nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 1,516.
#17851 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Cowboys certainly have talent, and they "should" win...but that really hasn't meant anything so far this year.
This game could go either way. I have no faith in either team.

That Philly secondary is just so bad... How do you go about a game plan if you're PHI? I think you'd probably start by playing the run, but Prescott is just good enough to make you pay for that.

The Cowboys receivers are competent... you have Cooper that MUST be accounted for downfield, and Cobb is really good in the slot, and capable outside. He bailed out Rodgers countless times by breaking off a route to give the QB an out. In these types of games that can really help keep the ball moving and avoid a big defensive play. Witten is somehow still relevant, and offers Dak a big dumb target for a checkdown.

Even if Dak can't find a read, he's a pretty dangerous runner.

#17852 4 years ago

Ok, let's look at the last 5 games for both the Cowboys and the Eagles,
and let's figure out who is gonna win this upcoming crucial NFC match-up.

Cowboys are 2 and 3 over the last 5 games.
Eagles are 2 and 3 over the last 5 games.
Hmmm.

Ok, let's look at this:
Cowboys lost 2 games recently to AFC East teams (Pats & Bills).
Eagles lost 2 games recently to AFC East teams (Pats and Dolphins).
Well crap, that's not helping us figure this out either.

Ok, how about this:
Cowboys are 4 and 3 at home, and 3 and 4 on the road.
Eagles are 4 and 3 at home, and 3 and 4 on the road.
I guess I'll call that a slight edge for the Eagles, since this is a home game for Eagles.

I got it:
Cowboys have a +90 points scoring differential over their opponents this yr.
Eagles have a +6 points scoring differential over their opponents this yr.
Advantage Cowboys on that stat.

Cowboys are favored by 2-1/2 points, and Colson says 31 is the magic number, so I predict:
Cowboys 31, Eagles 31, O/T tie score

#17853 4 years ago

I'm gonna complain for a minute, because I've been drinking scotch.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative that we've seen two top tier QBs of their respective eras (or any era), consecutively. It's been a great 25+_ years to be a Packers fan. It's just that we can't seem to close a goddamn deal with either of them.

It would take some work to convince me Rodgers is not stat obsessed, particularly with interceptions.. I'm pretty certain it's his primary goal to end his career as the highest TD/int ratio of all time. It sounds good, until you see him take a sack on 3rd down when we need a score. Favre would have tossed that ball up. Sure, there's a good chance it's a pick, but that's as good as a punt in certain situations.

They're both frustrating in completely different ways.

Rodgers also calls TO for no good reason. A lot of us used to debate whether that was McCarthy not getting the play in, or Rodgers not liking what he sees. It's spanned coaching eras, so it would see the blame should be squarely on 12.

Oh, and if we're going for it on 4th down, it means that we're just going to try and get you to jump O/S. We'll take the 5y and punt, don't worry.

All that said, I think we can make some real waves in the playoffs if we can get our shit together. When 12 is getting the ball out on time, our offense is still sharp. Our defense is opportunistic, and I don't think we're more than that, but that can be enough to win big games.

I really really want to see us use split backs. Aaron Jones has been very good, but he's not an interior runner. You may as well just bring the LBs into a contain if he's in the game. With Williams back there as well, at least you'd have to guess. Let Rodgers choose between a couple of different run plays or a pass based on personnel and formation.

There.

Go. Pack. Go.

#17854 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Sounds like you're an anti-semantic

Just skimming through this thread and thought, yeah same old shit. Then saw your completely disgusting inappropriate post and thought to myself that this thread has...totally redeemed itself.

#17855 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I had a mentor who was a college Emeritus and he couldn't spell for shit but, he was one of the most brilliant minds science has ever witnessed.

But he was a racist prick right? Otherwise you wouldn’t be bringing him up. You would despise him if he was a libtard eff if he could spell. Because there are a few seemingly smart people who are racist AF. But those people for some reason can’t spell worth a shit. Yeah, it’s a mystery.

