nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 1,507.
#19401 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pasadena is a lot better area than downtown Irwindale, that's for sure.
Only time I would go near Irwindale, is when scouring the junkyards of neighboring Wilmington. I always felt safe, but then again I always got out of there before dark.

Why would a stadium need to be new to host a Super Bowl? Nobody seems to complain when it hosts it's annual bowl game or some of the large concerts they have had there.

I think its a great venue for a game as I've been to several Rose Bowls.....The one negative is the ingress and egress into and out of the stadium sucks...probably the worst I've every seen, but the venue is great....NFL seems to want to play in modern stadiums

#19402 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think its a great venue for a game as I've been to several Rose Bowls.....The one negative is the ingress and egress into and out of the stadium sucks...probably the worst I've every seen, but the venue is great....NFL seems to want to play in modern stadiums

It’s an award sometimes for building a new stadium

#19403 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly. Meaning scientifically by the rules of internet message boards, The eagles will never make the playoffs again with Wentz.

Never thought I'd get a downvote for talking shit about the skills of Trent Dilfer, but who am I to argue with extrapolated internet science.....

Thankfully, this also proves that after leaving Philly for JAX, Nick Foles will still be traded 2 additional times, will never make the playoffs again, will never start more than 11 games in a season, and will finish his post-Eagles career 13-16. Knowing those facts, I feel much better about letting him go.

#19404 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Never thought I'd get a downvote for talking shit about the skills of Trent Dilfer, but who am I to argue with extrapolated internet science.....
Thankfully, this also proves that after leaving Philly for JAX, Nick Foles will still be traded 2 additional times, will never make the playoffs again, will never start more than 11 games in a season, and will finish his post-Eagles career 13-16. Knowing those facts, I feel much better about letting him go.

Yeah. In this case I would have made the same call the Eagles made, and I agree with your assessment of Foles. Though he may have some crazy brief comeback in 5 years Kurt Warner style.

But the Eagles have to do a much better job of selecting a backup QB, and change the way they are analyzing this position. Rolling with Wentz is a no-brainer but you have to realize someone like McCown ain't gonna cut it in 2021.

#19405 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah. In this case I would have made the same call the Eagles made, and I agree with your assessment of Foles. Though he may have some crazy brief comeback in 5 years Kurt Warner style.
But the Eagles have to do a much better job of selecting a backup QB, and change the way they are analyzing this position. Rolling with Wentz is a no-brainer but you have to realize someone like McCown ain't gonna cut it in 2021.

My chiefs called Matt Moore, who was basically retired. I believe that he was a high school coach before playing a few games when Mahomes went down w a dislocated kneecap. Mind you, he kept it fairly simple w a lot of dink n dunks..and had a Kelce, Watkins, Hill and Hardman to throw too as well..maybe a bad comparison, but not to far off. I thought that McCown did alright all things considered..

#19406 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

someone like McCown ain't gonna cut it in 2021.

There is no crying in football!!

Wait.... Is that baseball?

#19407 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, they made the playoffs. Even hosted a game.
I won $10 on the spread and another $15 against $10 when the Titans won outright.
Wish they were playing next week too.

A shorter playoff than usually.

Speaking of the Patriots what do you think of the Brady going to the Raiders rumors ?

#19408 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Speaking of the Patriots what do you think of the Brady going to the Raiders rumors ?

As long as he doesn't come here, I don't really care. Actually if he does go to the Raiders, that would improve The Chargers chances within the division.

Raiders already have a pretty good QB in Carr with quite a few years left in him.

The best place for Brady is to stay where he is IMO.

#19409 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

A shorter playoff than usually.

The raiders have plenty of issues that are bigger than their QB and replacing Carr (who looks better than Brady at this point anyway) with him isn't the one thing needed to push them over the hump.

I am not a Brady fan in any way, but I pretty much can guarantee that unless that guy thinks he is going somewhere where he can win it all, right now, he's either staying put or retiring. It's an ego decision....

#19410 4 years ago

The Cowboys might be the perfect fit. Their QB sucks as of late. He'd probably get along with the owner real well.

#19411 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Cowboys might be the perfect fit. Their QB sucks as of late. He'd probably get along with the owner real well.

It's hard to be convinced he "sucks, " even of late.
He had a 65.1% completion rate, 4,902 yards, and a 99.7 QB rating on the year.
His last 5 games were a bit more up and down...but still not bad. He had 2 great games, 2 above average, and one bad. Below are the stats:

Screenshot_20200106-230941 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200106-230941 (resized).png
#19412 4 years ago

Stat that matters is four losses in the last six games and eight wins total the entire season.

