Seems like a lot of talk about Brown to Raiders (wtf Gruden?) or Broncos. I haven't read anything about Bell though.

#12837 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bell is a FA, Brown trade will be finalized Friday. "They say" the 3 teams were Oak, Ten, & Skins(?), but a couple more teams have come forward today.

Ah I didn't realize about Bell. I was thinking they were going round and round with franchise tags. Any news on where he lands?

I read Tenn is out on Brown. They might have been willing to pay, but not give high draft pick(s) as well. Plus Brown can't be interested in 3 targets a game.

My guess is they were never really "in", just that their WRs are so historically bad it's easy to link them to any opportunity. Now we did have hall of famer Randy Moss!

#12848 11 months ago

Redskins getting Keenum and a 7th for a 6th.

I thought they should have made a play for Rosen. I still think he's worth a first. Missing on a first round pick isn't the killer. It's missing on big contracts that gets you.

#12861 11 months ago

My head is spinning with FA pickups today. During the TT years we were all but absent from the FA market.
Billy Turner - OT
Adrian Amos - S
Zadarius Smith - OLB
Preston Smith - OLB

So jelly about landing Z. Smith

#12865 11 months ago

The spending is a product of failed drafts. We missed on Jason Spriggs in the 2nd, and now we have to go out and sign a guy to fill in the gap. We made a mistake in letting Peppers go too early, and relying on Matthews and Perry (and failing to find someone suitable in the draft to supplement), and now we have to go out and fill those gaps. We couldn't get what we thought we could out of HaHa, so again, to FA we go.
What I am excited about, is the effort to fix those mistakes through some spending and urgency. Thompson was always building toward some distant future. He seemedingly refused to fix his draft misses through FA. We had a steady stream of young players coming in and either never contributing, or being forced to contribute in some catastrophic way.
This leverages our draft position. We no longer need to hit a homerun to draft a pass rusher. It would still be nice to get depth at that position, but we now have the opportunity to trade down to someone that's desperate to find someone like the next Brock Osweiler, or draft the best player available.
Is spending in FA the best way to build a team? Clearly not, we have plenty of examples of that (no offense). But, I do think there's reason to do so in cases such as the Packers.

The cap is just rising so quickly I don't know how possible it is to be salary cap strapped anymore. I'm starting to think Snyder was simply ahead of his time!

#12869 11 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Has any checked on Levi?

I heard he's out shopping for a few jeans, a red sportcoat, and a sharp sweater vest.

#12912 11 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Who's he throwing to again? I like Foles but he's screwed.

it's hard to judge the Jags receivers fairly given who they were saddled with.

I wish o-din hadnt taken his ball and gone home. Id like the opinion of a fins fan on the end of Tannehill and a possible tank season

#12915 11 months ago

What's your take? It wasnt a move I was expecting the Titans to make. Who do you perceive to be your starter?

I like it a lot. The Titans had Gabbert at backup, and this is a significant upgrade for basically a 2020 4th round pick. When your starter is Mariota, backup QB is a critical position!

They made it clear Mariota will definitely be the starter. But this is a great opportunity for Tannehill. With Mariota's injuries, Tannehill will almost certainly get meaningful reps and the Titans GM didn't draft Mariota. TBH I think it's just as likely for Tannehill to be the QB in 2020 as Mariota. Probably moreso.

2 weeks later
#12929 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. And alternatives for onside kicks (which almost ALWAYS fail now) have been discussed. Give the team a 4th and 15 play from their own 35 and if they get it they keep the ball. Would certainly make it more interesting.

Seems super Arena-ish and unfairly prioritizes QBs over the rest of the team in a league that already went to that extreme. An onside kick should be ridiculously hard to achieve. It's a gimmick, a stunt. I would guess a top QB may convert this situation 30% of the time and it that devalues what happened in the previous 58 minutes of play. So I fully expect this to be a rule at some point

#12944 10 months ago

I enjoyed this "What happened in Green Bay" article on B-R. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Seems that a number of people close to the team feel it will be an epic waste if Rodgers ends up with just 1 superbowl. I tend to agree. Some think Rodgers is a dickhead (Jennings!). Debatable if that's a detriment IMO. And many think McCarthy was terrible.

