pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 1,507.
#19351 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But he's clearly injury prone.

Bengals TE Eifert is a good example of injury prone. This is the first time he ever played an entire 16 game season since he was drafted.

#19352 4 years ago

You're injury prone if you're the focus of the team and you miss the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Doesn't mean he can't turn it around a la "Fragile" Fred Taylor.

#19353 4 years ago

Somebody had mentioned how fragile Tannehill is. Next Saturday will be more of a test than last Saturday's easy outing for sure.

#19354 4 years ago

Certain injuries lead me to believe you're injury prone compared to others. QBs that need to step into throws may have more knee injuries. It's not their fault that a defender rolled on their leg weird, but if they rely on a front leg plant to be effective, they're going to be more prone to injury.

So much of the league is understanding how to mitigate your risk. I know it's the playoffs, but it's also Q1... did Wentz really need to go head first there? I don't remember the situation, so I can't say, but probably not.

I was pretty high on Wentz after year 1. After watching him in year 3, he looks like he hasn't really progressed. He still looks like a rookie to me, and didn't seem to really grasp certain things like a guy that had nothing to do but hold a tablet for 1.5 years really should.

#19355 4 years ago

I've been thinking all along the Eagles should have stuck with the guy that won a Super Bowl and earned MVP that game.

But they don't pay me for my upper management skills, so what do I know.

#19356 4 years ago

Super Bowl LIV: February 2, 2020, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Super Bowl LV: February 7, 2021, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Super Bowl LVI: February 6, 2022, LA Stadium at Hollywood Park, Los Angeles, California
Super Bowl LVII: February 5, 2023, State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Super Bowl LVIII: February 4, 2024, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, New Orleans, Louisiana

The 49ers and Seahawks don't really want to have to travel all the way to Florida to play in the Super Bowl this yr or next yr.
Just let them lose in the upcoming div play-off games or NFC Conf Championship game.
I'm sure they would much more enjoy playing in the Feb 2022 Super Bowl that will be in L.A., CA.

The Packers and Vikings fans and players would much enjoy the warm south Fla weather in early Feb. Go Packers!

#19357 4 years ago

Oh, and if McCarthy ever knocks the Packers out of the playoffs, I'll take down his street signs myself.

#19358 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But he's clearly injury prone.

Kind of my point at the end of my diatribe. I don't think he's really injury prone. He just puts himself in situations where he can more easily GET injured, either due to a clean hit, a dirty one, or just plain bad luck than he should for someone playing QB....and that's with rules that already should be in his favor.

Pretty sure 99% of us wouldn't even get up after being cleanly hit by just about anyone in the NFL. Unless it was someone in the Eagles Secondary. They are usually too far away to get a clean hit on anybody.

#19359 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Super Bowl LIV: February 2, 2020, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida

That's the only one on the list that lands on my birthday. I think for maybe the second time. Leap year has thrown it off a couple times.

Looks like 2025 is the next time. Hopefully at least one of my teams will be in contention by then.

#19360 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been thinking all along the Eagles should have stuck with the guy that won a Super Bowl and earned MVP that game.
But they don't pay me for my upper management skills, so what do I know.

Oh.... You mean that guy that spent half the year out with a broken collarbone (for the second time, I might add) and then was benched for a guy that looks like he drives a van with no windows due to his shitty play?

#19361 4 years ago

At some point someone is going to get a home game in the SB. It doesn't look likely for at least the next couple of years... but who knows.

I feel like there should be a designated stadium for the SB. It can't be any city that already hosts an NFL team. Vegas would have been a good choice, but just like everything else, the Raiders f'd that up too.

What's your pick for designated host city? I'll bring the stadium.

#19362 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Oh.... You mean that guy that spent half the year out with a broken collarbone (for the second time, I might add) and then was benched for a guy that looks like he drives a van with no windows due to his shitty play?

That's the one!

#19363 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Different team, different line, different attitude.

How has the Eagles getting rid of him, and sticking with Wentz worked out for them?

#19364 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Different team, different line, different attitude.
How has the Eagles getting rid of him, and sticking with Wentz worked out for them?

If the measuring stick is that if you didn't win the super bowl since the guy left, then I guess "not so well". Then again, Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl too.... with a very mediocre team. Guess the Ravens should have held on to him too.......

