pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 1,507.
#15651 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So your grandmother is a wagon? Btw, YOU picked the cowboys to win the east less than two months ago. Also could go back to see what u said about amari cooper when the cowboys traded for him. Turns out you haven't known jacksh!t about nothing for quite some time! But still run them warrior fingers every nite. Last week the Redskins weren't even trying and this week you admit they suck. Your opinion is as solid as a soup sandwich.

I’m starting to wonder if you legit don’t know how to read.

Yes I picked the cowboys. That’s like saying they are the shiniest piece of corn in the turd that is the nfc east.

And I never said the redskins aren’t trying. I said they ARE which is even more pathetic.

I think you and I should just communicate in grunts from now on, Rather than the written word, may be easier for both of us. Especially you.

You got me on Cooper. That’s turned out to be a good trade, at least until it’s time to pay him. They are going to have a salary cap crunch very soon. Cowboys are obviously all-in and it’s forte. TheM 5-4 at this point which probably isn’t what they were aiming for. They are gonna start losing players to the cap awfully soon.

#15652 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I picked the cowboys.

So YOU are the one to blame for jinxing them!

Of course, we could have used some help from the black cat...

Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
#15653 4 years ago
12169EB7-7FCA-4700-A3B5-1E475E3FEF1E (resized).jpeg12169EB7-7FCA-4700-A3B5-1E475E3FEF1E (resized).jpeg
#15654 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see if the Bengals can stay committed in their quest to land Burrow. Perfection is what it will require imo. Several fellow tank compatriots remaining on the schedule.

#15655 4 years ago

Tanking teams want to get the good draft picks, but they don't want to go down as one of the worst teams in NFL history. If u win 2 games, then you are still bottom feeding losers, but u r not historic worst of the worst.

#15656 4 years ago

Heck of a game on MNF. Both teams really trying hard. Feel like a playoff game.

#15657 4 years ago

Two forced fumbles on the same play. Dont see that very often.

#15658 4 years ago

These announcers are so bad .... ESPN must be on a major budget cuts...

#15659 4 years ago

Friggin McLaughlin comes off the street and is clutch with a kick at the end to force OT. Tons of D and turnovers. This game is a damn battle.

#15660 4 years ago

Niners defense has looked great. Jimmy G looked pretty bad for a lot of the game, particularly the drive before OT... No idea how they managed to move the ball to FG range with his play.

#15661 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15662 4 years ago

You saw him pushing that one a mile away. Big pressure moment.

#15663 4 years ago

Great game. But you know what...

Let's talk about the announcers some more, right?

#15664 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Let's talk about the announcers some more, right?

Better than Collinsworth. At least now we know that Garoppolo sucks under “final drive” pressure.

#15665 4 years ago

This game reminds me of something...

D4AD1E58-4417-45D6-8D77-6BE7142A8BD3 (resized).jpegD4AD1E58-4417-45D6-8D77-6BE7142A8BD3 (resized).jpeg
#15666 4 years ago

The 72 Dolphins get to celebrate earlier this time around. Probably a good thing, they have to be getting up there in age now.

#15667 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This game reminds me of something...[quoted image]

More football is a good thing in my opinion. Believe me, in March, we will be wishing it was back.

#15668 4 years ago

It’s going to be hard for any game to top that this season!

#15669 4 years ago

I wonder if Saints let Falcons win because they dont want Atlanta to get LSUs QB Joe B in next yrs upcoming draft. ??

#15670 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It’s going to be hard for any game to top that this season!

Best MNF game this year!

#15671 4 years ago

Damn sounds like I missed a good game.

#15672 4 years ago

Crazy game indeed, I think I must have had a few micro heart attacks with all the crazy twists and turns, fumbles and interceptions. It was a test of determination and grit, and in the end the Hawks won. Go Hawks!

#15673 4 years ago

Wait, why are you guys talking about football? The announcers! Let's perseverate on them!!!

#15674 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Best MNF game this year!

Great game....Niners offense gave them too many turnovers in their own red zone...can't win that way....if u can't make a 40+ yard field goal u don't deserve to win....

#15675 4 years ago

Holy fuck, that was likely the strangest game I have ever seen. At least the right team won!

#15676 4 years ago

The refs terrible calls were on full display last night...clearly home cookin’.

#15677 4 years ago

Seriously, gotta feel for that kicker. He made the kick to force OT. If Jimmy G is any good in that drive, they have a real chance to go up 4 and win the game right there. Instead, he's a hero for a few minutes, until he duck hooks one into the tunnel, then he gets all the blame (other than the obligatory blame to the refs). Now he'll probably never kick again.

