pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 1,507.
#15151 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Both teams sell out and have plenty of support.

We'd probably have a similar thing here at least more than now if both clubs hadn't decided to play musical stadiums and move far away and back again. That and the influx of other teams fans has always been an issue.

I miss the days of Raiders fans and Rams fans having it out in the stands when they played each other. That was always a scene.

#15152 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was Matt Millen a government plant?

Matt Millen actually explains a lot of it.
He wasn't a plant, he was a buffoon. Do I think more calls go against the Loins than other teams? They certain(t)ly seem to in the NFC North, because the Lions are the buffoonery team of the division. They just do their thing and the NFL doesn't give 2 shits aboot them. It's the only real diviison I pay attention to everyone so I'm only "qualified" to comment on. I'm sure the Browns & Cinci are in the same boat.
GB & CHI are all time class orgs and Minn isn't too far behind....the Lions are a shit show.
Half the calls against them seem to happen a lot vs the Pack. Which makes sense becasue they play them a lot and they have a top shelf QB.

#15153 4 years ago

I agree the Lions were on the wrong end of a bad call. It evens out, but it's harder to take at the end of a game, and I get that.

We will never know what would have happened, but we can guess. There was 1:40 left on the clock, and the packers were at about the 20 yard line. A 37yd FG is probable. Do the Lions then move the ball to FG range without any TOs left? I don't know. Maybe. But let's not act like the game was the Lions had the call not been made. They still had their work cut out for them.

I don't know what the real solution is to improve officiating. I think a sky ref is about the best solution, with the ability to throw a flag on a non-call, or challenge a ruling on the field. I don't want the game slower than it already is, though.

The whole idea that the NFL is fixed is just stupid. Anyone claiming that is probably just having an emotional reaction to their team's loss (understandable).

My favorite part of these last two pages is that if the Bears ever do win a SB, we all get to remind Whysnow that it's not even real, it's just a silly little fantasy.

#15154 4 years ago

The thing that gets me with the “nfl is clearly orchestrated to maximize revenue” thing:

What about all the terrible games? Should’nt they be orchestrating a “best game ever” every Sunday, Thursday, and Monday?

Also how about the uppity players kneeling, holding out, and otherwise causing various controversies that upset the NFL’s redneck fan base?

Clearly, a league that is able to discreetly orchestrate a massive conspiracy that decides the outcome of 14-16 games a week would be able to put the kibbosh on stuff like that, no?

Oh shit. I’m asking too many questions!!!

#15155 4 years ago

And why let the Patriots go to the SB every year, all while suspending the QB and fining the team? Why not help the teams that are struggling with their fanbases, instead of a team that has a season ticket waiting list 80k deep?

Wouldn't you spread out the SB wins and playoff appearances to maximize revenue? There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

#15156 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The thing that gets me with the “nfl is clearly orchestrated to maximize revenue” thing:
What about all the terrible games? Should’nt they be orchestrating a “best game ever” every Sunday, Thursday, and Monday?
Also how about the uppity players kneeling, holding out, and otherwise causing various controversies that upset the NFL’s redneck fan base?
Clearly, a league that is able to discreetly orchestrate a massive conspiracy that decides the outcome of 14-16 games a week would be able to put the kibbosh on stuff like that, no?
Oh shit. I’m asking too many questions!!!

Of course they want to maximize revenue...their smart....NFL is by far the biggest professional sports business in the world $13B in revenue, followed by MLB $9B

#15157 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

I'd settle for a wild card hat for either of my teams.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for a few more years or just find another team.

#15158 4 years ago

And why let the Patriots go to the SB every year, all while suspending the QB and fining the team? Why not help the teams that are struggling with their fanbases, instead of a team that has a season ticket waiting list 80k deep?
Wouldn't you spread out the SB wins and playoff appearances to maximize revenue? There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

Good point...theres no conspiracy....The Pats success tells you how important it is to have a great coach, qB, and owner....the rest are just puzzle pieces that can interchanged.