This quote made me laugh:

And if Rodgers isn't Brady as a leader, McCarthy sure as hell never managed like Bill Belichick. Whereas Belichick despises the limelight and "removes himself" every way he can, this player says McCarthy loved anointing himself as a quarterback guru. The coach often bragged to players about his time with Joe Montana...in Kansas City.

"He tried to bill himself as this quarterback master," the player says. "It was like, 'Buddy, I just want to let you know, Joe Montana did a lot more before he was in Kansas City.'"

2 weeks later
#12979 10 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots just notified us season ticket holders of the schedule and the "Tier" priced games for this season:
2 Elite Games
Pittsburgh
Dallas
3 Marquee Games
KC
Browns
Jets
3 Premier Games
NY Giants
Buffalo
Dolphins
I would much rather they label them Pro/Premium/Limited Edition. These labels make no sense.

I probably posted this before, but I met a fella visiting here from Boston for a Pats game. He said it was cheaper to buy stubhub tickets, fly here, get a hotel, and make a weekend of it than to buy Pats tickets there. I assume he meant aftermarket there as well. Not sure if that was an exaggeration but I was pretty much

#12984 10 months ago

I'm less interested in this draft than in previous years. I like Oliver and Lawrence but otherwise mehhh. And all the hype over the players from a shitty Ole Miss team makes my spidey sense tingle!

#12991 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Come clean Erik. You are in Nashville right now at the NFL Draft, round 1. I see the big crowd up there.

hah I would not consider entering that mess!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Worst pick so far, Giants and Jones?

Worst pick was the Steelers getting Devin Bush. I saw that suit and HARD NOPE

I thought Ferrell had a good shot at being available at the Raiders 24 pick but they grabbed him at 4.

(3) Miss St defensive players were picked in the 1st round. Did you intend to say Ole Miss or Miss St?

no I meant Ole Miss. The scouts were really high on them after their showings at the underwear olympics. Glad they cooled on that a bit. I like the Miss. St guys better, though I would have preferred the Titans passed on Simmons. They have a thing for drafting gimpy players in the 1st.

#13004 10 months ago

The guy who just quietly lowers himself to the floor in that Giants reaction video is awesome.

I remember the 2011 draft. Titans fans were hoping to select JJ Watt or Robert Quinn. Instead: the Jake Locker gutpunch. Then you find yourself thinking about that GM, knowing he'll be fired in a year or two and on to somewhere else, while you're stuck with this sorry franchise for life.

#13007 10 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Tyreek Hill audio is downright disgusting. What an absolute piece of filth.

He's terrible. Girlfriend is terrible for continuing to expose toddler to that. Facepunches needed all around.

#13010 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jones will be out of the league in 3 years Hackenburg style. I cannot they believe they picked him over Haskins. Or Lock. Or 5 other guys.
So many NFL GMs are OBSESSED with big dumb white QBs who can't play. It's a fact. Keep picking them over much more talented players.

I'm not sure Jones is dumb but I agree he probably can't play. Haskins must be a terrible interview.

#13011 10 months ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The NFL in their infinite wisdom told the city of Nashville to remove many cherry trees from downtown so they could hold the draft there, outside in the rain.

I'm as tree-huggy as anybody, but that was a bit overblown by locals looking to be indignant. Apparently the lifespan of those trees is 20 years max, and they were already 16 years old. Many of them were already dead and removed, and the city had left ugly dirt patches with steel grates in the sidewalk. The NFL offered to replace them all afterwards, and that seemed fair to me.

#13024 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

As a Giant’s fan, I can only hope you’re right! Or that this is part of a long-term plan to suck it for the next two years and secure the first pick in 2021 ...

hah might be genius! I hear Trevor Lawrence is going to be a generational draft prospect. We may have 4 teams go 0-16 in 2020!

