• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 9 votes
    6%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 92 votes
    59%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,293 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12169EB7-7FCA-4700-A3B5-1E475E3FEF1E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
3C9847A0-6AB4-4137-8616-68D8DADE8E05 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1572925678913 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191104-204834~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191104-204244~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191103-152255~2 (resized).png
MV5BNDYxMzhhZTAtZTg0ZS00YTMzLTk1NjQtMmM3NGI5NzRmYTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0068 (resized).jpg
BD17F9CB-FD42-4E60-8577-FC59FBDC6794 (resized).jpeg
F7BBDA19-7D4A-4936-AA27-138037387CDA (resized).jpeg
2EEFB1B8-B06F-4920-A2D8-B6B324125704 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

589 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 2 of 3.
#12065 10 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Gibbs had 4 seasons. Old man? He was 67 in his last year coach. Belichick is 66.

Yeah, that's old. And he'd taken 11 years off.

Whatever...Gibbs had ASTOUNDING success compared to all other Dan Snyder coaches. You could bring Lombardi back and give him 6 HOF head coaches as assistants and he wouldn't win shit working for Dan.

Two playoff appearances in three years? A playoff win?! Amazing performance by Coach Gibbs.

Gibbs' comeback was no blemish on his reputation. Don't forget he was already in the Hall of Fame before he took Snyder's money.

#12067 10 months ago

Admittedly it's harder to argue against Brady. Believe me, I think he's good, I just think that the Pats will still have success after he's done..
9ers span 2 QBs and 2 coaches, which is pretty impressive.

Cowboys were probably the last true dynasty with 3 wins in 4 years. Coulda been more if Jones hadn't fucked it up.

But history will judge the Patriots well. I can't wait till they suck again. Maybe the Kiam family will somehow buy the team again.

#12070 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bah.... Seifert is the same as switzer.
Taking over for a great coach and stumbling into another ring

Absolutely correct. Doesn't count.

#12074 10 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

But, how good would Brady be without Coach Belichick?
I love Brees, but Payton has done wonders for his career. Look at his stats in San Diego before the injury.

We'll never know. My hunch is he would have been fine.

Bill was a DEFENSIVE genius, not an offensive one. People forget that after 20 years with the GOAT.

#12111 10 months ago

dirtbag loves his bandwagons

Like...what's wrong with a fuckin' bandwagon? there are 32 teams and 28 of them are out.

Not all of us are degenerate gamblers, so you need to come up with someone to root for.

#12113 10 months ago

Someone is intent on proving CTE runs in the family

I keed I keed!

#12118 10 months ago

He's a Browns fan?!

Well one thing is for sure, you can't accuse him of being on a bandwagon.

That being said, he's better off than I am. I truly believe the Redskins are the worst run organization in American sports and I'd be more optimistic as a Browns fan at this point.

#12121 10 months ago

They also have a great talent evaluator on staff, Scott mclougan.

#12136 9 months ago

The browns suck and I have no idea why we are discussing them on championship Sunday.

Stickin with my picks of saints and pats.

It’s too loud at the done and Andy Reid always chokes. Hope the chiefs win tho.

#12144 9 months ago

Wow! Congrats to rams and Sean MCv for being yet another talented person to get out of the redskins dumpster fire and on to better things.

Really a great game!

Yeah I know that missed penalty sucks. Thats life.

#12149 9 months ago

Not sure what you want me to say.

They got screwed. It's not gonna get overturned. That’s life. Me whining about it ain’t gonna change anything.

Why lash out at me? I was rooting for the Saints.

You guys take this stuff pretty seriously. Not my fault you are all degenerate gamblers!

#12151 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, it was a bum call, and they’ve been happening all year. So much for preseason when they said they were weren’t going to make any calls that could ultimately decide a game. They’ve done it all year. It’s a joke. Saints got ripped off.
Not like the Rams didn’t play well though.

That kick was amazing.

And I am happy or McVeigh. Like I said just another failure by the Redskin to let him go. Gotta be the worst organization in football.

#12154 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m just glad I jumped on the right bandwagon. My team pulled it out. Now maybe I can finally start feeling better about myself.

Lmao!

Like I said what kind of an idiot would accuse a redskins fan of going bandwagon?

Edited by admin!

#12157 9 months ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The problem is, this should never happen. We have reply, if the ref's cant do there job properly, someone should call them on it. You cant miss a call like that in such a big game. Total bullshit.

So what’s your solution? You want replay on no-calls?

Refs are humans. They’ll miss stuff or get it wrong.

#12159 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha! LOVE IT! Now I can actually enjoy the Super Bowl knowing New Orleans won't be there.
The no call play was closer than it looks, but Fox keeps showing the worst camera angle. Still a bad call but I still LOVE IT! Hahahahaha yeah!

It wasn’t just the missed obvious PI, there was helmet to helmet.

It’s a pretty egregious non call and it’s reasonable to say it cost NO the game.

Of course Payton throwing in first down was also moronic. Idiocy begets idiocy.

#12162 9 months ago

In the late 1980s almost every play was reviewable. And called by the officials. It was a hot mess.

I wouldn’t be against 1 call review per half or something. PI, personal foul calls included. These things are changing outcomes of games.

#12260 9 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Ummmmm, ok. if you say so. Since that has been made crystal clear, maybe we can now all move on. Make sure that you let the NFL hall of fame know that the asterisk has to be done in permanent marker.

Moving on isn’t really dirtbag’s thing.

He’s still mad about the bears cutting his brother 25 years ago.

(Why isn’t he mad at the other 31 teams for not claiming him?)

#12262 9 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

Triple ice coming?

Calling back to back time outs is a 15 yard penalty.

#12270 9 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I hope it never goes away; as the years pass it makes it easier and easier to tell who the butt hurt whining losers are. Thank you for renting space in your head eternally for the Patriots.

Isn’t it funny how an * kind of looks like a little butthole?

Fitting badge for the butthurt.

#12271 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My favorite part is his insistence that we all know when his brother played or retired and Thats why were getting the date wrong.

Yeah I’m sorry I’m not up on the exact particulars of the dirtbag family employment history.

I’d quiz dirtbag if he knew the exact date my mom retired, but then it was of her own volition she wasn’t cut.

#12272 9 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

Please tell me they didn't give him a championship ring

Just like everything else in his life, he was given a sparkly, valuable thing without doing any work, and a bunch of idiots applaud him for it.

#12321 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NE got lucky by completely shutting the mahomes and they entire offense down. If KC was ready to play they would have had a damn good chance. Besides that one big pass, that led to no points because Mahomes ate a bad sack, didn't they have like negative yardage? Horrible.

I'll give him credit, all the crazy ass fans of all sports, I've never once heard that argument. Is so singularly insane beyond any measurable metric it's admirable.

I got a new angle on this one!

Throughout the Saints game, I kept hearing whistles. Clearly people in the crowd had whistles and they kept blowing them when the Rams were on offense. Plus, there's this irrefutable evidence!!!

5c44f09ddeb6eefb56000001 (resized).jpg

I was surprised it never became an issue. Well within the refs' authority to tell the crowd to stop. Isn't there some kind of "fan interference" penalty they could call on the home team?

#12328 9 months ago

Somebody had to go. Easier than firing Reid I guess.

