Topic Stats

• 20,501 posts - Hot topic!
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,647 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8B29CA9E-8EB8-4B27-A96F-7E6F5B4EF958.gif
Screenshot_20200120-165011~2 (resized).png
hot-take (resized).jpg
53AB8FDA-CB2E-40D4-BAB2-0F4624C9324C (resized).jpeg
giphy (16).gif
2760A7B2-7A38-4DB4-BB2B-5CCB8A85075C (resized).jpeg
90B2BFB6-7DA5-4943-9BE8-E49B0F8E3668 (resized).jpeg
image0000007 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200119-191003~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200119-175104~2 (resized).png
Done (resized).jpg
image.png.806d8deb27e09ed3da72c942ebbe5a3d.png
Screenshot_20200117-132517 (resized).png
6C0C2D2F-3AB8-4D99-AD5F-CD83F3B03453 (resized).jpeg
3B190141-0330-4BFA-A7F1-0D6FABC42DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 20501 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 411.
#16451 49 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. I think he can win with another QB, and I think his ego is such that he'll try it.
I think Belichick is clearly the biggest key to their success. Get him a decent QB with a desire to win and leadership potential, and I don't think they skip a beat.

Man that Cassell horse is beat into the ground pretty good now; comes up every time someone suggests he won't win without Brady.

I'll just suggest that's an extremely small sample size, and point out that 11-5 or not, they didn't even make the playoffs that year. And while people love discussing his one Bradyless season with the Pats, they don't bring up his awful five-year tenure in Cleveland with the likes of Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde.

Plenty of coaches have won with HOF QBs and then won nothing of significance once that player leaves. Brady won't be around forever, and neither will the Pats' dynasty. I think they are linked...sure, Bill can hang around another decade if he really wants to, like Chuck Knoll, but I think the results will be similar.

#16452 49 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Tonight's Vikings-seahawks game should be very good. Two of the best team's in the NFC duking it out.
Does Calvin cook finally get hurt? (I'm shocked he hasn't yet, actually)
Who leads the seahawks backfield...Chris Carson or Rashaad penny? ( please let it be Carson! I am behind in fantasy football this week, and he is my last hope!)
Does Russell Wilson gain any traction on Lamar Jackson in the MVP race?

This is a huge night for the Seahawks, if they win they move above the Niners in the division and start to set themselves up well in the playoffs. Both the Vikings and Seahawks are likely to make the playoffs regardless of the outcome tonight, but it would be great to get a first round bye.

#16453 49 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde

I can agree with that assessment as both of these two QB's were quality players of the time.

#16454 49 days ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I liked this thread much better when the discussion was actually about nfl football. Maybe some folks here can duke it out on their own special “you are smelly, no YOU are smelly” thread?

Can you imagine how this thread would be without a couple guys from Ohio and a guy that lives vicariously through his brother?

#16455 49 days ago

I'm looking at close spans of diff'rent QBs/coaches winning and wondering if ol Bill could do the same; only thing comparable-ish that isn't Gibbs.

Late 70/80s Raiders did it
80/90s 49ers
80s Giants

So small sample size there, and 49s are dealing with 2 Hall of fame Qbs...but there others show it can be done.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd have to be on par with Joe Gibbs to pull that off and Bellecheck is no Gibbs!

Gibbs or The Tuna...hmmm....impossible to say

#16456 49 days ago

Its funny the Patriots are 10-2 and you guys are acting like the sky is falling. Bellicheat can turn the Patriots around quickly even if he doesn’t have Brady. The guy is a genius.

#16457 49 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm looking at close spans of diff'rent QBs/coaches winning and wondering if ol Bill could do the same; only thing comparable-ish that isn't Gibbs.
80/90s 49ers
80s Giants
So small sample size there, and 49s are dealing with 2 Hall of fame Qbs...but there others show it can be done.

Gibbs did it with THREE mediocre QBs.

A feat never to be repeated as long as the NFL exists!

Skins fans in 2019...livin' in the past like Uncle Rico!

#16458 49 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its funny the Patriots are 10-2 and you guys are acting like the sky is falling. Bellicheat can turn the Patriots around quickly even if he doesn’t have Brady. The guy is a genius.

Agreed. Seems to me they lose a game inexplicably every season. Maybe winning is boring? Couldnt say as a TN fan.

Last year NE got wrecked by a mediocre TN team, then coasted to another ring. The celebratory Krafty was an unexpected twist!

#16459 49 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gibbs did it with THREE mediocre QBs.

Wait, are you trying to insinuate that Joe Theisman, 2 TIME ALL STAR from the Canadian Football League was mediocre?!

I bet the 90s Cowboys could have done it with 3 Qbs, well for sure 2.

#16460 49 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

Agreed. Seems to me they lose a game inexplicably every season. Maybe winning is boring? Couldnt say as a TN fan.
Last year NE got wrecked by a mediocre TN team, then coasted to another ring. The celebratory Krafty was an unexpected twist!

I wish the Bengals were 10-2 and falling apart.

#16461 49 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait, are you trying to insinuate that Joe Theisman, 2 TIME ALL STAR from the Canadian Football League was mediocre?!
I bet the 90s Cowboys could have done it with 3 Qbs, well for sure 2.