#13030 9 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meanwhile, the Patriots (along with Levi's Skins) quietly had the best overall draft...uh oh!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/bj4rp8/rené_bugner_rainbowcave_rnbwcv_2019_nfl_draft/
[quoted image]

the draft grades are always amusing. I follow this stuff semi closely yet I only recognize a minority of the pundits. This about Iyer made me chuckle. Bunchy!!

20190501_212146 (resized).jpg
#13037 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Since we're on the topic, has the "massage" tape been released yet?

Detectives Say Robert Kraft Had Fingers In His Butt Crack During Asian Massage https://t.co/vm4jfXqxIj

— Terez Owens (@TerezOwens) May 2, 2019

3 months later
#13068 6 months ago

How about the Antonio Brown frostbite and helmet silliness? Most exciting development of offseason for me!

1 week later
#13169 6 months ago

In the Miami/Jax game there are more players on the field than fans in the seats!

#13182 6 months ago

*trying to contain excitement

#13183 6 months ago

SELF FAIL

fuck the fucking colts and that sorry ass owner. I can't stand him and I hate Luck and yes only because he played for the colts as IMO he was the best prospect in 20 years but that doesn't even matter.

Don't even give me that Lawrence to colts bullshit after just landing a couple generational QBs. Give me a few minutes to enjoy my petty victory.

2 weeks later
#13597 5 months ago

Back after a 2 week bender on the Luck news. Fortunately supervisors were understanding. Got a bunch of texts with pictures of me in weird situations. Probably fake. Super excited about tomorrow. May not sleep!

#13613 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Go Titans! F*** the Browns!

Browns must be a big deal. Nantz and Romo covering this game. Typically Titans get Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta.

#13616 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They're going to be good as much as i hate to admit it. I cant stand Mayfield.

I kind of like him for a couple reasons. But primarily because he's undersized, slow, and not particularly strong-armed. That could describe any one of us! But seriously if it works out with him you'd have to think it could change how QBs are scouted.

#13657 5 months ago

Bummer for the Jacksonville fan.

Well played, Mr. Blooze

#13659 5 months ago

Until that highlight clip I had no idea Witten had unretired and subsequently spared us of his analysis

#13737 5 months ago

huzzah saintses!

#13738 5 months ago

btw I may be mistaken but I think I saw Vontaze Burfict is a Raiders captain. ehehehehe

#13779 5 months ago

"dum [sic] ass hoe [sic]." You just know the transcriber chuckled at him/herself!

#13927 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On August 20, 2018, Incognito was arrested and taken into custody after an incident at a funeral home where he threatened to shoot the employees while making funeral arrangements for his father. Police seized two Glocks, three rifles, and a suppressor for a handgun in Incognito's truck.[75] Employees told Scottsdale police that Incognito wanted his father's head cut off for research purposes, and that he had walked through the funeral home punching caskets and throwing objects.[76] Incognito was charged with disorderly conduct and making threats.[77]

Few things are more thuggish than a casket puncher

#13928 5 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The White Sox extended the net all the way to the foul poles this season. Didn't hamper my experience one bit. Hopefully other teams follow suit.

Sox should have built walls instead of nets. That team is unwatchable

#13938 5 months ago

Week 2: Saints at L.A., and Rams are favored by 2 points

Looking forward to this one!

#13975 5 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The birds(falcons) never pull anything off. I can not stand Matt Ryan and all the hype about him and I hope the Eagles can knock him out.

At least half the fans in the league chuckle at your disdain for Ryan. You can't even begin to imagine what life is like on the other side.

#13982 5 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Falcons scored too early. Watch Philly go down the field for the win now.

It was 4th down!

#13984 5 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying it’s their fault for scoring too early, just that there is enough time on the clock for Eagles to have game winning drive. And how does Atlanta allow that 4th down completions?

I read "too early" as a criticism. As if Jones or Atlanta should have done something different. My bad if you meant differently.

#13989 5 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Damn, I was hoping the falcons would go 0/16 this year.

Probably 1-15. Clearly they have no talent!!!

#14159 5 months ago

imagine watching that shit 16 times a year

#14305 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched the Cowboys/Dolphins earlier while trying to mow the lawn, and the fish were actually dominating in the first half with Rosen looking pretty good.

