pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 1,516.
#18651 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’d imagine the League will buy it and convert it to a Packers game.

Packers or Patriots.

#18652 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’d imagine the League will buy it and convert it to a Packers game. All part of the master plan ....

Damn you're right I forgot, nflcheatsforcheeseheads.com

#18653 4 years ago

www.dumpsterfirefanshatenfllegends.com

#18654 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm smart enough to make sure that dont happen.

This made me spit my drink out.

Well played.

#18655 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Anyone else think that the Titans are going to kick the Patriots ass in Foxboro? The last 5 weeks the Titans have looked pretty good and the last 5 weeks the Pats have looked pretty crappy.

GOAT, Belichick, January in Foxborough, +21 turnover differential.

TBH the -4.5 spread seems generously low.

#18656 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

www.dumpsterfirefanshatenfllegends.com

Eats you up inside don't it Bwhaahaahaabwhaha

#18657 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This made me spit my drink out.

That's alcohol abuse, for shame......

#18658 4 years ago

Redskins hire Rivera. Seems rushed to me. And since when has it ever worked out to lock in a HC before a GM?

#18659 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Redskins hire Rivera. Seems rushed to me. And since when has it ever worked out to lock in a HC before a GM?

I don’t like Rivera, but Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. I believe Shanahan was hired first or at least has all the power.

#18660 4 years ago

Redskins hire Rivera.

Sounds like a little under the cover pre-planning to me.

#18661 4 years ago

Here's to a New Year and more importantly a New Super Bowl Champion!

#18662 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Here's to a New Year and more importantly a New Super Bowl Champion!

It's setting up like Peyton's last hurrah!

#18663 4 years ago

Great hire for the Skins...and Jack Del Rio as DC?
thats the rumor.

Sign me the fuck up! Couldn’t be happier really. Just what the organization needs.

Defense has been terrible in DC ever since Shanahan came in and brought that moron Jim Haslet in to implement a 3-4, which the skins still run (terribly) dropping guys like sweat and Kerrigan into coverage every other play.

Love this hire and love getting it done quick. Whenever the skins draw out coaching searches it’s a disaster. Just because other teams are dragging their heels trying to lure Bill O Brien or McDaniels (why?! Since when has a patriots assistant ever worked out for anybody?) doesn’t mean the skins rushed it.

He wasn’t the only candidate. they also spoke with Marvin Lewis. Lewis and Rivera himself both fulfilled the Rooney rule. As far as no GM? It would really surprise me if that plan isn’t already in place and Rivera approved it.

#18664 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sign me the fuck up! Couldn’t be happier really. Just what the organization needs.

Another satisfied customer, now lets see what everyone else does.

#18665 4 years ago

Alright, serious question... why call him Riverboat Ron? To my knowledge he wasn't even the play caller.

#18666 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great hire for the Skins...and Jack Del Rio as DC?thats the rumor.
Defense has been terrible in DC ever since Shanahan came in and brought that moron Jim Haslet in to implement a 3-4, which the skins still run (terribly) dropping guys like sweat and Kerrigan into coverage every other play.
Love this hire and love getting it done quick. Whenever the skins draw out coaching searches it’s a disaster. Just because other teams are dragging their heels trying to lure Bill O Brien (why?! Since when has a patriots assistant ever worked out for anybody?) doesn’t mean the skins rushed it.
He wasn’t the only candidate. they also spoke with Marvin Lewis. Lewis and Rivera himself both fulfilled the Rooney rule. As far as no GM? It would really surprise me if that plan isn’t already in place and Rivera approved it.

#fear the redskins 2020

#18667 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

#fear the redskins 2020

You joke but it’s a terrible division. Great opportunity there.

What’s going on in Dallas? Bizarre that we’ve heard nothing on ginger.

#18668 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody can agree on what is going on, one story says he's gone, the next no Jerry's going to "stand by his man". I think he's gone but why they can't be clear is ironically unclear.

#18669 4 years ago

@Colson will your Eagles soar or leave sore?

