spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 1,513.
#18901 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Dolphins fan since I can remember

Going all the way back to 1972 myself.

It was seriously that playoff game in 1982 that made me a Chargers fan as well. Score doesn't show it, but nobody lost that game. Especially those that watched it.

#18902 4 years ago

Air Coryell was fun to watch and fouts
could wing it. That was the hook and ladder game
wasn't it? Tony Nathan !

#18903 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I just don't get it. Figured once we became adults we pretty much narrowed it down to one favorite team. Having multiple favorite teams seems like people just need that safety net to feel better about themselves.
If there's one thing I've learned about sports in general, it's that people LOVE their winners (see: hysteria surrounding women's soccer).

That is why I picked the Bills! Lol

Actually I picked the Bills because they lost 4 straight Super Bowls when I was young and felt bad for them.

#18904 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Air Coryell was fun to watch and fouts
could wing it. That was the hook and ladder game
wasn't it? Tony Nathan !

Yes. I had just moved in with my dad after my parents had been divorced for over ten years. He was going to his boat and asked if I would like to come along. I said no, I'm watching this game. So he hung around too. After the first quarter and the Chargers were up a bunch, he asked "are you sure you don't want to go?" lol

That's when it started getting good. So we sat and watched it and had a BBQ and it seemed to go on forever, but the action never stopped. For me, it is a moment in time I'll never forget and started a ritual of watching football with my dad.

Shortly before he passed away, I made it up and watched a playoff game with him where the Packers with Favre won. A guy he always liked to watch along with Montana. I'm glad I did.

#18905 4 years ago

I take it back my favorite team is the 49ers and anyone playing the Seahawks, so I guess this week it is the Eagles!

#18906 4 years ago

My favorite four teams are the Dolphins and the Chargers, and anybody playing the Cowboys or the Patriots.

Bound to win a game or two here or there.

#18907 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I take it back my favorite team is the 49ers and anyone playing the Seahawks, so I guess this week it is the Eagles!

You are gonna be disappointed!

#18908 4 years ago

I'm going to throw this out there. I watched some of the 100 year player awards and I have a newer deeper respect for Belichick and his love of the history of the game and his respect for other greats not on his team. It was a good watch.

They then gave Marino the last spot for QB, which he certainly deserved.

#18909 4 years ago

I heard today that when a borderline good team (eagles) has a home playoff game against a team with at least 10 wins, home team is 6-2...worth nothing but kind of interesting.

#18910 4 years ago
CSnNtdAWwAASwkK (resized).jpgCSnNtdAWwAASwkK (resized).jpg
#18911 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Let’s not forget that just because you had a great college career, doesn’t guarantee you shit in the NFL..J. Manziel, R. Leaf, J. Russell, T. Tebow..it goes on & on..

Good point.

Except tell me why the skins would be better off with 4-12 than with chase young?

Not seeing it.

#18912 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not stirring the pot Colson, I'm just trying to figure out why he acts the way that he does.

I gotcha man. I’m just trying to save you the trouble.

You’d have a better chance of figuring out what the real ending of Lost was before the writers’ strike, and the resultant BS end to the show we were left with instead.

#18913 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Classic.

#18914 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard today that when a borderline good team (eagles) has a home playoff game against a team with at least 10 wins, home team is 6-2...worth nothing but kind of interesting.

In today’s age of analytics, that stat means everything. Go Birds!

#18915 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I gotcha man. I’m just trying to save you the trouble.
You’d have a better chance of figuring out what the real ending of Lost was before the writers’ strike, and the resultant BS end to the show we were left with instead.

Well I haven't watched that show but it's been on my watch list for years. I guess I can go ahead and scratch that one off now right? So many great shows have terrible endings seems like.

I just watched Chernobyl on HBO and that was awesome. I reccomend it 100% if you haven't seen it yet.

#18916 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I haven't watched that show but it's been on my watch list for years. I guess I can go ahead and scratch that one off now right?

No way...still watch it. Awesome show. I’ll watch Chernobyl after I watch the Seahawks’ meltdown this Sunday.

#18917 4 years ago

I am looking very forward to watching all the games, and pulling for teams that I hate the least the next few weekends, and then the SB.

I just hope the Broncos can get their shit together and have a awesome draft so they can contend next season.

#18918 4 years ago

Almost as classic as Winslow. And every other man on the field that day.

But I digress. There have been many classic playoff games since then and even before. Way many. And Super Bowls that now step up to the hype. But occasionally, something's got to give you a spark that it is more than special. This was one of those times.

#18919 4 years ago

They need to get rid of this bye week BS for sure. Even if it takes more weeks of playoffs.

#18920 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What's a "borderline good team"?

#18921 4 years ago

What the heck is Jerry Jones doing? Still no announcement of Garrett being let go..... media whoring or is he undecided again?

#18922 4 years ago

Does this Simpsons clip sum up how the world feels about the Patriots?

#18923 4 years ago

Pats -5.5 and climbing. It's happening!

#18924 4 years ago

Bills and Titans today.

#18925 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They need to get rid of this bye week BS for sure. Even if it takes more weeks of playoffs.

why? the best teams should be rewarded with a week off....