#15678 4 years ago

I really hoped Chance Mc Laughlin would deliver on that kick, even more after his first miracle kick that sent the 49ers to OT.

Speaking of a career change quick moment this was definitely the one. I hope they give him another chance.

#15679 4 years ago

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28067012/teams-invited-colin-kaepernick-workout-saturday?platform=amp

Think anyone will pick him up? The only team I can think of is maybe the Bears?, but I just don't see it. I'm not sure how effective he could be after not playing for three years, and it's mid season, so he probably wouldn't be ready to play for a few weeks at least.

#15680 4 years ago

Without Kittle and sanders and the ball at your own 20 with the Seahawks with no time outs in ot. The Niners should have run the the ball and if they did not get some decent yardage, they should have taken the tie. They still would have had a 2 game lead in the division and for home field. Now it is down to one game with tough games coming including another game in Seattle.

Seattle now controls the division.

Poor decision that I have a feeling will comeback to haunt them when it comes back to seeding and the division.

#15681 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Think anyone will pick him up? The only team I can think of is maybe the Bears?, but I just don't see it. I'm not sure how effective he could be after not playing for three years, and it's mid season...

No and the Bears would be at the bottom for me. THey already started the back up and had good luck with that, you can search for Whysnow's listing of his QBR , and then they refuse to play him again even though they have the worst QB in the league.
But yeah that's so much time not playing, doesn;t work well.

#15682 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No and the Bears would be at the bottom for me. THey already started the back up and had good luck with that, you can search for Whysnow's listing of his QBR , and then they refuse to play him again even though they have the worst QB in the league.
But yeah that's so much time not playing, doesn;t work well.

My feelings are that the Bears just need some kind of spark on offense and they're a contender again. The defense is there, they just need someone to get it going on offense.

But I agree, no one will pick him up.

#15683 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Without Kittle and sanders and the ball at your own 20 with the Seahawks with no time outs in ot. The Niners should have run the the ball and if they did not get some decent yardage, they should have taken the tie. They still would have had a 2 game lead in the division and for home field. Now it is down to one game with tough games coming including another game in Seattle.
Seattle now controls the division.
Poor decision that I have a feeling will comeback to haunt them when it comes back to seeding and the division.

The Niners were terrible on offense...9 dropped balls, and lack of run game did them in...the good news is they still should have one the game....not having their kicker didnt help, but give them credit they made plays when it counted.

#15684 4 years ago

I agree, no one will pick him up.

I wonder if this tryout was part of Kaepernick's settlement? Seems a little odd for the NFL to set something like this up. Maybe a team looking for a backup at league minimum would take a chance on him, but hard to imagine him being good enough for a GM to want to deal with the inevitable whining from the "Never Kaep" fan base.

I still wonder what might have happened if Kaepernick had come to Denver in 2016. Broncos have been completely unstable at QB since the SB win, but he wasn't exactly tearing it up in his last two year in SF, so I'm not sure how much of an improvement he would have been. I would be fine with the Broncos signing him as QB3 at league-minimum now, season's already shot so what the hell. Would make pointless games a bit more interesting to tune in for if there was a chance they'd toss him in in the 4th quarter. But if you're running a pro football team, I'm not sure that novelty is a good enough reason to sign the guy.

#15685 4 years ago

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28067012/teams-invited-colin-kaepernick-workout-saturday?platform=amp
Think anyone will pick him up? The only team I can think of is maybe the Bears?, but I just don't see it. I'm not sure how effective he could be after not playing for three years, and it's mid season, so he probably wouldn't be ready to play for a few weeks at least.

It's hard to tell if it's sports or corporate politics related as the NFL is still launching multiple attempts at gaining back credibility. But in any case Kaepernick is an awesome quarterback and has a lot to bring to the game, it would be great to see him play again.

#15686 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It's hard to tell if it's sports or corporate politics related as the NFL is still launching multiple attempts at gaining back credibility. But in any case Kaepernick is an awesome quarterback and has a lot to bring to the game, it would be great to see him play again.

I wasn't following closely, but wasn't he mediocre the last year or two in SF? Or did you put that down to mismanagement and a bad o-line?

#15687 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wasn't following closely, but wasn't he mediocre the last year or two in SF? Or did you put that down to mismanagement and a bad o-line?