#12332 9 months ago

I liked Romo but lately he's kinda sucked and reminded more of the usual scrubs.

Maybe the brass is telling him to suck more so he can be a better color guy?

#12338 9 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m pretty fn happy to hear about this!! Should of happened last year..let the speculation begin for a new D coordinator!!

Problem is all the best candidates got hired already.

#12345 9 months ago

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?

I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

#12350 9 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Look it sucks the call was missed but, reality is that there are calls missed damn near every play in the NFL. I know you say but those did not or do not have a direct influence on winning or losing like the one just put in the spot light. Wrong, a holding, offsides, incidental hands to face etc. all play the same role; the difference here is it occurred during an in your face moment, whereas most others generally take place away from the camera. Also before all of you start BBQing me let me state again, I think it was a very, very bad non-call but it no worse than the other thirty or more calls that are missed every game played, they just aren't in your face when they occur.
I too think the Saints were screwed but, it happened we just need to move on and hope the NFL can come up with some way to lesson the worst of these when they occur.

Context matters. A blown call with the game on the line is significantly worse than a blown call at 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

#12390 9 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Did anyone else see the news storyline on CBS This Morning? A kid made national headlines by creating and winning a science fair all based on a sequence of things that have happened that prove the Patriots are cheaters. He put together time lines with all the incidents over the years that lead to one conclusion, cheaters.

Great.

Cause we all know the unflinching respect your average NFL fan has for science and the opinions of young student types.

#12402 9 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Does anybody else think having the pro bowl before the SB is frickin dumb?

It’s one of the dumbest events in sports so it really doesn’t matter when they hold it.

They probably should
Stop doing it altogether.

#12416 9 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.

Even Bill himself - a lifelong student of the game and it’s history - would likely call you an idiot for making that suggestion.

This week has really laid bare how miserable and insecure so many Patriots fans are.

Trust me, if I was a fan of a team who makes the super bowl every year, I wouldn’t spend this week whining about how my team gets no respect, posting memes about how all the “Brady haters can suck a D,” and making moronic suggestions about renaming an iconic trophy.

Why are pats fans so miserable and petty? You’d think they’d be pretty happy campers.

Are you seriously so sick of winning that your primary motivation for being a patriots
fan is to annoy strangers?

#12417 9 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wasn't dumb when I went to watch my brother play in '97. Saw Junior Seau kill a jellyfish, rode the elevator with Tom Coughlin, and then there was Ricky Watters' girlfriend. Yowzers.

Wow. Color me impressed.

Hey did I ever tell you about the time I got on stage with Janes Additiction or partied backstage with Guns n Roses?

Also, one time, I saw a blimp!!!

#12424 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ve often wondered this myself.
I will say though that the saltiness that will emanate from Boston when this crazy run they’re on is finally over and the Patriots revert to the mean is going to be a lot of fun for the rest of the NFL to watch.

Well We’ve all been waiting for 10 years.

Another 5 maybe?

#12425 9 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cool. I was an extra in the Dark Knight and got knobbed by a Playboy cover girl. We all have our little victories, right?

Sorry less impressive than your hanging out with your brother stories. But keep ‘em Comin!

#12427 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What kind of Knob was it? Are we talking door knob? Was it one of those really big old medieval looking ones? Sounds painful regardless of whether it was a cover girl or Bubba from D-block who knobbed you.
Did it feel like "a little victory"?

The French call the orgasm the “little death.”

Maybe dirtbag is French?

#12446 9 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I started losing a lot of respect for the NFL in past years and it has turned into a joke. The whole taking a knee thing, to me, was a disgrace.

OH BOY let's bring this pointless and endless argument back!

Thanks man! I was sick of not talking about this!

I kind of wish all the people who threatened to go away and never think about the NFL again had left and gone away instead of hanging around to remind us of this every few months.

#12450 9 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Sorry. I probably should not have mentioned it, but that did bother me.

And it didn't bother me at all. Thought it was great. But you don't see me bringing it up all the time.

GET OVER IT. IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO.

For the love of god. Please. Thanks.

#12451 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What is the preferred nomenclature? At some point, knobbed apparently became pegged. Doesn't make any difference physically. But still, I would prefer to "ride the elevator" with Tom Coughln rather than go through a pegging or "knobbing" as dirtbag has done.

I once was in an elevator with a bunch of Orioles including Mike Mussina during Spring Training. And right as the big "stolen valor" scandal was breaking I was in an elevator with Brian Williams when I went to visit my girlfriend at work at Rock Center.

Anybody else ever been in an elevator with anybody famous? Did they knob you, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean?

Come on let's hear your stories! We still got a week to kill till the Super Bowl so tell us about your love in an elevator!

#12454 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m suddenly wanting to add an Aerosmith pin to the line up...

Oh! Good morning Mr. Coughlin....going...down?

#12471 9 months ago

In my experience, people who talk about that all the time are actually overcompensating, likely with latent homosexual tendencies.

So please continue regaling us with tales of all the times being your brother's brother got you laid.

#12477 9 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

So after much rumination, I have decided I will cheer for the Pats this time. I think this is a first for me.
The Rams have a lot of big names, and probably the most stacked roster in the league, but I just hardly ever watch them. If Gurley is limited or out then I can't get behind them just yet.
The non-PI also makes it hard to get behind this run, but to their credit they did do what it takes to win the game after that, and the Saints did not.
So yeah, I guess I'm a Pats fan? Stay tuned for next week's post, where I argue the misunderstood and underappreciated natures of Lord Voldemort, Skeletor, and Anton Chigurh

I'm backing the Rams cause like everyone else i hate the pats and their obnoxious fans, and I'd love to see McVay win a ring as he's part of the Redskins family. And because him winning one will enrage and depress Dan Snyder, perhaps to the point of suicide.

I've also always like those Rams helmets. Patriots lost me when they got rid of the colonial dude hiking a football.

#12505 9 months ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

A tie game in the 4th quarter and you guys bitch?

Yeah no complaints here. Good game.

#12507 9 months ago

I’m seeing a nice clean defensive struggle
with big hits and few flags, refs lettin em play. Figured you Neanderthals would be into this lol.

It’s practically 1935 with this shit.

#12512 9 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Not watching the game fellas. My only home is that the refs blow another call and cost somebody the game. (Very salty today)

Game was called excellently and cleanly actually. Probably the best called game I’ve seen all season.

Sorry man.

#12515 9 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

How do you think the Saints would have done against the Pats Levi?

No clue.

But I think Ali would have beaten Tyson.

I also know it’s been like 4 hours since Cheatbag66 has come in here to whine about the patriots cheating.

I hope he’s ok! Someone should check in on him.

#12521 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Goff had the yips all game. Most of his throws were floaty and inaccurate. NcVay couldn't adjust his offensive scheme like Andy Reid did. The offensive holding call on the Rams in the fourth quarter was a killer. But 3 points is just pathetic. It's almost as if Belichick knew every play the Rams were going to run.

Yeah you put some 30-year old up against Bill I guess we should have seen it coming. McVay got McSchooled.

Still I've seen far worse Super Bowls surprised to see all the grousing. Remember the 80s when ever single SB was a blowout?