#15159 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd settle for a wild card hat for either of my teams

I would be excited for a wild card hat and THRILLED with a “We Won a Playoff Game” hat for the Lions. That’s how low the bar has gone/been. They would probably raise a banner if the Lions won a playoff game.

#15160 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I would be excited for a wild card hat and THRILLED with a “We Won a Playoff Game” hat for the Lions. That’s how low the bar has gone/been. They would probably raise a banner if the Lions won a playoff game.

I tend to root for the underdogs. I was certainly rooting for the Lions last night. I think it was the second to last penalty on the sack that did the most damage.

Didn't they say they had beaten the Pack five straight games before last night?

#15161 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have been a Lions fan forever and at the end of last nights game it was the first time I felt disgusted with the NFL due to the officiating. Yes the Lions had 5 field goals but those 2 calls costs them the game.
Now the NFL is saying that the second call against Flowers was an error. Neither should have been called.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27852650/nfl-second-flag-lions-de-trey-flowers-was-error

So tired of hearing that if they had scored more, the horrible officiating wouldn't have mattered. Of course that's true. But they were on the road against a great team. The five field goals alone should have been enough to win. The Packers were gifted 10 points with all the extra downs they got from bullshit calls.

#15162 4 years ago

Does this prove the conspiracy theory?

IMG_3130 (resized).jpgIMG_3130 (resized).jpg
#15163 4 years ago

Jalen Ramsey to LAR for 2020 and 2021 firsts. Not sure I get that move, especially selling Peter's earlier today for something other than draft capital or OL help.

#15164 4 years ago

Jalen Ramsey to LAR for 2020 and 2021 firsts. Not sure I get that move, especially selling Peter's earlier today for something other than draft capital or OL help.

seems a little pricey to me....they need more help on the offensive side than the defense...great player though, but could be a drama queen. Although I bet his mysterious back injury all of a sudden goes away and he plays this week.

#15165 4 years ago

They must be getting desperate to get back in the hunt this year.

#15166 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They must be getting desperate to get back in the hunt this year.

They should have traded for an offensive lineman....they got dominated last weekend

#15167 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They should have traded for an offensive lineman....they got dominated last weekend

That's what the Dolphins are going to do next year with their top pics. Get four top tier offensive linemen and trade to get Tannehill back.

I keeeed. But I did hear he had a good relief effort last weekend and is now starting for the Titans. Watching Fitzpatrick come in and almost leading them to a comeback victory reminded me of who I think was one of the toughest QBs ever. Jeff George. He got sacked 358 times and that does not include the times he got hammered to the ground and the ball was already gone. Much respect for that player.

#15168 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what the Dolphins are going to do next year with their top pics. Get four top tier offensive linemen and trade to get Tannehill back.
I keeeed. But I did hear he had a good relief effort last weekend and is now starting for the Titans. Watching Fitzpatrick come in and almost leading them to a comeback victory reminded me of who I think was one of the toughest QBs ever. Jeff George. He got sacked 358 times and that does not include the times he got hammered to the ground and the ball was already gone. Much respect for that player.

I always liked Jeff George...he got his ass beat and kept fighting...everyone always focuses on skill players, but its always the teams with great offensive lines that get it done (and a good QB of course)....

#15169 4 years ago

Fitzpatrick is good for about 4 games, then turns back into a pumpkin. Fun to watch for those 4 games though.

Mahomes on a Thursday night should be fun, I love watching him play. Hopefully hes somewhat healthy.

#15170 4 years ago

I know he's long since retired, but he was the toughest son of a bitch I ever saw play the position. Most of today's QBs wouldn't last a whole season taking the beating he did. Including several that are wearing rings.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#15171 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was Matt Millen a government plant?
Perhaps it has something to do with the auto bailout. They have the goods on the Ford family for sure.

I'm pretty sure you are a government plant...

