5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 1,515.
#1851 10 years ago

Colts yeah yeah

#1852 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol tied for the largest comeback in postseason history. If I remember correctly the other one was against the giants. Who blew a massive lead I think against the 49ers.

Buffalo came back from 32 down to beat Houston in 1993.

#1853 10 years ago

3 guys in Archie Manning jerseys : dead. City of Brotherly Love.

#1854 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How'd that work out for ya?!

Well they covered! So I'll take it……..

I think I was on Houston way back when, as Buffalo came all the way back…... It was brought up and I still feel the pain?

#1855 10 years ago

That Houston team was awesome, too.

#1856 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That Houston team was awesome, too.

Warren Moon, Lorenzo White, Givens…..bad memories….

#1857 10 years ago

Nick Foles will stand there for 30 seconds and take a bad sack. But if you give him 31 seconds without pressure, he is going to carve you up, NO.

#1858 10 years ago

tough Eagle game to watch with only 2 min left

#1859 10 years ago

Why didnt the Saint run another quick QB keeper, could have run the clock to 5 seconds and had 2 TO's left

I suppose you can spike it here, good win Saints!

#1860 10 years ago

Saints are goin to Seattle!

#1861 10 years ago

Saints vs Seahawks
Go Hawks!

#1862 10 years ago

Weather looked pretty decent in Philly, I wanted to change my pick to the Saints once I saw the field conditions at the start of the game but I didnt want to be *that guy*

#1863 10 years ago

My reverse jinx playoffs picks worked!

#1864 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

My reverse jinx playoffs picks worked!

Ha! Im right with you!

Go Saints!

dome_patrol_poster.jpgdome_patrol_poster.jpg

#1865 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Why didnt the Saint run another quick QB keeper, could have run the clock to 5 seconds and had 2 TO's left
I suppose you can spike it here, good win Saints!

It's always a tough call on whether you want to do what Collinsworth was saying, which is prepare for the botched snap and leave time on the clock. But once you burn your timeouts it's no longer an option. The saints use timeouts like they are going out of style, and it's hurt them at times this year. Payton took the chance he would hit the kick with no time on the clock and not risk a crazy kickoff play at the end of the game.

I love to watch how coaches handle clock management at the end of games, as it can be screwed up quite often. And the circumstances are always changing and require you to make decisions relatively quickly. Something that they aren't always prepared to do.

Im sure you remember the Steelers-Packers finale this year. Tomlin could have run the clock almost completely down and kicked a chip shot field goal to end the game. Instead he called a running play and scored a TD which left about 1:15 on the clock for GB to try and score a TD. Which they almost did. Personally, I would have kicked the chip shot and ended the game. But it can always be debated.

#1866 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It's always a tough call

In regards to the Packer-Steeler game, I would have instructed my defense to let the rb score the TD to get the ball back with time on the clock.

Ive always thought 2nd half timeouts are like this VVVV

tumblr_m8a7oxvG9Q1rolh67o1_400.jpgtumblr_m8a7oxvG9Q1rolh67o1_400.jpg

GollumwRing06.jpgGollumwRing06.jpg

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

In regards to the Packer-Steeler game, I would have instructed my defense to let the rb score the TD to get the ball back with time on the clock.

I think they might have. I never even would have left that as an option. I would have had the qb kneel it and run the clock down. I usually think if your opponent wants to let you do something, then you shouldn't do it.

Edit: Either way, two really good games today.

#1868 10 years ago

Anxious to know our next victim ......go patriots !!!
Colts? or Bengals ?
If we get the colts their Luck is going to run out .....
And if we get those kitties they are going to be tamed this time .

#1869 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha! Im right with you!
Go Saints!
dome_patrol_poster.jpg 33 KB

Man this poster is awesome on multiple levels! Thanks for posting! I forgot about some of these guys. Wasn't Sam Mills like crazy short? Yet he appears to be human-sized in this picture. And does Rickey Jackson have a Miller Lite in his hand?

That was an interesting time when the Saints had begun their ascent from the dregs of the NFL. I remember thinking Dalton Hilliard would be an all-time great

#1870 10 years ago

Finally got a chance to post. I was actually rooting for KC and andy reid. man did he get fat. Talk about a team collapse.
My eagles lost. Oh well, they went further than I thought. There IS hope for next year.

#1871 10 years ago

Andy Reid has been that fat. He just looks fatter in red.

#1872 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Man this poster is awesome on multiple levels! Thanks for posting! I forgot about some of these guys. Wasn't Sam Mills like crazy short? Yet he appears to be human-sized in this picture. And does Rickey Jackson have a Miller Lite in his hand?
That was an interesting time when the Saints had begun their ascent from the dregs of the NFL. I remember thinking Dalton Hilliard would be an all-time great

Yes, the Big 5 is one of the few bright spots in Saints history before the Saints 'Payton/Brees' era

#1873 10 years ago

I don't know how any of you managed to peel yourselves away from the screen to post all that. I guess I had the advantage of starting with a 45 minute DVR buffer when I got home and then had to put the kids to bed before the second game, so I didn't have to watch any ads until late 3rd quarter, so didn't have much reason to get up. Insanity. How on earth do you just throw away a 3-4 TD lead like that?!