And now I will get two downvotes from southern Ohio’s Batman and robin.

#17856 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Intellivision? It's something from the Magical 70s that's for sure.

Even though it said 1978 as the year, it really was 1980. We got it for Christmas, best Christmas ever.

I’ve lost all respect for Odin. He posts Intellivision baseball screenshot with a score of 9-4? Look, Intellivision baseball is the greatest sports video game ever made. Once me and my brother got the hang of it, our games almost always ended 1-0 in extra innings via a walk off home run. What made it so great was every player was instantly accessible via the keypad. The game was two dimensional, so any potential home run could be snagged before it got to the wall if you picked the right fielder to go after the ball and cut it off in time. You always pitched fastball either inside strike or slightly inside ball. Greatest head to head game ever made. There was no playing the computer.

#17857 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

But he was a racist prick right? Otherwise you wouldn’t be bringing him up. You would despise the libtard eff if he could spell. Because there are a few seemingly smart people who are racist AF. But those people for some reason can’t spell worth a shit. Yeah, it’s a mystery.

You never give it a rest do ya Vic, got a little bottle courage eh lol, have a good day slap-stick.

#17858 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You never give it a rest do ya Vic, got a little bottle courage eh lol, have a good day slap-stick.

The fact that I responded a day after your post and you responded 30 seconds after mine would undermine your theory.

#17859 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d like to think my facade is pretty true.

I appreciate your attempt at humor.

#17860 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

RW and Who Dey the dynamic duo from ohiyo!! We actually do make a pretty good pair. We hung out at Pincinnati and are a lot alike. We are just two old redneck hillbillies who like to have fun, cant wait to hang out again with RW!

#17861 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think ole Vic gets on the sauce late at night and just cant help himself RW. Its like 3am in the tent cities right now and everyone is all tanked up and wanting to fight. Heck I’d be angry too if i had to live where people are sleeping and pooping on the sidewalks probably.

#17862 4 years ago

He keeps talking about super hero's so I thought here's a super hero's for an avatar so he can save the day and banish the Ohio duo. Vic to the rescue.
Vic (resized).jpgVic (resized).jpg

#17863 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

But he was a racist prick right? Otherwise you wouldn’t be bringing him up. You would despise him if he was a libtard eff if he could spell. Because there are a few seemingly smart people who are racist AF. But those people for some reason can’t spell worth a shit. Yeah, it’s a mystery.

Please stop Vic your hurting my feelings

th.jvic (resized).jpgth.jvic (resized).jpg
#17864 4 years ago

Sorry double post

#17865 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

RW and Who Dey the dynamic duo from ohiyo!! We actually do make a pretty good pair. We hung out at Pincinnati and are a lot alike. We are just two old redneck hillbillies who like to have fun, cant wait to hang out again with RW!

I thought we were going to have to apologize to Chuckwart, I mean 2 southern Ohio super hero's in one location wow! Actually we may have done them a favor....yeah I mean Vic heard about us all the way out in Never Never land.

#17866 4 years ago

Damn no games tonight, hope Sat. games are good ones. Seems odd watching NFL games on College footballs day.

#17867 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I thought we were going to have to apologize to Chuckwart, I mean 2 southern Ohio super hero's in one location wow! Actually we may have done them a favor....yeah I mean Vic heard about us all the way out in Never Never land.

And we had gun nut also with us. Definitely a good ole boy there! Oh yeah and your brother, he's a pretty good size dude also. Rough crowd in there that night! The snowflake patrol!

#17868 4 years ago

Yeah we were in some good company at that. Look forward to next year. I played until I literally had small sores on my index fingers like I'd yanked a hang nail off!

#17869 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ohio runs through my veins. A lil jealous I wasn’t there for the party.