#12528 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think he looked drunk. I think the shot they were going to give Gurley's knee accidentally made it in Goff's neck.

It's a boring vs interesting situation. Those 80 & early 90s were all blowouts but they had great plays that are still remembered today; This thing was a total shit show. Close for the whole game but it wasn't so much tough defensive play both Qbs were just throwing shit in the dirt or whatever the fuck Goff was doing.
All I could think Was Balt NYG 2001...and at least that Defense was a beast.
This should easily go top 3 worst easily (that anyone currently remembers).

These days I truly have trouble remembering past 2 or 3 years. So yes this was surely the worst in the past 2 or 3 years!

#12546 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is the only thing I will ever remember this one by...
[quoted image]

Kraft was so drunk he would have kissed Namath.

#12578 9 months ago

Man things are getting testy around here.

Look it’s been an emotional weekend for all of us.

All I know is that your team cheats dot com.

#12584 9 months ago

I don’t get what’s going on here.

I think we are all mature enough to have fun here without dragging stupid NFL beefs elsewhere into the forum.

Let ‘em play refs!!!

#12600 9 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Charlie Ebersol has a football league starting soon. It will be competing with McMahon’s XFL which comes next year.
Will be surprising to me if either has long term success... but networks have such a hard on for live programming now.
I think Vince’s league has a better TV deal but Embersol is getting out there first.

Will they ever give up on this stuff?

It's a waste of time. Nobody wants to watch sub-collegiate pro football.

The nostalgia for the XFL is insane. It was absolutely embarrassing and unwatchable.

#12605 9 months ago

Is there anything more miserable than a Patriots fan?

Cheer up! You guys just won another Super Bowl!

Am I allowed to announce Facebook ignores? I've got all my Pats friends on 30 day snooze.

Even Eric Stone! That one hurt the most cause I love that crazy bastard.

My Brother in Law I won't miss much, as he's also an annoying Phish fanatic.

#12608 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

HC of Browns 1994 was the last playoff game the Browns won.
We all think of the Browns as a sad sack team but they made the playoffs 27 times out of 48 years up to 1994. Since then one Playoff appearance (although some of that time they didn’t exist).

We are all sad sacks except the Pats. It's their league we all just visit it.

SUCK IT HATAS!!! YOU GOT BRADY'S D IN YAH MOUTH!

JETAH SUCKS!!!! GO SAWX!!!

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12610 9 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see one programming note during the Super Bowl about the AAF. Interestingly, NFL Network will be televising games as well.
https://programminginsider.com/2019-alliance-of-american-football-aaf-week-1-tv-and-announcer-schedule/

They got Steve Spurrier to come out of retirement for this thing?!

Be honest, does anybody here have the slightest interest in checking this out? It's not like I'm praying for this to fail but I can't say that I do. Just not appealing.

#12658 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t think anyone could see it being as bad as it was. But they got a shitload of picks...but can they cash them in is the question.

They already HAD the best defensive player in the league and traded him rather than pay up. I really don't get that move.

I don't think the Gruden thing is gonna work out. He was already washed up when the Bucs fired him.

#12667 9 months ago

Wrong. The best SB catch was against the Pats. David Tyree for HOF!
[quoted image]

True. Tyree was a literal and figurative giant of the game!

Plus, he's got the kind of politics most NFL fans can get behind!

HOF! HOF!

#12679 9 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It's kindof perfect timing for football junkies who don't care about basketball/hockey. Summer Leagues always suffered because people are way too busy to care about staying inside to watch a game. NFL really needs a place for coaches/players to go when there isn't a spot on an nfl team. I hope it works.

The XFL also started the week after the super bowl.

#12683 9 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*starts (2020)
"started" would imply it has already begun, which it hasnt. Try to keep up.

When the XFL started it was the exact same time frame. It failed. I was pointing out the timing of the current AAF is no guarantee of success.

“Started” implied I was talking about the original XFL. A 10-year old could grasp that. Try to keep up.

Also you haven’t whined about the patriots in 10 minutes. Are you ok?!

#12686 9 months ago

I really thought XFL was terrible. It wasn’t just that the football was bad (and it was), the whole thing was so lowbrow, dumb and tasteless it just put me off. If your football is awful, “behind the scenes cheerleaders,” Jerry lawlor and an “opening scrum” ain’t gonna help.

It’s nice to hear you guys are enjoying the new league. I’ll check it out at some point if it doesn’t go tits up. Sound like at the very least it’s being run by adults.

#12699 9 months ago

THats all well and good, I simply have no faith in Vince McMahon to produce anything of a quality that I’m interested in.

Good luck to him though.

#12705 9 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I don't have NFL Network but somebody was streaming last night's game on YouTube. The coverage was horrible. The announcers were talking the entire time even over the referee's calls. It sounded like a spring training baseball game. Not a single camera shot of the fans in the stands.
Anyway, last night's game between Salt Lake and Arizona was better than the Sunday afternoon game and the San Antonio/San Diego game the night before.
They said on one of the broadcasts that these players have only been together for about a month. And it shows. The XFL did the same thing you'd think the AAF would've learned from that and given these guys sufficient practice time together before the regular season.
Despite that, I'll tune in again this coming weekend to see if the quality of football gets better. Unfortunately, two of the games are on NFL Network.

Time costs money and every extra week of "chemistry" these guys get will cost the league tons of cash.

Thanks for a different perspective on this, so far all I've seen is "it's great cause there's no kneeling!" and "they don't care about head injuries so it rules!!!!!" and my personal favorite "the players aren't making any money so they are hungry!!!" This is the same stuff more or less I heard about the XFL, and none of it really appealed to me as a reason why I would want to actually spend a few hours of my time watching bad to mediocre football.

I watch the NFL because of its amazing athletes, coaching, quality of the game, and competitiveness. It's going to be hard for some low-budget start up to compete. The fact that the players are broke and I might get to see a QB's brains leak out of his head aren't enough really.

The USFL gave it its best shot because half of the rosters were NFL talent. But nobody can afford to put a league together that way.

#12707 9 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The NFL is on board for the first time since EuroNFL. No chance this doesn't succeed. They absolutely need a developmental league.

Do they really?

College seems to do a more than sufficient job at that.

Ahh NFL World League/Europe. I have to admit that's the last upstart league I actually watched. Helmet cam was a great gimmick. Used to watch those games on USA Network back in high school.

#12709 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha.
There you have it, done deal!

Tits up within 2 seasons.

#12713 9 months ago

It's still curious to me that there was no advertising for the AAF during the superbowl, considering CBS was going to broadcast the game in primetime the following weekend.

I'm pretty sure there was. Several times.

#12715 9 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I saw zero programming notes for the AAF during the Super Bowl. I brought this up earlier in this thread. I thought it was odd. I would've thought sometime in the 4th quarter they would've said "btw kids, football coming up this Saturday on CBS..." but it never happened.

There must have been some bumpers at least in the coverage leading up to the SB.

Nothin online about it except this from last year

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/05/24/nfl-approves-new-football-league-ad-to-air-during.html

If ultimately no ad ran during the actual game, I guess it's cause the NFL didn't ok it.

1 week later
#12726 8 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If this was any other owner it would be a minor story. Because it's Kraft it will be blown way up and include words like trafficking and slavery and will result in him stepping down, 1st round draft pick loss and $1mm fine. For a rub and tug by a guy who is not even married. Mark my words.