#18670 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Cowboys and Jason Garrett are scheduled to meet at noon CT today, per sources. Resolution likely, but not definite. Expectation continues to be Garrett and Dallas will part ways, but the Cowboys are run as a family, Garrett has been a part of family, and it’s hard to part ways.

9:29 AM - Dec 31, 2019

#18671 4 years ago

What I'd be worried aboot as a cowboys fan is the more people get excited about firing garret the more Jerry wants to keep him.

#18672 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

GOAT, Belichick, January in Foxborough, +21 turnover differential.
TBH the -4.5 spread seems generously low.

Patriots are horrible against big, powerful running backs, Tennessee doesn't have anyone like that, do they?

If Derrick Henry doesn't have 200 yards I'd be surprised.

This isn't the same team that went to the last 3 Super Bowls. If anything this game should be a "pick em". I'll still be there rooting hard for the Pats but I'm not sure they have another big run in them.

#18673 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What I'd be worried aboot as a cowboys fan is the more people get excited about firing garret the more Jerry wants to keep him.

Yeah nothing Jerry likes better than attention.

#18674 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah nothing Jerry likes better than attention.

This certainly may have something to do with it, but Garrett is like a second son to Jerry. I'm sure its a tough decision.

#18675 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sounds like a little under the cover pre-planning to me.

Would this even be an issue?

Ron was unemployed. I’d assume there’d be nothing wrong with the skins talking to him about the job the day he was fired.

Kinda funny Ron got fired after the Redskins beat him.

#18676 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would this even be an issue?

For me, no. I'm glad they got what they want, it just seemed sudden without any forethought being given.

#18677 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's setting up like Peyton's last hurrah!

I think NO is going to struggle on the road playing in cold weather....playing at home in a dome is very different than having to travel to Lambo and play is 20 degree weather....

#18678 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots are horrible against big, powerful running backs, Tennessee doesn't have anyone like that, do they?
If Derrick Henry doesn't have 200 yards I'd be surprised.
This isn't the same team that went to the last 3 Super Bowls. If anything this game should be a "pick em". I'll still be there rooting hard for the Pats but I'm not sure they have another big run in them.

This has 59 - 0 written all over it.

#18679 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think NO is going to struggle on the road playing in cold weather....playing at home in a dome is very different than having to travel to Lambo and play is 20 degree weather....

sorry I meant Brady setting up like Peyton Manning's final year in Denver. Limited offense, dominant defense. It's going to happen!

#18680 4 years ago

I'm taking the Titans and the points. May place another wager that they win outright.

#18681 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

For me, no. I'm glad they got what they want, it just seemed sudden without any forethought being given.

Snyder been working on this and the whole shakeup for months, since jay was fired. I really don’t think it’s rushed this is the guy he wanted. For once it seems like there was actually a plan on place rather than a new flavor of the week for 2 months that ends with Jim Zorn.

#18682 4 years ago

Jerry Jones might keep Jason Garrett because the Giants might be dumb enough to hire him.

#18683 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Jerry Jones might keep Jason Garrett because the Giants might be dumb enough to hire him.

I think giants are all In on mcdaniels.

Terrible hire. Everybody wants a patriots coach and then they fire them 3 years later.

#18684 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sorry I meant Brady setting up like Peyton Manning's final year in Denver. Limited offense, dominant defense. It's going to happen!

Defense has been a bit like the Niners in that their not so dominate anymore. The one thing about the Patriots is they know how to win

#18685 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think giants are all In on mcdaniels.
Terrible hire. Everybody wants a patriots coach and then they fire them 3 years later.

Teams need to hire qualified young coaches and GM's and give them 3-5 years to turn things around. Cleveland is a primary example of this. You can't change the culture of a shitty franchise in one or two years.

#18686 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You joke but it’s a terrible division. Great opportunity there.

