nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 1,516.
#19451 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t forget Chip Kelly and his sports science smoothies. What a friggin trainwreck that guy was.

yea he was terrible.....

#19452 4 years ago

Could be wrong but I don't think David Gettleman has any idea what he's doing.

They've been bad for a while, a churning through coaches like Kleenex, and despite continued high draft picks are showing no improvement.

#19453 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That's a tough call. You can never count Rodgers or Wilson out if either of them has the ball in the last two minutes and it's a close game. Unless Clowney takes Rodgers out in the 1st quarter.

Do you really think it was intentional? And, wentz didnt produce while he was in(28 yards of offense I think). It was unfortunate he got hurt, but part of the game.

#19454 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Could be wrong but I don't think David Gettleman has any idea what he's doing.
They've been bad for a while, a churning through coaches like Kleenex, and despite continued high draft picks are showing no improvement.

Why, cause they hire a head coach who's never even been a coordinator? Lol. They never should have drafted Barkley that high 2 years ago. They're going to waste his best years without contending for anything.

#19455 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Could be wrong but I don't think David Gettleman has any idea what he's doing. They've been bad for a while, a churning through coaches like Kleenex, and despite continued high draft picks are showing no improvement.

You may be right, but I'm banking on the CrazyLevi prediction track record to mean that the new coach plus another great year (for draft position) is our golden ticket to taking the NFC East next year. Coach Judge has his work cut out for him, but the top of the heap is only 9-7 ...

#19456 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did he get dumped from the Lions yet?

Whenever you find yourself asking this question, the answer will always be no.
He'll be out next year so he can;t screw up Tua that much

#19458 4 years ago

Tickets for the SF game are going up, already over $550.00 now. Will they approach the Dal/LAR ticket price of $750ish??

#19459 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Do you really think it was intentional? And, wentz didnt produce while he was in(28 yards of offense I think). It was unfortunate he got hurt, but part of the game.

Mike Pereira came out today and said: it was a dirty hit, Clowney led with his helmet and it was spearing per the Rules, should have been a penalty, and was an unnecessary shot at Wentz while he was already being tackled by another defender. And he flat out said he based those conclusions on live footage, not a slowed down replay.

So I’m good with hearing that from an NFL official. I’m done with the argument.

#19460 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

New York Giants sign Patriots wide receiver coach to be head coach says Shefter

All season I've wondered who that guy was so we could fire him for having the worst WRs in the NFL. Bad personnel decisions, questionable draft, poor play with no separation - all season. Now I know his name at least! And the Giants HIRED HIM as their HC?!?!

#19461 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick calls it quits this year....he's a smart guy and probably realizes the party's over....they have no backup or answer to Brady so its gonna be tough sledding for quite a while (even thought they play in a terrible division)

#19462 4 years ago

I feel like they are waiting. They are on the phone now asking Gronk if he can do one more year with the ol gang.
If he won't, Brady could leave, but I don't think Bellicheck is going anywhere....unless Kraft pisses him of enough.

It's really going to come down to the Kraft wanting Brady & Bellicheck wanting to move on.

#19463 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick calls it quits this year....he's a smart guy and probably realizes the party's over....they have no backup or answer to Brady so its gonna be tough sledding for quite a while (even thought they play in a terrible division)

No, his ego will make him want to prove it wasn't Brady, but it was him all along and he will be able to do it with someone else.

#19464 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

All season I've wondered who that guy was so we could fire him for having the worst WRs in the NFL. Bad personnel decisions, questionable draft, poor play with no separation - all season. Now I know his name at least! And the Giants HIRED HIM as their HC?!?!

I was curious about that as well. But don't forget, he was also your special teams coordinator!

#19465 4 years ago

I always love it when a team can go 12-4, win their division and host a playoff game...

...and people say the party is over.

What does that mean for the 2-14 Bengals? The party is over, they are dead and their body has already started to decompose in a shallow grave?

#19466 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I always love it when a team can go 12-4, win their division and host a playoff game... ...and people say the party is over. What does that mean for the 2-14 Bengals? The party is over, they are dead and their body has already started to decompose in a shallow grave?

Everyone knows the Bengals never had a party.

#19467 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Why, cause they hire a head coach who's never even been a coordinator? Lol. They never should have drafted Barkley that high 2 years ago. They're going to waste his best years without contending for anything.

Because he’s 38? Isn’t Sean Mcvay 38?

Except for the age Reminds me of the Jim Zorn hire.

#19468 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I was curious about that as well. But don't forget, he was also your special teams coordinator!

Hey they blocked some punts this year, good hire!

Quoted from dirtbag66:

...they are dead and their body has already started to decompose in a shallow grave?

Their corpse has been rotting for 20 years dude.
EDIT: and by 20 I mean 30

#19469 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's really going to come down to the Kraft wanting Brady & Bellicheck wanting to move on.

What will this "-gate" be called?

Poll added:
* Move-along-gate
* End-of-the-dynasty-gate
* The-party-is-over-gate
* Ego-gate
* other

#19470 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Poll added:
* Move-along-gate
* The-party-is-over-gate
* Ego-gate
* other

Kick your ass out and shut the gate behind you gate.

#19471 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Poll added:
* Move-along-gate
* The-party-is-over-gate
* Ego-gate
* other

One way gate.

#19472 4 years ago

Tem Lukabu Bengals line backers coach leaving to take OC job at Boston College. Good riddance our LB core was horrible, feel sorry for BC.