Are you out of your fing mind? I'm more than happy to mark your words.

I'm sorry, any NFL owner getting wrapped up in a prostitution and HUMAN TRAFFICKING scandal would have been more than a "minor story."

Is it a bigger story than say, if the Browns owner got busted? Yeah I guess so. Tough titty. Not sure if you noticed but Patriots fans never want to the shut the F up about the Patriots, so you get your wish. When your elderly, drunken owner gets busted for soliciting prostitution from sex slaves, people tend to notice and "blow it way up."

This Patriots fan persecution complex is off the charts. Get real dude.

And he's never "stepping down." Look who pals around with...accountability, apology, and admission of guilt are not exactly the way guys like this roll.

#12728 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely 10000% not true in anyway shape or form; cut the bullshit.
Now, Obviously whom gives a shit, a quick HJ no harm in that what so ever...but lets skip the "pats agaisnt the world" routine here.
Anytime any billionaire gets arrested it's news.

Yeah I'm sure nobody would have noticed if it were Dan Snyder or the Mara family busted in a human trafficking sex slave sting. Would have just been a minor footnote and nobody would have cared or made a big deal out of it.

But the Patriots just can't catch a break! IT'S SO WRONG!!!

#12732 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Even worse, I think it's a fucking set up. Whats the other big headline today?
"Kraft Heinz posts huge loss, slashes dividend and reveals SEC investigation.."
Kraft hookers and Hienz catsup....ummm hello?!?! Fucking NFC plot or that Irsay Colts owner guy got caught again with a briefcase full of cash and a ton of pills. Oh wait we never heard aboot that one I forgot

It's always swept under the rug unless it's the Patriots!!!!!

#12735 8 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Funny, the Haters rarely have their day on the football field but LIVE for offseason Patriots shenanigans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh come on dude like your shit don't stink? LOL @ "the haters." God I'm sick of that word.

If it was the Eagles or Giants owner you'd be throwing a parade. "Yeah they beat us in the Super Bowl but at least our owner doesn't have to pay for sex LULZ!!!"

You really shouldn't take this personally. Robert Kraft isn't your friend or a family member, he's just some billionaire who doesn't give a shit about you and happens to own the football team you like.

The Pats won the Super Bowl and a couple weeks later their owner was busted in a chinese sex slave trafficking sting. So yeah, this story might have some legs.

Some sexy, illegally trafficked chinese legs.

Even Jim Irsay is cringing right now.
My favorite thing about all of this is that we're back in the correct thread.

Well, this IS the Patriots thread.

#12738 8 months ago

I don't mean to pick on Rondogg, and the rest of the Patriots' contingent hasn't chimed in yet, but to me his response is just so striking.

If it were ME...if say, Dan Snyder had gotten busted, my reaction would have been "HAHAH what a dipshit! This is hilarious and ridiculous."

I don't understand the defensive posture. Why lash out at "the haters" here? None of us forced that jackass to (allegedly) solicit handjobs from sex slaves. It's outrageous and a little amusing.

Might as well accept it. This doesn't reflect poorly on you or the team you like, it's about one apparently senile rich moron (allegedly) getting caught (potentially) in a very embarrassing situation. Might as well enjoy the ride like everybody else instead of declaring that all the attention this "minor story" is getting is some kind of anti-Patriot conspiracy.

#12743 8 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If he was part of the trafficking then I will disavow any affiliation with the Patriots, sell my Season tickets and all memorabilia. If he was some old man happily getting a rub and tug, it is a non story non issue. If the Haters try and make this out to be some massive conspiracy when it isn't then yes I will defend him.
Truth is, the truth isn't out yet so slow your roll Levi.

Fair enough, but seriously, I cannot stress this enough:

This is Pinside, not a court of law. We are under no obligation to give anybody a presumption of innocence here and I don't see why we should be forced to.

Like you said, it'll play out and we'll see what happens. It's really just another piece of Patriots "outlaw" lore and doesn't take away from what they've done on the field. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm on Pats' fans side when it comes to all of that "cheatriots" nonsense.

One thing is for sure: there will be memes. Lots of 'em. Hopefully at least some are funny.

#12745 8 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I can't understand why someone with his money would have to resort to something illegal like this. That's why my respect for him, (if guilty,) goes out the window. You would think that he could get women without breaking the law, and being associated with that type of place.

I couldn't understand why Robert Irsay - a billionaire - can't call a cab instead of driving home drunk and on pills from a bar. Dude could hire a limo every night for this. Dude could hire a helicopter.

I think there's a certain arrogance that comes with being that rich. Rich guys get busted all the time for relatively minor crimes which could be easily avoided.

#12750 8 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There is a certain NSA (no strings attached) appeal that goes along with it. How many pro athletes have we heard of that get "trapped" and end up shelling out millions for child support?

I'm sure you've heard the saying "you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave."

So that's your explanation for why he'd go that route.

Why he couldn't go a slightly higher-class, more expensive, and more discrete route with less chance of this embarrassment? There's your arrogance.

#12765 8 months ago

I don't think they care as long as it's not on video.

It's supposedly on video.

But do we all want to see it?! Hey I'm pretty open-minded but Kraft getting a happy ending isn't really something I want to watch.

#12802 8 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Seriously? How old are you?

You don't have to be young to enjoy your mom jokes.

It's just a little depressing when you get older cause so many moms are dead.

Hey your mom is so dumb she saw a sign that said "Disneyland Left" so she drove back home.

#12807 8 months ago

Witten back on the field this season. I predict he's gonna be slow as shit, but still 100x better than he was in the booth.

The guy's an idiot.

He's also a terrible announcer so I guess this is good for me personally? But at 37 a guy like Witten should be looking forward, not getting his brains beat in for another year.

Don't get this move at all. Some are saying it's a "bridge into coaching," but if that's really what he wants seems like maybe actually getting a coaching gig is better than loading up on the CTE for another season.

#12811 8 months ago

I could see him missing the cut. A year away from football at that age isn't going to do him any favors. Levi is right about the coaching path - it's not like he'd have trouble getting his foot in the door and work as a assistant TE coach or something for a year until he inevitably gets picked up (unless he's as bad of a coach as he is an announcer).

Well he wants to be the Cowboys coach, and this Jason Garrett nonsense can't last forever. I'm sure that the carrot Jerry and co dangled in front of him.

#12815 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are about 30 people in the stands for San Antonio v. Birmingham. AAF might not survive another week.

It’s ok. We get to do it all over again next year with the XFL

And then again 15 years from now for some reason.

#12823 8 months ago

I see the Redskins are rumored to pickup Tannehill. That should solve all of their problems!

Even the Redskins brass aren't that stupid. They can't afford him and he sucks ass anyway.

Every single free agent and trade is always "rumored" as linked to the Redskins to help drive up the price. Been like this for 15 years now.

A much more credible rumor has the Skins trading for Josh Rosen, who the Cardinals (with the #1 pick) appear ready to move on from. This would make much more sense as Rosen is on a rookie contract for years and will be dirt cheap, and he's young with potential and could possibly be had for a 3rd (of course the Skins always overpay so it'll be a 2nd).

