pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 1,514.
#15801 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Like I said before, Kareem Hunt got eight games for assaulting a woman...on video.
By giving Garrett anything more than that, the NFL would essentially be saying they care more about player safety than that of regular citizens like you and I. Would be a terrible look for them.

Couldn't disagree more....its a terrible look for them if they don't drop the hammer on the guy...I don't think the guy should be kicked out of the league, but 10 more games next year is my prediction....one actually happened on the field, and one did not. Clearly the guy has emotional and anger issues that need to be addressed.

#15802 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Couldn't disagree more....its a terrible look for them if they don't drop the hammer on the guy...I don't think the guy should be kicked out of the league, but 10 more games next year is my prediction....one actually happened on the field, and one did not. Clearly the guy has emotional and anger issues that need to be addressed.

I agree and there is a fine line where NFL wants to have people talk about the games and situations but also this can be a family type program and they don't want to turn people off completely from watching. This is one time bad event but NFL doesn't want any more acts like this from Garrett or anyone else so maybe if Garrett gets a one year suspension other players will think twice before acting.

#15803 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think they DID drop the hammer. Like the Browns or not, they are/were still very alive with that win on Thursday. Making Garrett watch from afar while his team now (likey) struggles sends a very clear message to HIM and the fans that that behavior will not be tolerated. If they miss the playoffs, many will point at Garrett and his despicable act as a major reason why.

He's 23 years old. He made a mistake and it's the first major red flag in his file. Remember, this is the same guy who recently had a fan punch him in the face while he sat in his car...and he did nothing to retaliate.

The NFL will reinstate him for week one in 2020 and the Browns will continue to get better as a team. Sorry if the Browns threaten you in some way, but you need to get used to them being around for a while.

#15804 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I think they DID drop the hammer. Like the Browns or not, they are/were still very alive with that win on Thursday. Making Garrett watch from afar while his team now (likey) struggles sends a very clear message to HIM and the fans that that behavior will not be tolerated. If they miss the playoffs, many will point at Garrett and his despicable act as a major reason why.
He's 23 years old. He made a mistake and it's the first major red flag in his file. Remember, this is the same guy who recently had a fan punch him in the face while he sat in his car...and he did nothing to retaliate.
The NFL will reinstate him for week one in 2020 and the Browns will continue to get better as a team. Sorry if the Browns threaten you in some way, but you need to get used to them being around for a while.

I think we are all pretty used to the browns being well under .500 at thanksgiving. This isn’t exactly something we need any getting used to.

#15805 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

To be honest I don't think the Browns threaten anyone...I'm a Niner fan, and was at the Monday night game where the Browns basically got destroyed. I do agree that he's young and he made a terrible mistake. He's a great player and hopefully this terrible act won't define him, but I would be shocked if he didn't get an entire year. His terrible act shined a really bad light on the NFL. By the way the Browns will never be a good team unless they get rid of their coach, and get a QB

#15806 4 years ago

The discipline was fair and should be an effective deterrent for others as far as behavior like That.

#15807 4 years ago

If there is a god up in heaven, please make this come to pass.

I’ll never blaspheme again and I will spread your word near and far until my dying day.

3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
#15808 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never happen. Bengals have a 3rd string QB that's as good as Kap had ever been on the roster now.

#15809 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Never happen. Bengals have a 3rd string QB that's as good as Kap had ever been on the roster now.

No team is going to hire Kapperdick, this is all a big dog and pony show. Also why is he getting special treatment for anyways? Oh yeah I know why, nevernind.

#15810 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll never blaspheme again and I will spread your word near and far until my dying day.[quoted image]

The reaction in this thread would be priceless! I’m in.

#15811 4 years ago

He simply has nothing to offer a team....he's mediocre at best and even that may be more praise than his talents warrant.

#15812 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He simply has nothing to offer a team....he's mediocre at best and even that may be more praise than his talents warrant.

He had one good year and hes been out of the league for three years now. No way could he come back and be effective, and plus the guy is a f*cking douche bag anyways. Nobody wants that piece of sh*t as a teammate.

#15813 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He had one good year

He took over after an injury that year and it was the reasonable year he's had. There's no incentive for either a losing team or winning team to pick him up. I mean if you have no shot at the playoffs, wildcard or otherwise, you're not likely pick him up, for what? He's certainly not a QB any team would be looking to the future with...….and the teams that are winning stand a better chance with their current backup.

#15814 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He took over after an injury that year and it was the reasonable year he's had. There's no incentive for either a losing team or winning team to pick him up. I mean if you have no shot at the playoffs, wildcard or otherwise, you're not likely pick him up, for what? He's certainly not a QB any team would be looking to the future with...….and the teams that are winning stand a better chance with their current backup.

And the drama that he brings isn't worth it for any team. Screw that guy.

#15815 4 years ago

O-H-I-O in full effect!

This place is looking more and more like r/The_Donald every day!

#15816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

What happened before he lost his mind should have been a penalty. Then he lost his mind. First suspension. Just let it be for the rest of the season and move on.

Nope, I don’t care if it’s a first suspension. He took the guys helmet and hit him in the head with it. Could have easily fractured his skull doing that. 2 years minimum suspension in my book.

And I’m not some daisy flower saying that. Football is a rough sport. People get serious injuries all the time. It’s a vicious game, and should remain fairly vicious. But clubbing a guy in the unprotected skull with an object... no. I draw the line right there. I don’t care how you got to that point, 2 years. I’d be inclined to give him less time if he had jumped down and broke his leg. But it was his head.