I had a man crush on Rosen for a couple years. I got to watch this game and I was impressed with his accuracy.

My concerns are his passes lack velocity and he is going to get wrecked on incredibly terrible teams. He also does this slump/grimace/eyeroll stuff that reminds me of early Cam Newton but without the winning.

#14599 4 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pessimists are the worst sports fans! Week 4 & already writing their home team off!

He's a Denver fan.

Quoted from o-din:

Then call me the eternal optimist.
One of my teams, the Chargers or the Dolphins, is almost guaranteed a win Sunday.

Fins are going to get killed. Can you imagine being a season ticket holder during an overt tank season?

#14613 4 months ago

ATL's stadium is dead. It's almost like fans don't really care about multibillion dollar stadiums with absurd mechanical skylights

#14664 4 months ago

How about the facial hair on that Cam Jordan fella? Shades of Captain Jack Sparrow

#14665 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Scratch that. It's about to become a blowout.

I think next game is Miami's best shot at a win and a tossup. If they fire Gruden though I'd say that hurts Miami. My observation is shitty teams play above their level in an interim HC's first week before resuming their previous level of shittiness.

#14670 4 months ago

I'm all for pinball wizards, but could they have made that new Supra any more hideous?

#14765 4 months ago

Teams need to stop letting QBs run. All the protections of the new-ish rules go out the window.

#14926 4 months ago

We've reached the time of the season where fans of all shitty teams realize their teams have no chance, all preseason optimism was futile, and the only things we have to look forward to in the foreseeable future are more coaching and roster churn. Good times!

#15004 4 months ago

Why do Giants get to wear their good uniforms on TNF and everyone else gets stuck with that unitard bullshit?

#15005 4 months ago

lol that Giants punter flailing like a soccer player while he had a chance to knock that blocked punt down. awesome

#15185 4 months ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Rams now have 3 Jaguars who were top 10 first round picks (Ramsey, Dante Fowler, and Blake Bortles). At least the Jags got some value in the Ramsey trade. They only a got a third rounder for Fowler and nothing for Bortles. Ramsey is a far superior talent than the other 2 former Jags.

jags.png
#15186 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

trade to get Tannehill back.

I keeeed. But I did hear he had a good relief effort last weekend and is now starting for the Titans.

He was turrible like all of them since McNair. It's time to enable tank mode.

#15240 4 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I nuked/reheated the bacon before putting the drinks together, so when the bacon hit the bourbon, it sounded like a blacksmith quenching a red hot iron.
Bourbon, maple syrup, bitters & bacon...
Big magic!
[quoted image]

Pats fans just keep winning

1 week later
#15449 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Brees really came back with a vengeance!

I think that young fella may have a chance to catch on

2 weeks later
#15654 3 months ago

It will be interesting to see if the Bengals can stay committed in their quest to land Burrow. Perfection is what it will require imo. Several fellow tank compatriots remaining on the schedule.

#15736 3 months ago

I couldnt guess any of the others but I know #7 all too well

#15737 3 months ago

Id like to see a return of those old 'you make the call' commercials in lieu of obnoxious mobile carriers or chanting tailgate cultists.

#15796 3 months ago

a few young guys lost their cool for a minute and no one was hurt. now it may cost them the smallest portions of their riches. try as i might, i can not muster outrage or sympathy. two bad teams on a Thursday night, move along

#15852 3 months ago

Could this Ravens thing be happening?!

If Jackson turns out to be the real deal, he will go down as my biggest draft whiff, supplanting "Adrian Peterson will bust" and "LaRon Landry will be in the hall of fame" (that was the same draft!)

#15856 3 months ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I am torn, want the Eagles to loose but every time the Pats loose it’s a good thing.

you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
#15861 3 months ago

Brady and Wentz looked bad tonight. So many misses or poor decisions. And not to brag but I consider myself somewhat of an expert on shitty qb play.

#15889 3 months ago

I think Tua still goes very early unless the docs say he's done.

#15892 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The whole hip thing can sound a little scary, but more and more people aren't playing in their 'last' year so I don;t think it'll matter much.