#19413 4 years ago

Or if you think you still have the ability and skills to compete in the league at top level and win another Super Bowl, why would you leave a team that just had a 13 win season where you are familiar with the system and have spent your entire career and the coach has shown time and time again he knows how to bring in players to fill gaps after years they did not win it all?

That would be your best chance to win. Unless somebody there has decided your days as starter are over.

#19414 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stat that matters is four losses in the last six games and eight wins total the entire season.

They didn't lose because of Prescott. They lost because of an atrocious defense that couldn't tackle.

Football is a team sport.

#19415 4 years ago

Maybe it's the scotch, but I'm feeling increasingly confident about the Packers advancing.

Seattle's OL is pretty damn banged up. Our pass rush has been very, very good this year. Alexander is a top flight CB, I feel good with him on Lockett. King has been really up and down, but he mostly gets beat on good routes. He's got range, and he's pretty big for a CB. He feels like a pretty good matchup against a still-green-straight-route DKMetcalf.

The question mark there is Wilson. I never want to be up 1 score and give him the ball at the end of a game. If you can get some pressure on him AND contain, that usually does it. I think we're capable given that our OLB are both playing really well and disciplined.

Offense? I will always feel good as long as Rodgers is getting the ball out on time. As long as that's happening, I think we're effective enough. Finding creative ways to get Aaron Jones into the flats is also important. I really like the idea of 2-back sets, but we never do that, despite having a complimentary HB and a FB on roster.

Plus, Rodgers feasts upon all your bitterness and anger.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#19416 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's hard to be convinced he "sucks, " even of late.
He had a 65.1% completion rate, 4,902 yards, and a 99.7 QB rating on the year.
His last 5 games were a bit more up and down...but still not bad. He had 2 great games, 2 above average, and one bad. Below are the stats:[quoted image]

Now take the cheating out and let's re-do those stats...

#19417 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Maybe it's the scotch, but I'm feeling increasingly confident about the Packers advancing.
Seattle's OL is pretty damn banged up. Our pass rush has been very, very good this year. Alexander is a top flight CB, I feel good with him on Lockett. King has been really up and down, but he mostly gets beat on good routes. He's got range, and he's pretty big for a CB. He feels like a pretty good matchup against a still-green-straight-route DKMetcalf.
The question mark there is Wilson. I never want to be up 1 score and give him the ball at the end of a game. If you can get some pressure on him AND contain, that usually does it. I think we're capable given that our OLB are both playing really well and disciplined.
Offense? I will always feel good as long as Rodgers is getting the ball out
on time. As long as that's happening, I think we're effective enough. Finding creative ways to get Aaron Jones into the flats is also important. I really like the idea of 2-back sets, but we never do that, despite having a complimentary HB and a FB on roster.
Plus, Rodgers feasts upon all your bitterness and anger.
[quoted image]

"Our"?
"We're"?
"We"?

What position do you play for the Packers? Can't believe you kept this from us this whole time.

#19418 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or if you think you still have the ability and skills to compete in the league at top level and win another Super Bowl, why would you leave a team that just had a 13 win season where you are familiar with the system and have spent your entire career and the coach has shown time and time again he knows how to bring in players to fill gaps after years they did not win it all?
That would be your best chance to win. Unless somebody there has decided your days as starter are over.

What if he goes to, let's say the Browns (*laugh track*) and helps them advance to the AFC Championship (*more laugh track*). Shoot, I think the fans would be happy with just a Wild Card win! But let's say he takes them to the SB. This would cement his legacy as the GOAT. All the scandals in NE will haunt him forever. Sure he's a first ballot HoF'er, but anyone outside the Boston area will always consider him a cheater. Just a thought.

#19419 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Our"?
"We're"?
"We"?
What position do you play for the Packers? Can't believe you kept this from us this whole time.

Ha! I know you're just doing your best to be a dick. But, yes, I do feel a part of the Packers. You may or may not know this, but the Packers are publicly owned. That means that the citizens of Wisconsin (or great people outside of Wisconsin) have donated enough money to prevent the Green Bay Packers from becoming owned by some dipshit billionaire, or that dipshit billionaire's geriatric wife.

I bought stock in the Packers during the last sale. Some people think it's silly. In some ways I agree. I don't really think it makes me an owner. But I do think it gives me the ability to use terms like "Our, we're, we".