Of course "makes sense" and "Redskins brass" aren't usually in the same universe so who knows. Maybe having $40 million tied up in Alex Smith and Tannyhill next season is a more logical outcome.

#12824 8 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Don't ever get caught up on a player's physique and combine/pro day stats.
Exhibit A: Trent Richardson

In comparison, players at the combine/pro day with terrible physiques and awful stats usually turn out to be great picks!

#12826 8 months ago

I take the day off of work on Friday and get together with my college roommate so we can tie one on to watch GB trade out of the first round.

Do you really see that happening?

Seems like fans love "trade out" scenarios but I rarely see them happen.

#12835 8 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wow, the Draft isn't for another month and a half. This. stuff. is. so. boring.

Aren't we all glued to our computers watching AAF games to tide us over?

#12842 8 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Pretty much.
I didn't follow NFL Europe cuz of the time difference.
When my brother was stationed in Germany he went to a game and he said the fans would go nuts over field goals but not so much when TDs were scored.

Yeah they loved FGs and punts. Went nuts.

All I really remember about World League was Helmet cam. Great gimmick!

The thing was huge too, looked like a small hair dryer attached to the side of the QBs helmet.

Helmet cam baby!

#12844 8 months ago

Bring back the helmet cam!!

never mind. Gotta go to youtube to watch it.

#12849 8 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

I thought they should have made a play for Rosen. I still think he's worth a first. Missing on a first round pick isn't the killer. It's missing on big contracts that gets you.

Keenum gonna be super cheap, 1 year at $3.5 with Denver eating half his salary this season. Skins still could make a play for Rosen, which I was much more excited about.

All this is is some insurance, does give Skins back some leverage and comfort in the offseason.

#12854 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point, locking in a mediocre guy on the cheap might just keep Redskins from making more costly mistakes at QB.

Skins just can't afford to put any money in QB. They are on the hook for like another 60 million to Alex Smith who will never play gain. Be lucky to walk again.

it's a shit situation but they deserve it.

#12858 8 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Anybody watch AAF this weekend? Actually entertaining games for once...

No, as I'm not bedridden.

I just can't think of a single activity I did this weekend that I'd possibly have considered not doing in order to catch an AAF game.

These activities included: playing pinball with friends friday night. Sleeping in till 1 pm on Saturday. Hanging out with my GF on saturday. Going to a steak house. Working on a Gottlieb High Hand. Delivering a High Hand to Long Island and picking up two games on Sunday. Going to Macy's and getting a nice new sport jacket, 3 pairs of Levi's, and a sharp green sweater.

What were we talking about again? Oh right the AAF. I honestly forget it exists every weekend and I'm reminded only when I visit this thread. Cool to see the 'Ol Bastard Steve Spurrier is still undefeated. Go get 'em coach!

#12862 8 months ago

My head is spinning with FA pickups today. During the TT years we were all but absent from the FA market.
Billy Turner - OT
Adrian Amos - S
Zadarius Smith - OLB
Preston Smith - OLB

Lucky you. We all know FA binges always bring positive results!

Don't know anything about any of those players except ex-Redskins Preston Smith. He kinda sucks. Takes plays off. Slower than he should be. Puts together a couple 8-sack seasons by feasting on a few shitty teams and then taking the rest of the year off. Always seems to disappear in the big games.

He's no stiff but I'm not going to miss him. Just doesn't have the fire, and don't see that changing with a fat new contract.

#12863 8 months ago
Quoted from SteveO:

As a Giants fan, I hate seeing Landon Collins sign with the Skins.

Love hearing that!

#12872 8 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Has any checked on Levi?

Levi's thrilled cause he's a Redskins fan.

Giants getting picked like a Thanksgiving Day 3 turkey bone.

#12874 8 months ago

I remember that well.

I recall the season started with a Lions game that year as well.

#12880 8 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

Lifetime Giants fan here and I say good riddance to OBJ. He has to be the most overrated player in NFL history.

Glad to see you aren't prone to hyperbole.

He's absolutely TORCHED the Skins and I'm sure everybody in the NFC East is glad he's gone. And while the Giants get picks they are still on the cap hook for $16 million.

And the Giants now have one solitary player on offense who scares anybody.

Guess we'll see how the most overrated player in NFL history does on the Browns. I have a hunch he'll make lots of tremendous overrated circus catches and score plenty of overrated touchdowns, leading the overrated Browns on an overrated trip to the overrated playoffs.

#12882 8 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I guess I never really liked the dude either but really, what did he do for them the last 2 years?

The stats and highlights speak for themselves. He had lots of good games.

I'm sure you know the Giants have plenty of problems, which is why the picks are good for a team that's been rebuilding a couple years. But even one of the top receivers in the league - and OBJ is certainly that - can't take a team to the playoffs by himself. Not with Eli, not with that line, etc.

But I have a serious hunch that if you ever get a QB who can actually throw a football anytime soon and a line who can protect him, Giants fans are gonna miss OBJ, big time.

#12887 8 months ago

Dirtbag made a bandwagon mention?!

Didn’t see that coming!

#12893 8 months ago

Play action to what?

Yeah I just see playaction working too well when it's Eli to whatshisname behind that line.

#12902 8 months ago

Olden Tate is on the downside of his career and there's no way on Earth he's good enough to make Eli look good at this stage of the game.

$23 million guaranteed huh?

Strange move for a rebuilding team. Why not just Pay OBJ?

#12910 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Foles to Jacksonville. He’s going to need more weapons and targets to actually throw to if he’s going to succeed there.

I think hell do ok there. I’ve been super impressed by him the last two seasons.

1 week later
#12921 7 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Now games will be 3-1/2 hours long

I'm just not sure there's another solution. Nothing is worse than obviously blown calls. When there's a call (or no call) on the field and millions of people know it because they are watching on TV it's bad for the sport.

How many "I'm done with the NFL!!!!" posts did we see here after the Rams stole that game?

It's probably time to get rid of kickoffs altogether, that'll help balance it out time wise. They are almost all touchbacks now anyway and I don't remember the last time I saw an exciting kick return.

#12924 7 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

tbh, since they changed the kickoff rule which severely limits onside kicks, the kickoff is pretty pointless. No more flying wedge and move the kickoff up? It's become more ceremonial than anything else at this point.

Right. And alternatives for onside kicks (which almost ALWAYS fail now) have been discussed. Give the team a 4th and 15 play from their own 35 and if they get it they keep the ball. Would certainly make it more interesting.

#12926 7 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It amazes me the NY NFL office that supposedly watches each game live with officials, can't pick up a red phone and overturn such a major error as was made in the Saints/Rams game. Replay on pass interference is not the right call here as it can be subjective at times. Should they replay holding calls too? (happens EVERY play).
There had to be a better answer. Ugh.

Well what do you want them to do? Red phone or not if it's not in the rules it can't happen. And you can't just have a "red phone rule" where some guy in NYC (even if it's me!) calls in to disrupt a game and overturn a call. Can you imagine the outrage when that happens? And when it doesn't?!

"Tom Brady ALWAYS get's the red phone call in his favor while my team always gets screwed!!!!!"

I'd think at some point soon you'll see experimental review on personal foul calls as well. The action is too fast, and the results of these flags are too drastic.

