tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 1,514.
#17501 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think we should fit him with a Hall of Fame jacket this year, let him wear it to the stadium etc.

The bigger problem is keeping all this intact.

When you just have 2-3 pieces to protect for your special sauce... it's easier. But here, it is the synchronization of so many parts that makes it work so well. The OC, 3 strong TEs, strong RBs, decent line, and the QB. All with a commitment to the model.

The Ravens are lucky that only Ingram is a FA flight risk right now... but the OC could easily be taken away.. or a series of injuries could derail any one of those components. Basically the idea that it's a system, means there are that many more pieces that could get lost.

#17502 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That was really the first time he tried to play running QB in relief.. and it just exposes just how much LJ makes it look easy.
Ron's cites are poorly out of context. The SF game was a windy rainy day. The NE game was not a huge passing game plan. Plus.. his stats were wrong. In the NE game his QBR was 77.8 (Brady was 53!).. his rating was 107! In the SF game, he struggled, and it was his second lowest outting of the year. But that is also against the other top team in the entire league.
This is the QB with the most passing TDs in the league.. two games with perfect passer ratings... two games with 5 TDs... he has the second highest rating for the season.. has not had a multi-interception game since week 5... while during that stretch has played 7 of the league's best teams.. and made jokes out of 3 them.
Yes the Baltimore success is a team formula.. and yes LJ benefits from it. But anyone who thinks he hasn't come around as a passer is just not watching the games. He has more TDs inside the pocket than outside as well.
The Ravens staff should get the MVP for the guts to build an entire formula... 3 TEs.. FB.. RB.. running QB.. and blocking WRs that all work together.. and then magically next play turn into a team with huge catching TEs, lightning fast WRs, and a QB that doesn't throw INTs or get sacked.

Damn Flynn from Ashburn is another Redskins defector to the Ravens?!

Can't blame you. They are leaving in droves!

I didn't read all of Ron's post, just the stuff where he said maybe it's early to anoint LJ as a great passer. Proof will be in a year or so. He looks fantastic right now and I certainly don't think a bunch of cherry-picked stats from a few games this season does anything to cast doubt on it. Pats coming to Baltimore isn't going to result in a Patriots win which is probably all Ron cares about anyway.

I can tell you one thing...I'll be sure to watch the "RG3 Game" if the Ravens have nothing to play for in week 17.

#17503 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

he said maybe it's early to anoint LJ as a great passer.

I watched LJ throw five touchdown passes to five different receivers with pinpoint accuracy and plenty of armstrength left last night.

And some of his shorter passes were just bullets right on the money.

I'd say he has passed the test.

#17504 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched LJ throw five touchdown passes to five different receivers with pinpoint accuracy and plenty of armstrength left last night.
And some of his shorter passes were just bullets right on the money.
I'd say he has passed the test.

Yeah, he looked great.

#17505 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, he looked great.

I'm still scratching my head how the Chargers managed to contain him in last year's playoff game. They brought a lot of pressure from all different places, and they had the players to do it. But now LJ seems to be able to get rid of the ball as fast as anybody.

#17506 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Flynn from Ashburn is another Redskins defector to the Ravens?!

No, I'm from MD.. and specifically all my family is from Baltimore But as you've noticed from your trips down here.. traffic is ass.. so I moved to VA 21yrs ago to be closer to work. And yes, Redskins HQ is just around the corner..

I've liked they kept RGIII as he should be such a similar fit to the offense.. but man.. last night was the worst yet when it comes to them being able to keep the run game going to burn clock when he comes in. Didn't like the play calling at all... RGIII has never been the same runner since Ngata blew him up.

#17507 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Baltimore isn't going to result in a Patriots win

Agreed. The Patriots have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

#17508 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The Patriots have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

They still have that #1 defense, don't they? A lot have said defense wins championships. But seems rare defense wins Super Bowls, unless it's the Ravens.

#17509 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still scratching my head how the Chargers managed to contain him in last year's playoff game. They brought a lot of pressure from all different places, and they had the players to do it. But now LJ seems to be able to get rid of the ball as fast as anybody.

Last year was night and day for LJ. Even through the pre-season.. people (including me) seriously doubted if he would improve enough to be a functional passer in the league. He was flight-y, he did not read-defenses pre-snap at all, his pocket presence was poor, his accuracy was bad. When SD changed their personel group, they were able to contain him, the pass rush was successful with only 4 guys, and LJ was still so green he wasn't able to overcome. So when we spent our big draft pick on a flashy reciever... it was like 'why??? we don't throw!'

