pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 1,516.
#16101 4 years ago

So, are we just going to keep blindly calling the Patriots the GOAT?

Resized_Screenshot_20191126-020449_ESPN (resized).jpegResized_Screenshot_20191126-020449_ESPN (resized).jpeg
#16102 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So, are we just going to keep blindly calling the Patriots the GOAT?[quoted image]

Just like in last year’s Super Bowl, Tom Brady & the Patriots have a way of playing incredibly boring football. Nothing flashy, fast or high-light reel type stuff, but still ~ they win...
It won’t be a blow-out and it’ll leave you looking for conspiracies, blaming referees, and waiting for next year all while walking around with that butt-hurt feeling they’ve been dolling out for 20 years.
Sometimes a football team’s collective IQ masquerades as luck, cheating or presents itself as uninspiring & unglamorous as last year’s 13-3 Super Bowl victory over the Rams.
But they just keep winning. It must be maddening on the other side of the table.

#16103 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Just like in last year’s Super Bowl, Tom Brady & the Patriots have a way of playing incredibly boring football. Nothing flashy, fast or high-light reel type stuff, but still ~ they win...
It won’t be a blow-out and it’ll leave you looking for conspiracies, blaming referees, and waiting for next year all while walking around with that butt-hurt feeling they’ve been dolling out for 20 years.
Sometimes a football team’s collective IQ masquerades as luck, cheating or presents itself as uninspiring & unglamorous as last year’s 13-3 Super Bowl victory over the Rams.
But they just keep winning. It must be maddening on the other side of the table.

The "tuck rule"
Spygate
Deflategate
Tripgate

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

#16104 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I like how most Patriots fans are impervious to the fact that their team...actually…has...cheated. And several times, in multiple ways. Your players have been suspended, fined, etc.

Stop making it out like it’s some fabrication because all other fans are simply jealous of your rings. That is utter bullshit.

What I think is truly sad is that the Patriots are a fine damn team and never had to cheat anyway. Or did they have to in order to win some of those sparkly rings?

Pats fans are starting to be as annoying as Tom Brady himself. The guy loses...he runs off the field without shaking hands or congratulating anybody. GOAT my ass. He’s a poor fucking sport.

He wins? He’s tweeting to the entire league to enjoy the week and have a Happy Thanksgiving. What a joke.

#16105 4 years ago

Pats Cowboys most watched game sense 2007

#16106 4 years ago

For those of you who want to get on your high horse, and bitch about cheating you best check your team cheat score https://yourteamcheats.com

#16107 4 years ago

Colsond3 you might take note your team has a deflate-gate https://yourteamcheats.com/PHI#Deflategate-2004

#16108 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For those of you who want to get on your high horse, and bitch about cheating you best check your team cheat score https://yourteamcheats.com

So sick of seeing this stupid site. You know what the Cleveland Browns do NOT have to show for all of their cheating? Six Superbowl rings.

#16109 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So sick of seeing this stupid site. You know what the Cleveland Browns do NOT have to show for all of their cheating? Six Superbowl rings.

LOL Cleveland has always been a joke when it comes to sports at least you have 2016 cav's

#16110 4 years ago

Did anybody see the Ravens last night?Does anybody want to choose the AFC champion now?

#16111 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Colsond3 you might take note your team has a deflate-gate https://yourteamcheats.com/PHI#Deflategate-2004

I wasn't talking about my team. I was talking about the Pats and their repetitive cheating in a variety of ways. And more importantly, how their fans ignore it or construe it as some misplaced jealously.

Tom wins...he tweets. Tom gets caught cheating, he smashes his cell phone. Facts.

#16112 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did anybody see the Ravens last night?Does anybody want to choose the AFC champion now?

Lamar looks crazy sick. Long interview with Mike Vick about him online.