If you still think it's silly... think about your shitty team, think about your shitty owner. Now think about how good the Green Bay Packers have been over that past 30 years. Wouldn't it be nice to at least have a vote to say that person responsible for your shitty team needs to GTFO? I at least have the ability to vote on our BOD, and vote to upend it if things go bad. It's a nice perk that "we" have here in Wisconsin.

It's seriously the coolest thing in all of sports.

#19420 4 years ago

Brady is hoarding the where will he play next season talk but what about Brees? He's a free agent and can't throw deep. Retire? Brees to the Chargers? Talk is Saints are considering moving on.

#19421 4 years ago

Ha! I know you're just doing your best to be a dick. But, yes, I do feel a part of the Packers. You may or may not know this, but the Packers are publicly owned. That means that the citizens of Wisconsin (or great people outside of Wisconsin) have donated enough money to prevent the Green Bay Packers from becoming owned by some dipshit billionaire, or that dipshit billionaire's geriatric wife.
I bought stock in the Packers during the last sale. Some people think it's silly. In some ways I agree. I don't really think it makes me an owner. But I do think it gives me the ability to use terms like "Our, we're, we".
If you still think it's silly... think about your shitty team, think about your shitty owner. Now think about how good the Green Bay Packers have been over that past 30 years. Wouldn't it be nice to at least have a vote to say that person responsible for your shitty team needs to GTFO? I at least have the ability to vote on our BOD, and vote to upend it if things go bad. It's a nice perk that "we" have here in Wisconsin.
It's really the coolest thing in all of sports, but nice try.

How many shares are available?
Can you resell?
Do you get votes equal to number of shares you own?

#19422 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you resell?

I didn't claim any of that. I tell people it gives me only a couple of powers...

1. To use the terms "us", "we", "we're".
2. Have the ability to vote on the board. Not all that powerful, but better than "I just won't go to a game", when some other fucking dickhead will just go in your place anyway. Ask CrazyLevi how much his boycotts have helped oust Snyder.

#19423 4 years ago

Ask crazylevi how much his boycotts have helped oust Snyder.

To be fair, "we" finally got rid of Bruce Allen. This happens every 10 years in DC now. When the stadium is empty, or filled with tens of thousands of opposing fans, Snyder finally fires his best friend/drinking buddy/shitty GM and starts over.

So it's something.

#19424 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you resell?

Who cares about all that shit, he’s 100% right that it’s a cool and totally unique ownership structure. You think they’d prefer to have some billionaire douchebag own the team? No way they’d still be in Green Bay if that were the case.

If those were honest questions though, here’s all the info:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers,_Inc.

#19425 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Brady is hoarding the where will he play next season talk but what about Brees? He's a free agent and can't throw deep. Retire? Brees to the Chargers? Talk is Saints are considering moving on.

All these old guys need to take a seat and GTFO.

#19426 4 years ago

I'm pretty fired up this morning. My wife asked me what my new year's resolution was this year. I said "stop being so nice to people". She said, "are you serious?". I said "Yes........ jerk".

It's been really good to be a Packers fan. We're good almost every damn year. Everyone in the division hates us, and I love it.

Think about it... Aaron Rodgers has made Whysnow question his own fucking reality... it really doesn't get any better than that.

#19427 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If those were honest questions though

They weren't. When they salt the roads up here in Wisconsin, Whysnow says "no thanks, I brought my own"

#19428 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What if he goes to, let's say the Browns (*laugh track*) and helps them advance to the AFC Championship (*more laugh track*). Shoot, I think the fans would be happy with just a Wild Card win! But let's say he takes them to the SB. This would cement his legacy as the GOAT. All the scandals in NE will haunt him forever. Sure he's a first ballot HoF'er, but anyone outside the Boston area will always consider him a cheater. Just a thought.

What do you think is the biggest factor preventing Brady from going to The Browns? Is it that Cleveland is a massive shithole, or that the franchise has been an embarrassment for six decades?

#19429 4 years ago

I'm pretty fired up this morning. My wife asked me what my new year's resolution was this year. I said "stop being so nice to people". She said, "are you serious?". I said "Yes........ jerk".
It's been really good to be a Packers fan. We're good almost every damn year. Everyone in the division hates us, and I love it.
Think about it... Aaron Rodgers has made Whysnow question his own fucking reality... it really doesn't get any better than that.

LOL WTF are you talking about? Question my reality.
You are completely delusional. If you think my reality is even remotely impacted by any sport you are crazy.

BTW, my questions were serious about ownership. Pretty interesting how that all works. Neat thing, but I dont think it entitles anyone to say "our" more than any other team fan.