Then in the offseason... he worked on things and now it's night and day. When he moves in the pocket, its deliberate and into space, he is reading the defense and finding the open routes, his throwing consistency has improved 2x, and the team can now shift on a whim between power running, WR flash, big TE catching, or a running QB.

It's the single most dramatic off-season change I've ever seen. And the guy only started less than half the season in 2018.

Everyone heard the coaches talking about 'changing the game' in the offseason.. but most thought it was bravado ... but little did we know it was the whole staff committing to this scheme. And it's working.

#17510 4 years ago

I'm hoping we get to see Pats@Bal in the postseason. As of today, I feel pretty confident the Ravens will be around to make that happen, I'm just not so sure the Pats will be.

#17511 4 years ago

Forget it. KC@BAL would be more fun to watch.

#17512 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then in the offseason... he worked on things and now it's night and day.

No doubt about that. He is night and day compared to what I saw in both Chargers games last year. Seems he already knows where the ball is going before the snap, and gets rid of it decisively.

And he is big and strong which should help against getting injured.

#17513 4 years ago

The view above my desk... been that way for years

A299CF37-468E-41F6-BC1E-9F002039CFDF (resized).jpegA299CF37-468E-41F6-BC1E-9F002039CFDF (resized).jpeg

(Thats a cal ripken wheates box behind the stuff too)

#17514 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And he missed a 6th with that bomb right down the center of the field that he just slightly overthrew with the TE/WR wide open.

#17515 4 years ago

ravensnowhaveabetterqbthanthepatriots.com

#17516 4 years ago

Screenshot_20191214-005548_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191214-005548_Chrome (resized).jpg

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Defending the video as absolutely necessary for the wide receiver to secure at least a ‘B’ from Massasoit Community College, Patriots officials claimed Friday that their unsanctioned recording of the Bengals sideline last week was only for a project Julian Edelman was working on for a film class. “Julian has just gotten really into cinema the last few years, and he’s trying to branch out from football with some experimental films,” said owner Robert Kraft, who dismissed accusations that the Patriots were trying to steal signals for their upcoming game by explaining that Edelman wanted the cameras hidden in the stands to mimic the zoomed-out, wide-angle shots used by some of his biggest directorial influences. “It’s been so great to see Julian come alive while taking this class, and it upsets me seeing the media and other NFL teams using this as a flimsy pretense to accuse us of cheating. We’re just trying to enrich the lives of our players by letting them grow as people off the field, and Julian thought covertly filming the Cincinnati sidelines was a great idea for a short film. His professor apparently thinks he has real talent and told him he should submit his stuff to some local film festivals.” At press time, the NFL had dismissed all charges against the Patriots after Kraft donated $10 million towards the creation of an NFL film scholarship program for the league’s players

https://sports.theonion.com/patriots-claim-unsanctioned-recording-was-only-for-proj-1840418375

#17517 4 years ago

They've claimed it was for so many different things I'm getting confused...……..

#17518 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They've claimed it was for so many different things I'm getting confused...……..

Well that one is from The Onion ...

#17520 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Classy Baltimore fans from earlier this year

Wow what do they have to boo about, the kid is the NFL MVP this season without question. I thought Flacco was a better QB then what he has shown in Denver this season, maybe his career really is over as a starter.

#17521 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Classy Baltimore fans

Lets not forget the classy NE fans who booed both QB and HC this season at home no less.

#17522 4 years ago

I boo Cincy every damn week with their shitty play calling. I think we've made a fatal error I in hiring Zac Taylor. The saddest part is they will claim Cincy is rebuilding next year which will give him at least 2-3 more yrs. before they look at firing him. David Shula all over again.

#17523 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I boo Cincy every damn week with their shitty play calling. I think we've made a fatal error I in hiring Zac Taylor. The saddest part is they will claim Cincy is rebuilding next year which will give him at least 2-3 more yrs. before they look at firing him. Davis Shula all over again.

Our owner is Dave Shula all over again. Lol

#17524 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow what do they have to boo about, the kid is the NFL MVP this season without question. I thought Flacco was a better QB then what he has shown in Denver this season, maybe his career really is over as a starter.

It wasnt this season... that is an article from last season about when the team faltered in the playoffs.. and LJ was the true rookie starter over a healthy flacco. The team was completely flat and couldnt throw the ball.. while we had a guy on the bench thta was known for his arm.