#1874 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Colts over Chiefs
Saints over Eagles
Chargers over Bengals (I don't really feel that the Chargers will win, but I'm pulling for them so I will vote for them here)
49ers over Packers

Well, I was 2 for 2 yesterday.

Will be interesting to see how I do today.

#1875 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Insanity. How on earth do you just throw away a 3-4 TD lead like that?!

Was it thrown away? Or did Andrew Luck take it away?

#1876 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was it thrown away? Or did Andrew Luck take it away?

Both?

I don't think it was all one or the other, but given that the final score was that close, you've got to ultimately blame the defense side of the losing team because all it would've taken for the win, theoretically, was to stop one scoring opportunity. Sucks for KC, but man they just got trampled after halftime..

#1877 10 years ago

This game is almost unwatchable. I started doing a shot every time Rivers got a delay of game. Now I'm pretty messed up

Can we start the GB/SF game early?

#1878 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This game is almost unwatchable. I started doing a shot every time Rivers got a delay of game. Now I'm pretty messed up
Can we start the GB/SF game early?

I've been listening to the Chargers broadcast online...I'm about to fall asleep...these guys are...zzzzzzzzzzz

#1879 10 years ago

This game sucks. Dalton is just not good. Bernard has been Butterfingers today.

Being a Bengals fan has REALLY got to blow.

#1880 10 years ago

Credit where credit is due. The Chargers have the ability to beat any team, any where. Now back to Denver they go. And they are bringing their defense and ground game.

#1881 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've been listening to the Chargers broadcast online...I'm about to fall asleep...these guys are...zzzzzzzzzzz

It's hard to be excited when your covered in tears in Cincinnati. Go chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1882 10 years ago

Denver should be concerned with Chargers coming.
Their defence is looking better.
Patriots vs Colts is going to be a good one.
Colts could pull it off with some Luck.

#1883 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah they sure zzzzzzzzzzzd the Bengals. Dominating performance, and the score shows it. But there is still more work to be done.

#1884 10 years ago

Seriously? running Kuhn on 3rd&3? You can at least call plays to try to win the game.

#1885 10 years ago

At least the pack's red zone D has held so far. Still only a 1 possession game.

#1886 10 years ago

Calm down Centerflank.
It's early. Defence is holding. Whiners are already whining.
Be patient. Rogers will figure these guys out. Have faith.
Have a beer!

#1887 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

At least the pack's red zone D has held so far. Still only a 1 possession game.

If I am CK, Im throwing to whatever WR/TE draws safety coverage all day.

AR12 is going to have to start throwing the ball, that clock needs to be short in his head. then they run on 3rd and 15, throw a freaking QB roll out deep route. Grrrr!

#1888 10 years ago

The end of that interception was entertaining.

#1889 10 years ago

That interception and runback by Packers D was awesome, and capped it off with a nice legal hard hit on Kap!

#1890 10 years ago

There will be more of those served up by Kaepernick.

#1891 10 years ago

Tramon is a baller! CK can throw at him all day, Im good with that.

OK, PACK, do not run Kuhn here!

#1892 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

That interception and runback by Packers D was awesome, and capped it off with a nice legal hard hit on Kap!

Looked like Williams was going to go out of bounce until he saw who it was coming at him - then he put his head down and full steam ahead.

#1893 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

There will be more of those served up by Kaepernick.

Almost 2 others in the red zone earlier.

#1894 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Looked like Williams was going to go out of bounce until he saw who it was coming at him - then he put his head down and full steam ahead.

And that's smart football. Same thing with a kicker. You have a good shot of plowing over them for extra yards.

#1895 10 years ago

Are you liking this Centerflank?

#1896 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Alright, Wild card Round, post your winner predictions!

Chiefs beat @Colts
@Eagles beat Saints
@Bengals beat Chargers
49ers beat @Packers

^^^ Based on the above ^^^, I figure the Packers should get the win.

#1897 10 years ago

Edit--- ^ Yes indeed! ^

LOVE U Jordy!!!!!

#1898 10 years ago

Watching 49ers v packers and am wondering why the players are wearing bum bags/ fanny packs?

#1899 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Watching 49ers v packers and am wondering why the players are wearing bum bags/ fanny packs?

They usually have hand warmers inside them. You know, like the hunters have in tree stands during cold weather.

#1900 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

They usually have hand warmers inside them. You know, like the hunters have in tree stands during cold weather.

No I didn't know. Thanks for clarifying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.