His red flags arent just the hip and missing 2020, it's that he gets injured a lot. I think 4 surgeries in 2 years. But there's a lot to like on tape and someone will jump.

#15894 3 months ago

pats (resized).PNG

#15897 3 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well, who likes Dallas and who like the Pats?
I like the Pats by 10.

wow that's the line? I think Dallas is pretty well rounded and I would take them in that case.

#15900 3 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

No not the line just what I think.

ah ok. I'd be hard pressed to bet against the goat and belichick, even stevens.

I like Dallas and I would take them +6 or so

#15973 3 months ago

If we could have both of these teams lose tonight that would be great

#16042 3 months ago

I wonder if Wentz has something wrong with hand/arm. So many ducks. AFCS level terrible.

#16045 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Panthers playing good,make it look easy!

McCaffrey is incredible. Hope he gets some mvp attention.

#16141 89 days ago

Jackson looks fantastic but wtf happened to the rams?

#16144 89 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm starting to think the same thing as the Chargers. More fans in the home stadium rooting for other teams. That and Goff is slow. Must have took a good hit to the head at some point.

Goff's limitations have been exposed, but that defense is inexplicable. When you watch the clips some of those TDs are baffling. Hopefully just a bad showing and not something more nefarious like Loosiana voodoo.

amirite pinball-is-great

#16175 88 days ago

Stinks about Gurley's knee. If I were a GM I don't think I would ever chance a big second contract on an RB.

#16240 87 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Should be a good game, though the real superbowl prelim is week 17... Fins vs. Bengals

I think Id sooner sit thru that Scobberdodge vs Quahog high school game

#16266 86 days ago

get a room you three

#16302 85 days ago

The more I watch Buffalo the more I think they could upset someone if they make the playoffs. I would likely take them over the AFCS champ, and probably KC. They need to put Gore out to pasture.

#16318 85 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Their record is padded like the cowboys..lets see how they play the next 4 games..i think they finish 8-8!!

Yep will be interesting to see their finish. However Im willing to wager (sizably!) they end with at least 9 wins.

#16355 84 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pats (and their not that good)

#16390 84 days ago

ftc

#16396 84 days ago

Is it possible for the Pats to reactivate Gronk at halftime?

#16409 84 days ago

Lol calling a timeout there. Is McDaniels running the team tonight? What garbage. NE looks unathletic and basically slow as hell on both sides of the ball

#16458 83 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its funny the Patriots are 10-2 and you guys are acting like the sky is falling. Bellicheat can turn the Patriots around quickly even if he doesn’t have Brady. The guy is a genius.

Agreed. Seems to me they lose a game inexplicably every season. Maybe winning is boring? Couldnt say as a TN fan.

Last year NE got wrecked by a mediocre TN team, then coasted to another ring. The celebratory Krafty was an unexpected twist!

#16604 82 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

How bout them Dolphins and their will to win. Almost 500 yards of offense. How did the other AFC East teams fare? I can definitely feel a changing of the guard is on the horizon.

Long term it's a huge mistake bringing in Fitzy in a tank season. When the Fitzmagic fizzles out you've got 3 or 4 wins, no development of a young qb, and several teams have snuck past you in the draft.

Bench him the moment you're off the schneid and take your lumps!

#16624 82 days ago

I'd like to see Rivera and Cam Newton team up again in DC!

#16628 82 days ago

As Williams Cyclone taught us 30 years ago about running QBs, you pay your money you take your chances. I'm hoping Jackson makes it through the season and we can find out how far he can go.

#16785 80 days ago

logged in for the first time since this morning and saw 116 new posts. Immediately thought one of the Ohio teams signed Kaepernick!

Sadly typical nonsense, worsened by Bears talk

#16790 80 days ago

what if the next Cowboys head coach is Jerry Jones?

#16861 79 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ravens lost to the Browns...in Baltimore.
Soooo....

If you have to lose it's always best to lose to a bottom feeder, as embarrassing as it may be

#16863 79 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

5-7 is considered "bottom feeder"? Yikes.

