Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 1,512.
#15101 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

14-0 and the home crowd is pumped.

So you went to both a Steelers and a 49rs home game on the same day? So cool!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap3000001065472/49ers-fans-FLOOD-L-A-Coliseum-with-sea-of-red

#15102 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are not paying attention or as biased as the refs IF you really dont see that much is orchestrated.
That game last night is a perfect example of that bias and how this game was produced for the GB win.
Sometimes they orchestrate it all smoothly and things turn out so nobody sees it as egregious... other times it is blatantly obvious.

That's one of the more ridiculous claims I've heard.

So the NFL is fixing games? How many people would need to be in on that? Why are you even watching then? Why would they fix some games for a team, and some games against the same team? How did the illuminati make that ball bounce off the upright AND the crossbar?

#15103 4 years ago

I saw both those penalties at the end of the game and thought the Lions got screwed.

Then I started wondering isn't it a penalty to grab onto a players shoulder anyway? Isn't that some kind of holding?

#15104 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw both those penalties at the end of the game and thought the Lions got screwed.
Then I started wondering isn't it a penalty to grab onto a players shoulder anyway? Isn't that some kind of holding?

If it's past 5 yards then yes.

#15105 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it's past 5 yards then yes.

I wasn't paying much attention if it was past 5 yards or not but if it wasn't it is OK to grab onto the guy?

#15106 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's one of the more ridiculous claims I've heard.
So the NFL is fixing games? How many people would need to be in on that? Why are you even watching then? Why would they fix some games for a team, and some games against the same team? How did the illuminati make that ball bounce off the upright AND the crossbar?

very very few need to be in control of it at all.

minor changes to these games are enough to move outcomes for almost every one of them.

You really are kind of silly IMHO if you dont see it (granted as a fan of a favored team I can see why your bias as a fan would be high and hard for you to recognize; although lots of GB fans at work today were all talking about how it was so obvious that they even lots respect for the game a little more last night)

The whole thing is big money and produced for maximizing profits. The game eroded long ago.
I watch for entertainment value in the same way that some watch WWE, granted I watch far less as spend more time watching other (non-orchestrated) sports as the years go on. NFL is just not as much fun once you become more aware of how it all works and see through it.

It can still be entertaining, but just for the production more than the sport (like it used to be)

#15107 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

minor changes to these games are enough to move outcomes for almost every one of them.
You really are kind of silly IMHO if you dont see it (granted as a fan of a favored team I can see why your bias as a fan would be high and hard for you to recognize; although lots of GB fans at work today were all talking about how it was so obvious that they even lots respect for the game a little more last night)
The whole thing is big money and produced for maximizing profits. The game eroded long ago.
I watch for entertainment value in the same way that some watch WWE, granted I watch far less as spend more time watching other (non-orchestrated) sports as the years go on. NFL is just not as much fun once you become more aware of how it all works and see through it.
It can still be entertaining, but just for the production more than the sport (like it used to be)

I'm pretty sure Buffalo Wild Wings is behind all of this. They've been quite open about the lengths they'll go to sell more shitty chicken wings to drunks:

#15108 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Its ridiculous to think the NFL is fixing games....replays on penalties is a complete joke (as were seeing with PI)....theres probably 10 penalties on each team every play so unless u want 6 hours games its not gonna happen .... Refs are part of the game...always will be...just look at the Steelers immaculate reception...if that was today it would have never counted, but people think its the greatest play ever....crazy

#15109 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

....just look at the Steelers immaculate reception...if that was today it would have never counted, but people think its the greatest play ever....crazy

Actually it would stand as called because there is no camera angle to see if the ball touched the ground, thus the call on the field would be upheld.

Quoted from o-din:

I wasn't paying much attention if it was past 5 yards or not but if it wasn't it is OK to grab onto the guy?

It's legal but agianst the rules They allow grabbing people on Offense & Defense line, they usually don;t call it unless it involves twisting and throwing or the person moves form in front of the holding player.
Like, watch all the plays on the final GB drive...OL grasping & holding players on every single play.

#15110 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are not paying attention or as biased as the refs IF you really dont see that much is orchestrated. That game last night is a perfect example of that bias and how this game was produced for the GB win. Sometimes they orchestrate it all smoothly and things turn out so nobody sees it as egregious... other times it is blatantly obvious.

Given that the entire league is rigged in GB's favor, it's funny that they've made it to the Super Bowl only once in the past 20 years. One more thing Roger Goodell is too incompetent to pull off, I guess.