#18926 4 years ago

Pats punished for breaking the rules....AGAIN....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28421023/sources-nfl-discipline-patriots-video-violation

I'm sure they'll get zero cheat points on that BS website

#18927 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pats punished for breaking the rules....AGAIN....
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28421023/sources-nfl-discipline-patriots-video-violation
I'm sure they'll get zero cheat points on that BS website

Hey now, Rondoggg’s site is on the level. You’ll find every one of the Pats’ rulebreaking episodes properly filed under “unintentional oversights.”

#18928 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey now, Rondoggg’s site is on the level. You’ll find every one of the Pats rulebreaking episodes properly filed under “unintentional oversights.”

exactly...the site is a total joke

#18929 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why? the best teams should be rewarded with a week off....

They already get rewarded with home field advantage. And although maybe the better record, they are not always the best teams due to strength of schedule.

#18930 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They already get rewarded with home field advantage. And although maybe the better record, they are not always the best teams due to strength of schedule.

Theres some truth to what your saying, but I still think the best two teams deserve a bye....theres never been perfect parity in the NFL. Just look at the division the Patriots play in.....arguably the worst division in football the last 20 years.

#18931 4 years ago

The current system is a result of going to 8 divisions from the 6 they had in the past.

To get rid of the bye week, they would either have to eliminate the wild cards all together or have 16 teams, half the league, in the playoffs.

They aren't going to do either, so we are stuck with it the way it is for now.

#18932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The current system is a result of going to 8 divisions from the 6 they had in the past.
To get rid of the bye week it, they would either have to eliminate the wild cards all together or have 16 teams, half the league, in the playoffs.
They aren't going to do either, so we are stuck with it the way it is for now.

If anything they would try and increase teams and play off games....its all about the revenue in the NFL

#18933 4 years ago

As was posted earlier the percentage of superbowl teams who had a bye is overwhelming. In addition to be granted a defacto playoff win, which cannot be overstated, bye teams avoid knicks for a week - their opponent does not. They're given another week to recover from previous injuries. The opponent does not. They do not tip their hands - their opponent does. They receive another week to gameplan - the opponent may or may not. And of course the future home game (which is the proper reward for a great season)

#18934 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If anything they would try and increase teams and play off games....its all about the revenue in the NFL

Yes, the 8 divisions is a result of expansion, so it would take adding quite a few more teams before they would consider a 16 team playoff system.

Quoted from Erik:

bye teams avoid knicks for a week - their opponent does not.

They also get to avoid traveling for two weeks. And have an extra week to set up a game plan.

#18935 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

As was posted earlier the percentage of superbowl teams who had a bye is overwhelming. In addition to be granted a defacto playoff win, which cannot be overstated, bye teams avoid knicks for a week - their opponent does not. They're given another week to recover from previous injuries. The opponent does not. They do not tip their hands - their opponent does. They receive another week to gameplan - the opponent may or may not. And of course the future home game (which is the proper reward for a great season)

At this stage of the season having an additional week of rest is a really big deal

#18936 4 years ago

All that said, we usually get a pretty good Super Bowl out of it, which can't be said for not that long ago.

#18937 4 years ago

Let's Go Niners

#18938 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All that said, we usually get a pretty good Super Bowl out of it, which can't be said for not that long ago.

Ironclad salary cap is a big factor there, bad for the players but good for parity/competitiveness of the league. Will be interesting to see what happens with the next contract, players will push for NBA style system without the artificial constraints on the market, but then you end up with stacked teams like Warriors of the past few years and regular season (and even early playoff rounds) can become a snooze fest.

#18939 4 years ago

I would bet a nickel that future cap increases will be swallowed up by QBs negotiating new deals

#18940 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's a "borderline good team"?

I didn't hear that part, my guess would be under 10 wins.

OK I'm going bills, pats, Saints, Seahawks

#18941 4 years ago

Bills odds looking better with Fuller out but Im still calling Houston

#18942 4 years ago

The boys are coming over so I stocked up on beer and Jack and am going to bust out the Traeger.

It's in the 60s maybe getting to the 70s, so shorts, sandals, and of course a no sleeve T-shirt is also in order today.

Love this time of year!

#18943 4 years ago

Whatchoo grilling?

#18944 4 years ago
IMG_1998 (resized).JPGIMG_1998 (resized).JPG
#18945 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Whatchoo grilling?

I looked in the freezer last night and found I still had a few game hens from a six pack I got on special at Costco a couple weeks ago, so smoked game hens it is! Wish I had thawed out more than two, but they are fairly big and between the three of us, it should be enough. That is unless more people show up and there is a distinct possibility of that. Oh well...

That and chips and homemade guacamole.

#18946 4 years ago

Best part about today are all the constant reminders of what drugs to take or not to take if you are suffering from pneumococcal pneumonia or have a sulfone urea.

#18947 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Best part about today are all the constant reminders of what drugs to take or not to take if you are suffering from pneumococcal pneumonia or have a sulfone urea.

Also do not take xofluza if you are allergic to xofluza

#18948 4 years ago
giphy (15).gifgiphy (15).gif
#18949 4 years ago

Big thanks to RWH for sending me some skyline chili, and just in time for the playoffs!

I'm saving at least one of these cans for the draft.

20200104_130648 (resized).jpg20200104_130648 (resized).jpg
#18950 4 years ago

Lets Go Titans!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/379 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.