#15172 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know he's long since retired, but he was the toughest son of a bitch I ever saw play the position. Most of today's QBs wouldn't last a whole season taking the beating he did. Including several that are wearing rings.[quoted image]

He was not a very good QB and his teammates And coaches all hated him.

#15173 4 years ago

There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

Unless it’s last years hat. Every year the pats won I’ve trotted over to the stadium to stand in line and buy the hat. But last season, no thanks. I’d never wear that piece of crap. I’ve wondered if it was the worst selling Super Bowl hat ever. I don’t even recall seeing anybody wearing them. I’m sure someone at the NFL attributes it to owning too many Super Bowl hats up here, but in reality, none of us wanted to pay for such an ugly hat. I hope this years is nicer.

#15174 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know he's long since retired, but he was the toughest son of a bitch I ever saw play the position.

The Jets Ken O'Brien was a pretty tough QB, He led the league a lot in being sacked in his time.

#15175 4 years ago

Toughest two QBs I ever saw were Steve McNair and Brett Farvre. Those guys would get crushed and just bounce right back. I think McNair had every injury imaginable and would still take the field.

#15176 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m sure someone at the NFL attributes it to owning too many Super Bowl hats up here, but in reality, none of us wanted to pay for such an ugly hat. I hope this years is nicer.

88BEEF78-9EB4-40A8-908D-C04156471242 (resized).jpeg88BEEF78-9EB4-40A8-908D-C04156471242 (resized).jpeg
#15177 4 years ago

The Rams now have 3 Jaguars who were top 10 first round picks (Ramsey, Dante Fowler, and Blake Bortles). At least the Jags got some value in the Ramsey trade. They only a got a third rounder for Fowler and nothing for Bortles. Ramsey is a far superior talent than the other 2 former Jags.

#15178 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Rams now have 3 Jaguars who were top 10 first round picks (Ramsey, Dante Fowler, and Blake Bortles). At least the Jags got some value in the Ramsey trade. They only a got a third rounder for Fowler and nothing for Bortles. Ramsey is a far superior talent than the other 2 former Jags.

Now, if they could only get their offense back..................

#15179 4 years ago

Cleveland's DE Garrett got punched in the face by a fan wanting a picture.

Apparently Garrett was in his car when a man pulled along side of him and wanted to get a picture with him. Garrett said fine but, I have to finish my phone call (talking to girlfriend or wife) first. The man then got out of his car came over leaned down and took a picture of himself and Garrett. He then stood up and punched Garrett in the face through the window, hopped in his car and sped off. Of coarse cops tracked him down, some 27 yr old dude.

#15180 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Of coarse

*facepalm*

#15181 4 years ago

11F2EB11-D8DD-44AB-ADD5-34F358F47D73 (resized).png11F2EB11-D8DD-44AB-ADD5-34F358F47D73 (resized).png

Brady’s list

#15182 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]
Brady’s list

And I never understood why people celebrate when we lose...

#15183 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]
Brady’s list

Last one is matter of opinion. I don’t think Giselle is anything special at all. If we’re talking Victoria models Brady could have had, I would’ve chosen Tyra over Giselle any day of the week.

C518750D-B10A-430D-9030-D06168512B03 (resized).jpegC518750D-B10A-430D-9030-D06168512B03 (resized).jpegD217F4F5-53DE-43CA-AB8B-7F43B0709538 (resized).jpegD217F4F5-53DE-43CA-AB8B-7F43B0709538 (resized).jpeg
#15184 4 years ago

You jealous, dated & crazy

BC060531-AC58-4062-BA9F-E239654EF7E5 (resized).jpegBC060531-AC58-4062-BA9F-E239654EF7E5 (resized).jpeg
#15185 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

jags.pngjags.png
#15186 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

trade to get Tannehill back.

I keeeed. But I did hear he had a good relief effort last weekend and is now starting for the Titans.

He was turrible like all of them since McNair. It's time to enable tank mode.

#15187 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

You jealous, dated & crazy

Jealous? Yeah, not really. Dated? Don’t think so! Crazy? Maybe a little.