Not really joking,I still have rivalry feelings toward Redskins.You guys just signed on two great coaches.
I think there will be an announcement soon,but it’s been said that Garrett (the ginger you refer to) is telling his crew they are free to seek other employment

#18687 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Teams need to hire qualified young coaches and GM's and give them 3-5 years to turn things around. Cleveland is a primary example of this. You can't change the culture of a shitty franchise in one or two years.

I’m pretty surprised by the short leashes giants coaches have been getting lately.

#18688 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This has 59 - 0 written all over it.

Why? Moss isn't here any more and the Patriots aren't even in the same stratosphere of that offense. Brady was 33 in that game, he's 42 now and missing passes he's made for years. To top it off, the Patriots are built to go up against pass heavy offenses, they are terrible against run oriented teams, particularly against big RB's who shrug off tackles. Lastly, Tannehill will not be rattled against the Patriots, he has plenty of experience against us and will be ready.

#18689 4 years ago

I'm gonna complain for a minute, because I've been drinking scotch.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative that we've seen two top tier QBs of their respective eras (or any era), consecutively. It's been a great 25+_ years to be a Packers fan. It's just that we can't seem to close a goddamn deal with either of them.

It would take some work to convince me Rodgers is not stat obsessed, particularly with interceptions.. I'm pretty certain it's his primary goal to end his career as the highest TD/int ratio of all time. It sounds good, until you see him take a sack on 3rd down when we need a score. Favre would have tossed that ball up. Sure, there's a good chance it's a pick, but that's as good as a punt in certain situations.

They're both frustrating in completely different ways.

Rodgers also calls TO for no good reason. A lot of us used to debate whether that was McCarthy not getting the play in, or Rodgers not liking what he sees. It's spanned coaching eras, so it would see the blame should be squarely on 12.

Oh, and if we're going for it on 4th down, it means that we're just going to try and get you to jump O/S. We'll take the 5y and punt, don't worry.

There.

This is 100% accurate.

Earlier in his career, Rodgers had an embarrassingly poor comeback record. A fair number of those could be blamed on the defense, but if you're still not occasionally throwing interceptions when playing from behind in the 4th quarter - then you're being too careful. Chuck that ball downfield if you're going to get sacked on a key third down. Worst case is you've just "punted". (Lions game was a rare example of actually doing this the right way...got picked off on a long third down with a deep pass and Lions were in the same spot they would have been with a punt. Spoiler: we won despite the pick).

Rodgers has improved on taking more risks in the last year or two, but is still too careful.

When I watch highlights of other games, I see way more incredible contested catches throughout the game. Those mostly only happen for the Packers if it's late in the game and Rodgers is backed into a corner and on the verge of losing. The rest of the time he's mostly only throwing to wide open guys, which is rare, so he's holding the ball too long and taking sacks, throwing it out of bounds, or afraid of picks and thus throwing it too far ahead of or behind the receiver.

I love the guy, and he's one of the best ever - but he's WAY too careful. Look at his results on free plays: bomb after bomb after bomb for TDs or long gains. Even those almost never get intercepted.

Talking heads always say that with the game on the line, they'd take Rodgers. Maybe that's the right move, but if it's not the final drive of the game, then Rodgers has become the consummate "protect the football at all costs and only throw to wide open receivers" kind of guy.

He has only thrown 2 pick 6s in his entire career. I'm grateful for that. Favre, who was a total madman had 32. (Yeah, Favre played more games, but Rodgers is on place for 3 pick 6s for a career as long as Favre).

Those two have nearly identical win percentages.

In the last few years, his use of the playclock has become infuriating. Unless he's catching them with 12 men on the field, he runs it down to 1 or 0 seconds nearly every time. I get that he's trying to read the defense or whatever, but if you're going to take that long and make all of those adjustments...shouldn't we be seeing wide open receivers once in a while? When was the last time you saw the Packers run an uptempo offense, even when playing from behind late in the game? How many timeouts have been lost on first and 10 because the clock ran down and Rodgers decided that those five yards were more valuable than a late game timeout?

Anyway, you are correct, with or without the gin.

Rodgers is just a few small tweaks away from being a god.