#16113 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wasn't talking about my team. I was talking about the Pats and their repetitive cheating in a variety of ways. And more importantly, how their fans ignore it or construe it as some misplaced jealously.
Tom wins...he tweets. Tom gets caught cheating, he smashes his cell phone. Facts.

You should really check out this website: www.yourteamcheats.com

Very informative...

#16114 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

He is the MVP up to this point.

Quoted from JY64:

If you aren't cheating, then you aren't trying hard enough.

#16115 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You should really check out this website: www.yourteamcheats.com
Very informative...

I have looked at it. I get it. Every team cheats. But not every team has two hands full of Super Bowl rings from the benefit of it.

And I guess every owner gets hand jobs from massage parlors. At least Jeffrey Lurie had the decency to marry the girl.

#16116 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I have looked at it. I get it. Every team cheats. But not every team has two hands full of Super Bowl rings from the benefit of it.
And I guess every owner gets hand jobs from massage parlors. At least Jeffrey Lurie had the decency to marry the girl.

0ED81B79-1A1F-4BB8-9B6E-1E4316AADC3C (resized).jpeg0ED81B79-1A1F-4BB8-9B6E-1E4316AADC3C (resized).jpeg
#16117 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The "tuck rule"
Spygate
Deflategate
Tripgate

The Pats also signed Belichick when he had already signed to coach the Jets.

#16118 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah, I think I'll take them. Plenty of Ravens fans at the LA Colliseum last night would seem to agree.

#16119 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Pats also signed Belichick when he had already signed to coach the Jets.

LOL he was never signed by the Jets When Parcells stepped down as head coach after the 1999 season, he had already arranged with team management to have Belichick succeed him. However, Belichick would be the New York Jets' head coach for only one day. When Belichick was introduced as head coach to the media—the day after his hiring was publicized—he turned it into a surprise resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a napkin that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.[37]

Soon after this bizarre turn of events, he was introduced as the Patriots' 12th full-time head coach, succeeding the recently fired Pete Carroll.[38] The Patriots had tried to hire him away from Parcells/the Jets in the past.[citation needed] Parcells and the Jets claimed that Belichick was still under contract to the Jets, and demanded compensation from the Patriots. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agreed, and the Patriots gave the Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 in exchange for the right to hire Belichick

#16120 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The "tuck rule"
Spygate
Deflategate
Tripgate

The tuck rule went against the pats before it went for them the one everyone knows
The tuck rule was called in Week 2 of an NFL regular season matchup on September 23, 2001, between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.[2] With 1:01 left in the second quarter, Patriots defensive end Anthony Pleasant apparently forced Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde to fumble the ball, with Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour making a recovery.[3] The call was overturned upon review and ruled an incomplete pass, with the tuck rule cited. The Jets tied the game with a field goal. The only tuck rule people remember. The tuck rule resulted in a controversial finish to an AFC divisional playoff game on January 19, 2002, between the New England Patriots and the Oakland Raiders. You cant have your cake and eat it too quit your bitching

#16121 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He is the MVP up to this point.

I got MVP for healthcare and it sucks!

#16122 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The tuck rule went against the pats before it went for them the one everyone knows
The tuck rule was called in Week 2 of an NFL regular season matchup on September 23, 2001, between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.[2] With 1:01 left in the second quarter, Patriots defensive end Anthony Pleasant apparently forced Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde to fumble the ball, with Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour making a recovery.[3] The call was overturned upon review and ruled an incomplete pass, with the tuck rule cited. The Jets tied the game with a field goal. The only tuck rule people remember. The tuck rule resulted in a controversial finish to an AFC divisional playoff game on January 19, 2002, between the New England Patriots and the Oakland Raiders. You cant have your cake and eat it too quit your bitching

Comparing a game in week 2 against the Jets to a playoff game?!?

#16123 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Comparing a game in week 2 against the Jets to a playoff game?!?