#19477 4 years ago
patriots lost safe (resized).jpgpatriots lost safe (resized).jpg
#19478 4 years ago
patriots lost (resized).jpgpatriots lost (resized).jpg
#19479 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, his ego will make him want to prove it wasn't Brady, but it was him all along and he will be able to do it with someone else.

That might be so, but his party is over ..... his success is directly related to having Brady who not only was great, but was fine taking less money for the good of the team. Without a top notch QB the Patriots have no chance is this offensive oriented league......they screwed themselves when they traded Jimmy G for a second round pick.

#19480 4 years ago

So why are so many convinced Brady won't return to the Patriots? Contract money?

#19481 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

they screwed themselves when they traded Jimmy G for a second round pick.

The situation was untenable. With Brady not going anywhere they weren't gonna be able to afford both of them. That trade was like 3 years ago.

Quoted from o-din:

So why are so many convinced Brady won't return to the Patriots? Contract money?

Yeah I'm not sure either, but that's certainly part of it. Brady may want the challenge of going somewhere else. Somewhere warm. He could probably get a pretty fat 1 or 2 year deal from some desperate idiots who don't realize how bad he's gonna be next year.

On the Patriots side, Bill isn't stupid- he knows when it's time to move on. They ALWAYS move players a little early rather than later; so maybe it's simply time for the Patriots to move on. Maybe the "hometown discounts" are over and they have some choices to make.

Not sure why people seem to be "convinced" but there's more uncertainty than there ever has been there.

#19482 4 years ago

And Brady was not going to allow them to keep Jimmy.

Quoted from o-din:

He's and UFA. There have been shananagins all year with Brady putting g his mansion up for sale, his cult leade... Er "doctor" putting his house up, he's old, he doesn't look as good, fading, etc
Rumor is he wants a 2 year deal and pats want 1.

#19483 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I always love it when a team can go 12-4, win their division and host a playoff game...
...and people say the party is over.
What does that mean for the 2-14 Bengals? The party is over, they are dead and their body has already started to decompose in a shallow grave?

Talk about the Bengals all you want but they whipped your ass good that last game.

#19484 4 years ago

Have to agree with most of what's said, he's lost some of his old ability and it's not coming back. I think he'll retire along with Bill.

#19485 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Have to agree with most of what's said, he's lost some of his old ability and it's not coming back. I think he'll retire along with Bill.

This year?

#19486 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The situation was untenable. With Brady not going anywhere they weren't gonna be able to afford both of them. That trade was like 3 years ago.

Yeah I'm not sure either, but that's certainly part of it. Brady may want the challenge of going somewhere else. Somewhere warm. He could probably get a pretty fat 1 or 2 year deal from some desperate idiots who don't realize how bad he's gonna be next year.
On the Patriots side, Bill isn't stupid- he knows when it's time to move on. They ALWAYS move players a little early rather than later; so maybe it's simply time for the Patriots to move on. Maybe the "hometown discounts" are over and they have some choices to make.
Not sure why people seem to be "convinced" but there's more uncertainty than there ever has been there.

My point is Belichick isn't as smart as he think he is....he should of moved on from Brady 2 years a go and gone with Jimmy G....now the Pats are screwed because finding a great QB in this league is not easy.....its exactly what Bill Walsh did with Montana....let him go and gave Steve Young the reins

#19487 4 years ago

The NFL has moved on from pocket passers to mobile/running QBs. You can bet BB is going to be around post Brady to see what he can dream up.

Kraft was interviewed once and he said that Belichick planned to leave after he accomplished a certain accomplishment. This was a couple of years ago. I think it's 10 SB Championships. He already has 8 between the Patriots and Giants. I think he wins two more and then hangs it up.

#19488 4 years ago

Yes I think Brady fell off this year despite the wins.

#19489 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My point is Belichick isn't as smart as he think he is....he should of moved on from Brady 2 years a go and gone with Jimmy G....now the Pats are screwed because finding a great QB in this league is not easy.....its exactly what Bill Walsh did with Montana....let him go and gave Steve Young the reins

How can you say that? They've won 2 superbowls since then.

#19490 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yes I think Brady fell off this year despite the wins.

No I meant that he'll retire this year?

#19491 4 years ago

The Rams have let Bum Phillips go so someone has a shot at 37 yrs NFL experience at just about every position. Defensive coordinator.

#19492 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Rams have let Bum Phillips go so someone has a shot at 37 yrs NFL experience as just about every position. Defensive coordinator.

That's Son of Bum to you.

And I'd be pleased if he ends up with the Giants. Did great work in Denver.

#19493 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

How can you say that? They've won 2 superbowls since then.

I guess he's saying Jimmy would won the 3rd one too.

#19494 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No I meant that he'll retire this year?

Yes I think he won't be back unless it's as a Patriot. I think Tom will go out on top, he's got nothing left prove in his career.

#19495 4 years ago

I know he said himself it's unlikely he'd retire but, that was right after the season and I think by next season he'll be announcing his retirement.

#19496 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know he said himself it's unlikely he'd retire but, that was right after the season and I think by next season he'll be announcing his retirement.

Hey we should hire Marvin back as a defensive coordinator RWH. What do you think?

#19497 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess he's saying Jimmy would won the 3rd one too.

Not saying that at all...just saying moving on from a legend takes balls and Belichick didnt have the balls to make the move when he should have.....without Brady lets see how good the Pats are next year.....

#19498 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey we should hire Marvin back as a defensive coordinator RWH. What do you think?

No!

#19499 4 years ago

I hope they quell the Brady coming to Chargers rumor.

We already have an old QB that lately throws more picks than game winning touchdowns.

#19500 4 years ago

Even as a rabid Pats fan I kinda long for this drama to come to a close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/390?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.