spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 1,513.
#15901 4 years ago

Cowboys fan here no need to ask me.

#15902 4 years ago

This field looks trashed. Superintendents are the unsung heroes of the NFL.

#15903 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This field looks trashed. Superintendents are the unsung heroes of the NFL.

Last year they moved the game to the LA coliseum because the field condition was too poor to play on. They had a whole year to figure it out and they still can’t get the grass right. They need to fire the groundskeeper at Azteca stadium.

#15904 4 years ago

Rivers looked like Trubisky in that game.

#15905 4 years ago

Chiefs beat the Chargers in Mexico City 24 to 17 on MNF.
I feel bad for Rivers. Didn't quite get it done tonight.
Chargers really needed to win this game. Now at 4 and 7.
At the beginning of the season I was confident the Chargers would at least get a wildcard spot in the play-offs.
Even if they win the remaining 5 games, I doubt that 9 and 7 gets them a wildcard spot or wins them the AFC West.
Possible, but doubtful. Currently the Chargers are 0 and 3 in AFC West div games.
So they need to win the upcoming 3 div games, and beat the Jags and the Vikings.

Chiefs have a bye week coming up, can get healed up, and work on game plan to beat the Raiders on Dec 1st at home in K.C.
Chiefs have 3 home games in Dec, and 2 away games at New England and at Chicago.

I kinda feel like this trying to figure out if the Chargers can still make the play-offs this year.
Figuring-out-how-the-Packers-can-make-the-playoffs (resized).jpgFiguring-out-how-the-Packers-can-make-the-playoffs (resized).jpg

#15906 4 years ago

Miami waived RB Mark Walton, didn't really elaborate other than said it was a police matter. He got let go in Cincy because he got busted for pot and I think a firearm and the team parted ways with him. I hope this isn't just over pot, the NFL needs to wake up and stop suspending players for it. I'm sure another article will be up shortly with the full story.

#15907 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Miami waived RB Mark Walton, didn't really elaborate other than said it was a police matter. He got let go in Cincy because he got busted for pot and I think a firearm and the team parted ways with him. I hope this isn't just over pot, the NFL needs to wake up and stop suspending players for it. I'm sure another article will be up shortly with the full story.

He hit a pregnant woman.

#15908 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

He hit a pregnant woman.

Yeah I just read a new article that said he hit her 3 times.....WTF is wrong with these guys????????? He should get the max (whatever that might be) for it if he's found guilty. Forget the NFL, there's no room in society for people like that!

#15909 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I just read a new article that said he hit her 3 times.....WTF is wrong with these guys?????????

They have CTE. Even the young ones.

#15910 4 years ago

Yeah but did he hit in in the baby gut or just like the arm?

Asking for another NFL team.

#15911 4 years ago

Sports illustrated says he pushed her against a wall and punched her in the face several times. She was carrying his child. He got arrested 3 times in the off season before this occurred, all involved firearms.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You could very well be correct, it has happened a lot over the last five years all over the league.

#15912 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sports illustrated says he pushed her against a wall and punched her in the face several times. She was carrying his child. He got arrested 3 times in the off season before this occurred, all involved firearms.

You could very well be correct, it has happened a lot over the last five years all over the league.

Aaron Hernandez' brain was like that of an 80-year old. Clearly it affects some players more than others, and some at younger ages than others, but it's tough to discount when the "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!" question keeps coming up. Brain damage in the frontal lobe greatly affects decision making/judgment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/aaron-hernandez-suffered-from-most-severe-cte-ever-found-in-a-person-his-age/2017/11/09/fa7cd204-c57b-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

#15913 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not a fucking excuse!!

#15914 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not a fucking excuse!!

No, it's a fucking reason!!

#15915 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, it's a fucking reason!!

As long as it's not a reason to be excused!

#15916 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

As long as it's not a reason to be excused!

It's a fucking reason and a fucking possible explanation to the fucking question "WHAT WAS HE FUCKING THINKING!?"

#15917 4 years ago

OK ok....everyone relax. I know we've all been fucking worked up to a high lather from that goddamn Hot Tub thread...let's try to stay classy in this thread though.