WOW you are one hell of a sore loser if you don't think the rules apply to all
Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

#16124 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

WOW you are one hell of a sour loser if you don't think the rules apply to all[quoted image]

Never been a fan of anything sour. Some people like it, and that's fine. Just not for me.

What were we talking about again?

#16125 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I like how most Patriots fans are impervious to the fact that their team...actually…has...cheated. And several times, in multiple ways.

Fake news!

#16126 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Never been a fan of anything sour. Some people like it, and that's fine. Just not for me.
What were we talking about again?

We were talking about big brothers that over shadow the accomplishments of their entire families but still manage to get cut from Da Bears of all teams.

oh... you said you dont like anything sour... my bad

#16127 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We were talking about big brothers that over shadow the accomplishments of their entire families but still manage to get cut from Da Bears of all teams.
oh... you said you dont like anything sour... my bad

I missed something,is this an inside punch?

#16128 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The guy is a total stud, and frankly not sure if he can be stopped. That being said he's on borrowed time. At some point the punishment is going to take its toll. There is ZERO chance at longevity if he keeps running the ball.

#16129 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The guy is a total stud, and frankly not sure if he can be stopped. That being said he's on borrowed time. At some point the punishment is going to take its toll. There is ZERO chance at longevity if he keeps running the ball.

Yeah, he runs a bit too much, but he is pretty damn fast. Even Vick didn’t get drilled a ton until later in his career. Lamar has a pretty good arm too. A couple tight passes made last night.

#16130 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That being said he's on borrowed time. At some point the punishment is going to take its toll. There is ZERO chance at longevity if he keeps running the ball.

THat's what I said but the man is the 2nd coming, just amazing.
Perhaps the new rules will help him last longer and it won't be so much of a big deal?

#16131 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

THat's what I said but the man is the 2nd coming, just amazing.
Perhaps the new rules will help him last longer and it won't be so much of a big deal?

Kap was supposed to be unstoppable and we know how that all ended. The NFL adjusts and I expect it to adjust to Lamar as well. He does look awesome but let’s see a year or two of it before we crown him king.

#16132 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That’s one of the issues they were talking about with Vick in the interview. That the NFL was much different even when he was in his prime, and the rule changes now and protection of QB’s should help Lamar to last.

#16133 4 years ago

“Fake news” is the Mantra of the moron.

#16134 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yup. Looking like a Seahawks / Ravens SB.

#16135 4 years ago

Recent rule changes dont do much to help QBs that have transitioned to a runner. There's the slide, but otherwise they're just another ball carrier.

The way he moves, I dont know that he'll get hit that hard as a runner. Impressive to watch, the way he splits defenders is something we havent seen since vick.

#16136 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Kap was supposed to be unstoppable...

I never once thought that, and I don't know if anyone around me thought that.

Quoted from jorge5240:

The NFL adjusts...

Sure sure, agreed. But they kind of already adjusted to him last year, and he's adjusted to them so we'll see.

Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s one of the issues they were talking about with Vick...

Oh fucka Mike Vick. He's trying to cash in with this shit that "we are the same player." We'll see but Vick was never that great as a passer.
Of course it's all early...but we do know it only takes one year to get to the bowl and maybe win it...you can then slither off into suckatude like the last 2 guys.

#16137 4 years ago

Jackson is very talented, and putting up some incredible #s..he seems well spoken, and pretty hard not to cheer for the kid: unless your team is in the same division. I wouldn’t pencil in the Ravens in the SB quite yet, the Chiefs have beaten them already this year, even w a leaky D..you know that the Pats will be there..and that’s just to get by in the AFC..it’s way to early to speculate who’ll be in the finals this year..
*side note-if I was starting a franchise, I’d take Mahomes over Jackson...

#16138 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll see but Vick was never that great as a passer.

You kidding? Maybe his accuracy wasn’t stellar at times, but as a lefty too he could heave that fuckin pigskin down the field.