#15111 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Given that the entire league is rigged in GB's favor, it's funny that they've made it to the Super Bowl only once in the past 20 years.

That's my point, they have shitty owners

#15112 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol.

Not many people need to be involved? Just every ref for the last few decades (I'll just assume you think the downturn of the NFL happened after 85)?

It's still early, you have probably the best defense in the league, and you're already moving to the "the whole thing is rigged!" defense, and starting your narrative to discredit a hypothetical GB superbowl. Your bitterness is next level, I'll give you that. Are these pictures of GB being favored?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pnggiphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
#15113 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's my point, they have shitty owners

Excellent observation. Just imagine how many of Rogers' seasons might have ended happily if Bob Kraft's guiding hand had been on the job.

#15114 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Excellent point. Just imagine how many of Rogers' seasons might have ended happily if Bob Kraft's guiding hand had been on the job.

Where do I need to direct my HJs?

#15115 4 years ago

....you have probably the best defense in the league....

god no.

#15116 4 years ago

league

conference

division
chicago

#15117 4 years ago

Lol.
Not many people need to be involved? Just every ref for the last few decades (I'll just assume you think the downturn of the NFL happened after 85)?
It's still early, you have probably the best defense in the league, and you're already moving to the "the whole thing is rigged!" defense, and starting your narrative to discredit a hypothetical GB superbowl. Your bitterness is next level, I'll give you that. Are these pictures of GB being favored?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They certainly don't have the best defense in the league....

#15118 4 years ago

gotta love when the fanbois go to flat earth, lol.

The NFL has been on a steady decline for years. The rules have slowly eroded it sports soul in favor of the $$$ and if you think anything beyond a handful of refs are needed to influence a whole season for production value then you are just being ignorant on purpose. You are a smart guy, so I am assuming you are blinded by your fanboi status rather than unable to see the reality on your own merits.

Think of it like "reality tv" There is a general outline and script which is massaged into the overall desired storyline by the producers. Sometimes things change but the general plotline is set ot maximize profits and it works pretty well.

#15119 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love when the fanbois go to flat earth, lol.
The NFL has been on a steady decline for years. The rules have slowly eroded it sports soul in favor of the $$$ and if you think anything beyond a handful of refs are needed to influence a whole season for production value then you are just being ignorant on purpose. You are a smart guy, so I am assuming you are blinded by your fanboi status rather than unable to see the reality on your own merits.
Think of it like "reality tv" There is a general outline and script which is massaged into the overall desired storyline by the producers. Sometimes things change but the general plotline is set ot maximize profits and it works pretty well.

Quite the opposite, actually. The NFL has seen year over year growth by leaps and bounds. I think the problem is the hard core fans like the more violent old-school rules and are getting sick of the flags.

Every sport has an element of error. That's just the way it is. They need to find a better solution. Maybe a third red flag to use for penalty calls?

#15120 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Everyone loves to blame the officials...yes they make bad calls, but those typically even out throughout the game...the Lions lost because they sucked in the red zone and gave up too many big plays

I used to hold to that idea too, but now I’m thinking if you played well enough to have more points than your opponent, even with field goals instead of TDs, you should get a W. Saying that “we should have played better so the game wouldn’t be in the refs’ hands” (which I heard someone on Detroit radio say today), you’re essentially saying that you need to play for a “super victory” to overcome bad officiating as well as the other team. You shouldn’t have to do that.

#15121 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So in your estimation, how many people are in on the fix? Must run into the thousands when you count up all the players, coaches, refs, cameramen, etc. It certainly dwarfs any of your pinball conspiracy theories (like that time you were convinced that Levi works for Stern) in terms of scope.

#15122 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

granted I watch far less as spend more time watching other (non-orchestrated) sports as the years go on.

So what sports are real? Are they the ones where chicago has won a championship in this century? I don't know what a "fanboi" is, but I think I'm starting to get an idea the more you post.

#15123 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I used to hold to that idea too, but now I’m thinking if you played well enough to have more points than your opponent, even with field goals instead of TDs, you should get a W. Saying that “we should have played better so the game wouldn’t be in the refs’ hands” (which I heard someone on Detroit radio say today), you’re essentially saying that you need to play for a “super victory” to overcome bad officiating as well as the other team. You shouldn’t have to do that.

