5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 1,515.
#15701 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It's hard to tell if it's sports or corporate politics related as the NFL is still launching multiple attempts at gaining back credibility.

Pure political play. Since when does the NFL hold workouts for a player? Exactly.

#15702 4 years ago

After watching Phillip Rivers last weekend, I'm kinda hoping they will give Ryan Leaf another chance.

#15703 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm kinda hoping they will give Ryan Leaf another chance.

He should be easy to find, probably playing for the state somewhere. (state pen)

#15704 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

He should be easy to find, probably playing for the state somewhere. (state pen)

Leaf was actually announcing college ball the last I recall.

#15705 4 years ago

Leaf got a tough break that one day in the locker room. Never underestimate the power of the media. I like that Dallas gave him a chance and in one game I watched he looked pretty good. But the damage was done and his career was over long before that.

#15706 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Leaf was actually announcing college ball the last I recall.

Maybe I was thinking about another QB. Who was it that ended up a bust and then was arrested for breaking into vacation homes looking for drugs?

#15707 4 years ago

Maybe I was thinking about another QB. Who was it that ended up a bust and then was arrested for breaking into vacation homes looking for drugs?

Johnny football?! Jawalrus Russell?! Man, there been a lot of great college qbs, but once they make the big time...kinda sad really when they lose themselves n turn to drugs/alcohol...

#15708 4 years ago

The story I seen was about Ryan Leaf. Here is what I found:

In 2014, Leaf was sentenced to five years in prison for breaking into a home in Montana to steal prescription drugs, which violated his Texas probation. He was released from prison on December 3, 2014.[1]

#15709 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Johnny football?!

Johnny fn Football. How the mighty superstars of the future have fallen. lol.

#15710 4 years ago

My guess is Kaepernick will get a chance somewhere and I'm curious to see how he does. But he has been out of the league a long time. Hard to imagine it not taking quite awhile for timing and skills to be at reasonable levels.

#15711 4 years ago

It will be tough to pull off another Randall Cunningham, who looked his best ever coming back and playing for the Vikings.

#15712 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

My guess is Kaepernick will get a chance somewhere

Am I wrong or do I remember him wanting more money than SF was willing to give him so he chose to be released to sign with another team and no one wanted him at the time for the money he wanted?

If I remember correctly, he would have always had a job anyway at SF, had he not wanted more money than they wanted to pay.

#15713 4 years ago

The story I seen was about Ryan Leaf. Here is what I found:
In 2014, Leaf was sentenced to five years in prison for breaking into a home in Montana to steal prescription drugs, which violated his Texas probation. He was released from prison on December 3, 2014.[1]

Yeah, that rings a bell, too. But I think he turned himself around... at least to the point of appearing to be humble and relatively well put together well enough to be portrayed in that way. Maybe he announced his brother's game or something? It may have been a stunt for some ratings... but I thought I remember him doing it more than once. I don't recall.. I've had a lot of beer since then.

#15714 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

But I think he turned himself around... at least to the point of appearing to be humble and relatively well put together well enough to be portrayed in that way.

You might say he turned over a new leaf and then got hired by ESPN as a college football analyst.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#15715 4 years ago

Am I wrong or do I remember him wanting more money than SF was willing to give him so he chose to be released to sign with another team and no one wanted him at the time for the money he wanted?
If I remember correctly, he would have always had a job anyway at SF, had he not wanted more money than they wanted to pay.

No that’s not what happened. He opted out of his contract because he knew the 49ers were firing him.

#15716 4 years ago

Kap will not sign with any team, fallout would be to great!

#15717 4 years ago

There is only 32 teams and i doubt if anyone will pick up Kap as a qb. His last few seasons were horrible and I've felt it's his inability on the field that's kept him off of it. This NFL workout is probably just part of his settlement. But why would any team risk losing thousands of fans for a back up qb that really isn't that good anymore?! Maybe he will play in the new Vince McMahon league but that's about it.

#15718 4 years ago

Nope you were correct.

2FD85805-1AFE-4044-AA9A-5CE98277174C (resized).jpeg2FD85805-1AFE-4044-AA9A-5CE98277174C (resized).jpeg
#15719 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There is only 32 teams and i doubt if anyone will pick up Kap as a qb. His last few seasons were horrible and I've felt it's his inability on the field that's kept him off of it. This NFL workout is probably just part of his settlement. But why would any team risk losing thousands of fans for a back up qb that really isn't that good anymore?! Maybe he will play in the new Vince McMahon league but that's about it.

He should play in the Canadian league....talent level is more in line

#15720 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Kap will not sign with any team, fallout would be to great!

Only in Ohio.

And Florida.

#15721 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only in Ohio.
And Florida.

Your great city mayor may have something to say about that, what a Fu#!ing joke.

#15722 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Your great city mayor may have something to say about that, what a Fu#!ing joke.

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. Is he the NFL commissioner now? Or did he become Ohio’s governor when I was asleep?

#15723 4 years ago

Of coarse you don't...……….

#15724 4 years ago

Lol @ coarse

Also why do you give a shit what our dumb mayor does? It boggles the mind.

I couldn’t care less what the mayor of wherever you live does.

#15725 4 years ago
Laughing (resized).jpgLaughing (resized).jpg
#15726 4 years ago

On the other side of the obvious "just a PR" stunt, there is some rumors that teams might actually be interested in him and they are doing this to avoid a media circus around a specific team. Whom the hell knows of course but that would be interesting.

EDIT: I had to look up the NYC mayor, don't know'em like I used to.

#15727 4 years ago

I decided to look up current point spreads for upcoming NFL games instead of looking up who the NY City mayor is.

