nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 1,516.
#17251 4 years ago

Taylor of Old Bond Street

Screenshot_20191211-012724~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191211-012724~2 (resized).png
#17252 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow! Tons of injuries this week!!
Calvin ridley, Lamar Jackson, josh Jacobs, alshon jeffrey, Patrick mahomes, devante Parker, dj chark, and more.
Next week should be interesting.

Domt take the injury reports as b&w gospel... especially this late in the season. They have to report when people miss practice... but its not always as severe as listed. Sometimes they are just resting people.

#17253 4 years ago

I really hate seeing cancel culture hit this thread & the Patriots.
I figured true football fans would be the last people on earth to minimize hard work, exemplary ownership, positional skill & revolutionary coaching.

•6 Lombardi trophies completely disregarded
•Hall of Fame players and their efforts just swept under the rug
•a coach who’s steered teams to the big game 12 times.
•a squeaky clean GOAT quarterback gone-after for petty shit like fashion, hair styles & nutrition
•a team that’s gone to the Super Bowl 9 out of the past 18 years

All minimized and discounted for a quickly debunked inflation theory and spying that every other team does.

When pressed, they spit out phrases like “tuck rule,” “deflategate,” and of course the timeless classic “cheaters!”

Of course the people doing the cancelling are the usual butt hurting fans of mediocre teams with only enough luck, skill & brains to make it close, but quickly had their dreams crushed by better players & coaching.

Brady, Belichick and Robert Kraft are amassing a list of achievements that’s totally staggering.

I’m a lucky fan.

But it does feel like it’s all coming to an end and I’ll be back in general population with the rest of you creeps

Who knows, some inmate might come up to me next year and say, “whattaya in for?” and I’ll say just say, “helmet catch” and try not to draw to much attention.

#17254 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The whole world watching in suspense to see which NFC East team will move on to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs.

Quoted from o-din:

Was it the 7-9 Seahawks a few years back that took a shit record and beat the 11-5 Saints in the playoffs? 2011 was it?

And if I recall, didn’t the 9-7 Giants go on to beat the beloved Patriots in the Super Bowl a few years ago?

#17255 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Brady, Belichick and Robert Kraft are amassing a list of achievements that’s totally staggering.

Sounds like you're ready to give Kraft a hand job.

And despite that long rant John, didn't my team just beat yours in the Super Bowl two years ago? Long flourish mediocrity!!!!

#17256 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I figured true football fans would be the last people on earth to minimize hard work, exemplary ownership, positional skill & revolutionary coaching.
•6 Lombardi trophies completely disregarded
•Hall of Fame players and their efforts just swept under the rug
•a coach who’s steered teams to the big game 12 times.
•a squeaky clean GOAT quarterback gone-after for petty shit like fashion, hair styles & nutrition
•a team that’s gone to the Super Bowl 9 out of the past 18 years
All minimized and discounted for a quickly debunked inflation theory and spying that every other team does.
When pressed, they spit out phrases like “tuck rule,” “deflategate,” and of course the timeless classic “cheaters!”
Of course the people doing the cancelling are the usual butt hurting fans of mediocre teams with only enough luck, skill & brains to make it close, but quickly had their dreams crushed by better players & coaching.
I’m a lucky fan.
But it does feel like it’s all coming to an end and I’ll be back in general population with the rest of you creeps
Who knows, some inmate might come up to me next year and say, “whattaya in for?” and I’ll say just say, “helmet catch” and try not to draw to much attention.

Nice rant. Reminds me of the joke about a bridge builder.

#17257 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Nice rant. Reminds me of the joke about a bridge builder.

I don’t know that one. Let’s hear it

#17258 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I don’t know that one. Let’s hear it

Yeah let’s hear it!

#17259 4 years ago

Well I’m sure there are various iterations but the punch line is the same.

Guy is sitting in a bar and ranting that he’s the best bridge builder all around. He’s built the best bridges and everyone is familiar with his work. They all agree he has built some mighty fine bridges. However no one refers to him as a bridge builder. So finally someone asks why not. So he leans in and says, you fuck one sheep...

#17260 4 years ago

Sounds like a bhaaaad deal

#17261 4 years ago

I always admire Embryon's ability to crowbar some right-wing radio talking point into almost any discussion!

Yeah, "cancel culture" is why everybody wants the Patriots to stop blatantly cheating to beat some of the worst teams in football!

Those SJWs are after him again!

#17262 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Sorry - the idea of 'tainted history' in sports predates your attempt at making this a PC thing.

Pete Rose...
OJ...
Mark McGwire...
Black Sox...

The idea of an 'asterix' is a notion from the 90s at least.

#17263 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

cheating to beat some of the worst teams in football!

Now ,Now, Levi ain't no need for name calling, after all they were just scouting

#17264 4 years ago

flynnibus, by the way, Zac Taylor does indeed call the plays during the game. He's been getting his ass handed to him over it in the local papers and news reports and rightly so! He's apologizing profusely but you know fans, we don't want to hear it!

#17265 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those SJWs are after him again!