If u can't convert in the red zone you'll never win....the problem is everyone focuses on the end of the game....if u look at the game as a whole the "calls" / "no calls" probably balanced out; however I totally agree those calls towards the end were terrible....

#15124 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So in your estimation, how many people are in on the fix? Must run into the thousands when you count up all the players, coaches, refs, cameramen, etc. It certainly dwarfs any of your pinball conspiracy theories (like that time you were convinced that Levi works for Stern) in terms of scope.

No he's just convinced that I'm TRYING to get a job at Stern - cause, you know, a pay cut, losing about 7 weeks of paid time off a year, saying goodbye to one of the world's best retirement plans, and moving to Chicago are ALL top priorities in my life right now.

#15125 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No he's just convinced that I'm TRYING to get a job at Stern - cause, you know, a pay cut, losing about 7 weeks of paid time off a year, saying goodbye to one of the world's best retirement plans, and moving to Chicago are ALL top priorities in my life right now.

Exactly what you'd say if you were a secret Stern employee ...

#15126 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If u can't convert in the red zone you'll never win....the problem is everyone focuses on the end of the game....if u look at the game as a whole the "calls" / "no calls" probably balanced out; however I totally agree those calls towards the end were terrible....

Right. And let's not forget that the Lions still had plenty of opportunity left to blow it all on their own.

#15127 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...if u look at the game as a whole the "calls" / "no calls" probably balanced out; however I totally agree those calls towards the end were terrible....

I think the point is they do not in fact cancel each other out; which is why all the news outlets today are calling out the officiating.

#15128 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the point is they do not in fact cancel each other out; which is why all the news outlets today are calling out the officiating.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

It's hard to say if officiating is worse than ever. It certainly SEEMS that way but a lot of that has to do with every bad call being seen by millions more people than in the past.

#15129 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wow.

#15130 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its all BS....They can call a penalty on almost every play if they want to....

#15131 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They can call a penalty on almost every play if they want to....

Not almost, there's holding on every single snap of the ball, just a matter of rather it gets called.

#15132 4 years ago

Whysnow Presents: Unorchestrated Sports Network!

8pm: Fishing (you can't bribe a fish)
9pm: Lawn Darts (old school version - parental discretion advised)
10pm: Uno
11pm: Canasta LIVE! From Buena Vista Retirement Community

#15133 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not almost, there's holding on every single snap of the ball, just a matter of rather it gets called.

Thats my point....sometimes they see it sometimes they don't....its an impossible job....shit happens in sports....just look at balls and strikes in baseball....their all over the map....

#15134 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its all BS....They can call a penalty on almost every play if they want to....

And they should call them, or change the rules to reflect it.
Are we already passed the point of the season where they stopped calling the offensive holding everyone was bitching aboot to start the season?

Anyway, I think a lot of the complaining this year is the fact that most things are reviewable now, but they still get the call wrong on replay.
I heard someone, probably M. Parrarah, say the whole overturning of PI has to meet the standard of the famous Rams/Saints blown PI...anything "below" that won't get overturned.

Wait...wtf? Makes no sense.

#15135 4 years ago

On a side note, I was watching the NFL countdown 100 best games ever and if you have a chance you should really check it out.
Close to what Levi mentioned earlier, at least half the games highlights are plays the game hinged on that are all illegal now
Hands to the QBs helmet was a big one.

#15136 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And they should call them, or change the rules to reflect it.
Are we already passed the point of the season where they stopped calling the offensive holding everyone was bitching aboot to start the season?
Anyway, I think a lot of the complaining this year is the fact that most things are reviewable now, but they still get the call wrong on replay.
I heard someone, probably M. Parrarah, say the whole overturning of PI has to meet the standard of the famous Rams/Saints blown PI...anything "below" that won't get overturned.
Wait...wtf? Makes no sense.

I hear ya, but its a slippery slope...u gotta have rules or its pure chaos....yea the refs screw up, but for the most part their pretty darn good at their job (which is impossible by the way)...in my opinion they should get rid of all review plays (except touchdowns)....PI is total joke and all it does is waste time...

#15137 4 years ago

You guys are worried about a few bad calls and I get that.

But on a more local scale, LA now has two losing teams that have more fans for the visiting teams than they do for themselves. Should be a big production when the new stadium opens.

Tends to happen when teams move around.

I honestly think there are still more Raiders fans in So Cal than for either of the other two.

