spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 1,513.
#17601 4 years ago

bears/ packers outcome decided in the first chance the zebras possibly could set the tone.

That completely opposite call of interference on the punt receiver was so bad, the announcers could not even figure out a way to justify it, lol.

#17602 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bears/ packers outcome decided in the first chance the zebras possibly could set the tone.
That completely opposite call of interference on the punt receiver was so bad, the announcers could not even figure out a way to justify it, lol.

Why does the packers winning today somehow = an outcome the nfl and the networks would want?

Wouldn’t they prefer keeping the bears in it, and creating more drama for the packers?

Don’t see how a scripted win for the pack benefits anybody except the packers today.

#17603 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why does the packers winning today somehow = an outcome the nfl and the networks would want?
Wouldn’t they prefer keeping the bears in it, and creating more drama for the packers?
Don’t see how a scripted win for the pack benefits anybody except the packers today.

for scripting, likely for the drama of home field advantage for packers.

That call was so bad, I see no way it was not produced.

#17604 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for scripting, likely for the drama of home field advantage for packers.
That call was so bad, I see no way it was not produced.

You are out of your mind on this. You realize that don’t you?

There is no drama for packers getting home field easier. There is more drama if the packers lose today. In BOTH markets, Chicago and Green Bay.

I don’t see how you can watch and enjoy the nfl if you genuinely believe it’s scripted.

#17606 4 years ago

Wow. The eagles are bad and don’t have a chance of beating the also bad cowboys.

Best possible outcome. Haskins looked good. Haskins looked good. We got 2nd pick on lock down. All we have to do is lose to the giants. Please. Come on guys. Don’t beat the goddamn giants. PLEASE!

Speaking of the cowboys...Kai forbath? Really? Come on guys.

#17607 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im gonna say
Patriots 34
Bengals 13

Hey did I call that or what? Don't ever doubt me when it comes to football!

#17608 4 years ago

Another solid W for the chiefs ..I know that it was against the donkeys , but Mahomes n Kelce had it going on. And the D is slowly putting it together at the right time..

#17609 4 years ago

Freddie Kitchens is an idiot. Cards are terrible covering TEs. David Njoku gets declared inactive 2 hours before the game.

#17610 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

don’t see how you can watch and enjoy the nfl if you genuinely believe it’s scripted.

It is just like WWE. Lots of theatrics, loosely scripted, and still can be entertaining.

Granted, I don’t spend any Vested time on it On in the background while working on pinball.

#17611 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is just like WWE. Lots of theatrics, loosely scripted, and still can be entertaining.
Granted, I don’t spend any Vested time on it On in the background while working on pinball.

If it were just like WWE wouldn’t the scripts actually create drama rather than lessen it? I don’t watch wrestling but I can only assume that’s the point?

Chicago bears season is over now. Zero drama. Coulda stretched the bears’ soap opera another three weeks with some clever scripting.

Zero added drama for packers. Doesn’t really change anything win or lose today.

#17612 4 years ago

If there was a script, the bears didn’t follow it and sucked. If there wasn’t a script, the bears still sucked.
Ugh the bears fucking suck!!

#17613 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BS. Go back under your bridge...

#17614 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’m with you. Shopping and polishing up my Superman this fine Sunday. Eagles game, and now Dallas, on in the background.

Anybody local have 10 transparent red faceted 1 3/16” posts? I’m a few short to replace them all.
B5E4E39E-5900-4042-B149-73A0C3C1F38C (resized).jpegB5E4E39E-5900-4042-B149-73A0C3C1F38C (resized).jpegCD12F1F1-A376-4F11-8EAA-6C165EA5EEB8 (resized).jpegCD12F1F1-A376-4F11-8EAA-6C165EA5EEB8 (resized).jpeg

#17615 4 years ago

If Jerry needed any further confirmation, he just got it.

#17616 4 years ago

Dak said "deferred" ..sure hope they get the ball to start 2nd half.. and Todd who?! One rushing yard so far for the 1st half!

#17617 4 years ago

Stop high fiving Dallas and focus. You have a 3 game losing streak and Rams could still score before the half. Sick of how talented Dallas is and no way should be 6-7. No way this game is over. Dallas needs to keep intensity high. With Garrett as head coach I've seen them blow too many big leads.

