pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 1,507.
#1751 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You Pat fans are praying for that, Pat's worst nightmare is facing that defense again, can't say I blame you but we will see you next.........

14-8 all time ...in favor of the amazing patriots !!!!! ....so bring those kitties to our stadium if get pass the surprising chargers, and we learn from our mistakes and don't do them again so were ready for Super Bowl time .....

#1752 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I love the history of Lambeau and all, but put a freaking retractable roof or something on it, anything so they can moderate the temps.

-8 is brutal! They are almost sold out, ~1000~ tix left last I read....

When does the tailgate party start?

#1753 10 years ago

Can we see a few good tailgating pics taken at Lambeau parking lot from past games (2013 or other years).

Question: For cold weather tailgate parties, do Packers fans sometimes set up their ice-fishin huts?

Please take/post pics of tailgating parties and of fans (both Packers and 49ers) in the stands if any Pinsiders make it to the play-off game this weekend. Ditto for the Saints-Eagles and Chargers-Bengals games please.

#1754 10 years ago

I hear some packer fans wear pilot helmets while tailgating!

But seriously you gotta go, CF (and take your helmet)

#1755 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

(and take your helmet)

Both of them.

#1756 10 years ago

Predicted to be the coldest game played in NFL history. Enjoy that tailgate!!

While I honestly think SF is a better team than GB, I'm going to predict an upset. GB will beat SF this weekend. You heard it from a Bears fan. They lost to SF 34 to 28 week 1 in SF - before Lacey came into his own. Add the cold weather - I think they pull it out with Rodgers.

As long as Rodgers shoulder doesn't crack. No one appreciates playing in this kind of weather more than Bears and GB players. Bears have upset better teams in past playoffs with help from the weather (Philly game with Cunnigham). GB will get Mother Nature's assist.

#1757 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

do you think patriots will make it to Super Bowl?

Making it there is half ass goal, remember?

#1758 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Making it there is half ass goal, remember?

But I feel very confident that my team has what it takes to win it ....

#1759 10 years ago

It is Denver or NFC to win it all. Pats don't have the D to win the SB this year.

#1760 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

But I feel very confident that my team has what it takes to win it ....

As do every other contender. I wish I was so sure about the Chargers. I'll just wait and see. Maybe they will surprise us all.

#1761 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I hear some packer fans wear pilot helmets while tailgating!
But seriously you gotta go, CF (and take your helmet)

Ha, that was Mike Hays (bear fan) pilot helmet! There is no way Im going to Lambeau, I cant justify spending the money when I can sit on the couch and watch on my plasma and my kids fetch me beers the whole game!

Quoted from badbilly27:

Predicted to be the coldest game played in NFL history. Enjoy that tailgate!!

While I honestly think SF is a better team than GB, I'm going to predict an upset. GB will beat SF this weekend. You heard it from a Bears fan. They lost to SF 34 to 28 week 1 in SF - before Lacey came into his own. Add the cold weather - I think they pull it out with Rodgers.

Yeah, I suppose it could happen but I have very tempered expectations. Our D looks simply awful, I hear Clay might play but if he does he'll have the club hand would be fairly ineffective.

Much respect to any 49er or Packer fan that braves that bone chilling weather!

#1762 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As do every other contender. I wish I was so sure about the Chargers. I'll just wait and see. Maybe they will surprise us all.

Well they are the surprise team this year , I think they have a very good chance to beat those kitties, and they beat the chiefs twice this year, chiefs were tought this year ....

#1763 10 years ago

It would be great if this year's Super Bowl would be:
Saints -vs- Chiefs
or
Saints -vs- Chargers
or
Saints -vs- Bengals

super_bowl-win-mvp-drew_brees.jpgsuper_bowl-win-mvp-drew_brees.jpg

#1764 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

It would be great if this year's Super Bowl would be:
Saints -vs- Chiefs
or
Saints -vs- Chargers
or
Saints -vs- Bengals

It would be even better if the Saints can win a road game in the playoffs first....baby steps

#1765 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

49ers beat @Packers

Say it ain't so! Where is the optimism? Even with it possibly being one of the coldest games in NFL history?

#1766 10 years ago

SF is built for a cold game. Smash mouth O, hard hitting D. But this goes beyond cold. Maybe even for GB. I expect it to be a weird game, with no way of predicting who can even begin to deal with -15 temps. I don't expect Kaep to be able to throw. Maybe Gore can perform. Rodgers will be better, and Lacy's ankle will be an issue at some point. Good luck betting this one.