#15921 4 years ago

Another Miami starting player down the road. Same as it ever was.

As far as Rivers, either his skills are rapidly demishing, which I doubt, or it is his new play caller or he is running out of patience.

Not sure who is calling the plays, but all these long bombs at the end of games when only needing one score, is not the way he is used to doing it. Two weeks in a row now, and that is not working.

#15922 4 years ago

Have you considered they just may be trying to push him to retire rather than just release or trade him. He's been in the league a long while so they might be looking for the long-term future instead of the near future. Just a thought, I don't know shit about the Chargers org..

#15923 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As far as Rivers, either his skills are rapidly demishing,...

He's just old; He's the only one of the 3 that is starting this year!
He has like 5 games left? 225 yards per game would put him at his yardage average it should just be his TDs that are down.
Surprised he made it this long with that damn motion of his.

#15924 4 years ago

He's an iron man, that's for sure. Never missed a game? I just never saw anything go so bad so fast as since they brought in a new play caller. I mean I sit and watch and say, why did they call that play?

#15925 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just never saw anything go so bad so fast as since they brought in a new play caller.

Oh shit I totally forgot they fired Wizenhunt and got a new one....ouch yeah that's bad.

#15926 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh shit I totally forgot they fired Wizenhunt and got a new one....ouch yeah that's bad.

Exactly. Rivers looks strong, healthy and sharp. I get a feeling he is beyond frustrated with what the new guy is coming up with and is just forcing it in there. Two weeks in a row it was like the worst game plan ever near the end, and still with that the score is close.

#15927 4 years ago

Yeah I watched the end yesterday and it WAS bad, real bad.

#15928 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I watched the end yesterday and it WAS bad, real bad.

They had like three or four drives near the end with the worst play calling ever. Exactly like the Raiders loss a week ago. The season is over for them. Hopefully they can get an offensive coordinater worth a shit and regroup for next year.

#15929 4 years ago

Phyllis three for what..just under 300 yards last night? A few bad throws that led to interceptions..it’s their discipline/penalties that are hurting that team..doesn’t help that my chiefs are consistently beating them and all afc west teams for the last 4-5 years..unbelievable that they can lose so many games by a td...

#15930 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

doesn’t help that my chiefs are consistently beating them and all afc west teams for the last 4-5 years..

How quickly you forget that game in KC last year were the Bolts took the win with a 2 pt. conversion instead of settling for a tie near the end of the season. Even with 4 picks by Rivers, it was super close to more of the same last night.

I will give KC this, instead of starting out real hot and petering out at the end of the year like they usually do, at least they finally won a playoff game.

I think the Raiders have a better chance to win the division this year.

#15931 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How quickly you forget that game in KC last year were the Bolts took the win with a 2 pt. conversion instead of settling for a tie near the end of the season. Even with 4 picks by Rivers, it was super close to more of the same last night.
I will give KC this, instead of starting out real hot and petering out at the end of the year like they usually do, at least they finally won a playoff game.

Oh I haven’t forgot..or the 54-51 mnf game vs the rams..or the afc playoff OT loss vs the cheatriots..

#15932 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Oh I haven’t forgot..or the 54-51 mnf game vs the rams..or the afc playoff OT loss vs the cheatriots..

It's tough to be a fan when there is only one winner and thirtyone losers when it is all said and done.

But we all keep trudging along...

#15933 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's tough to be a fan when there is only one winner and thirtyone losers when it is all said and done.

True that Odin..it sucks when I have 2 pretty good teams close to championships, but quite can’t get there (chiefs n dodgers) I have to go back to the ‘10 winter olympics here in Vancouver, when the Canadians beat the Americans in OT...sorry..back to football..

#15934 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your tears make Brady stronger. Thank you.

#15935 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Your tears make Brady stronger. Thank you.

I was going to give an ode to Brady and all his minions, but didn't feel it needed to be said.

That Ravens team is looking pretty good, don't you think?

#15936 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a fucking reason and a fucking possible explanation to the fucking question "WHAT WAS HE FUCKING THINKING!?"