#17870 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

It’s La La Land, and its awesome out here. But still, you should apologize to Chuckwort. I have not heard of you two other than what I occasionally check into this thread and read about. Who Dey is a loyal Robin. I’ll give him that.

#17871 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah we were in some good company at that. Look forward to next year. I played until I literally had small sores on my index fingers like I'd yanked a hang nail off!

Hopefully you can come to my house soon also and we will battle it out!

#17872 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Ohio runs through my veins. A lil jealous I wasn’t there for the party.

I dont like it here that much but its not too bad. Tennessee is where i really want to end up at. Thats my kind of people there now, good ole southern folks.

#17873 4 years ago

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hopefully you can come to my house soon also and we will battle it out!

Boy, you two really are Batman and Robin in the truest sense. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am a strong supporter of your community.

#17874 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think ole Vic gets on the sauce late at night and just cant help himself RW. Its like 3am in the tent cities right now and everyone is all tanked up and wanting to fight. Heck I’d be angry too if i had to live where people are sleeping and pooping

You do live where people are sleeping and pooping. I think it’s time for you to click that button and yell “nurse”.

#17875 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You do live where people are sleeping and pooping. I think it’s time for you to click that button and yell “nurse”.

No we wont allow tent cities here Vic. The day that happens is the day that i move the F out of here. We’ll leave that for you guys.

#17876 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont like it here that much but its not too bad. Tennessee is where i really want to end up at. Thats my kind of people there now, good ole southern folks.

One can only dream. On second thought, tell me where I can send 20 bucks, and I can make that dream come true. What’s a down payment on a Tennessee house anyways?

#17877 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What’s a down payment on a Tennessee house anyways?

Not much. I just need a little cabin sitting out in the woods by itself. Just me and the bears. I could probably sell my pinball collection and pay cash for it.

#17878 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not much. I just need a little cabin sitting out in the woods by itself. Just me and the bears. I could probably sell my pinball collection and pay cash for it.

Hey, there are a lot of “Bears” out here in Hollywood. I could probably hook you up, Robin.

#17879 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

One can only dream. On second thought, tell me where I can send 20 bucks, and I can make that dream come true. What’s a down payment on a Tennessee house anyways?

Hell yeah send the twenty bucks Vic ole boy! WooHoo free money, Thx Vic send it here, they could use it and it will make you look good too.

Battered women's shelter 1162 Vine St, Cincinnati Ohio 45246

You're a great guy to help out buddy thx again. Maybe I was wrong about you.

#17880 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You been watching Grizzly Adams again ain't ya?

#17881 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hey, there are a lot of “Bears” out here in Hollywood. I could probably hook you up, Robin.

No thanks Vic im good buddy. You can keep them in your state. They seem to really love it there.

#17882 4 years ago

Rams/49ners looking forward to this one. I think both teams come in with a chip on their shoulder and play lights out! I like the 49ers but the Rams are just searching for a victim. The Bills/Pats game should be awesome too. I'm going with the Bills but I have to admit part, no, who am I kidding, all of it comes from my hatred for the Pats.

#17883 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Rams/49ners looking forward to this one. I think both teams come in with a chip on their shoulder and play lights out! I like the 49ers but the Rams are just searching for a victim. The Bills/Pats game should be awesome too. I'm going with the Bills but I have to admit part, no, who am I kidding, all of it comes from my hatred for the Pats.

49ers will crush them RW!

#17884 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

49ers will crush them RW!

That's what I thought last week and the only one crushed was me

#17885 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think ole Vic gets on the sauce late at night and just cant help himself RW. Its like 3am in the tent cities right now and everyone is all tanked up and wanting to fight. Heck I’d be angry too if i had to live where people are sleeping and pooping on the sidewalks probably.

Sidewalks,hell they are pooping in the stores now!

#17886 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Ohio runs through my veins.

So you're a Super Hero too, small world.