No offense, I follow a loser franchise myself so I'm highly skilled in spotting them. In fact I'm pulling for the Brownies, despite your awkward trolling.

It would be a cool story and I'm reasonably confident that one day, probably many years from now, a Browns playoff appearance will happen.

#16865 79 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Awkward trolling"?!?
You DO know what this thread is dedicated to, right? If I veered of topic at all it was to address the blatant racism that is right in front of everyone's eyes every other day. But that's right, I'm the bad guy.

Curious, do the Browns also embrace the victim mentality? If so I may have to rescind my nominal fandom.

#16935 78 days ago

ncaa playoffs should be fantastic this year. Can't wait!

#16959 77 days ago

I couldnt have imagined a more enjoyable start to Denver/Houston!

#17062 77 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

About as cool as partying with the Cowboys (and their cheerleaders) after Super Bowl XXX.

I think I got both you guys. One time I parked next to Albert Haynesworth's F-650.

#17067 77 days ago

I saw some crazy stat today that the Jags have been outscored by 17+ in 5 straight games and that hasn't happened since the 86 Bucs

#17132 76 days ago

It's strength of schedule. Bengals just gotta stay focused and think long term. Do not fire the HC. Promote the practice squad guys to active roster. Maybe snipe some PS guys from other teams. Start the late round rookies. Make sure anyone half decent who has any sort of nagging injury (probably all of them by now) is inactive.

#17153 76 days ago

NY needs to playaction on 1st down every time

#17396 74 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Great work team!
That was like a two-a-day in late August

But did my team cheat?

#17547 71 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So how many of Y'all thinks that the Bengals will upset the Patriots tomorrow?

Not one single lonely solitary chance in the world

#17578 70 days ago

Do or die time for the Tennessee Titties! Sucks that Henry got hammied but this is where Tannehill can prove he can put up points without a dominant run game. If not he probably isn't the solution.

#17596 70 days ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Go Bucs! Jameis Winston 221 passing yards in 1st quarter!

wait a sec, there's a bucs guy?

#17629 70 days ago

After 10 years of mediocrity it appears that Skins GM is pretty cemented in his position so he should be unconcerned with the obvious tank.

Best thing they could do is let Haskins air it out 40+ times and go into the offseason with some idea of who they have. Loser franchises hide their QBs for 4 years, pick up the 5th year option, and eventually replace said QBs with a washout from another loser franchise after starting 2-4.

#17631 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure you didn't watch the game (why would you?!) today, but Haskins had an EXCELLENT game, by far his best as a pro. Had a few off throws, but was quick, decisive, smart with the football (till that ridiculous final play), good reads and had serious zip on this throws. His progress is coming along slowly but nicely, seems dumb to change the game plan and throw it 50 times just so he can get the shit knocked out of him all day and throw into double coverage because the opponent knows they are throwing all day. I wouldn't consider that smart at all.

haha you are correct I did not and would not watch as my quota of shitty NFL teams to follow is filled. Great to hear he played well. The NFL is short on good QB play. I just now checked and saw 28 attempts. I get your sentiment about getting blown up, but nowhere near enough for development or identifying talent imo.

#17633 70 days ago

iirc the rumor was the Jags were high on Watson but then inexplicably drafted a plodding RB at #4. Was that a Coughlin thing? As a Tennessee fan I'm equally enthused and disappointed by the decision

#17669 69 days ago

geaux saintses!

#17841 67 days ago

This thread has went off the rails.

.. so was the Browns guy a legit thing, or just someone stirring things up? Perhaps an attempt to unite former adversaries, like those occasional weird Tom and Jerry episodes where they were pals with a common foe?

#17992 64 days ago

Go Bucs!

crab.gif
#17994 64 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And Winston tosses a pick 6 first play of the game. Ha!

He's must-watch tv!

#17996 64 days ago

Jameis throws so many ducks. Even Wentz has to be like damn bro!

#18005 64 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It ain’t over. He’s been doing this shit since FSU days. They will never win a SB with him.

He still stares down his primary read like Mariota. How about that qb class of 2015?