It’s a really desperate attempt at digging up dirt and used out of context

#17525 4 years ago

Wow! Can’t imagine a home stadium booing their own team. Outrageous!

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-linebacker-wasnt-happy-team-got-booed-off-the-field-i-thought-it-was-disrespectful-163256888.html

Man, you aren’t dealing too well with this whole patriots will be done soon and suck for a decade to come thing are you?

#17526 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It wasnt this season... that is an article from last season about when the team faltered in the playoffs..

Makes perfect sense, I should have looked at it knowing who was behind the post. Hey even last year he did pretty damn good for a rookie. This year the difference is his passing has improved but, even more important is he can diagnose defenses and that has sped his ball release up.

#17527 4 years ago
#17528 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

yourteamboostheqb.com

No, no here's the correct link: yourteamcheatsandboostheqb.com

#17529 4 years ago

People need to deflect. Next thing you know we’ll be hearing about Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa. Because I haven’t gotten sick of hearing about that yet. Even though it was 30 years ago.

Maybe Santa was booing the quarterback.

#17530 4 years ago

BTW, you should all leave Pats fans alone. Go look at www.yourteamcheats.com.

#17531 4 years ago

LOL you guys! I just wanted to thank you for another full season of giving the Patriots free rent of space in your heads.

#17532 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

LOL you guys! I just wanted to thank you for another full season of giving the Patriots free rent of space in your heads.

I don't have a problem with the Patriots, its their fans I don't like

#17533 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't have a problem with the Patriots, its their fans I don't like

Well I'm sorry you have hatred for anyone at all, especially for something as silly as football. It's supposed to be fun, at least it is for me. Someday, and I don't expect you to realize it just yet, you are going to realize that you are just projecting the anger you have for your own team onto the Patriots (and/or their fans). Maturity means seeing all perspectives, I have no doubt you'll get there someday and I'm rooting hard for you.

#17534 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Maturity means seeing all perspectives, I have no doubt you'll get there someday and I'm rooting hard for you.

Cute!

Have you checked out yourteamcheats.com?

#17535 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Well I'm sorry you have hatred

No never said I hate anyone, that's your interpretation. I just don't care for the fans much.

#17536 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Maturity means seeing all perspectives, I have no doubt you'll get there someday and I'm rooting hard for you.

Well now that you mentioned maturity, how mature were the NE fans who harassed the KC players wives and family members during the game? You can imagine my surprise then when you mentioned maturity, I didn't think you understood what I don't like about those fans.

#17537 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well now that you mentioned maturity, how mature were the NE fans who harassed the KC players wives and family members during the game? You can imagine my surprise then when you mentioned maturity, I didn't think you understood what I don't like about those fans.

I stand by everything I wrote. I'm sorry if it makes you want to lash out. Search for the source of your pain within.

#17538 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I stand by everything I wrote. I'm sorry if it makes you want to lash out. Search for the source of your pain within.

I don’t think anyone’s in pain - it’s just amusing to see you claiming to be the voice of maturity in this thread. Please carry on, we could all use a good laugh in these troubled times!

#17539 4 years ago

Thanks it's nice of you to say so.

#17540 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Thanks it's nice of you to say so.

A sincere apology is a sure sign of maturity.

#17541 4 years ago

I HOPE YOU DIE ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK.

edit: Shit sorry wrong thread

#17542 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I HOPE YOU DIE ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK.

pleasestopandgetyourshotbeforeyoudo.com

myteamcheats.com

#17543 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

People need to deflect. Next thing you know we’ll be hearing about Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa. Because I haven’t gotten sick of hearing about that yet. Even though it was 30 years ago.
Maybe Santa was booing the quarterback.

I heard there’s a jail and court in the stadium also.

#17544 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard there’s a jail and court in the stadium also.

The Santa slammer? Snowballs chance in hell.

#17545 4 years ago

So how many of Y'all thinks that the Bengals will upset the Patriots tomorrow?

#17546 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not holding my breath, but if they come out pumped up and full of energy, there is a chance. They are all professional athletes that at one time or another have stepped up their game. I'm watching it either way.

Is 10 points enough of a spread to bet on them? Not sure about that either.

#17547 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not one single lonely solitary chance in the world

#17548 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Not one single lonely solitary chance in the world

#17549 4 years ago

Bengals 27 Patriots 24 Roaring in the Jungle Baby!

#17550 4 years ago

Pats 24 bengals 10

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.