Go Packers!

#18690 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m pretty surprised by the short leashes giants coaches have been getting lately.

NFL teams are like big companies...it takes years to turn the ship in the right direction. Although a franchise like the Giants should be easier due to their storied past....teams like Cleveland take much longer....Cleveland should find some young stud and GM and give them 5 years to turn the ship....

#18691 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is 100% accurate.
Earlier in his career, Rodgers had an embarrassingly poor comeback record. A fair number of those could be blamed on the defense, but if you're still not occasionally throwing interceptions when playing from behind in the 4th quarter - then you're being too careful. Chuck that ball downfield if you're going to get sacked on a key third down. Worst case is you've just "punted". (Lions game was a rare example of actually doing this the right way...got picked off on a long third down with a deep pass and Lions were in the same spot they would have been with a punt. Spoiler: we won despite the pick).
Rodgers has improved on taking more risks in the last year or two, but is still too careful.
When I watch highlights of other games, I see way more incredible contested catches throughout the game. Those mostly only happen for the Packers if it's late in the game and Rodgers is backed into a corner and on the verge of losing. The rest of the time he's mostly only throwing to wide open guys, which is rare, so he's holding the ball too long and taking sacks, throwing it out of bounds, or afraid of picks and thus throwing it too far ahead of or behind the receiver.
I love the guy, and he's one of the best ever - but he's WAY too careful. Look at his results on free plays: bomb after bomb after bomb for TDs or long gains. Even those almost never get intercepted.
Talking heads always say that with the game on the line, they'd take Rodgers. Maybe that's the right move, but if it's not the final drive of the game, then Rodgers has become the consummate "protect the football at all costs and only throw to wide open receivers" kind of guy.
He has only thrown 2 pick 6s in his entire career. I'm grateful for that. Favre, who was a total madman had 32. (Yeah, Favre played more games, but Rodgers is on place for 3 pick 6s for a career as long as Favre).
Those two have nearly identical win percentages.
In the last few years, his use of the playclock has become infuriating. Unless he's catching them with 12 men on the field, he runs it down to 1 or 0 seconds nearly every time. I get that he's trying to read the defense or whatever, but if you're going to take that long and make all of those adjustments...shouldn't we be seeing wide open receivers once in a while? When was the last time you saw the Packers run an uptempo offense, even when playing from behind late in the game? How many timeouts have been lost on first and 10 because the clock ran down and Rodgers decided that those five yards were more valuable than a late game timeout?
Anyway, you are correct, with or without the gin.
Rodgers is just a few small tweaks away from being a god.
Go Packers!

I'd love to see a Packers vs Niners NFC championship game....

#18692 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think NO is going to struggle on the road...

Thats all you have to say, they always do. Horrible record sadly.

#18693 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats all you have to say, they always do. Horrible record sadly.

simple and to the point....its a lot easier to throw, run, tackle, catch in a heated dome with no wind.....playing in the elements is a game changer

#18694 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

simple and to the point....its a lot easier to throw, run, tackle, catch in a heated dome with no wind.....playing in the elements is a game changer

So true. Game is easier to play when you don't have the sun, wind and elements to deal with.

#18695 4 years ago

Yeah climate control is a far cry from GB in Jan.

#18696 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So true. Game is easier to play when you don't have the sun, wind and elements to deal with.

IMG_20191204_153012 (resized).jpgIMG_20191204_153012 (resized).jpg
#18697 4 years ago

Bears commit to Trubisky as starter for 20. Wouldnt confirm they're going to exercise option for 21. They have until May to decide.

I guess they want to see what they can get leading up to the draft. It would be tough to find a replacement at the draft, considering they pushed most of their chips in already. Maybe they try to land someone like brady.

#18698 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

@Colson will your Eagles soar or leave sore?

So you can sing along...

#18699 4 years ago

^^^^Omg I just threw up in my mouth. That’s terrible lol.

#18700 4 years ago

And Dorsey out at cleveland. Wild.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Boards
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/374 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.