#17618 4 years ago

Finally Sean Lee does something. First int since 2017 but could be huge.

#17620 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dak said "deferred" ..sure hope they get the ball to start 2nd half.. and Todd who?! One rushing yard so far for the 1st half!

Yeah, that's crazy. I'm curious to see what they do.

28-7. Not a bad start.

#17621 4 years ago

Odin, did you see Russel Okung #76 on that Vikings fumble recovery and return for a td? Can’t post video here, but it was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw.
CC95C61B-1765-403B-840F-F18D7AA5ACA2 (resized).jpegCC95C61B-1765-403B-840F-F18D7AA5ACA2 (resized).jpeg

1817B152-BBA5-4426-946B-BB96B41FE7AB (resized).jpeg1817B152-BBA5-4426-946B-BB96B41FE7AB (resized).jpegA861F5DA-F854-4EBB-A0C5-359CFA3B7676 (resized).jpegA861F5DA-F854-4EBB-A0C5-359CFA3B7676 (resized).jpegF38FC611-8368-42CD-98D7-5E32D8CD27A1 (resized).jpegF38FC611-8368-42CD-98D7-5E32D8CD27A1 (resized).jpegC791FA8F-7412-4ECA-B3A9-9E10CF89C106 (resized).jpegC791FA8F-7412-4ECA-B3A9-9E10CF89C106 (resized).jpeg
#17622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2\2 (50,42)

#17623 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow. The eagles are bad and don’t have a chance of beating the also bad cowboys.
Best possible outcome. Haskins looked good. Haskins looked good. We got 2nd pick on lock down. All we have to do is lose to the giants. Please. Come on guys. Don’t beat the goddamn giants. PLEASE!

Who actually wants their team to lose just to gain a draft pick position?! That's asinine. There is undrafted superstars.. Lamar Jackson went late and turned out alright! Eli prob gonna beat your 'skins tho! Also, i sure hope you're right on the first part of that comment! Happy Sunday mang!

#17624 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who actually wants their team to lose just to gain a draft pick position?!

Me. In a big way.

As long as I've been alive the Redskins have NEVER had a top draft pick like this. In the past 20 years, it's almost always some shitty 15th pick or something after the annual 7-9 season. And Bruce Allen's dumb ass almost ALWAYS drafts some middling player who slid down to 15th as an "injury bargain" and they end up getting hurt all the time or just sucking.

Going 5-11 does NOTHING for the organization and whomever is running it next year. 3-13 however, and the #2 pick is huge - get a generational talent like Chase Young, or find some idiots who want to pull an RG3 or Goff and give us like 3 #1s for it to draft a QB.

TOday was the best possible outcome for the Redskins - Haskins made huge progress, other young guys like McLaurin looked good, nobody got hurt, and yet the Skins still found a way to lose.

Great clutch performance by the Skins to cough it up at the end! I just pray they find a way to lose to the Giants. It shouldn't be hard. To top it off, another loss, and possible worst ever 3-13 season, is does more to get Bruce Allen fired, which I'm still not convinced is a lock.

#17625 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Going 5-11 does NOTHING for the organization and whomever is running it next year. 3-13 however, and the #2 pick is huge - get a generational talent like Chase Young,

Yeah, they need something. If they lose out, at least they have a chance for a great 1st round pick. Eagles are in a sad place too, barely pulling out wins against the Giants and now the Redskins. They need talent.

At least I was productive today. After 3 coats, PF is now as smooth as butter, and the Comet Sunlight LEDs are poppin. It’s much more fun putting a game back together than it is taking it apart.

9BA13AAA-E144-46F5-9146-3C5A0502CCA3 (resized).jpeg9BA13AAA-E144-46F5-9146-3C5A0502CCA3 (resized).jpeg
#17626 4 years ago

Man the Browns SUCK! I kinda wish ole dirtbag was here just for the day so we could here him tell us how great the Browns are one more time.

Oh yeah, and Big Joe Burrow is coming to the Nati looks like for sure now....woo hoo!

#17627 4 years ago

Something really troubling here.

I need the cowboys to LOSE to philly next week.

If they win, they clinch, and they can rest players week 17 opening door to a possibly disastrous redskins upset!!

I also genuinely think the redskins are a little better than the giants. But I know we can lose to them. Especially if it’s not Eli out there.