#12937 7 months ago

I didn’t know a single person who was paying any attention to AAF.

Why do they keep doing this?

XFL will fail also. Again.

#12941 7 months ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

So what? 469K tuned in to last Saturday's game on TNT.

Lmao

Is that supposed to be a lot?

Its just so weird to me that a guy who made a movie about the failure of the XFL and saw his dad fail miserably with the XFL has this takeaway: wow - a bad pro football league is a great idea!

In the end all we remember about XFL was He Hate Me. AAF doesn’t even have that.

I guess the brief revival of spurriers career is what I’ll remember. And hey I guess he’s the champ by default, best record in AAF history.

#12946 7 months ago

So this is nice...former AAF players fucked on medical, hotel costs. Vendors unpaid. Total fiasco for everybody involved except the three rich people who hatched the plan.

Classy shit league Ebersol!

https://deadspin.com/the-aafs-sudden-collapse-left-players-high-and-dry-with-1833813021

How in God's name are we gonna allow this to all happen again next year with the XFL?

If your reaction to this stuff is anything but "it's bullshit and I'm ignoring it" next year you are part of the problem!

1 week later
#12970 6 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Sorry, it's an outdated picture from when my QB only had 5 rings....
[quoted image]

Your QB huh?

You also taking credit for your owner, and the disgusting Video of him blowing a load at a seedy rub and tug that’s about to be released?

God help us all!!!

1 week later
#12986 6 months ago

Worst pick so far, Giants and Jones?

#12993 6 months ago

Gotta say A+ day one by the Redskins. Two major areas of need addressed and no moronic trades.

Was pretty surprised Pats didn't take Lock. I guess they really think they are getting 5 more years of Brady.

#12995 6 months ago

I just think they're not going to take a QB just to take one. They could very well be looking to secure someone like Rosen, especially since AZ has zero leverage after last night.

Yeah AZ screwed the pooch with that one. I have no idea what kind of offers they were fielding but seemed like they were holding out for a 1st or high 2nd. They won't get either now.

#12997 6 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Haskins did not look very happy to be drafted. We haven't seen that level of excitement since the Chargers took Eli #1 overall.
Makes me wonder if his agent told Washington he didn't want to go there and they took him anyway

No way it's anything like that. Pre-draft he sounded very amenable to coming to the Redskins.

He was probably just annoyed he fell to 15, and probably couldn't fucking believe the Giants picked Hackenberg 2.0 instead of him at 6.

He's a hometown hero so don't see why he wouldn't go to Washington. Doesn't look unhappy to me, more like relieved.

And happy. And he looks good in that hat. Probably thinking about how he's gonna beat the Giants twice a year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/dwayne-haskins-learns-hes-been-drafted-redskins
has (resized).jpg

#13008 6 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jones has the potential to be a great QB, he's smart, got a strong arm, throws well inside/outside the pocket, I think it'll be up to the Giants coaches to get this kid going.

Jones will be out of the league in 3 years Hackenburg style. I cannot they believe they picked him over Haskins. Or Lock. Or 5 other guys.

So many NFL GMs are OBSESSED with big dumb white QBs who can't play. It's a fact. Keep picking them over much more talented players.

#13028 6 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meanwhile, the Patriots (along with Levi's Skins) quietly had the best overall draft...uh oh!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/bj4rp8/rené_bugner_rainbowcave_rnbwcv_2019_nfl_draft/
[quoted image]

And the Bengals had a shitty draft.

Shocker!

3 months later
#13054 3 months ago

Redskins are gonna be absolutely terrible this year. Thinking 5 is the optimistic win ceiling.

#13063 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Better or worse than the Giants, who are also going to suck it? Broncos aren't looking too exciting either, I think it's going to be a long fall. Maybe I'll get some housework done and play more pinball.

I expect the Giants will stink too but haven't been following them too closely. Their offense and D both took big hits this offseason. Looks like a tossup between who is worse.

I think the Cowboys probably take the division. Once Wentz gets hurt again the Birds are gonna be in very poor shape.

1 week later
#13076 87 days ago

They'll be fine, it's not like Carson Wentz is injury-prone.

#13078 87 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

They can take Geno Smith or Paxton Lynch, whoever loses the backup job here.

Probably wouldn't take much to lure Mark Sanchez out of retirement.

#13080 87 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Eagles have two WR who used to be QB in college.
It’s not as tho these games mean a lot. Anyway people get hurt in practice too so what are you gonna do?

At this point you just need warm bodies to get through the preseason. Not really that important right now, but big picture, for the Eagles the backup QB has been a hugely important position the past few years. They are gonna need some quality healthy depth there.

#13106 84 days ago

If you guys really loved tommy you’d set him free.

Continuing to play into his 40s is a terrible move. He’s gonna be shambling around like post-retirement Ali before long.

#13109 84 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t see too many punch drunk QBs out there...eXpecially in the newer NFL.

It's not the "qbs of today" who are punch drunk, it's those who were playing in the 90s and earlier. Check in on Mark Rypien and Jim McMahon and tell me how they are doing. This stuff takes a while to manifest.

I don't see why Brady is doing this to himself. Of all the players in the NFL, none are better prepared for post-playing life than he is.

Adrian Peterson is broke, of course he has no choice at this point.

In reality it's gonna take a couple decades to see if the newer rules and policies aimed at reducing head injuries are having the desired effect. I see huge improvements - watch an old NFL highlights film and you'll be shocked at virtually every play - horse collars, late hits, etc., over and over and over again.

But football is an inherently dangerous game and it remains to be seen if it can truly be domesticated.

#13112 84 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know if I'd agree with that unless you mean strictly financial.
Hmm....I guess he'd get absorbed into the NE business if he wanted and would get a big shot at coaching anywhere as well; fair point.

He's a saint in NE, could pretty much have any job he wants on TV or elsewhere, could be Mayor of Boston.

The world is his oyster. Unless in 10 years he can't remember what an oyster is.

#13118 84 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My line of thinking was he's so tragically fucking boring he wouldn't work on TV but I guess it's hard to tell.

He'll fit right in.

#13175 79 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ok, now you’re just messing with me. Those are again dirtbag’s statements. He is the one with the brother in the NFL. And yes, he is very bitter that his brother was cut all those years ago.

I wish someone would explain to me why he’s pissed off at the Bears for cutting him but not the other 31 teams for deciding he was not worth picking up.

#13196 78 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It looks like I missed two pages of posts I just had to weed through involving racism, Jay Z, and several other issues I’m glad I was absent for.
Eagles will be just fine. Wentz is going to show resilience this season. If he goes down again, then I’ll be concerned.

I’d be concerned now. But I do think wentz has at least one more big contract in him (his first).

More and more we’ll be seeing people like Luck retiring. The NFL should be absolutely terrified.

I know it’ll piss off tons of Neanderthal fans but we’ll be seeing more rule changes, more equipment changes, anything they can possibly do to keep players from bailing out. And that includes paying them more guaranteed money.

It’s going to get to the point where the only people willing to play long careers are insane/dumb players, and people who just aren’t that good/don’t have better options.

I’m absolutely shocked about Luck hanging it up, and can’t help but think about 2012 and as a skins fan, Luck/rg3. Two young players with huge promise who were going to dominate the league for 10 years or more.

