5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 1,515.
#19651 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Double facepalm

*Double facepalm*

Fixed it for ya.

#19652 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*Double facepalm*
Fixed it for ya.

There’s an AP style for double facepalm?

You must be good at parties.

#19653 4 years ago

Well ive been away a couple of days and i was hoping to come in here and talk some football but i see that the forum clown is causing trouble as usual and disrupting everything. Some things never change!

#19654 4 years ago

You haven't missed much same ol' same ol' shit as they say.

#19655 4 years ago

Looks like the Browns are the only team now without a HC, who's left now that could be a good fit? I've not heard any news on a new GM either and I thought they'd get them first. Maybe they'll interview Johnny Manziel for HC......

#19656 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like the Browns are the only team now without a HC, who's left now that could be a good fit? I've not heard any news on a new GM either and I thought they'd get them first.

Nobody wants to coach that team and it don't matter anyway because they are destined to lose, especially with Mayfield and Beckham. If its brown flush it down!

#19657 4 years ago

Do you think the Vikings stand a chance against the 49ers? I can't see them walking away from this one. The 49ers are just to well balanced especially now they have defensive pieces back in place. Cousins will be under duress from first snap to last and he doesn't do well under pressure.

The Titans and Ravens is the game that worries me the most. I picked Ravens and SF for super bowl but the Titans seem to be peaking at the right time and sure looks to be the possible upset no ones looking for.

I think I'm going with the Packers over the Hawks and really no matter who wins this one I don't think it could be called an upset. The two appear pretty much a push with either just as likely to prevail. No I don't think Lambeau field will play much of a part in this one before anyone asks. Weather is something both teams are used to having to deal with, that and noise so I think it's a non-factor, or at least minimal in nature.

Texans/Chiefs, I can't see this going any other way than a win for the Chiefs, just to much all the way round for Texans to overcome.

#19658 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Do you think the Vikings stand a chance against the 49ers?

No way dude. Im going with the Chiefs vs 49’rs in the super bowl and i think the niners will win but im going to be rooting for Mahomes and the Chiefs ........sorry PTOWN.

Did you hear that dirtbag? I’m rooting for Mahomes because he’s my favorite NFL QB right now. Hmm........how can that be?? I bet you hate that because you’re not going to be able to call me the R word now!

#19659 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to the possible meeting of the Ravens and Chiefs, should be a titanic struggle! All that being said I'm going with the Ravens if they move forward this week.

#19660 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm looking forward to the possible meeting of the Ravens and Chiefs, should be a titanic struggle! All that being said I'm going with the Ravens if they move forward this week.

Ravins are balling right now for sure but im still not convinced that they are the real deal. The Browns beat them so what does that tell you?

#19661 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Browns beat them so what does that tell you?

Early on in the year and I'm not worried about it, every team has those "couldn't get it together games" at some point.

#19662 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody wants to coach that team and it don't matter anyway because they are destined to lose, especially with Mayfield and Beckham. If its brown flush it down!

Please stop.

#19663 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No way dude. Im going with the Chiefs vs 49’rs in the super bowl and i think the niners will win but im going to be rooting for Mahomes and the Chiefs ........sorry PTOWN.
Did you hear that dirtbag? I’m rooting for Mahomes because he’s my favorite NFL QB right now. Hmm........how can that be?? I bet you hate that because you’re not going to be able to call me the R word now!

#19664 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like the Browns are the only team now without a HC, who's left now that could be a good fit? I've not heard any news on a new GM either and I thought they'd get them first. Maybe they'll interview Johnny Manziel for HC......

Josh McDaniels is on Hasslams jet heading to Cleveland. Expect a announcement soon

#19665 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Josh McDaniels is on Hasslams jet heading to Cleveland. Expect a announcement soon

Really, I had read that he stated he was not leaving NE. Hmmmm maybe things have been decided already concerning Brady coming back and Daniels has decided he no longer wants to be there?

#19666 4 years ago

Seems like I remember he had previously stated he'd like to go to Cleveland the last time they were looking and chose Kitchens. So thinking back to then you could very well be right.