So I guess Dave Chappell is right wing radio now...whatever

I do understand why your hyper-politicized self wants him hung from the highest tree. C’mon. Be honest for once.

D787FA94-38E6-47A5-9CDA-EB817F46998E (resized).jpegD787FA94-38E6-47A5-9CDA-EB817F46998E (resized).jpeg
#17266 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I do understand why your hyper-politicized self wants him hung from the highest tree. C’mon. Be honest for once.

Love the hat

#17267 4 years ago

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-had-wild-backup-plan-in-place-to-avoid-forfeit-against-patriots-if-equipment-didnt-show-up/

For those that don't know, there was a problem getting the Chiefs gear to the game on Sunday. They worked it out, but I would have loved to see the contingency plan (borrowing from a local high school).

Could you imagine seeing the Pats get beat in their own stadium by a team wearing HS uniforms?? Oh man, I feel like we really missed out.

#17268 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry - the idea of 'tainted history' in sports predates your attempt at making this a PC thing.
Pete Rose...
OJ...
Mark McGwire...
Black Sox...
The idea of an 'asterix' is a notion from the 90s at least.

Does this guy make the list?
Apparently not.
He’s everywhere these days being loved on. His public rehabilitation sickens me

#17269 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Apparently not.

and many others.. which is why he's such a news item of late.

I spent 6 seconds making that list. Feel free to expand it to continue to disprove your own point.

#17270 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

So I guess Dave Chappell is right wing radio now...whatever
I do understand why your hyper-politicized self wants him hung from the highest tree. C’mon. Be honest for once.[quoted image]

Even for you this is bizarre.

The NFL is owned and dominated by billionaires who contribute and vote almost exclusively right wing.

The NFL fanbase is also overwhelmingly right wing.

Yet the Patriots have been a victim of a vast left wing conspiracy since Spygate?

I've said it once and I'll say it again...why can't Pats fans just be happy with their 20 years of excellence and leave it at that? You want to be universally loved as well? You just can't have both.

#17271 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Apparently not.

Yeah, because nobody can be rehabilitated. Did you ever bother to look up all the philanthropic work he did, and voluntarily, during his time in prison and after he was released with regard to animals? I still don’t agree with what Vick did, as a dog lover, but unlike a lot of players in this fucking league, he served his time.

What would be worse is if one of your tight ends went out and murdered somebody gang banger style. Oh wait that was the Patriots’ own Aaron Hernandez.

Or if one of your wide receivers got drunk and ran over somebody in Florida, killing them and barely serving any sentence for it? Oh wait, that was the Patriots’ own wide receiver, Dante Stallworth.

Your boy Belichick obviously doesn’t share your view and always tries to rehabilitate players.

#17272 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've said it once and I'll say it again...why can't Pats fans just be happy with their 20 years of excellence and leave it at that?

Patriots schtik is being the underdog even though they haven't been one since the first SB. Bellicheck has always played that angle up so it's juts become part of the culture of the team/fans. It's like Pitt's "hard nosed," LA's "we don't care aboot sports," or Cincinatti's "toothless heyseed" fans aura.

Boston fans in general seem to be misablre people. Remember how long we had to hear what a suffering sports town it was before the Red Sox finally won the WS? Even though in they had a ton of championships.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you ever bother to look up all the philanthropic work he did....

Oh shut up, guy is a sick fuck

Quoted from Colsond3:

... I still don’t agree with what Vick did...

Wow I'm glad you haven't wavered there; phili strong!

#17273 4 years ago

Pats taped opposing teams signals 40 times over seven years. How much easier is it to win when you know what play the opposition is going to run?

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Yea, always going to be an asterisk.

#17274 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pats taped opposing teams signals 40 times over seven years. How much easier is it to win when you know what play the opposition is going to run?
https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

www.yourteamalsohasshelvesoftapesofotherteamssignals.com!!

#17275 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even for you this is bizarre.
The NFL is owned and dominated by billionaires who contribute and vote almost exclusively right wing.
The NFL fanbase is also overwhelmingly right wing.
Yet the Patriots have been a victim of a vast left wing conspiracy since Spygate?
I've said it once and I'll say it again...why can't Pats fans just be happy with their 20 years of excellence and leave it at that? You want to be universally loved as well? You just can't have both.

You would think that with 20 years of UNPARALLELED excellence Patriot fans would just kick back and relax. YOU would think that. But you don't know and will never know truly what it's really like until you go through it. You have no idea what it's like when the fans of all other (mostly garbage) teams align together to debase you at every chance whether it's baseless or not.

Telling us to just "smile and enjoy it" is one of the most tone deaf things I've ever read.

www.yourteamcheats.com really is the only response rather than having an argument every 20 minutes.

#17276 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

See what I mean? This article is 4+ years old. ESPN makes a lot of money trying to destroy the Patriots because haters lap it up...

#17277 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh shut up, guy is a sick fuck

Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow I'm glad you haven't wavered there; phili strong!

OK. Murdering animals is much worse than murdering people. Got it.