His last 2 years were terrible, but his first 2 years were on a whole different level, Superbowl in 2012, NFC in 2013. 2012 SuperBowl is still an incredible time, Kap took over as QB mid season, and delivered all the way.
I believe his last year with Harbaugh was plagued by his sudden super star status, and how he completely lost any kind of humility, then a casting mistake with Tomsula the next head coach who was a complete failure. At that point the 49ers management was most likely upset and done with him, Kap put the last nail on his coffin with the kneeling thing.

But still, when you look at the many QB failures this season shows, I do believe Kap could deliver for many teams.

#15688 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Quoted from fosaisu:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

He has a career rating of 88.9, completion % of 59.8, and a 28-30 record.

He basically had 2 1/2 good years out of 6. He hasn't played in 3 years, so none of this matters because he will never play again.

#15689 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm
He has a career rating of 88.9, completion % of 59.8, and a 28-30 record.
He basically had 2 1/2 good years out of 6. He hasn't played in 3 years, so none of this matters because he will never play again.

I could totally see him play for Chicago, they don't have any valid QB options right now, they keep drowning and Trubisky won't come out of the hole he is in. But I agree the odds to see Kap again on the field, are lower than low.

#15690 4 years ago

I'm not convinced he would be any good after this many years removed from the game. His biggest asset was his transition to run. There are old QBs, and there are running QBs, but there aren't many old running QBs.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see him as a serviceable backup at best.

#15691 4 years ago

Hard to believe the Miami Dolphins are the hottest team in the AFC East as of late. Perhaps even playoff bound? 9-7 might get you there. lol.

#15692 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe the Miami Dolphins are the hottest team in the AFC East as of late. Perhaps even playoff bound? 9-7 might get you there. lol.

Are you day drinking again?

#15693 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

. Perhaps even playoff bound? 9-7 might get you there. lol.

It will depend on the AFC champ race and if NE needs the win in week 17 or not.

#15694 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Are you day drinking again?

I probably should be. Been watching them improve week after week. Could be great coaching or the fear of players losing their jobs with all the draft picks next year.

Fitzpatrick is playing good, but may not be enough at the position. Glad to see Tannehill is having success else where.

#15695 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A million other QBs have had a million second chances. In a world where teams continue to employ the likes of Mark Sanchez year after year you’d think someone would give Kap a shot.

Even RG3 has a job this season!

#15696 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A million other QBs have had a million second chances. In a world where teams continue to employ the likes of Mark Sanchez year after year you’d think someone would give Kap a shot. Even RG3 has a job this season!

Fair point, Sanchez must come up in every personnel action the NFL faces. I'm not saying Kap wasn't blacklisted back in 2016, I just wonder if he was good enough in the last two seasons he did play for a team to take a chance on him now that he's been on the shelf (and then have to listen to half of their fan base make hollow threats to quit watching football and never, ever come back). His willingness to play for league minimum may play a part as well.

#15697 4 years ago

Detroit sports radio today said Lions are odds-on favorite team to sign Kap at 5 to 1. Stafford just sat out his first game in 8 seasons injured, and the Lions haven’t exactly got a lot at backup QB. Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn might be feeling heat to finish the season with some wins to keep their jobs.

#15698 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair point, Sanchez must come up in every personnel action the NFL faces. I'm not saying Kap wasn't blacklisted back in 2016, I just wonder if he was good enough in the last two seasons he did play for a team to take a chance on him now that he's been on the shelf (and then have to listen to half of their fan base make hollow threats to quit watching football and never, ever come back). His willingness to play for league minimum may play a part as well.

I don’t have any doubt he’s good enough to play in the NFL, at least as a backup. He’s still young and has had plenty of rest. When you look at the clowns who get paid to be a qb on on an nfl roster year after year it’s pretty nuts to suggest he doesn’t deserve a chance.

At this point I think the racists and lunatics aren’t much of a factor anymore, it’s old news and even they are probably tired of it. In the right situation I think he’d even help the right franchise sell some tickets.

I wouldn’t suggest any teams from Ohio sign him, that’s for sure. But that still leaves another 29 or so teams to consider.

#15699 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

has had plenty of rest

True.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn’t suggest any teams from Ohio sign him

Truer!

Like I said, I'd be fine with the Broncos (or the Giants) signing him if they can get him for cheap and see a role for him. Would spice up the end of the season a bit. I imagine you'd feel the same about the Redskins picking him up. It would certainly be more exciting than another spin with Osweiler or Sanchez.

#15700 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I watched Kap for years as a Niner season ticket holder. He was a great athlete, but not a good QB. Once defenses knew how to defend the run threat and make him make decisions it was game over....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 75,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/314?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.