#19430 4 years ago

They weren't. When they salt the roads up here in Wisconsin, Whysnow says "no thanks, I brought my own"

you drinking this morning? hahaha

I actually find this all entertaining.

Also, the Packers are favored by 3.5 this weekend. I am guessing that is low and still stand by my 9pt prediction for the win.

#19431 4 years ago

I don't see why people get all hung up on this "we" shit.

The entire point of supporting a sports team is a sense of identity. Saying "we" really shit the bed last night is pretty mild; wars have been started over soccer matches.

Sports fandom is a fucking goof. Whining about people saying "we" is at least as stupid as saying "we." If you are taking it this seriously you should find another hobby.

#19432 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL WTF are you talking about? Question my reality.
You are completely delusional. If you think my reality is even remotely impacted by any sport you are crazy.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It is just like WWE. Lots of theatrics, loosely scripted, and still can be entertaining.

nP58ga.gifnP58ga.gif
#19433 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't see why people get all hung up on this "we" shit.
The entire point of supporting a sports team is a sense of identity. Saying "we" really shit the bed last night is pretty mild; wars have been started over soccer matches.
Sports fandom is a fucking goof. Whining about people saying "we" is at least as stupid as saying "we." If you are taking it this seriously you should find another hobby.

When you feel like a dedicated fan of a team, you use terms like “we” or “our”. I’ve done it most of my life. And Deacon is even more justified, as he actually does have some level of ownership interest, as minute as it may be.

All of dirtbag’s posts are inflammatory, and most of them serve no actual purpose at all.

#19434 4 years ago

Carolina Panthers sign Matt Rhule as their hread coach

#19435 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Carolina Panthers sign Matt Rhule as their hread coach

I thought he had just said he was going to stay at Baylor. I guess that's nothing new, but damn, if I were ever to get a job where I'm revered at ANY college program, I'm staying for life.

#19436 4 years ago

Agree. Lincoln Riley would be crazy to leave Oklahoma for the NFL. Apparently the Giants were interested in Rhule but Carolina didn't let him out of the building

I thought he had just said he was going to stay at Baylor. I guess that's nothing new, but damn, if I were ever to get a job where I'm revered at ANY college program, I'm staying for life.

#19437 4 years ago

College coaches can always come the NFL, get paid, and fail, and it doesn't really matter. They are always welcome back to college.

#19438 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

College coaches can always come the NFL, get paid, and fail, and it doesn't really matter. They are always welcome back to college.

True, but there have been several great college coaches who were great in the NFL...Walsh, Johnson, Harbaugh....

#19439 4 years ago

I remember at least one NFL coach that failed, went to college and succeeded , and then went back to the NFL and became a Super Bowl champ.

#19440 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, the Packers are favored by 3.5 this weekend.

Yeah pretty low, that's basically just home field advantage. I think the Sqwuaks will win, but then again they saved me from going 0-4 this week

#19441 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

True, but there have been several great college coaches who were great in the NFL...Walsh, Johnson, Harbaugh....

...switzer...

#19442 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Don’t forget Chip Kelly and his sports science smoothies. What a friggin trainwreck that guy was.

#19443 4 years ago

New York Giants sign Patriots wide receiver coach to be head coach says Shefter

#19444 4 years ago

Depending on field conditions, do you think the packers can stop Lockett and Metcalf? Hawks also have very productive te too. If field isnt frozen or snowing , hawks will win. Lynch is only going to get better too and GB does give up a fairly high yards per carry avg

#19445 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Never thought I'd get a downvote for talking shit about the skills of Trent Dilfer,...

Welcome to the NFL thread, you're going to be surprised a lot.

#19446 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Depending on field conditions, do you think the packers can stop Lockett and Metcalf? Hawks also have very productive te too. If field isnt frozen or snowing , hawks will win. Lynch is only going to get better too and GB does give up a fairly high yards per carry avg

That's a tough call. You can never count Rodgers or Wilson out if either of them has the ball in the last two minutes and it's a close game. Unless Clowney takes Rodgers out in the 1st quarter.

#19447 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

New York Giants sign Patriots wide receiver coach to be head coach says Shefter

LMAO

they'll be looking for another coach in two years.

#19448 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
they'll be looking for another coach in two years.

Patricia should be available.

#19449 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...switzer...

Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Jim Harbaugh.....I'd argue that Walsh is the most innovative coach of all time

#19450 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Patricia should be available.

Yeah...that one's not working out. Did he get dumped from the Lions yet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 75,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/389 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.