I don’t think Giselle is hot whether she’s married to Tom Brady or not (not a football hatred thing). Not everybody likes the same thing.

We can all find bad photos of any celeb on the wonderful web. This is Tyra 25 years ago, and just recently on the cover again in May 2019. I’d take Tyra over Giselle even now, in a heartbeat. I like curvy. And Tyra is probably crazy as shit in the sack.
E2600DED-495E-4C33-8BB3-E0C5E32F3149 (resized).jpegE2600DED-495E-4C33-8BB3-E0C5E32F3149 (resized).jpeg

#15188 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He was turrible like all of them since McNair. It's time to enable tank mode.

I can definitely relate. McNair had a pretty good coach too.

#15191 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Last one is matter of opinion. I don’t think Giselle is anything special at all. If we’re talking Victoria models Brady could have had, I would’ve chosen Tyra over Giselle any day of the week.[quoted image][quoted image]

Both 2019 seems to me 6 of one half doz of an other

Gisele-Bundchen-Vogue-Germany-Cover-Photoshoot (resized).jpgGisele-Bundchen-Vogue-Germany-Cover-Photoshoot (resized).jpgspi190513_swcover_01_promo (resized).jpgspi190513_swcover_01_promo (resized).jpg
#15193 4 years ago

Chicago Expo headlines. Fantastic. Haha

8C1BDCD5-0EC4-4BDB-B536-D330879C3857 (resized).jpeg8C1BDCD5-0EC4-4BDB-B536-D330879C3857 (resized).jpeg
#15194 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Jealous? Yeah, not really. Dated? Don’t think so! Crazy? Maybe a little.
I don’t think Giselle is hot whether she’s married to Tom Brady or not (not a football hatred thing). Not everybody likes the same thing.
We can all find bad photos of any celeb on the wonderful web. This is Tyra 25 years ago, and just recently on the cover again in May 2019. I’d take Tyra over Giselle even now, in a heartbeat. I like curvy. And Tyra is probably crazy as shit in the sack.
[quoted image]

Airbrushed photo-shopped mag cover compared to a candid paparazzi shot? Cmon.

Show us a recent pic of Giselle thats anywhere near the monster level of that Tyra shot.

#15195 4 years ago

Guys no offense but it's getting a little weird around here. Yes we all want to fuck supermodels, no we aren't going to fuck supermodels, yes we all want to fuck Tom Brady (he's so dreamy) but let's move on!

#15196 4 years ago

Surely you are not trying to justify the asinine comment you made about this guys death??? You are simply a LOW LIFE MF Dirtbag66 and some day (I hope soon) it will come back to haunt you.

#15197 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Surely you are not trying to justify the asinine comment you made about this guys death??? You are simply a LOW LIFE MF Dirtbag66 and some day (I hope soon) it will come back to haunt you.

Being a Browns fan seems like instant karma to me.

#15198 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys no offense but it's getting a little weird around here. Yes we all want to fuck supermodels, no we aren't going to fuck supermodels, yes we all want to fuck Tom Brady (he's so dreamy) but let's move on!

Scantily clad women is weird? I could look at that shit all day. Apparently people don’t understand that you can just have a difference of opinion, even when it comes to who you would want or prefer to bang.

Given that it’s pointless arguments like most on here, I’m good with moving on.

How about Eagles 28, Cowboys 21.

#15199 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

How about Eagles 28, Cowboys 21.

At this point I think we can assume both of these teams are easily the best in the NFC East, and we can also assume that the NFC East is a total shitbucket and whomever emerges from it is doomed to a first-round playoff loss.

So I guess it doesn't matter who wins.

If I had to bet money on it I'd say Cowboys by 3.

#15200 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I had to bet money on it I'd say Cowboys by 3.

I’ll put up a $20 friendly bet. Straight up. I paid Vic when I lost our parlay, so he can vouch that I don’t welch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/304?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.