Well, both of their teams destroyed these guys, the redskins by sending a compromised, injured guy out to take more hits instead of forcing him to chill, and the colts by refusing to construct a good line until it was too late. “Win now” was the only important thing and now those guys are both done.

The fans are just as bad as the teams. Until the attitude changes - booing Luck?! Dismissing safety concerns as “pussy?” Whining about how players don’t deserve big contracts?

Everybody has a part in destroying football at this point. I don’t see how this sport can continue much longer when you can’t even convince star players that it’s not worth hanging around for hundreds of millions of dollars.

#13197 78 days ago

Deadspin pretty hit and miss but here’s a well thought out piece on what the Luck retirement means big picture:

https://deadspin.com/what-andrew-luck-means-1837554491

#13202 78 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha. I can't believe people are still into communism even now.

Maybe it’ll work this time. They just messed up on the fine details last time around even if the concept was sound.

#13227 77 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

One of the most overrated movies of all time.

But is it obscure?

#13228 77 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

If Luck knows deep down that he won't be able to consistently give 100% effort this season, then perhaps it is best for him (and for Colts team and fans) for him to stop playing now imho.

If only all of the teachers, nurses, and police officers who just weren't feeling it anymore would hang it up, the world would be a better place.

Back in football news, the only division I really pay attention to is the NFC East so my picks:

Dallas - just the most complete team at this time but not world beaters. 10-6 and will lose early in playoffs.

Eagles - Wentz won't last the season and that will be all she wrote. No Foles, no playoffs. 8-8 for these guys.

Redskins - the defense and running game should keep the Skins in a lot of games and buy 6-7 wins, but the offense will be pretty terrible as a whole. O-line is gonna be bad with no depth and all the receivers are unproven (though I think a pretty promising young bunch), and Case Keenum sucks. Look for Haskins to take over mid-season, and I really think 2020 is the year the Skins make their move (it's been a few good drafts, now just need to fix the line).

Giants - they suck. Worst GM in the league, lack of talent all over the place. Eli will be benched by Halloween I'd guess. They are gonna keep getting and blowing high draft picks.

#13230 77 days ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Should be a new thread created each season.

There's like 5 dudes who post in the NFL thread. One thread is enough.

Besides it's fun to look back on several years worth of shit-talking and anthem-kneeling arguments.

#13237 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally somebody brings some sense into the thread, and an unbiased fan.
But how dare you contradict the all-knowing prophet Levi?

It doesn’t exactly take a Muhammad to predict that Carson wentz will get hurt. I'm a Redskins fan and I loathe the Cowboys and Eagles so not sure where the bias is?

How do you see the NFC East shaping up?

#13240 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles
Dallas
Giants
Foreskins
Wentz earns MVP he should have had in 2017.

Geez we are doing the dumb nickname thing now?

Well, I'm sure THE BEAGLES (hehehehehe) will be going places with Josh McCown. Mcnown? I always get confused with that guy.

#13243 77 days ago

Lol, you guys act as though the NFC Least will have any relevance this season. You crack me up.

Not sure anybody claimed they will be "relevant," we are just picking who we think will win it.

I mean, no matter how bad the division is, someone will probably win it right?

RELEVANT !!!!

#13247 77 days ago

Love me some DJax!

He does tend to get hurt a lot as well but when he's on the field he takes the top off the D.

Letting him walk was a huge mistake
by the Skins. And they paid more for a guy who has done less and gets hurt even more often instead. Nice move!

#13304 75 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have always hated the raiders because it seems every punk wants to wear their gear.

1992 called. Wants its stereotype back.

#13314 74 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No shit. 1992 was when we were young verile men and we didn’t know that our nfl heroes were smashing their brains into mush. 1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing. Yeah, 1992 was pretty good. NFL rules were better then maybe for some fans, but they weren’t better for the players. Nostalgia is a bitch my friend.

Yeah it is funny, EVERYBODY thinks 30 years ago was a "simpler time" and that it was way awesomer. Of course it was! You were a kid, or a teenager, and had zero responsibilities or serious problems. Now you are old and beholden to a boss, a wife, the bank, etc. Derrr....things were so much better back in 1855!

1992 was pretty sweet NFL wise as the Redskins started it out by winning their final Super Bowl. Magical season that was. As a Redskins fan life is pretty depressing, so of course we live in the past, it's all we've had since Bush sr was in office. I watched the "Skins 1991 yearbook" recently on youtube and was SHOCKED by the highlights. Virtually every play was a late hit, helmet to helmet, horse collar...it was almost painful to watch, seriously. They'll never be able to make football "safe" but anybody who wants football to be played like it was back then is some kind of a fascist.

#13315 74 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Was watching the Chiefs Niners game tonight. Mahomes looked like a man among boys. His throws were crisp and accurate and he looked confident in the pocket. Garoppolo looked like a boy among men. His throws were wobbly and behind the receivers, and he had happy feet in the pocket.
My prediction:
Rams vs Chiefs in the Super Bowl, assuming Wentz gets hurt and Brees gets old.

This seems like a fair prediction but I just can't help think the Rams window is already closing and that the Chiefs (Reid) will find some way to fuck it up. Is the Chief's atrocious defense from last year going to be any better? Will the Rams have a running game or is Gurley finished?

Brees? Who knows. Logic dictates that time will catch up with him.

Not surprised about Jimmy G. The Patriots have an almost hypnotic hold on the rest of the league when it comes to fleecing them for their useless backup QBs. Has a single one of these guys gone on to success post Patriots?

#13340 74 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Mahomes is crazy talented, and should have a stellar year. That is if Andy Reid can manage the clock properly.

Yeah, likely he'll finally figure that out after 20 years. Reid's a lost cause I think for a super bowl but he's a great coach till January rolls around.

#13341 74 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I disagree.
It was unnecessary, overzealous and an egregious .

J (resized).jpg

Quoted from vicjw66:

You’re just being ridiculous right now. They were trying to cause him to fumble. They hit him before he broke the plane. Many fumbles are caused by a player being sandwiched. There was no cheap shot or intent to injure. It was a bang bang play.This isn’t a video game where as soon as the player breaks the plane the cheering sounds kick in and the players stop immediately. You’re a big homer, I get it. But take a poll and you will see that most here will disagree with you.

Is there a bigger homer here than Colsond?

Everybody is out to get the Eagles, the media doesn't respect the eagles, every tackle against an eagle is a dirty hit, the refs hate the eagles, the loutish drunken Eagles fanbase with its own stadium prison has an unfairly bad rep, cheesesteaks are underated, Ron Jaworski should be in the hall of fame, the Liberty Bell is underappreciated...

I mean most Eagles fans are PROUD of their rep, and he still thinks it's all a lamestream media construct!

#13344 74 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes and no.
All the things you mention yes.

But do those sound like the words of a Eagles fan? Maybe they are, maybe they all sound like that?
Never meet your heroes kids.

Eagles fans seem to have lost their fire since the move to the new stadium along with much higher ticket prices.

But then winter rolls around and youtube footage of them pelting a 12 year old in a Cowboys jersey comes out and realize the beast still lurks within!

#13354 72 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I like the addition of Clowney and I also like what we paid for him

Except for the fact that he’s an expensive one year rental, I don’t really see a downside for the hawks. Will help them big time this season.