#1767 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Say it ain't so! Where is the optimism? Even with it possibly being one of the coldest games in NFL history?

We just dont match up well with them, sorry. That would be my pick if I was putting money on it. AR12 is going to have to put up a masterpiece for us to get the W. Last time we played a cold weather home game (against the Giants) our freaking WR's had major dropsies.

Quoted from gambit3113:

SF is built for a cold game. Smash mouth O, hard hitting D. But this goes beyond cold. Maybe even for GB. I expect it to be a weird game, with no way of predicting who can even begin to deal with -15 temps. I don't expect Kaep to be able to throw. Maybe Gore can perform. Rodgers will be better, and Lacy's ankle will be an issue at some point. Good luck betting this one.

Gore hasnt been all that amazing in my opinion, he's still a grinder and secures the ball well. Packer D is ripe for getting run on by a QB like CK. You are right though, weather is going to be the true wild card in this matchup.

#1768 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

weather is going to be the true wild card in this matchup.

Glad I'm NOT closer. Speaking of which , when are you heddin' this way Flank? I got Barb Wire all
tuned up!

#1769 10 years ago

Gore is serviceable. This game is all ground. If Lacy was 100%, I would lean heavily Pack.

I will say this, though: GB is the only team I give any shot of going into Seattle and taking those guys down at home. Rodgers is ice cold, and doesn't care about the 12th man, Richard Sherman's mouth, rain, whatever... No other NFC QB in these playoffs is ready for that test.

#1770 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No other NFC QB in these playoffs is ready for that test.

I don't know. Cam Newton is young, but he may be up to the challenge.

#1771 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know. Cam Newton is young, but he may be up to the challenge.

No way. I wish you were right. I really like Carolina and Cam. But he cannot go to Seattle and do anything. That game is 13-6 Seattle. Carolina just doesn't have any playmakers to help Cam win that one, and he is not going to run on Seattle's front 7.

#1772 10 years ago

Brady is ready for anyone ....bring it on ....

#1773 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Brady is ready for anyone ....bring it on ....

Maybe with the exception of the Bristol County District Attorney.

#1774 10 years ago

My picks for Wild Card Round:

IND 31
KC 24

PHI 27
NO 23

CIN 35
SD 17

GB 20
SF 17

#1775 10 years ago

Forty Whiners vs Packers
The Whine and Cheese Bowl
It's a big if but if the Packers can keep Kaeperprick pressured and some what uncomfortable back there and pick up on his first reads Kaeperprick will self destruct. Still to this day he does not go through his progressions. If the first read is not there Kaeperprick scrambles and panics back there. Keep him pressured and contained and let Rogers put some points up. Remember Kaeperprick has never played in these conditions. He is a fair weather quarterback.
Good luck to the Packers this weekend! Go Cheeseheads!

#1776 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Forty Whiners vs Packers
The Whine and Cheese Bowl
It's a big if but if the Packers can keep Kaeperprick pressured and some what uncomfortable back there and pick up on his first reads Kaeperprick will self destruct. Still to this day he does not go through his progressions. If the first read is not there Kaeperprick scrambles and panics back there. Keep him pressured and contained and let Rogers put some points up. Remember Kaeperprick has never played in these conditions. He is a fair weather quarterback.
Good luck to the Packers this weekend! Go Cheeseheads!

I am sick of seeing Harbaugh whine to the officials throughout the game. If it were the NBA he would have technical fouls every game.

#1777 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

IND 31
KC 24
PHI 27
NO 23
CIN 35
SD 17
GB 20
SF 17

Love your picks with the exception of Indy. I think KC will win that one. I think KC had a soft early schedule but can handle Indy this time round.

#1778 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Packer D is ripe for getting run on by a QB like CK.

Good observation. They over pursue a lot. Run a QB bootlegs and they could be in trouble. But, I have no confidence CK can throw in GB even against a poor D.

Quoted from gambit3113:

IND 31
KC 24

PHI 27
NO 23

CIN 35
SD 17

GB 20
SF 17

While I would like a few game outcomes different, I think this is pretty spot on. So many of these games could go either way though. SD is the big ? for me. I still can't believe they made the playoffs. Feeling like Giants season when they won it all.

#1779 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No way. I wish you were right. I really like Carolina and Cam. But he cannot go to Seattle and do anything. That game is 13-6 Seattle. Carolina just doesn't have any playmakers to help Cam win that one, and he is not going to run on Seattle's front 7.