#16139 4 years ago

If anybody wants the blueprint of how to contain Jackson, look no further than last year's playoff loss. Sure he has probably improved, but he was pretty darn good near the end of last year too. I don't see any of the teams in the AFC still in contention stopping him the remainder of this year. But players do get injured and that can change things even with a minor injury.

#16140 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And I guess every owner gets hand jobs

TUG-GATE

#16141 4 years ago

Jackson looks fantastic but wtf happened to the rams?

#16142 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

wtf happened to the rams?

I'm starting to think the same thing as the Chargers. More fans in the home stadium rooting for other teams. That and Goff is slow. Must have took a good hit to the head at some point.

#16143 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

As a Seahawks fan, I was totally expecting us to be fighting it out with the Rams in the division, not SF, who have been playing great. The Rams are in a tough division and two of their losses have been within their division to the Niners and Seahawks.

#16144 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm starting to think the same thing as the Chargers. More fans in the home stadium rooting for other teams. That and Goff is slow. Must have took a good hit to the head at some point.

Goff's limitations have been exposed, but that defense is inexplicable. When you watch the clips some of those TDs are baffling. Hopefully just a bad showing and not something more nefarious like Loosiana voodoo.

amirite Pinball-is-great

#16145 4 years ago

Good one. Still laughing.

#16146 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You kidding? Maybe his accuracy wasn’t stellar at times, but as a lefty too he could heave that fuckin pigskin down the field.

Yes I'm talking aboot accuracy which is kind of a big deal for a QB.

#16147 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I'm talking aboot accuracy which is kind of a big deal for a QB.

Not the best Comp%, but overall completion, QB rating and Sim Career comparative stats per Pro Football Reference has him in pretty damn good company. But what do they know.

14F9C84F-1919-4DF4-94E4-95CD563C13B1 (resized).jpeg14F9C84F-1919-4DF4-94E4-95CD563C13B1 (resized).jpeg7B56A4D9-D9F2-40FE-9918-CBF327C53B06 (resized).png7B56A4D9-D9F2-40FE-9918-CBF327C53B06 (resized).png
#16149 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They have played probably the toughest schedule in the entire league and the refs are out to get them. The teams they play against often cheat more than they do. Look it up on that oft posted cheating website.

Other possible contributing factors

They gave Gurley and Goff way too much guaranteed money before they had too. Because of that, they couldn’t afford to re-sign or add key pieces on the offensive and defensive lines. Aaron Donald gets double teamed on every play and the rest of the line isn’t good enough to take advantage and get pressure on the QB. Injuries to offensive line didn’t help. Goff is slow and reads defenses slow so he is only accurate when he has time and protection, which he has none because for some reason management undervalues offensive tackles and overvalued qbs, running backs, and wide receivers. Goff always relied on play action pass to confuse defenses and keep them honest to buy time to throw. Noone falls for that anymore because the running game is no longer a threat.

Which comes to the most obvious problem, that Gurley’s arthritic knee is shot and degenerating more and more by the day. He can’t put weight on it and has lost all of his quickness and ability to change direction, and most of his breakaway speed as well. It’s a joke that they try to pretend that he is just fine and every week try to come up with a bs reason why he only carried the ball 8 times on 22 yards rushing.

Rams are 6-5 same as the Cowboys. Two games better than the shitty Chargers. And the coliseum had more Rams fans Monday than Chargers get fans in a whole season. There was only a small section of Baltimore fans. Rams probably have to win out to make playoffs which isn’t likely. Cancelled my Seahawks tickets. Probably won’t see me posting as much in this thread, like the years before the Rams got good I don’t think I even posted once. Gonna concentrate on the Lakers now.

#16150 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Probably won’t see me posting as much in this thread, like the years before the Rams got good I don’t think I even posted once. Gonna concentrate on the Lakers now.

A lot of fans of garbage teams transmit their hatred towards trolling Pats fans. Kindof pathetic but it allows you to still care about the season...think about it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.