pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,616 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 1,513.
#19601 4 years ago

Tom Brady signed 2 year contract worth $85m with Patriots. per NY Times.

#19602 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Tom Brady signed 2 year contract worth $85m with Patriots.

Is there a link? Google doesn't seem to know about this yet.

But good for him, finally getting paid on the back end. I doubt Belichick will be thrilled to have all that $$$ tied up with an aging QB, but hard to begrudge the guy his payday.

#19603 4 years ago

Nothing about it on NFL.com espn.com. CBS sports.com Twitter...

A NY newspaper trying to make headlines? Shocker

#19604 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Troll level 100

Well done.

#19605 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there a link? Google doesn't seem to know about this yet.

Could you even sign for 45 million a year?

#19606 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Here to talk about football, just like you.
As for the downvotes, all I can say is sometimes the truth hurts

Or you say a lot of really dumb shit that no one agrees with. Lol

#19607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'd be shocked if thats true....I call BS

#19608 4 years ago

you guys seriously gave that more than 10 seconds of thought... the guy pumping yourteamcheats.com forever... over repeat sources on twitter like adam schefter or Ian Rapoport? Come on...

#19609 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

you guys seriously gave that more than 10 seconds of thought... the guy pumping yourteamcheats.com forever... over repeat sources on twitter like adam schefter or Ian Rapoport? Come on...

yea that website is a complete joke....

#19610 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Or you say a lot of really dumb shit that no one agrees with. Lol

That made you laugh out loud? Interesting.

#19611 4 years ago

Lets say that it is true, how would an 85 million 2yr contract stack up against some of the bigger contracts signed over the last 2 yrs.? Seems pretty hefty especially when you consider his age.
I can only think of one similar to this and that was Big Ben's contract that netted him 68 million over 2 yrs.

#19612 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lets say that it is true, how would an 85 million 2yr contract stack up against some of the bigger contracts signed over the last 2 yrs.? Seems pretty hefty especially when you consider his age.

Please stop.

#19613 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

ha.

Yes you actually got me to check.

I figure some very dumb GM signs TB12 to a two year, $40 million deal, with most of it guaranteed.

#19614 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ha.
Yes you actually got me to check.
I figure some very dumb GM signs TB12 to a two year, $40 million deal, with most of it guaranteed.

Dumb in a competitive sense maybe, but I would think his signing would translate into huge sales for some potential suitor.

#19615 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Dumb in a competitive sense maybe, but I would think his signing would translate into huge sales for some potential suitor.

Jersies and tickets, yeah, at least until the season goes to shit.

Any other predictions on what type of contract he'd bring in?

#19616 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It only took me 5 seconds to google Tom Brady!

#19617 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jersies and tickets, yeah, at least until the season goes to shit.
Any other predictions on what type of contract he'd bring in?

I think there is some clause with jersey sales that splits the revenue up with the league/teams, but I could certainly be wrong about that.

As for money, I don't have the faintest idea honestly. I believe he's looking for a two-year, max contract. I could see a team like The Chargers or The Raiders overpaying for him, for no reason outside of filling a new stadium in a new city.

The Chargers have no QB, a new stadium to fill, huge cap space, and are in Brady's home state. They could surround him with talent due to available funds, they would have people lining up to see the new team with Tom behind center, and if he simply acts as a game manager it should be enough to get them to the playoffs and keep the fan base happy. Gisele would feel at home in LA, and Tom can see what he can do without Bill (and vice versa). I can't imagine a more favorable situation for him.

#19618 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I think there is some clause with jersey sales that splits the revenue up with the league/teams, but I could certainly be wrong about that.
As for money, I don't have the faintest idea honestly. I believe he's looking for a two-year, max contract. I could see a team like The Chargers or The Raiders overpaying for him, for no reason outside of filling a new stadium in a new city.
The Chargers have no QB, a new stadium to fill, huge cap space, and are in Brady's home state. They could surround him with talent due to available funds, they would have people lining up to see the new team with Tom behind center, and if he simply acts as a game manager it should be enough to get them to the playoffs and keep the fan base happy. Gisele would feel at home in LA, and Tom can see what he can do without Bill (and vice versa). I can't imagine a more favorable situation for him.

Plus Odin in the stands cheering him on every other Sunday!

#19619 4 years ago

*facepalm*

#19620 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

the chargers owner is way too cheap to make of any of that happen....

#19621 4 years ago

Kenny Clark (DT) missed practice yesterday with a back. I haven't heard whether he practiced today. That would be a significant blow, as he's a very prominent member of our front 7.

Weather report for Sunday in GB:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I was hoping for something a little more GB than that.

#19622 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Kenny Clark (DT) missed practice yesterday with a back. I haven't heard whether he practiced today. That would be a significant blow, as he's a very prominent member of our front 7.
[quoted image]

Looks like mild weather for GB....

#19623 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like mild weather for GB....

Yep. Unfortunate. It's been really unseasonably warm here all winter. I was hoping we'd get at least a better representation of how miserable it could be during this matchup, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

#19624 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

the chargers owner is way too cheap to make of any of that happen....