#13365 68 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm fucking ready for some fooootball!

Yeah man!

The only thing more fun than complaining about football is watching it.

#13368 68 days ago

Bears are gonna stomp the Pack.

Packers have been exceedingly mediocre for years now, but everybody in WI is convinced they are the center of the NFL universe, which shouldn't be surprising considering the pinside posts that often come out of America's Dairyland.

I think this might be the season that reality finally sets in that the Packers are also-rans.

#13374 68 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not as many as there used to be

Yeah it's eerily quiet!

Hey just a note, and this applies to the rest of the season:

I am not a pro prognositcator. I'm no "Levi the Jew." I do not gamble on football, and I can't stand fucking fantasy (the worst part about the season is going to be hearing about your goddamn fantasy team. Pro tip: NOBODY ON THE PLANET GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM EXCEPT YOU! But I digress)

This is to say that all prediction are for amusement and my own entertainment only, for the entire season (including playoffs). Please do not challenge me to an actual cash bet. Please do not take them seriously. I suck ass at predictions.

Ok, so anyway, I think the Bears will stomp the Pack. Any other takes on this?

#13392 68 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You could have used this disclaimer when you were pimping the Skins to win the NFC last season.

Never trust anybody who picks the skins to win the nfc east.

#13408 67 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

ESPN and CBS Sports both have the Bears missing the playoffs. But what do they know? Hacks compared to a bunch of pinball players and their endless wealth of football knowledge.

Really?!

You don't strike me as a "I'm really into trusting the mainstream media" guy.

#13411 67 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles 28, Redskins 10

I'll grant you the Eagles win (as long as Wentz doesn't partially tear his MCL running out of the locker room), but I don't see any week 1 blowouts in the NFC East with teams healthy and ready to go (most of the Skins team the Eagles blew out at the end of last season is bagging groceries today). The Skins D should be much better then you are giving them credit for, if you are even aware of them at all.

Keenum is certainly one of the worst starting QBs in the league though and I just don't see the Skins scoring too many points. And also...Ereck Flowers...(shudder).

I'd say the Eagles by 4.

As far as what I'll be eating, I just don't have the grilling capacity you guys do (it's illegal to grill on a fire escape), so I'll probably be getting some delicious spicy soy garlic korean chicken wings from the joint down the street.

#13414 67 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'll take the collective knowledge of the people at ESPN and CBS Sports over some dude on a pinball forum any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).

If you really studied the success of their predictions and matched them up with "ours," you'd probably see they are about the same. Their crystal ball is 0% more effective than ours.

Those guys are wrong all the time. In fact, look at the week 1 picks. There are several matchups where the "experts" are literally split 50/50 on who will win. How do you square that?

So do you have any predictions, or are you refusing to participate in the fun because you don't work for CBS?

#13418 67 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sorry you're triggered because someone said the Bears aren't making the playoffs. Sucks to suck, I guess.

Right cause I'm a bears fan.

Again, hilarious to see a guy who uses the word "triggered" in daily conversation putting his undying faith in the media.

It's gonna be a long season around here I can see.

#13421 67 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

“This post was moderated 10 minutes ago. Broken record.”
If I ever see you on the street... [quoted image]

You'll strip off your clothes and chase me down wearing a onesie?

I'm game, baby!

#13427 67 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Antonio Brown to be suspended after confrontation with his GM??

LMAO well that's going well.

#13440 67 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I hope he never plays football again.
[quoted image]

He's too talented and will never run out of chances as long as he wants them. See Josh Gordon.

#13445 67 days ago
Quoted from rai:

But Gordon is just a weed head, Brown is a major jerk.
Least ways if I was taking him on I’d structure the contract that would be 100% voidable if he any starts trouble.

Gordon seems like a MAJOR headcase, not just a stoner. Same with Brown.

The Patriots get away with murder because they are the Patriots and all "geniuses" but I'd have to think if any other team had him on the roster this year they'd be getting lambasted.

CTE is real folks. Speaking of which why hasn't a "CTE Hoaxer" movement caught on? Seeing as how football really appeals to the "science denier" crowd and all.

#13495 66 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, he wasn't very good. Just throwing the ball out there counting on the receivers to make plays. Not the guy I'd want leading my team for sure. Maybe he was just having a bad night, but the great ones rarely do.

Yeah he looked awful. Inaccurate and even when he just heaved it the ball didn't seem to have any zip. The Bears just seem historically incapable of decent QB play for the past 60 years?

I'm glad the Skins have a strong-armed god of a QB like Case Keenum suiting up this weekend!

#13500 66 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If the Bears play like this all year then they could be crippled for a long time due to the Mack contract and what they gave up. They better start winning because the window is closing!

Maybe they can get Mack to play QB?

He's been worth their investment, don't blame them at all. The problem is that Chicago has been allergic to offense since Walter Payton retired.

#13502 66 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Where the Bears went wrong is the qb they chose to build around happens to be crap

Tough but fair

#13535 66 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man, I cant wait until there is enough football to make this thread about football!

Some people have zero interest in football yet want to haunt this place with their endless Social Injustice Warrior crusades. It's literally the only enjoyment they get from football these days I suppose, and it's tough chasing that high that's faded since the "anthem kneeling" days.

I wish they'd go away. There's way better places for that nonsense. Internet is full of great places to endlessly whine about that stuff without letting any actual football talk get in the way.

#13539 66 days ago

I'm telling you guys, just put them on ignore. Is anything they're saying adding any value to this thread ( or really.. any thread)?
It can only improve your experience here.

Way ahead if you, but it doesn’t really matter. you can still tell when someone is shitting up a thread with nonsense.

I guess I just don’t understand following a sport filled with “certain” people when you can’t stand “certain” people.

Like...hockey! It’s just sitting there! And the season is like 9 months long! So why waste your time with the NFL?

#13541 66 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never really noticed but all that fantasy football crap is downright annoying.

Can’t fucking stand it!

I mean I get it and understand why people like it.

But seems like work. Plus You end up rooting against your favorite football team all the time. It’s inevitable.

#13549 66 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, their division doesn’t have much, but 11 wins? That would be a stellar first season as a starter there for Nicky boy.

So foles sucks now?

Dude seems like a winner to me, from what I’ve seen the past couple of years.

#13600 64 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Since David Andrews left the Patriots biggest need has been OL. Not sure this gives TB any more time to make avoid getting sacked 40 times this year.
Kinda bummed...

How about sending a 1st and a 3rd to Washington for Trent Williams?

#13602 64 days ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Williams plays LT, not center AFIK

LOL yeah that wouldn't be much help then. Didn't know they need a center.

Still, guys like Trent don't grow on trees. A resourceful team could bring him in and do some reshuffling with outstanding results.

#13619 64 days ago

Damn Colson, I guess you (and the entire media) were right about a blowout in Philly today!

I know, a long way to go. But skins looking young and fast. I knew D would ball out but be lying if I didn’t say I was shocked at how good the young receivers, line, and Keemun look so far.

#13624 64 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Keenum MVP!!!! Although Lamar Jackson may have something to say aboot that

Dolphins all in on Tua! It’s smart. The Cleveland model is gonna be imitated by at least one team a season.