#19365 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

At some point someone is going to get a home game in the SB. It doesn't look likely for at least the next couple of years... but who knows.
I feel like there should be a designated stadium for the SB. It can't be any city that already hosts an NFL team. Vegas would have been a good choice, but just like everything else, the Raiders f'd that up too.

Large cities with good winter weather and no nfl team are hard to find. Jacksonville comes to mind.

#19366 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Then again, Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl too.... with a very mediocre team. Guess the Ravens should have held on to him too.......

You never know what goes into making a good team; Ask the Ravens players aboot average Trent Dilfer.

#19367 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Then again, Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl too.... with a very mediocre team. Guess the Ravens should have held on to him too.......

They did. For five years, which is an eternity in the NFL.

Probably learned that dumping your QB after winning a Super Bowl ain't always a great idea when they fired Trent Dilfer to bring in Elvis Grback.

Yeah google him. He was a guy who played in the NFL on a big contract for a few years.

#19368 4 years ago

Rams in two years. I’m saving up for my tickets.

#19369 4 years ago

Yeah, it's not like they sent Flacco packing without giving it enough time to see if it was a fluke or not.

Seems Foles went 4-1 in the 5 games he did start for the Eagles in 2018.

#19370 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They did. For five years.

Yeah.... Was probably hard to get rid of him after they decided, despite somewhat mediocre stats but a "got really hot" super bowl run, that they would keep him around and make him the highest paid player in the NFL....

#19371 4 years ago

I've got be honest I really thought Flacco would improve the Broncos but obviously not.

#19372 4 years ago

Anywhere on the east coast is a nightmare + Chicago + GB ..... West coast or Arizona give u the best chance for decent weather

#19373 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hope you are saving a lot. It's going to be pricy just to go see one regular season game.

Season ticket buyers also get the privilege of paying a licensing fee of anywhere from $1000- $15,000.

#19374 4 years ago

It can't be any city that already hosts an NFL team.

That criteria alone could be enough to ensure it wouldn't happen, cities for the most part that don't host NFL teams are not likely to have stadiums. I know some would and do but I'd imagine that is a very small percentage.

#19375 4 years ago

San Diego would fit the bill.

Pasadena also has that large capacity Rose Bowl that at one time did host Super Bowls.

#19376 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope you are saving a lot. It's going to be pricy just to go see one regular season game.

Shit with what they get for SB tickets your flight should be complimentary.

#19377 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Shit with what they get for SB tickets your flight should be complimentary.

I have no intention of going to some ghetto like Irwindale to help finance their new stadium.

But I have decided NFL Sunday Ticket was good enough this year to pony up for it next year if they won't give it to me for free again.

#19378 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They did. For five years, which is an eternity in the NFL.
Probably learned that dumping your QB after winning a Super Bowl ain't always a great idea when they fired Trent Dilfer to bring in Elvis Grback.
Yeah google him. He was a guy who played in the NFL on a big contract for a few years.

Technically, in terms of career winning percentage, passer rating, td/int ratio, and just about any other stats..... Grbac was a better QB.

The year Dilfer won the super bowl, his playoffs stats, in 4 games were:

590 total yards
47.9% completion
3 TDs, 1 Int

That team had a historically great defense.

Pretty sure he wasn't the secret sauce to them winning it all. His job was to just not fuck it up.

#19379 4 years ago

Miss the H card days.

#19380 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Pretty sure he wasn't the secret sauce to them winning it all. His job was to just not fuck it up.

You're missing the point only looking at the stats, the team hating getting rid of Dilfer

#19381 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I just watched it a bunch of times, I actually think Wentz took out Clowny's leg, changing the direction of Clowny's fall to be on Wentz.

I think that explanation has a lot of merit and very well could be what happened.

#19382 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

San Diego would fit the bill.
Pasadena also has that large capacity Rose Bowl that at one time did host Super Bowls.

Rose Bowl is a great idea. Not sure what the surrounding area is like (even though I was actually there 15 years ago), but that seems like a pretty great solution.

Ok, I'll get on the phone.

#19383 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Uh no!

#19384 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're missing the point only looking at the stats, the team hating getting rid of Dilfer

...... And, we've come full circle back to Nick Foles.

So, with Trent Dilfer, you have a historically "OK" quarterback who, with a really good team behind him, comes in half-way through the year, the team "gels" together, they go on a great run and win the super bowl. After which, ownership decides that their best bet for their future is to move on to another option that they feel will give them a better long-term chance for success, despite team and/or fan support since he brought them a super bowl.

Sound familiar, Eagles fans?