#17278 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m training my bees to kill Michael Vick. Give him a taste of his own medicine

FA533382-D2F3-4359-844C-63DB00DD9729 (resized).jpegFA533382-D2F3-4359-844C-63DB00DD9729 (resized).jpeg
#17279 4 years ago

I heard that the Kraft production team filmed 8 minutes of signals & when confronted asked if they could just delete it call it a day. Sounds like they knew what they were doing.

#17280 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Boston fans in general seem to be misablre people. Remember how long we had to hear what a suffering sports town it was before the Red Sox finally won the WS? Even though in they had a ton of championships.

I went to a game at Fenway over the summer. Walking into the ballpark there was misery abound - mostly sox on sox crimes. Wahlbergs giving the security guys a hard time, Afflecks calling eachother pussies, Norton's yelling at their daughters, it's really something to see.

There was a ton of the stereotypical heckling you'd expect from the stands, mostly toward their own ball club. At one point my wife leaned over "why is everyone so angry? how long have they been bad?". I told her "well they won it all last year...".

Truly miserable people.

#17281 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And if I recall, didn’t the 9-7 Giants go on to beat the beloved Patriots in the Super Bowl a few years ago?

As a wild card road team all the way, wasn't it? Good ole Eli got a SB MVP, one of his two.

#17282 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I went to a game at Fenway over the summer. Walking into the ballpark there was misery abound - mostly sox on sox crimes. Wahlbergs giving the security guys a hard time, Afflecks calling eachother pussies, Norton's yelling at their daughters, it's really something to see.
There was a ton of the stereotypical heckling you'd expect from the stands, mostly toward their own ball club. At one point my wife leaned over "why is everyone so angry? how long have they been bad?". I told her "well they won it all last year...".
Truly miserable people.

www.yourfansaredrunkidiots.com!!!!

#17283 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Finally, a WI based site.

#17284 4 years ago

my wife leaned over "why is everyone so angry? how long have they been bad?"

It’s a left-wing town.
All left wingers are miserable right now.
Just read Levi’s stuff.

#17285 4 years ago

Of all the moments The Patriots have given us over the last many years, this is the one that will be forever most etched in my mind.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#17286 4 years ago

Thought I’d lighten up the mood a little bit...Kraft style.

57DB3018-36A0-4CD5-BF77-72A7ED65F594.gif57DB3018-36A0-4CD5-BF77-72A7ED65F594.gif
#17287 4 years ago

And the list of legendary franchises they beat to get their trophies is staggering.

Panthers
Falcons
Rams
Eagles
Seahawks

We won't mention what happened when they came up against The Bears, The Packers, or The Giants, and more recently The Eagles again.

#17288 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

It’s a left-wing town.
All left wingers are miserable right now.
Just read Levi’s stuff.

STOP TRYING TO CANCEL ME!

#17289 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's like Pitt's "hard nosed," LA's "we don't care aboot sports," or Cincinatti's "toothless heyseed" fans aura.

You are one miserable s.o.b. but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a Michiganian. You and DB66 should move in together, peas in a pod as they say.

#17290 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Boy, what in THE hell is the matter with you?

#17291 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Might be your asinine comments, you think?

#17292 4 years ago

So much vitriol.. and it's only Wednesday!

#17293 4 years ago

So much vitriol.. and it's only Wednesday!

Pretty much all off days are like this lately. Tuesday and Wednesday are usually the worst.

#17294 4 years ago

Sorry upfront for being one of those guys, my dad was an original season ticket holder for the pats. Even employed 3 players in the offseason, back when they had second jobs. I’ve seen them play at Fenway park, Harvard stadium, etc. I couldn’t be more disappointed in their behavior. Their ways have to be cleansed from this franchise, it’s going to be hard to root for them until then.

#17295 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You are one miserable s.o.b. but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a Michiganian. .

What do you know aboot Michigan, you've never been this far north physically or culturally you filthy Kutuckian

#17296 4 years ago

God I love it when it gets close to playoff time!

#17297 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, you easily glossed over the majority of my post (and downvoted) speaking of two Pats players that murdered people. You focused on a tiny philanthropy/Mike Vick comment out of all that. So I could only presume that people murdering other people was not a big deal to you, as compared with Pit Bulls.

Either way, I'm done with the back and forth about it, and the Pats, and especially www.yourteamcheats.com. I've come to the sudden epiphany that their fans being so blatantly miserable despite such UNPARALLELED success is gratification enough for me.

#17298 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What do you know aboot Michigan, you've never been this far north physically or culturally you filthy Kutuckian

I know how to spell "about".

#17299 4 years ago
Quoted from cornfree:

Sorry upfront for being one of those guys, my dad was an original season ticket holder for the pats. Even employed 3 players in the offseason, back when they had second jobs. I’ve seen them play at Fenway park, Harvard stadium, etc. I couldn’t be more disappointed in their behavior. Their ways have to be cleansed from this franchise, it’s going to be hard to root for them until then.

DO NOT bring objectivity, humility and reason into this thread!!!!

#17300 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, you easily glossed over the majority of my post (and downvoted)

They down vote anything that doesn't conform with the way they think others should think, typical left-wing behavior.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/346 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.