#18058 63 days ago

Saints edge rushers are the real deal. They're going to be a problem for someone in the playoffs

#18060 63 days ago

I just noticed Lennay Kekua's boyfriend is still in the league

#18081 63 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

It’s obvious that the Eagles are cheating they must have swapped out the Cowboys gloves with some Walmart pair. Cause they can’t catch shit.

If only there were a website impartially documenting the rampant NFL cheats

#18278 58 days ago

Id be good with doing away with byes or adding a wildcard team and just having one bye team.

#18295 57 days ago

NFL's top 10 QBs:

QUARTERBACK (10): Sammy Baugh, Tom Brady*, John Elway, Brett Favre, Otto Graham*, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana*, Roger Staubach, Johnny Unitas*.

*Denotes unanimous selection.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091999/article/nfls-alltime-team-tom-brady-joe-montana-top-quarterbacks

At the risk of offending Packer Nation, does anyone feel Favre is superior to Brees? I cant really comment about the old timers but that one seems egregious.

#18412 56 days ago

Still not a fan of Payton. Pretty dumb to keep starters in the game up 35-3 in the 3rd.

#18498 56 days ago

gonna take me a few days to wrap my head around Jameis's accomplishments this year

#18543 55 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

5,109 yards, 33 TDs, 30 INTs

don't sell him short. he had 5 lost fumbles too.

#18572 55 days ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I watched Josh Allen play his entire college career at UW. If the Bills get the "A" Allen they have a shot to go to the super bowl. If they get the over throwing "C" Allen they will probably lose in the first round. I hope he comes through and puts some points on the board, otherwise the Bills D will have to win the game(s) for them.

The Bills only chance is to pressure Watson into turnovers like the Broncos game

#18646 54 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Also, those old school guys died penniless and crapping their depends in a state run nursing home. Noone remembers most of their names and they are completely forgotten and irrelevant today by all but a few old farts on deaths door who themselves will be completely forgotten a few years from today,

too dark bro

#18655 54 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Anyone else think that the Titans are going to kick the Patriots ass in Foxboro? The last 5 weeks the Titans have looked pretty good and the last 5 weeks the Pats have looked pretty crappy.

GOAT, Belichick, January in Foxborough, +21 turnover differential.

TBH the -4.5 spread seems generously low.

#18662 54 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Here's to a New Year and more importantly a New Super Bowl Champion!

It's setting up like Peyton's last hurrah!

#18678 54 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots are horrible against big, powerful running backs, Tennessee doesn't have anyone like that, do they?
If Derrick Henry doesn't have 200 yards I'd be surprised.
This isn't the same team that went to the last 3 Super Bowls. If anything this game should be a "pick em". I'll still be there rooting hard for the Pats but I'm not sure they have another big run in them.

This has 59 - 0 written all over it.

#18679 54 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think NO is going to struggle on the road playing in cold weather....playing at home in a dome is very different than having to travel to Lambo and play is 20 degree weather....

sorry I meant Brady setting up like Peyton Manning's final year in Denver. Limited offense, dominant defense. It's going to happen!

#18761 53 days ago

I think all the faves roll this week (so bold!!) with the games being one sided

#18778 53 days ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

My sports book has Seattle as the favorite.[quoted image]

yeah Seattle started as the dog then swung to favorite

#18806 52 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Only two quarterbacks have 4 or more wins vs Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and...you guessed it, Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill also leads the NFL in QBR. Derrick Henry is unstoppable and led the NFL in rushing. The Patriots are limping into the playoffs. If there ever was a year the Patriots are vulnerable, this is the year.

Dont even try to out-reverse-jinx a Titans fan. Your years of dominance have made this aspect of your game painfully weak.

59 - 0

#18834 52 days ago

ESPN reporting Garrett's done for real this time

#18842 51 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Of course I gotta go to Brady’s last game Saturday. The weather’s gonna be horrible! I’ll be sitting in the rain for 4 hours with only pockets full of Fireball to keep my alive. Here’s an excerpt from a great article this morning on Brady’s winning ways at Gillette:
Saturday will be his 152nd game (playoffs included) at Gillette. He’s 115-19 during the regular season and 14-3 during the playoffs. Not only has no other quarterback ever won so many games in a single stadium, he’s the only quarterback to even reach 100.
“Eight times he posted unbeaten regular-season records at home. Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota, Cincinnati and Browns, among others, never beat Brady there. He’s 6-0 against Pittsburgh (playoffs included). He’s 16-1 against Buffalo.”
I can see why all you jokers want him gone.