Come on skins! I know you can suck. We know you can suck. the players know they suck!! There’s no reason to win these games. Just be yourselves! Barkley could have a big day.

#17628 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on skins! I know you can suck.

True fan right there.

#17629 4 years ago

After 10 years of mediocrity it appears that Skins GM is pretty cemented in his position so he should be unconcerned with the obvious tank.

Best thing they could do is let Haskins air it out 40+ times and go into the offseason with some idea of who they have. Loser franchises hide their QBs for 4 years, pick up the 5th year option, and eventually replace said QBs with a washout from another loser franchise after starting 2-4.

#17630 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

After 10 years of mediocrity it appears that Skins GM is pretty cemented in his position so he should be unconcerned with the obvious tank.
Best thing they could do is let Haskins air it out 40+ times and go into the offseason with some idea of who they have. Loser franchises hide their QBs for 4 years, pick up the 5th year option, and eventually replace said QBs with a washout from another loser franchise after starting 2-4.

I'm sure you didn't watch the game (why would you?!) today, but Haskins had an EXCELLENT game, by far his best as a pro. Had a few off throws, but was quick, decisive, smart with the football (till that ridiculous final play), good reads and had serious zip on this throws. His progress is coming along slowly but nicely, seems dumb to change the game plan and throw it 50 times just so he can get the shit knocked out of him all day and throw into double coverage because the opponent knows they are throwing all day. I wouldn't consider that smart at all.

#17631 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure you didn't watch the game (why would you?!) today, but Haskins had an EXCELLENT game, by far his best as a pro. Had a few off throws, but was quick, decisive, smart with the football (till that ridiculous final play), good reads and had serious zip on this throws. His progress is coming along slowly but nicely, seems dumb to change the game plan and throw it 50 times just so he can get the shit knocked out of him all day and throw into double coverage because the opponent knows they are throwing all day. I wouldn't consider that smart at all.

haha you are correct I did not and would not watch as my quota of shitty NFL teams to follow is filled. Great to hear he played well. The NFL is short on good QB play. I just now checked and saw 28 attempts. I get your sentiment about getting blown up, but nowhere near enough for development or identifying talent imo.

#17632 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll pick rams by 9.
Cowboys haven’t beat a good team all season don’t see that changing tonight.

Good call

#17633 4 years ago

iirc the rumor was the Jags were high on Watson but then inexplicably drafted a plodding RB at #4. Was that a Coughlin thing? As a Tennessee fan I'm equally enthused and disappointed by the decision

#17634 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

iirc the rumor was the Jags were high on Watson but then inexplicably drafted a plodding RB at #4. Was that a Coughlin thing? As a Tennessee fan I'm equally enthused and disappointed by the decision

Havent you been paying attention??

giphy (14).gifgiphy (14).gif
#17635 4 years ago

Great weekend of football! A ram and 49er loss puts the hawks in great position for the playoffs with their win.

#17636 4 years ago

I was about to ask about that. I was busy today and never had time to watch games. How did the falcons beat the 49ers?

Was the 49ers just playing their 4th string players or something?

I did look up the Bronco score and see they got creamed. Mahomes is very entertaining to watch, I just wish he would not do so well against my Broncos.

#17637 4 years ago

Congrats to the Buffalo Bills for making the play-offs this season.
By beating the Steelers on SNF at Pittsburgh, the Bills now have 10 wins.

Pats currently lead the AFC East at 11-3, w/ final two reg season games at home vs Bills and vs Dolphins.
Bills final two games are at N.E., and at home vs Jets.

I'm pulling for the Bills to win their final two games, and for Patriots to lose one or both of their final two games.

#17638 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Congrats to the Buffalo Bills for making the play-offs this season.
By beating the Steelers on SNF at Pittsburgh, the Bills now have 10 wins.
Pats currently lead the AFC East at 11-3, w/ final two reg season games at home vs Bills and vs Dolphins.
Bills final two games are at N.E., and at home vs Jets.
I'm pulling for the Bills to win their final two games, and for Patriots to lose one or both of their final two games.

I'm glad to see the Bill's doing good too and I'm really glad to see Cleveland suck after getting all those good players and thinking they were going to dominate the AFC North and go to the playoffs, that's the best part about this years football season.

Josh Allen is awesome!