#19667 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

An announcement that he is interviewing? Yes, you are correct.

#19668 4 years ago

He might be a good choice for them but why the HC first? I suppose it rally doesn't matter, I just figured they'd go GM and then work with him to select a new HC.

#19669 4 years ago

GO HAWKS!

#19670 4 years ago

Atlanta? They play the 12-25 Wizards tonight...

#19671 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Texans/Chiefs, I can't see this going any other way than a win for the Chiefs, just to much all the way round for Texans to overcome.

If Mahomis can git the ball down the feild, Cheifs couwld esilly pull this one off.

#19672 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If Mahomis can git the ball down the field, Cheifs couwld esilly pull this one off.

This is what you've resorted to? Purposely making yourself look uneducated in an attempt to troll?

Yikes.

#19673 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is what you've resorted to? Purposely making yourself look uneducated in an attempt to troll?
Yikes.

YOU calling ME a troll is just absolutely fucking hilarious. It's called playing around, but your sense of humor is apparently non-existent, or was left on the field when your brother retired. As Levi said, you must be a God damn hoot at parties, or in any social setting for that matter.

I know or have run across plenty of educated people that just happen to be horrible at spelling, or just don't care to spell words correctly. Lighten up man.

#19674 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ravins are balling right now for sure but im still not convinced that they are the real deal. The Browns beat them so what does that tell you?

I think the Ravens are going to roll right over the Titans.

#19675 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

YOU calling ME a troll is just absolutely fucking hilarious. It's called playing around, but your sense of humor is apparently non-existent, or was left on the field when your brother retired. As Levi said, you must be a God damn hoot at parties, or in any social setting for that matter.
I know or have run across plenty of educated people that just happen to be horrible at spelling, or just don't care to spell words correctly. Lighten up man.

It's just a weird flex, that's all.

Whatever floats your boat.

#19676 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Who the fuck is this idiot dirtbag’s
brother?

#19677 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who the fuck is this idiot dirtbag’s
brother?

He played for the 90s cowboys for a year and got a SB ring, then the Bears cut him so you need to hate the Bears. He then deid from a mixture of AIDS, CTE, & suicide by cop.

#19678 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He played for the 90s cowboys for a year and got a SB ring, then the Bears cut him so you need to hate the Bears. He then deid from a mixture of AIDS, CTE, & suicide by cop.

What the hell,that’s not nice!

#19679 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell,that’s not nice!

I know right? No idea why they cut him

#19680 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

YOU calling ME a troll is just absolutely fucking hilarious

Lol that is rich!

#19681 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats ok....be fun to have a bet if we get that far....The Vikings are really good so the Niners better bring their A game on Sat ....if they do they should win pretty easily. If they don't, and Jimmy G turns over the ball then it could be a tough day. I really think it comes down to whether or not Dee Ford plays and is effective. The guy is always hurt and hasn't played the second half of the year. It will be really hard to the Vikings to score if Ford plays and is effective.

#19682 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Untrue. His brother is still alive. Jim Schwantz. He's actually the Mayor of Palatine, IL.

Also, schwantz or schwanz, is German slang for the male member, non-erectus.

#19683 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know right? No idea why they cut him

I meant your post wasn’t nice!
What was his dads name?

#19684 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Untrue. His brother is still alive. Jim Schwantz. He's actually the Mayor of Palatine, IL.

Technically it means "tail".

#19685 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Schwantz

yup

What dirtBag always neglects to tell you is that his Bro pretty much stunk and the Bears actually gave the kid a chance, not once but twice.
His family should be very thankful for the Bears. Unfortunately his Bro did not make the cut on even poor performing Bears teams of the 90s

#19686 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What was his dads name?

Sugartits.

#19687 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Schwantz
yup
What dirtBag always neglects to tell you is that his Bro pretty much stunk and the Bears actually gave the kid a chance, not once but twice.
His family should be very thankful for the Bears. Unfortunately his Bro did not make the cut on even poor performing Bears teams of the 90s

Went to the Pro Bowl. So, there's that. But what do I know, right?