#17887 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hell yeah send the twenty bucks Vic ole boy! WooHoo free money, Thx Vic send it here, they could use it and it will make you look good too.
Battered women's shelter 1162 Vine St, Cincinnati Ohio 45246
You're a great guy to help out buddy thx again. Maybe I was wrong about you.

B8C9FF2A-1BF2-4469-ADE0-8326412ACDDC (resized).jpegB8C9FF2A-1BF2-4469-ADE0-8326412ACDDC (resized).jpeg
#17888 4 years ago

You're a great guy Vic, your gift will be appreciated Hey that's RWH but I know you meant no harm, thx again.

#17889 4 years ago

I'll send the copy of your post over to them so Tracey knows where the generous funds came from.

#17890 4 years ago

Okay back to football, Bengals will likely lose this week and next for that matter but I'll be there watching and crying.

#17891 4 years ago

Does Tom terrific out gun Drew Breeze and overtake the TD record or does Breeze put it to rest with 4 of his the next game up?

#17892 4 years ago

C'mon Whysnow how are the Bears going to do against KC?

#17893 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I appreciate your attempt at humor.

Come on Hollywood! We all hide behind our carefully crafted public images!

#17894 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Does Tom terrific out gun Drew Breeze and overtake the TD record or does Breeze put it to rest with 4 of his the next game up?

This would usually be the time he does it but I think if he could throw a lot of tds he would have already. That offense is really that bad.

#17895 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Even though it said 1978 as the year, it really was 1980. We got it for Christmas, best Christmas ever.
I’ve lost all respect for Odin. He posts Intellivision baseball screenshot with a score of 9-4? Look, Intellivision baseball is the greatest sports video game ever made. Once me and my brother got the hang of it, our games almost always ended 1-0 in extra innings via a walk off home run. What made it so great was every player was instantly accessible via the keypad. The game was two dimensional, so any potential home run could be snagged before it got to the wall if you picked the right fielder to go after the ball and cut it off in time. You always pitched fastball either inside strike or slightly inside ball. Greatest head to head game ever made. There was no playing the computer.

Did that game have Speech? I remember them pushing the hell out of that speech ad-on in countless television commercials.

#17896 4 years ago

Oy. I don't want any of you idiots questioning my fandom again, just because I'm praying the Skins lose this game...

An exchange I just had with my brother in law...

655CA6BE-E3A4-40A8-A788-9D748C1CD631 (resized).jpeg655CA6BE-E3A4-40A8-A788-9D748C1CD631 (resized).jpeg
#17897 4 years ago

No Thursday night game today gentlemen, but we do get 3 Saturday games.

1pm
Houston Texans (-3) at Tampa Bay

4:30pm
Buffalo at New England (-6.5)

8:15pm
Rams at San Francisco (-6.5)

These should all be good games. The Buf/N.E. game could be the best game of the week.

#17898 4 years ago

Bills, Bills, Bills!!!

#17899 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Tom Brady has masterfully executed an offense, at least when it matters... I'll give him that.
I get tired of the "GOAT" talk. I can't wait until I can stop pretending Tom Brady is somehow better than every other QB ever. I just don't see him as the linchpin.
Peyton Manning was the most impressive QB I've seen. He actually changed the game, and had DCs shaking in their boots every time he took the field. His years in Denver he was a shell of himself, he started to lose zip on the ball midway through the year, but he still did what he needed to do to get that ring.
I think he's also the only QB to ever win a SB with 2 different franchises... but I may be wrong on that.

LOL the people making all the GOAT comments on this thread are the bashers people get a f#@king grip

#17900 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Colson,
Are you going to the well one too many times with the Eagles scoring 31 points?
Or are you thinking, "let it ride again on number 31"?

I do like me some roulette. Always play 8, 11, 18 and 21. Good numbers that hit a lot.

Although Ray Didinger predicted Cowboys win this morning on WIP. Disappointing. Invite is still open for Sunday. Levi, you know your way to my house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/358 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.