I'd still consider losing 13-6 @ Seattle a victory, frankly. I'm probably the longest running Carolina fan on this board, even though I've never set foot in that state, lol. I still kinda worry about Cam, you've got to wonder if things start going sour for Carolina if he is going to revert back to the Emo Quarterback of the Year, or if he'll actually fight back and just work harder at this point since he's seen that success is actually POSSIBLE.

Oh, and welcome back. Figured you were out for the count.

#1780 10 years ago

Indy is playing their best ball at the right time. Watch out for them if they start out hot today.

SD only got in b/c everyone else choked it away - then SD did everything they could to lose that one to the KC 2nd string.

NO is just so bad on the road this year, and that is not a team that handles anything looking like cold well. Maybe Brees and Sean P have them fired up and focused, but I have enough of a sample this year to expect a dud in Philly from them.

I just don't like SF on Hoth. Line that game up at even 20 degree weather, but certainly around freezing, and SF wins it 10/10. But those guys will have literally never even felt this kind of cold before.

#1781 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

SD only got in b/c everyone else choked it away - then SD did everything they could to lose that one to the KC 2nd string.

That's where I have to disagree. KC did everything they could to win that game. The players were backups, but they were fresh, and that showed. The Chargers fought tooth and nail throughout that game, and overcame every possible obstacle. Not saying that will happen tomorrow, but three weeks ago, the odds were highly against them even getting in.

#1782 10 years ago

NO is just so bad on the road this year, and that is not a team that handles anything looking like cold well. Maybe Brees and Sean P have them fired up and focused, but I have enough of a sample this year to expect a dud in Philly from them.

I have to agree with you on this one but it is the playoffs and anything can happen.
Yes even a road game in a frigid place. Never count out Brees.
Their not expected to win. That takes off pressure. I just have this feeling Saints will pull this one out.
They did bounce against Panthers after Seattle throttled them the week before.
Who knows it just may happen.
But most likely not.

#1783 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

They over pursue a lot.

That is almost an understatement LOL! Capers is a must fire in my opinion, maybe we will get lucky and he just retires. Charles Woodson and a healthy Clay masked his vanilla defensive play calling for so long. Now they just look punchless, I think we have quality CB's that snag a nice interception here and there but our Safeties look perplexed in coverage.

Kickoff is almost here, ENJOY! Wild Card and Divisional playoffs are my 2 favorite weekends of football action! You get to watch all 8 games of the best teams in action!

#1784 10 years ago

I'm pulling for the Packers and Saints, good luck to those teams!!

Saints need an early lead and shut down the run! Graham should have a big game, go Saints!

#1785 10 years ago

Go Colts

#1786 10 years ago

I second that!!

#1787 10 years ago

Is it too early to say Go Chargers!!!!!???

#1788 10 years ago

It's gonna be Saints versus the Broncos in the Superbowl! Manning vs. Brees…..

Sean P and company runs the NFC gauntlet……..

#1789 10 years ago

Jamaal Charles is out with a concussion. Ouch.

#1790 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jamaal Charles is out with a concussion. Ouch.

Wow!

#1791 10 years ago

Hey all,

I haven't looked at scores yet; I just got up from a nap. Only the I know is that someone went out for the Chiefs. My predictions:

Chiefs
Saints
I can't recall who's playing the Chargers, but the team the Chargers are playing
Packers

Luke

#1792 10 years ago

Doesn't look like they need him.

#1793 10 years ago

Looks like "luck" has ran out for Indy.

#1794 10 years ago

Wonder if Trent Richardson shook hands with Ernest Byner while he was in Cleveland?????

#1795 10 years ago

It seems it was a genius move for Kansas City to sit their starters last week.
Davis is doing a bang up job replacing the injured Charles.

#1796 10 years ago

Colts defense is playing like shit.

#1797 10 years ago

RobT said:
Colts have beat the 49ers, Seahawks, and the Broncos. They can cause damage in the playoffs for sure.
Hey Rob,
Care to retract your statement.

#1798 10 years ago

I think both of Indy's linebackers are still hurt and are hurting their defense instead of helping.

#1799 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

RobT said:
Colts have beat the 49ers, Seahawks, and the Broncos. They can cause damage in the playoffs for sure.
Hey Rob,
Care to retract your statement.

Yeah I should have retracted that statement when they lost Wayne

#1800 10 years ago

Indy defense is just letting them down. This isn't the same team that showed up the past couple of weeks. It would be frustrating to be a Colts fan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.