Or maybe he's too cheap for it not to happen? I think it will depend on the cost of unfilled seats/merchandise sales compared to the cost of signing Brady. I really don't have much idea of what those numbers will look like.

If you think he's really going to make a difference, you may also consider the potential benefit of an extra home game.

It would be really interesting to see what the expected revenue of a filled seat is (ticket, merch, concessions), and what that looks like over the course of a season.

#19625 4 years ago

Yep. Unfortunate. It's been really unseasonably warm here all winter. I was hoping we'd get at least a better representation of how miserable it could be during this matchup, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

GLobal warming's latest victim: The Packers

#19626 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GLobal warming's latest victim: The Packers

FB_IMG_1569341147080__01 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1569341147080__01 (resized).jpg
#19627 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

[quoted image]

I don’t like you at all but I got to admit that’s funny

#19628 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Good news for Seattle if there is no snow in Green Bay.

#19629 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Good news for Seattle if there is no snow in Green Bay.

All they need is Wilson and he knows it all too well.

#19630 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All they need is Wilson and he knows it all too well.

He was with the Badgers for 1 year, and their season (at home) ends in November. Here's the weather in his last game at Camp Randall:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

January is an entirely different animal.... most years.

Overall he hasn't been very successful at Lambeau. I still think if we can get a consistent edge rush from both sides, we're in good shape.

#19631 4 years ago

He was with the Badgers for 1 year, and their season (at home) ends in November. Here's the weather in his last game at Camp Randall:[quoted image]

What was his second to last game like since we're just cherry picking random shit?

#19632 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What was his second to last game like since we're just cherry picking random shit?

What makes it random? It's the last game he played at Wisconsin, so presumably one of the coldest. I'm annoyed at myself for doing this for you, but while at Wisconsin his coldest game was at Ohio State.. 43*. Not exactly muklok weather.

I might expect that kind of tone from someone from Florida or something.. but can't you extrapolate your experience in MI to a (sort of) neighboring state in the same climate?

What month would you rather skip town, November or January?

#19633 4 years ago

What makes it random? It's the last game he played at Wisconsin, so presumably one of the coldest.

That right there. You're not going to school Who-dey, don't talk like him

#19634 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That right there. You're not going to school Who-dey, don't talk like him

I'm not really sure how to interpret what you're saying.. but if you're insinuating that knowingly selecting the (most probable) statistically coldest date from a selection of games at a specific venue is "random", it's not. Random would have been throwing all of the weeks into a number generator, or some other means of choosing a selection, and using that.

I think what you're trying to accuse me of is called "observer bias", to which I am admittedly guilty. Luckily, it's served me quite well in this case, since my narrative remains intact even after evaluating all of the data in the entire sample.

#19635 4 years ago

Not clowneying around, I’m rooting for Green Bay.

#19636 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Will now,that’s a surprise!

#19637 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not clowneying around

Okay, you guys are just messing around now. Right?

#19638 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You obviously didn’t get it.

#19639 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wish both teams could lose. Neither one of them are one of my favorite 8 teams

#19640 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I wish both teams could lose. Neither one of them are one of my favorite 8 teams

..top 31?

#19641 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Plus Odin in the stands cheering him on every other Sunday!

myteamendedupwithyourreject.com

#19642 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

You have a favorite 8 teams? That seems like a lot!

#19643 4 years ago

Ok. I’m good with that

#19644 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You have a favorite 8 teams? That seems like a lot!

Well apparently having 2 favorite teams is crazy to some in here. I was just messing around. I actually have one fav. The bears

#19645 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Well apparently having 2 favorite teams is crazy to some in here. I was just messing around. I actually have one fav. The bears

Pronounce it right..we all know it’s ‘da bears’..

#19646 4 years ago

I want to see a Vikings vs Packers NFC Championship

#19647 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Pronounce it right..we all know it’s ‘da bears’..

Normally I would, but I didn’t want to trigger the speech police

D01F7757-EA85-4C87-8D34-A4FA5843CEB5 (resized).jpegD01F7757-EA85-4C87-8D34-A4FA5843CEB5 (resized).jpeg
#19648 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your right it was Seifert, but Walsh was orchestrator of the entire thing....he had no emotional ties to anyone, and knew Steve Young would eventually take over

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm old enough to remember the transition, but apparently not how it all started. I didn't realize Walsh wanted to move on much earlier.

https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2018/1/12/16882228/flashback-friday-joe-montana-steve-young-controversy-jimmy-garoppolo-tom-brady

#19649 4 years ago

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm old enough to remember the transition, but apparently not how it all started. I didn't realize Walsh wanted to move on much earlier.
https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2018/1/12/16882228/flashback-friday-joe-montana-steve-young-controversy-jimmy-garoppolo-tom-brady

Yep he actually writes about it in his book....replacing a legend is never easy....unless u have Steve Young in your back pocket....it was basically the Patriot model until they choose not release Brady and go with Jimmy G....not to say Jimmy G is in the same league as Steve Young, but he's pretty darn good

#19650 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Double facepalm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 75,616 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/393?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.