David vs Goliath

#18845 51 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you consider he was a 6th round draft pick then yeah, it's exactly like David vs Goliath.[quoted image]

An unstoppable force overwhelming opponents in every area! It's going to be Globetrotters vs Generals

#18854 51 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not this year, the Titans have a huge advantage in this game for reasons I've already mentioned. If Brady wins this though, it will really be an underdog performance. Don't believe the line, that's only set up to get people to bet on both sides of the wager.

Tennessee's porous line has no answer for Michel. 220 total yds and 3 tds against the 31st ranked red zone defense. Book it!

#18860 51 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I didn't have the two teams I do have, then I might never have anything to celebrate with all the hours I spend watching this shit.

So is Rivers going to Indy? What are your thoughts as a fan? Is there a chance of a Tannehill type resurgence?

#18868 51 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

D Henry - 200 yard games = 1
S Michel - 100 yard games = 0

Michel ran the gauntlet of the AFC East. Henry faced Houston's 2nd and 3rd stringers. 59 - 0 confirmed

#18869 51 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

His first four seasons he played every game. His last two with Miami he missed a total of 8 games.
He was pretty accurate, but there was always something else missing when he was in Miami. And they have always had a habit of letting key players go.

This was a fun season. By week 6 I was more down on the team than ever but he was a revelation. Even if he doesnt return to Tennessee I'll remain a fan. Unless Colts obviously.

#18881 51 days ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Looks like Thanksgiving came early. Congrats!

#18885 51 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I honestly have not been the biggest fan of the system since they started handing out bye weeks in the playoffs. Makes it super tough for anybody that does win this weekend to go on the road and have a chance next weekend. It's happened, but not lately or very often it seems.
But it gives people more games to watch and more money for the league to make and more stupid commercials that we will all have memorized by Monday.

preach on bro! The reward for a great season should be playing at home. Id like to do away with playoff byes and have a second regular season bye late in the year.

#18923 50 days ago

Pats -5.5 and climbing. It's happening!

#18933 50 days ago

As was posted earlier the percentage of superbowl teams who had a bye is overwhelming. In addition to be granted a defacto playoff win, which cannot be overstated, bye teams avoid knicks for a week - their opponent does not. They're given another week to recover from previous injuries. The opponent does not. They do not tip their hands - their opponent does. They receive another week to gameplan - the opponent may or may not. And of course the future home game (which is the proper reward for a great season)

#18939 50 days ago

I would bet a nickel that future cap increases will be swallowed up by QBs negotiating new deals

#18941 50 days ago

Bills odds looking better with Fuller out but Im still calling Houston

#18943 50 days ago

Whatchoo grilling?

#18947 50 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Best part about today are all the constant reminders of what drugs to take or not to take if you are suffering from pneumococcal pneumonia or have a sulfone urea.

Also do not take xofluza if you are allergic to xofluza

#18951 50 days ago

can we petition for noon starts?

imageproxy.gif
#19024 50 days ago
Quoted from boscokid:

romulusx showing off his pro grilling skills ITT

should post more often imo

#19031 50 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I guess Titans believe in that defense!

huge mistake

#19049 50 days ago

It says final but let's give it a few mins. Anything could happen

#19061 50 days ago

Great win but Tennessee was fortunate Chung got rocked early. If he sneezes in a dogpile the entire Titans offense tests positive.

#19106 49 days ago

I celebrated the win today with a brisket from bar-b-cutie

#19221 49 days ago

Well I whiffed on my picks this weekend but the games were fun. Hope for more of the same next week

#19234 49 days ago

Someone down in the dirty dirty please check in on pinball-is-great

#19332 48 days ago

I could see a scenario where the Skins trade back to 3 and still