Steelers at Cleveland tonight. Browns favored by 2-1/2 to 3 points. Go Browns!

Jets at Wash on Sun afternoon. Redskins favored by 1-1/5 to 2-1/2 points. The o/u is only 38 to 38-1/2 points.
PS: I don't really care who wins.

Cowgirls at Detroit Sun afternoon. Cowboys favored by 3 to 5 points. Would be quite entertaining if Lions were to win.

Patriots favored by 3-1/2 points at Philly. This is an example of one of the few times I ever root for the Eagles to win.
Hey, maybe they will end in a tie.

Bears at LA Sun night. Rams favored by 6-1/2 points. Rams will win this game. If Rams lose, they will be in total despair.

Chiefs at LA Mon night. Chiefs are favored by 3-1/2 points over the Chargers.
An absolute must win for the Chargers to keep any hopes alive of making the play-offs.

#15728 4 years ago

3-5 points over Lions and Stafford probably wont play? Ouch.

#15729 4 years ago

Does Kap trying out mean he has to forfeit the 10 million dollars received in his settlement?

#15730 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Chiefs at LA Mon night. Chiefs are favored by 3-1/2 points over the Chargers.
An absolute must win for the Chargers to keep any hopes alive of making the play-offs.

Although this should be an exciting game, if Rivers keeps throwing the ball up for grabs like he did several times last week, I'm going to think his career is nearing an end. Too many times so close, but yet so far.

I'm really interested to see if the Dolphins can pull off a third straight win against the Bills. It wasn't that long ago they were favored to get the first pick in the draft, but it seems they are thinking otherwise. This should be a good game.

#15731 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wasn't that long ago they were favored to get the first pick in the draft,

Unfortunately Mike Brown is not going to let that happen...…..

#15732 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does Kap trying out mean he has to forfeit the 10 million dollars received in his settlement?

Who knows what the terms of the settlement were, but I doubt it. Current speculation in sports media is this is the NFL trying to kill off continued Kap coverage -- offer him an out of the blue workout, and either some team hires him as a backup (problem solved) or they can say they gave him a fair shot and he just doesn't have the goods anymore (problem solved). NFL could have handled it more smoothly -- crazy short notice and they picked the wrong day of the week for coaches to attend a workout, so people will still complain if he doesn't get hired on somewhere -- but it's actually a reasonably smart PR move on their part.

#15733 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He should play in the Canadian league....talent level is more in line

I agree Maybe it will help Kaep.. maybe just bury him! Johnny Manziel tried and he couldn't cut it! He came to show NFL gm's that he was a high caliber qb... fail! talent level in the CFL has definitely improved and it's not a joke league anymore..just don't pay the player's good $$

#15734 4 years ago

Stats are always fun. Which of these is the QB that wasn't good enough to stay in the league in 2016? Bonus points if you can get them all matched up without cheating.

Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Kaep, Keenum, Mariota, Tannehill, and Winston.

Which QB? (resized).pngWhich QB? (resized).png
#15735 4 years ago

All? Wow I could maybe get 1. #6 is bortles? 8 think that was his 1 good 4k year.

#15736 4 years ago

I couldnt guess any of the others but I know #7 all too well

#15737 4 years ago

Id like to see a return of those old 'you make the call' commercials in lieu of obnoxious mobile carriers or chanting tailgate cultists.

#15738 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Id like to see a return of those old 'you make the call' commercials in lieu of obnoxious mobile carriers or chanting tailgate cultists.

I loved those. IBM presents....you make the call!

#15739 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All? Wow I could maybe get 1. #6 is bortles? 8 think that was his 1 good 4k year.

Not Bortles.

Quoted from Erik:

I couldnt guess any of the others but I know #7 all too well

<Checks Location, TN it is> Yep,#7 on the sheet but #1 in your hearts.

#15740 4 years ago

Umm.... Well that was an ending huh?
Some crazy shit

#15741 4 years ago

Miles garret just wow.

What an idiot.

#15742 4 years ago

That was crazy. He could be facing an assault charge after that.. just wild.

#15743 4 years ago

That's gotta be rest of the season ban.
Might escape it because it's a nobody qb, but that nobody got one of the worst concussions seen just a few weeks ago.

#15744 4 years ago

Payback in 2 weeks. Count on it.

#15745 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's gotta be rest of the season ban.
Might escape it because it's a nobody qb, but that nobody got one of the worst concussions seen just a few weeks ago.

Rest of the season seems right to me.

Wonder what QB said to him to get him so pissed?

#15746 4 years ago

Rest of the season? That should be a lifetime ban...

#15747 4 years ago

He's going to get suspension for the rest of this season (6) games, and perhaps two or three next season plus one hell of a fine.

#15748 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol @ coarse
Also why do you give a shit what our dumb mayor does? It boggles the mind.
I couldn’t care less what the mayor of wherever you live does.

Do you think his mothers basement has it’s own mayor?

#15749 4 years ago

As a Browns fan I am embarrassed by what happened last night. Absolutely no place for that on the field.

That being said, he will most likely get an eight game suspension and have it reduced to six. Sit out the rest of the regular season, take the off-season to think about it some more, then start 2020 fresh. It will be the first major knock on his file with the league.

Garrett isn't a dirty player (see: Burfict and James Harrison). He's 23 years old, made a huge mistake, and will learn from it. No chance he gets banished from the league. Kareem Hunt kicked a woman in the head and has been given a second chance.

Just hope the Browns resist the knee jerk reaction and don't cut him.

#15750 4 years ago

Ugly incident last night w Garrett..about as ugly/nasty as watching the Redskins or Bengals this year..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/315?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.