#15817 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nope, I don’t care if it’s a first suspension. He took the guys helmet and hit him in the head with it. Could have easily fractured his skull doing that. 2 years minimum suspension in my book.
And I’m not some daisy flower saying that. Football is a rough sport. People get serious injuries all the time. It’s a vicious game, and should remain fairly vicious. But clubbing a guy in the unprotected skull with an object... no. I draw the line right there. I don’t care how you got to that point, 2 years. I’d be inclined to give him less time if he had jumped down and broke his leg. But it was his head.

Holy crap! We're up to TWO YEARS!

Thank God you people don't work for the NFL. Give this story another week and you'll be asking for his public execution!

#15818 4 years ago

I’m surprised that Rudolph appeared fine after being hit..could of easily got a concussion or worse..imagine what kind of consequences Garret n the nfl would of had if that happened.

#15819 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m surprised that Rudolph appeared fine after being hit..could of easily got a concussion or worse..imagine what kind of consequences Garret n the nfl would of had if that happened.

Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda

Let's deal with the facts here, not hypotheticals.

#15820 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:Sorry if the Browns threaten you in some way, but you need to get used to them being around for a while.
Quoted from dirtbag66:

#15821 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Truth (resized).jpgTruth (resized).jpg
#15822 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda

That’s funny shit there, what are you..a wanna be detective?

#15823 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda

Yeah lets just keep letting guys hit each other over their heads with helmets until someone gets killed, then we will worry about it. Until then though it's not a big deal.

#15825 4 years ago

Funny considering the anti-kap brigade is always complaining about “process.”

#15826 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Funny considering the anti-kap brigade is always complaining about “process.”

Actually, the "anti-kap" brigade never talks about "process". They talk about how much he sucked just before he started pulling all this shit.

#15827 4 years ago

This guy is total trash. If even one person went to his new workout location they need their ass kicked.

#15828 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If even one person went to his new workout location they need their ass kicked.

Seriously, do you have special needs?

I'm being as sincere as possible.

#15829 4 years ago

Did you hear his after workout speech?? Wow this dude is so arrogant and self absorbed...

#15830 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda

I realize that as a Browns fan you've been in a state of depression the last 50 years, but clearly you love ignoring the facts. The guy ripped off another players helmet and hit him in the head with it....do you really think guys like this beyond in the NFL? clearly the guy has a screw loose

#15831 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Did you hear his after workout speech?? Wow this dude is so arrogant and self absorbed...

All his speech did was dig a bigger hole for himself....although he's clearly better than most backup QB's in the NFL nobody wants to listen to his rhetoric anymore....

#15832 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

clearly better than most backup QB's in the NFL

Going to be hard to make that assessment based on someone throwing a football for 40 minutes uncontested as the basis for talent. I'm sure there are a few thousand Tom Brady's tossing in the backyard too.

#15833 4 years ago

Was at MetLife stadium today not for the NFL but for CORTACA a rivalry between D3 college schools 61 years on the making. Ithaca vs SUNY Cortland. Ithaca got the W this year but man the crowd was the biggest D3 attendance record ever with 45,161. AWESOME.
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpegCB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpegA5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpegA5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg

#15834 4 years ago

That's an unbelievable crowd for a High School game.

#15835 4 years ago

who gets signed first AB or Kap?

#15836 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AB

#15837 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That's an unbelievable crowd for a High School game.

D3 college.

#15839 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Preferably neither but probably AB. Neither one of them deserve to play in the NFL.

#15840 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Going to be hard to make that assessment based on someone throwing a football for 40 minutes uncontested as the basis for talent.

Its actually exactly the way they do it in the NFL.

#15841 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Going to be hard to make that assessment based on someone throwing a football for 40 minutes uncontested as the basis for talent. I'm sure there are a few thousand Tom Brady's tossing in the backyard too.

Isn’t that how most backups off the street get jobs?

They get a call in November, show up with 5 other guys, run drills uncontested, and one of them gets brought in for 1 game or the rest of the season.

Happens dozens of times a year at every position.

#15842 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lol.

BINGO

#15843 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll never blaspheme again and I will spread your word near and far until my dying day.[quoted image]

You’re just a troublemaker, aren’t you. Blowing that dog whistle and waiting for the usual suspects to start barking.

#15844 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Shows how little you two actually know about the game. I have been to several workouts at PB stadium and "no it is not "how" or "exactly" how an Actual NFL workout is done; it is far more involved then the dog and pony show conducted here.

#15845 4 years ago

No man my bad didn’t mention it in the original post. Lol

#15846 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's break this sentence down, shall we?

"dozens of times" = minimum 24
"every position": so, long snapper? Fullback?

And according to you, this happens every year?

#15847 4 years ago

This Ravens / Texans game should be fun.

#15848 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They get a call in November, show up with 5 other guys, run drills uncontested, and one of them gets brought in for 1 game or the rest of the season.

Please list just a few examples of players who were called in november to prove you're not just talking out of your ass again.

#15849 4 years ago

Sorry levi..i didn't have any coffee in me yet there.. and i agree them cowboys aren't quite a superbowl team, yet.. but damn they got some good pieces to the puzzle. That offensive line is awesome! Can't believe how much time Dak gets on passing downs. Not sure about Dak either! He don't lose games and he don't scare me like Romo used to! But is he worth $40m like he's asking?! I dunno!

#15850 4 years ago

Damn I thought the Ravens vs Texans was going to be interesting but Baltimore is just dominating on both sides of the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/317 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.