Blaming CTE for shitty behavior? Sure, it’s a semi-plausible reason and probably applicable at times, but the exclusive answer why? I hope you’re joking.

What else makes NFL players do stupid shit? Having boatloads of money, choosing to own a shit ton of guns, hanging around gang bangers and thinking you can get away with whatever the hell you want to.

The examples are endless. Vick with a dogfighting ring? AB? Dante Stallworth running over (murdering) someone while DUI? Ray Rice? McCoy beating up a cop in the middle of a club? 15% of all players at some point either beating women, gun charges, excessive coke use, caught with weed, abusing kids, fights, violent crimes...all CTE-induced?

#15937 4 years ago
C0904844-0136-4A4D-A139-EA17BE01E9DF (resized).jpegC0904844-0136-4A4D-A139-EA17BE01E9DF (resized).jpeg
#15938 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Blaming CTE for shitty behavior? Sure, it’s a semi-plausible reason and probably applicable at times, but the exclusive answer why? I hope you’re joking.

Look out everyone....phili fanatic is back and he's all gussied up with strawmen!

#15939 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look out everyone....phili fanatic is back and he's all gussied up with strawmen!

Well it was either that or comment on a pinball machine vs. a hot tub. That didn’t seem as enticing.

#15940 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

From where I'm sitting, the Ravens and 49rs have a better chance than that.

#15941 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

True that Odin..it sucks when I have 2 pretty good teams close to championships, but quite can’t get there (chiefs n dodgers) I have to go back to the ‘10 winter olympics here in Vancouver, when the Canadians beat the Americans in OT...sorry..back to football..

Well, since you’re from Canada you can just jump on a champions bandwagon. Born and raised in LA I’m stuck with the Rams and Dodgers being so close and apparently they were both cheated out of championships by unscrupulous teams.

#15942 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was going to give an ode to Brady and all his minions, but didn't feel it needed to be said.
That Ravens team is looking pretty good, don't you think?

Ravens are easily the best team in the AFC right now and they have the only coach who doesn't puke all over himself when they play against Belichick.

#15943 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, since you’re from Canada you can just jump on a champions bandwagon. Born and raised in LA I’m stuck with the Rams and Dodgers being so close and apparently they were both cheated out of championships by unscrupulous teams.

I’ve been a dodgers fan since I was a kid..I go back to the early ‘80’s..most of my familia live in the Los Angeles area..as for the chiefs, early 90’s..no band wagon jumping here..

#15944 4 years ago

Being from So Cal, the only Super Bowl champ I can remember in the area is a team from Oakland that paid us a visit for a few years, and will be residing in Las Vegas next year.

And between the two major league baseball teams that started here and never left we have one World Series victory.

We live in the land of there is always next year.

#15945 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Being from So Cal, the only Super Bowl champ I can remember from the area is a team from Oakland that paid us a visit for a few years, and will be residing in Las Vegas next year.
And between the two baseball teams that started here and never left we have one World Series victory.
We live in the land of there is always next year.

Cry me a river....try being a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates fan. I went through 20 consecutive losing seasons.

#15946 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I went through 20 consecutive losing seasons.

That one Angels championship almost makes up for a lifetime of sports rooting futility.

#15947 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pittsburgh Pirates

That is true today for Pitt. and Cincy. Your team like the Reds had there greatest seasons in the 70's. Small markets are what hurt both teams.

#15948 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That is true today for Pitt. and Cincy. Your team like the Reds had there greatest seasons in the 70's. Small markets are what hurt both teams.

I though in Pitt's case the problem was ownership doesn't really give a shit. They make enough monies each year to stay in business and have some firework nights and then sell off the good players.
At least that's what the cabbies tell me.

#15949 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I though in Pitt's case the problem was ownership doesn't really give a shit. They make enough monies each year to stay in business and have some firework nights and then sell off the good players.
At least that's what the cabbies tell me.

Could be true, it's no different than football, all about the money.

#15950 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Could be true, it's no different than football, all about the money.

All the money in the world and bringing in the best players they could find couldn't buy the Angels another World Series appearance since those cheapskates Disney sold them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/319 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.