#17639 4 years ago

The Vikings can for sure make the play-offs if they can win one of their final two games, which are both homes games, vs Packers, and vs da Bears.

Packers are already in the play-offs.
Will be interesting to see how the Packers - Vikings game turns out.
Packers are trying to earn home field advantage in playoffs.

Vikings and Packers still battling who will win the NFC North.
Looks like Vikings would need to win both upcoming final two reg season games,
...and need Packers to lose both final two games, in order for Vikings to win the NFC North.
Packers finish up reg season at Lions on 12/29.

The Rams really screwed up getting beat by the Cowboys.
Rams are left chasing the Vikings for the final NFC wildcard spot.
Rams must win their final two games (Sat evening 12/21 at 49ers, and at home vs Cardinals Sun 12/29),
...and Rams need Vikings to lose both of their final two games.

It won't hurt my feelings if Rams don't make the play-offs.

#17640 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

On 2nd thought, I hope the Patriots lose both of their final two games, and Bills win both of their final two games.

#17641 4 years ago

Damn I think out of all the games I picked yesterday only 4 came through......I missed most of the late game but did enjoy Pitt getting beat down. I guess we have no reason to worry about Cincy getting the #1 pick. Andy Dalton was NE best player. 49ers, Titans, they all crapped out on me, and the worst Dallas decided to win...…….

#17642 4 years ago

And congratulations to the "get used to them being around for a while Browns" for taking their 8th loss of the season in typically dumpster-fire fashion!!

Tell us what they've won Bob!

The Browns become the only NFL team to guarantee zero winning seasons in the entire decade of the 2010s!! It's quite an achievement, considering the likes of the Bills, Redskins, Cardinals, Jets, and Lions also play in the NFL and all managed at least one winning season.

You can't give the kudos to one guy or even one department. Truly, a total organizational achievement of which we can all celebrate.

#17643 4 years ago

Hey you win some you lose some, but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I don't remember you even making a pick on this game?

At any rate, congrats to the Cowboys on guaranteeing that the NFC East champion will have at least 8 wins this season! Making all of us in the East proud! Seems like a month since the 'boys have won a game but they certainly outclassed the Rams, ending their post-season aspirations.

#17644 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

haha you are correct I did not and would not watch as my quota of shitty NFL teams to follow is filled. Great to hear he played well. The NFL is short on good QB play. I just now checked and saw 28 attempts. I get your sentiment about getting blown up, but nowhere near enough for development or identifying talent imo.

my god.. remember when if a team threw over 40 times people thought things were broken??

28 attempts is plenty for a normal game. You don't need 35+ attempts to exercise a QB... that's more like "here is an unbalanced team that sits on their QB's shoulders"

#17645 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And congratulations to the "get used to them being around for a while Browns" for taking their 8th loss of the season in typically dumpster-fire fashion!!
Tell us what they've won Bob!
The Browns become the only NFL team to guarantee zero winning seasons in the entire decade of the 2010s!! It's quite an achievement, considering the likes of the Bills, Redskins, Cardinals, Jets, and Lions also play in the NFL and all managed at least one winning season.
You can't give the kudos to one guy or even one department. Truly, a total organizational achievement of which we can all celebrate.

Patriots just became the first team in NFL history to make the Playoffs in every season in a decade.

#17646 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was about to ask about that. I was busy today and never had time to watch games. How did the falcons beat the 49ers?
Was the 49ers just playing their 4th string players or something?
I did look up the Bronco score and see they got creamed. Mahomes is very entertaining to watch, I just wish he would not do so well against my Broncos.

No excuses, but they had 4 defensive starters out. The defense isn't why they lost the game. The Niners offense was terrible ($ fumbles, two lost), and Shanahan was out coached. Lets hope they learn from the experience and run the table. If they beat the Rams and Seahawks they'll get the number one seed. If they don't then its the wild card.

#17647 4 years ago

The Falcons turned it around since their bye. It looks like Dan Quinn saved his job when it looked like he was going to get canned prior to their bye.

#17648 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Falcons turned it around since their bye. It looks like Dan Quinn saved his job when it looked like he was going to get canned prior to their bye.

But is that a good thing for Falcons fans?

#17650 4 years ago

I didn't like them beating my Steelers, but it is good to have them back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/353 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.