#19688 4 years ago

Im picking SF, Baltimore, Houston, Seattle

#19689 4 years ago

Played from '92-'98 at LB position, pro bowl '96, special teams player of the year award, played for Chicago, Dallas, and 49ers. I'm not going to site his college stats but they were pretty decent considering he played in The Big Ten.

Nope have to say you're wrong Whysnow, while he was no star he appears to have been a decent athlete.

Quoted from Whysnow:

#19690 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats ok....be fun to have a bet if we get that far....The Vikings are really good so the Niners better bring their A game on Sat ....if they do they should win pretty easily. If they don't, and Jimmy G turns over the ball then it could be a tough day. I really think it comes down to whether or not Dee Ford plays and is effective. The guy is always hurt and hasn't played the second half of the year. It will be really hard to the Vikings to score if Ford plays and is effective.

I don't think the niners will have an issue... as long as they don't have to play from behind. Assuming they don't turn the ball over early, I think it's a lock. The niners front should have no problem getting into their backfield. The Packers dominated their OL in both matchups this year, and Cousins isn't good enough to overcome that.

But, I've been wrong once or twice before.

#19691 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Played from '92-'98 at LB position, pro bowl '96, special teams player of the year award, played for Chicago, Dallas, and 49ers. I'm not going to site his college stats but they were pretty decent considering he played in The Big Ten.
Nope have to say you're wrong Whysnow, while he was no star he appears to have been a decent athlete.

he played in the NFL; it goes without saying that he was decent.

My point being that Dirtbag hates the Bears for what they did to his brother... Reality is the bears took him on as an undrafted free agent and gave him a shot.

#19692 4 years ago

Ravens should easily beat the Titans
49ers should easily beat the Vikings
Chiefs should easily beat the Texans
Packers should beat the Seahawks

But, if the Wild Card round set the tone for this year's playoffs and you buy into the concept of any given Sunday, then I'd expect at least 1 or 2 upsets. The most likely one is the Seahawks beating the Packers, but I could see the Texans beating the Chiefs or the Vikings beating the 49ers.

#19693 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't think the niners will have an issue... as long as they don't have to play from behind.

That may have been true over the past 5-6 games. They have some defensive pieces back now and if they just exhibit average play the defense will carry them and give the offense time to score.

I just can't see it coming out in Vikings favor.

#19694 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My point being that Dirtbag hates the Bears for what they did to his brother...

Maybe he'll come around when they sign Brady

#19695 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My point being that Dirtbag hates the Bears for what they did to his brother... Reality is the bears took him on as an undrafted free agent and gave him a shot.

Thought you were speaking of his brothers play. Your correct on both points above.

#19696 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What dirtBag always neglects to tell you is that his Bro pretty much stunk

Quoted from RWH:

Thought you were speaking of his brothers play

#19697 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That may have been true over the past 5-6 games. They have some defensive pieces back now and if they just exhibit average play the defense will carry them and give the offense time to score.
I just can't see it coming out in Vikings favor.

While I think the 49ers should win, their defense hasn't really been that great for longer than 5-6 games, they were my defense for fantasy football so I was following them. They gave up 17 points to the Bucs, 17 points to the Bengals, 20 points to the Steelers, 25 and 26 to the Cardinals (two games), 24 and 21 to the Seahawks (two games), 17 to the Ravens, 46 to the Saints, 22 to the Falcons and 31 to the Rams. They only had 5 games where they held opponents to 13 or less points.

SF is tops in defending against the pass, but right in the middle of the pack in defending against the run. And the Vikings are 6th in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season. The statistical site FiveThirtyEight actually puts the 49ers vs Vikings game as the closest statistically, so statistically most likely to be the game where there is an upset.

#19698 4 years ago

I mean... he was not drafted...

Kinda speaks volumes doesn't it.
This was not a particularly strong draft year???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft

#19699 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I mean... he was not drafted...
Kinda speaks volumes doesn't it.
This was not a particularly strong draft year???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft

Just out of curiosity, in what round were you drafted?

I'll wait.

#19700 4 years ago

same as your brother... I did not make the cut.

only difference is my brother does not whine about it to everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/394 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.