Meanwhile, in the 19 years since the Ravens won in 2000 with Dilfer and then let him go, they've been to the playoffs 11 times (winning at least 1 playoff game in all but 3 of those years), won another Super Bowl, and are arguably the favorites to win it again this year.

As a Eagles fan (even though they are second to the Hawks), I've gotta say: if they can sustain that kind of success, but have to make unpopular decisions to do it, go for it. Thanks for the SB, Nick. Enjoy Jacksonville.

#19385 4 years ago

Rose Bowl is a great idea. Not sure what the surrounding area is like (even though I was actually there 15 years ago), but that seems like a pretty great solution.

Rose Bowl is a great choice, but its an older stadium....I think Florida sucks for the Super Bowl....always seems to be raining...safest bet for weather and in an outdoor stadium is AZ

#19386 4 years ago

I heard this on the radio today. Check out these Derrick Henry HS (senior season) stats...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19387 4 years ago

I call Packers by 9 this week.

Here is to hoping Rodgers gets Wentz'd out of the game 9 minutes in.

#19388 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Whoa! Wishing injury on players? That's not nice.

#19389 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I say hawks by 6

#19390 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Meanwhile, in the 19 years since the Ravens won in 2000 with Dilfer and then let him go, they've been to the playoffs 11 times (winning at least 1 playoff game in all but 3 of those years)....

Thanks for the SB, Nick. Enjoy Jacksonville.

The way I'm looking at it, the seven years after getting rid of their little sparkplug QB Dilfer then had 1 playoff win.

Quoted from cmack750:

...... And, we've come full circle back to Nick Foles....

Yep.

#19391 4 years ago

Whoa! Wishing injury on players? That's not nice.

never said it was nice.

I think of it as "wishing for a super big but ruled legal hit that puts him out" I will watch that on replay 50 times on repeat. Guy has to be one of the biggest Dbags in the sport. Top of entertainment to see him get wrecked.

something like that would be just fine. Granted, I much prefer the ones that wipe the smugness off his face as he gets the wind knocked out of him.

#19392 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Weird things happen when the Seahawks and Packers play each other....

1. The "Fail Mary" game. You are welcome for ending the ref lockout, NFL
2. The playoff OT game where the Seahawks won the OT toss, Matt Hasselbeck said "we want the ball and we're going to score".... And then promptly threw a pick-six to end it.
3. SEAHAWKS, down 19-7 with less than 2 minutes to go in the playoffs after doing NOTHING all game, score 15 points in 1 minute, give up a last second field goal to tie and then win it on the first drive in OT.

All bets off.

#19393 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

never said it was nice.
I think of it as "wishing for a super big but ruled legal hit that puts him out" I will watch that on replay 50 times on repeat. Guy has to be one of the biggest Dbags in the sport. Top of entertainment to see him get wrecked.

something like that would be just fine. Granted, I much prefer the ones that wipe the smugness off his face as he gets the wind knocked out of him.

Lol. I watch that game on repeat, too!

Talk about wiping smugness off faces! GB 24, CHI 23.

#19394 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The way I'm looking at it, the seven years after getting rid of their little sparkplug QB Dilfer then had 1 playoff win.

Yep.... The very next year.... With Elvis Grbac at QB

#19395 4 years ago

Pittsburgh Dad on wildcard weekend

#19396 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Yep.... The very next year.... With Elvis Grbac at QB

Exactly. Meaning scientifically by the rules of internet message boards, The eagles will never make the playoffs again with Wentz.

#19397 4 years ago

Pasadena is a lot better area than downtown Irwindale, that's for sure.

Only time I would go near Irwindale, is when scouring the junkyards of neighboring Wilmington. I always felt safe, but then again I always got out of there before dark.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Rose Bowl is a great choice, but its an older stadium...

Why would a stadium need to be new to host a Super Bowl? Nobody seems to complain when it hosts it's annual bowl game or some of the large concerts they have had there.

#19398 4 years ago

Lol. I watch that game on repeat, too!
Talk about wiping smugness off faces! GB 24, CHI 23.

Worth watching just for the hit. Lol

#19399 4 years ago

A playoffs season without the Patriots, that's a big first for me !

#19400 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

A playoffs season without the Patriots, that's a big first for me !

Oh, they made the playoffs. Even hosted a game.

I won $10 on the spread and another $15 against $10 when the Titans won outright.

Wish they were playing next week too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/388 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.