#15138 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But on a more local scale, LA now has two losing teams that have more fans for the visiting teams than they do for themselves

Yes but everyone knew that would happen; LA didn't want to damn teams to begin with. Shit no one was going to the games when they were 2 winning teams.

#15139 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys are worried about a few bad calls and I get that.
But on a more local scale, LA now has two losing teams that have more fans for the visiting teams than they do for themselves. Should be a big production when the new stadium opens.
Tends to happen when teams move around.
I honestly think there are still more Raiders fans in So Cal than for either of the other two.

That's the one team that made sense to me in LA. I'm obviously not local, but it seemed to me the Raiders were the most "LA" team there's ever been. They move that one to Vegas, and TWO teams to LA that no one really seems to care about. Why did they think that was going to work?

I also hate the idea of teams splitting a stadium. It messes with the schedule if nothing else.

#15140 4 years ago

I'm with Whysnow. I've never been a conspiracy theorist. But I think the fix is in against the Lions. There are WAY too many pieces of evidence for me to deny this any longer.

#15141 4 years ago

Yep, before the Raiders and Rams split, it was obvious the market wasn't big enough to support two teams.

And no one in their right mind would want to drive up from San Diego, or take a train or jet from St Louis to support their teams there now. Plus So Cal is such a melting pot that people from all over the country bring their fandom for their old teams along when they move here.

Winning helps, but nobody here cares about last year in that regards. At least Taylor Swift will probably be able to fill up that new stadium when it opens.

#15142 4 years ago

It's going to end up a fk story, however it turns out. The Rams are more married to the new stadium, so the Chargers would have to move south or perhaps all the way back to San Diego. They certainly don't have the wants or ways to build a new stadium for themselves.

#15143 4 years ago

I also hate the idea of teams splitting a stadium. It messes with the schedule if nothing else

Don’t the Giants and Jets play in the Meadowlands? Do you think that’s a problem, Levi? I’ve never heard much complaining about it, but I don’t live near the Big Apple either.

#15144 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Don’t the Giants and Jets play in the Meadowlands? Do you think that’s a problem, Levi? I’ve never heard much complaining about it, but I don’t live near the Big Apple either.

The only story is that despite being co-located and pulling fans from the same basic geographic areas, Jets fans are notorious assholes (sexual harassment and assaults, horrible behavior in front of kids) compared to Giants fans, such that people report a very different vibe at the stadium depending on who is playing. Strange stuff.

#15145 4 years ago

Even when the Rams and Raiders were here, they played at way different locations.

The LA Coliseum is in a neighborhood you wouldn't want to be in after dark. The new place isn't much better.

Anaheim Stadium is a much safer, family oriented venue. However it is no longer built or suited for an NFL team, and I think the Angels like it like that. They had talked about building a new football stadium in the parking lot, but that never happened.

I have no real answer as property is super expensive anywhere, but south orange county where the old El Toro airbase was would be a perfect spot. It is a newer, more upscale area, seriously lacking in entertainment venues. And far enough from LA, that a team could establish it's own identity and fanbase there.

#15146 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The only story is that despite being co-located and pulling fans from the same basic geographic areas, Jets fans are notorious assholes (sexual harassment and assaults, horrible behavior in front of kids) compared to Giants fans, such that people report a very different vibe at the stadium depending on who is playing. Strange stuff.

sounds like Jet and Raider fans are in the same boat....I brought my kids to a Raiders/Niner game and dozens of drunk ass holes were wearing "Fuck the Niners" shirts....stay classy Oakland...I'm happy their leaving

#15147 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm with Whysnow. I've never been a conspiracy theorist. But I think the fix is in against the Lions. There are WAY too many pieces of evidence for me to deny this any longer.

Have been a Lions fan forever and at the end of last nights game it was the first time I felt disgusted with the NFL due to the officiating. Yes the Lions had 5 field goals but those 2 calls costs them the game.

Now the NFL is saying that the second call against Flowers was an error. Neither should have been called.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27852650/nfl-second-flag-lions-de-trey-flowers-was-error

#15148 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Was Matt Millen a government plant?

Perhaps it has something to do with the auto bailout. They have the goods on the Ford family for sure.

#15149 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is an accurate description.

It was a little weirder when it was called “giants stadium” and the entire bowl was red and blue.

Now it’s more neutral and the stadium lighting changes color depending on who’s at home.

Both teams sell out and have plenty of support.

#15150 4 years ago

Damn Russians hacking our nfl....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 1,512.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/303?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.