Possibly!

It's tough to discount the coaching prowess of Barry Switzer.

#16462 49 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

While I agree, I think the Ravens look like a tougher team than the Patriots this year. I could easily see the Patriots losing to them in the playoffs.

#16463 49 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

80/90s 49ers
80s Giants

LOL The Tuna got his rings with Belichick as defensive coordinator

#16464 49 days ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL The Tuna got his rings with Belichick as defensive coordinator

Thanks for the late breaking news.

#16465 49 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can you imagine how this thread would be without a couple guys from Ohio and a guy that lives vicariously through his brother?

You mean the guys that call you out for what you are????? Do we go there???? Up to you prince. Keep trolling my friend.

#16466 49 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The Patriots golden years are coming to a close. Next year we’ll be like a blind man at an orgy, just feeling our way around...

Honest with a dash of funny,I like it!

#16467 49 days ago

Levi, I hope the skins win at least one more game just in case the Bengals get lucky and win one or two more games, at this point we can't afford to lose the draft pick!

#16468 49 days ago

Is it unanimous Seattle wins tonight???????

#16469 49 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

That’s why it’s called Overreaction Monday!

#16470 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yes!

#16471 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I like Kirk cousins finally playing a Decent MNf gamE. Vikes are on a roll.

#16472 49 days ago

Vikings for me.

#16473 49 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah it would be so much better with a bunch of guys like you that admittedly hit and abuse women wouldn't it?

#16474 49 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wait, you're a woman beater?

#16475 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yessir

#16476 49 days ago

It looks like several members of the Seahawks have the flu. I needed Lockett to have a good game in my fantasy league, so he won't do squat. I am going Vikes tonight.

#16477 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yup!

#16478 49 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man that Cassell horse is beat into the ground pretty good now; comes up every time someone suggests he won't win without Brady.
I'll just suggest that's an extremely small sample size, and point out that 11-5 or not, they didn't even make the playoffs that year. And while people love discussing his one Bradyless season with the Pats, they don't bring up his awful five-year tenure in Cleveland with the likes of Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde.
Plenty of coaches have won with HOF QBs and then won nothing of significance once that player leaves. Brady won't be around forever, and neither will the Pats' dynasty. I think they are linked...sure, Bill can hang around another decade if he really wants to, like Chuck Knoll, but I think the results will be similar.

It's brought up because it's relevant. How many winning seasons does Brady have without BB? And you know 11-5 gets you into the playoffs practically every year.

BB brought CLE to their last playoff appearance. Look at the franchise since then, and tell me that's not a success story.

#16479 49 days ago
Quoted from Jodester:

It looks like several members of the Seahawks have the flu. I needed Lockett to have a good game in my fantasy league, so he won't do squat. I am going Vikes tonight.

I need Chris Carson to light it up

#16480 49 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I need Chris Carson to light it up

Locket definitely was suffering from flu symptoms. I didn't hear anything about Carson.

#16481 49 days ago
Screenshot_20191202-200526~2 (resized).png
#16482 49 days ago

Sorry. I was busy puking since the end of the fourth quarter yesterday.

#16483 49 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's brought up because it's relevant. How many winning seasons does Brady have without BB? And you know 11-5 gets you into the playoffs practically every year.
BB brought CLE to their last playoff appearance. Look at the franchise since then, and tell me that's not a success story.

It’s a really small sample size.i don’t consider one good season with a scrub like Casell a Convincing case.

Bill ain’t gonna win shit without Brady.

I guess we could go back and forth on this all day but let’s agree to disagree.

#16484 49 days ago

Damn did Levi and The Law call it????????

#16485 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn did Levi and The Law call it????????

Nah, the Vikings luck will run out soon enough

#16486 49 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Nah, the Vikings luck will run out soon enough

I don’t know...Cousins just had a pretty good 2 minute drill...

#16487 49 days ago

It better start turning soon then it is not going well lol

#16488 49 days ago

Thanks for the ball Vikes. Hope your guys are allright, always hard to see people down hurt after a play, especially Diggs, he's elite.

#16489 49 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks for the ball Vikes. Hope your guys are allright, always hard to see people down hurt after a play, especially Diggs, he's elite.

Him and Cook being down on that play sure took the air out of it...

#16490 49 days ago

Things are heating up, a lot of people going down.

#16491 49 days ago

Boom! Seattle is about to run away with this...

#16492 49 days ago

There it is!

#16493 49 days ago

Booya!! This is more like it

#16494 49 days ago

The wheels just came off for the Vikes.

#16496 49 days ago

This game is over, Seahawks are absolutely dominating the Vikings at this point with 24 unanswered points.

Birdbowl 2020 is starting to become a reality, Seahawks vs. Ravens in the Superbowl!

#16497 49 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

The wheels just came off for the Vikes.

Yeah, whatever hiccup Seattle hit in the 2nd quarter they certainly corrected. Defense is making play after play.

#16498 49 days ago

Cousins now 0-7 on MNF.

#16499 49 days ago

Did someone say pinball museum

#16500 49 days ago

How about that? Pinball making an appearance on MNF.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Chicagoland, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
£ 20.00
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 20501 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 411.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside