iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,419 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 10.
#5767 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's Burfects story? I seem to recall he has some history but can't recall. Jones doesn't seem like a thug but Burfect should be suspended for a while IMO.

Burfict has no story. Firey on the field, not a single off the field issue to my knowledge. Pacman is a whole different story. He has taken steps to learn from his mistakes off the field, but still has gotten into trouble here and there.

Pacman and Burfict are just those types of dirty players that every non fan hates and if they are on the team you root for you're going to apologize for them.

Also, the Hill fumble lost the bengal cats the game, nothing else matters IMO.

#5768 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Plus another playoff one and done for ML... just can't see him keeping his job.

Mike brown can. Haha

#5777 8 years ago

Yep. Burfict and Suh operate under a whole different mindset. They are dirty players. But they also make a lot of positive plays that win games. Hence teams want them.

#5814 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think Vikings kicker is looking for a new gig. Perhaps he can block?

Laces were in. Not his fault. I bet he will just do the normal thing and assume the identity of a missing person, get a sex change, kidnap a NFL player and team mascot, requiring the work of a pet detective to bring him/her down.

#5817 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Jordan Reed is a fantasy first rounder next year, fellas.

Yeah for the team that loses their league. Haha

#5825 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I mean I wouldn't have said anything if centerflank hadn't thumbed up this comment, but Reed scored a 24 yard touchdown on the very next play after he posted that.

Haha. Cool. So that proves he should be a first rounder next season? Sorry don't see it. Maybe in a 16 team league, but that's still a stretch.

#5829 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Had more fantasy points per game than Gronk (or anyone else) this year. (Depending on ppr rules etc). He was injured early though.

I don't think any TE is worth a first round pick. Same with QB.

#5832 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I won my league picking Gronk in the first round. Second place guy had Reed (didn't pick him in the first obviously - got him real late). 12 team league though.

Nice work. Not saying it can't work out, just saying I don't think it's a good idea. I win regularly and have never taken a TE in the first round.

#5836 8 years ago

Wow. Skins looked really bad in this game. Good job to the packers. Looking like they could make a run here. The game in AZ should be all time.

#5840 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The skins are mediocre. Best group of receivers in the league, but nothing else special, and a bad defense. I wouldn't put much stock in this game. a good defense can fluster the packers.

Agreed. Makes me wonder if it would be better to take the 6 best records and not division winners. However, skins probably would've gotten in still. A lot of bad teams this year.

#5860 8 years ago

I know all the road teams won last week, but I am going with all the home teams this week. Sorry flank.

#5865 8 years ago

Man. Antonio Brown has already gone through the concussion protocol and is expected to play Sunday. That's surprising as he looked out cold Saturday night.

#5872 8 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know this has already been discussed over and over but, I just need to vent. I've been a Bengal fan since 1968 but this hurt in more ways than one. We lost not only a playoff game but one against Pittsburg a rival. Much as I detest saying it, I can live with that, we lost penalty or not. I can not abide in the message Marvin Lewis called a news conference. Marvin's Summation...........AL THE PLAYERS FAULT!!! Really!!!!! Hill Fumbled, Burfict penalized, Adam Jones (unjustly Flagged) check, check the #ucking mirror Marvin, You are the reason we lost that game!!!! We got the turnover in or very near the damn end zone with a 1:39 and you called a run play.....Trying to force Pitt to use the time outs BULLSHIT! YOU CHOKED! We cant win because you can't make critical play calls when needed. You could have simply had AJ Neal for three then kick a field goal which would have meant Pitt needs a touch down to win.......no excuse this would have prevented the fumble, the penalties and Pitt would have had to get 7 to win. Think that's how a competent coach would act....get the points, lean on the defense that has given you the opportunity to score. Marvin needs to learn a little of that integrity and ACCOUNTABILITY he so loudly touts. Been through some very good and a lot of very bad seasons with the Bengals but, I'm not sure I can if Marvin continues as our leader, I can continue to be a fan.
A #issed off fan

Sorry dude. Completely disagree that they should've kneeled. The right call was running. Bad call by hill to fight for extra yards when there was no need to.

#5875 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Would you rather see your team get bounced from the playoffs on a gut wrencher like the Vikings/Bengals went out or just get completely demolished like the Texans?
Id take the gut wrencher personally, it rots your brain and gives you the hard initial kick in the balls but at least your team competed and belonged there.

Completely agree. The bengals have it away, but they had another great regular season and I have faith that they will be right back there next year. 6th time's the charm!!

#5877 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Does anyone else find the irony in the fact Pezpunk is a Redskin fan?

That explains his man crush on Jordan Reed. Haha

#5880 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Steelers stacked the line and bengals weren't going to get any yardage anyway.

5 yard gain before the attempt to get some extra yards. That leaves a 2 and 5 with one to two more runs to win the game. If they are in the exact same situation next year I hope they make the same decision. Except hold on to the ball.

#5889 8 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Time management is what you're talking and with three time outs left Pitt would not have had better than 45-50 seconds even if they use them. Doesn't fly........Running was not the best move given the 1:39 on that clock. A field goal in this instance given the fact they must drive the length of the field is a no-brainer

You're assuming they make the 45 yard field goal in the cold and rain.

Sorry but I have seen Nugent miss way more field goals than Hill fumble the game away. Plus if the field goal is missed, the steelers have the ball with 1:40 or so at around half field and all they need it a FG.

Sorry. Not going to convince me that kneeling down wouldve been the better call there.

#5898 8 years ago

Ya ya. Bengals will be back next year and hopefully they'll get the last laugh for once.

#5914 8 years ago

I would be very very surprised if KC even comes close to winning this weekend.

#5939 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Fire alarms pulled at the Chiefs' hotel last night. Scumbag pats fans taking after their team.

Stuff happens in every city. Very common and pretty hilarious if you ask me.

#5948 8 years ago

You don't want to bet against the pats in the playoffs. They are dismantling the hottest team in the NFL.

#5954 8 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Good game anyway, Chiefs blew it by a bad turnover and horrible clock management didn't help! But anyone who thinks the pats dismantled them is a fing idiot. Chiefs had a chance but oh well. Maybe next year!
Now let's go pack!

Textbook game of score being closer than the game. Pats had it in hand from the start. Sorry but it's the truth.

#5957 8 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Umm a better bounce on that last play could have tied the game right there? Obviously pats outplayed them but that doesn't always guarantee a win man!
Go Bengals!

Hey man. If anyone knows how a game can go different from one play its me. Just saying that a lot of people were thinking the pats were really in trouble in this game. I didn't think that at all. They are who they are for a reason.

Go Chiefs!!

#5958 8 years ago

I think the Chiefs had the best chance at beating the pats, but still thought it was very unlikely.

Had the bengals played in this game, who knows how it would've went. I do know that the bengals are much better at scoring quick than the Chiefs, so maybe that would've been the difference who knows. I was rooting for the Chiefs but knew the outcome before it even started. The Pats are so good in the post season it's ridiculous. I would never bet against them.

#5961 8 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Ya I hear ya, I'm not sure why people were thinking they were in trouble either? They came in almost completely healthy for the first time in a while. And Chiefs were without Maclin on O and Houston on D. Would have been a huge upset, but I was hopeful!
Go Bengals!!!

I know dude. I was rlike ally wanting your Chiefs to go up into Denver and stomp those fools and have a new blood type AFC championship to give the world some new teams to see go deep. Oh well. Bengals will be back next year and so will the Chiefs. Look out NFL!! Haha

#5964 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No matter how many times I see a perfectly completed end zone fade route it never ceases to impress
Also did Collinsworth describe that as "red hot sex"?

Haha. What a creep.

#5968 8 years ago

I'm gonna make the same call about the steelers game tomorrow. Steelers lose and it's not close.

I think this game tonight is gonna be amazing.

Go Cards! More importantly, go Palmer!!

#5978 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Palmer has never won a playoff game. Pressure getting to him?

Nope.

#5983 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who is that lithe and nimble GB #27?

It's a capable RB wearing a Lacy fat suit. Haha

#5991 8 years ago

I believe it was me that said this game was going to be amazing.

#6030 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Palmer's off the schneid. Drinks are on chuckwurt!

Haha. Anyone that comes to LAX in March, I'll get you a beer. Just happy for Palmer. Certainly a class act.

#6060 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Always thought Lynch was a little overrated. Seattle has done just fine without him... running or passing!

I think that speaks more to the organization and depth of the Seahawks. One could argue that Lynch has been the best RB in the NFL the 4 years leading up to this year.

#6064 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Is anyone else smiling to see Sea getting their asses handed to them?

Nope. Got nothing but respect for them. Great team. Now if this was the steelers getting stomped?

#6089 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Why was that not a Fumble recovery for a TD?

When? On Ben? They called the play dead before he fumbled.

#6093 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

One last run?

huzzah_(resized).jpg

If he plays like he did tonight next week against the Pats, they might lose by 50.

#6096 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hear the steeler fans wear gloves when they play pinball, pretty douchey.

And don't shower. And throw temper tantrums when they drain a ball and blame it on the game not being level. Haha

#6098 8 years ago

That's a good point. But man, those lame ducks he throws, crazy he can even complete passes.

#6106 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just like the team, we're trying to cover all our championship rings.

Yeah yeah, we got it. Haha

#6115 8 years ago

I forgot the game is being played in Denver. Brady is actually pretty bad when he goes up there. I say that game is going to be awesome. Slight edge to the Pats though.

I think the Cards have what it takes to win on the road, but the panthers look unstoppable. I'm going panthers, but would love to see Palmer make the SB

#6139 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Precisely! I'm praying Philly takes another look at Tebow and The Cowboys roll the dice on Johnny. Would make next season in the NFC East a lot more entertaining.

Honestly I think that would make the NFC east unwatchable.

#6140 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Chip likes an accurate passer as well. They may keep him to try it but I'd say they'll end up going a different direction as well. I don't know what he's making this upcoming year but they may release him to save the money if he's just going to be a backup.

He has a similar contract as dalton. Very performanced based and they can cut ties, clean this up coming season or next. Cannot remember.

#6148 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So they are at a HUGE disadvantage in the most important position in football.

Agreed, but they showed earlier in the season that they can beat the patriots even with that disadvantage.

I think both these games are gonna rock. Pats win in OT, Cards win by 7

#6151 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

NE did lose to Broncos earlier in the season (OT) but they didn't have Edelman. Brady with Edelman was the best passer in the league without Edelman was average. In fact without Edelman Brady was dead last in yards per play.

Agreed. But Brady is also very questionable in Denver. If this was in NE, I would be tripping over myself to take the Pats. Not so sure since its in Den. We shall see.

#6155 8 years ago

So Brady in Denver.....yeah. Lot of game left, but woof.

#6157 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

He is getting pounded!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6163 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Broncs hit Gronk in the knees and now he's hurt.

Pretty much the only way he can be tackled. Sucks.

#6165 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought it was funny he took exception to Broncos players saying that's how they would tackle him.

I mean how would they outside of that? They would just bounce off him. Haha that and the defenseless receiver rule eliminates the high hit.

#6171 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The saddest part of watching these last few weeks is the commercials for golf/soccer or whatever "sport" and realizing how sucky the rest of the winter is going to be.

Get into the PBA. Pete Weber baby!!

#6187 8 years ago

That extra point miss burns really bad I'm sure.

#6196 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Manning didn't show me anything 4th quarter.

He showed me that even though he has almost nothing left in the tank, he can beat arguably the best QB in our generation and make yet another SB when many counted him out.

#6199 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

offensive line is not bradys fault. I saw manning sacked a few times for big losses while brady found way to get rid of it. Credit the defense as much as manning in that game.

Brady was pressured all day and had at least a few sacks. He also threw 2 inexcusable picks that were horrible throws. Those combined with the kissed FG and poor coaching decisions lost them the game. The Broncos played better all the way around.

#6201 8 years ago

It would have for sure. But too little too late for Brady. He dug his grave in the first half and couldn't recover. Ifs and buts

#6212 8 years ago

Jesus. Carson Palmer takes too fucking many risks. He has his whole career and will never change.

#6242 8 years ago

Haha. That was one hell of a rant Iceman.

2 weeks later
#6422 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All the commercials sucked like they do every year...other than the Weiner Dog one.

Um Puppy Monkey Baby for the win. Two years in a row Kick start took the best commercial.

And last year

#6425 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This was the best reviewed at my house...and I dislike dogs.
The babymonkey thing gets remembered for being unstteling, I'll give it that.
Last years might have been the worst.
» YouTube video

Haha. I realize my sense of humor is very weird and I get why people don't like the kickstart commercials, but I couldn't stop laughing and I went back and watched it at least 10 times. Haha

#6470 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I miss domes.
I miss a lot of the old stadiums that had so many quirks and were built in a utilitarian style. I went to Fenway this past spring for the first time and the atmosphere on the streets surrounding the stadium was awesome.

Wrigley is like that too. Pretty awesome, and I hate everything about the Cubs.

#6483 8 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

Can Cleveland put another QB out to pasture this year?

Sure. It's really the only thing they do well.

#6488 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

the whole place smells like pi$$, at least it did when i went there 10 years ago.
fun fact: I had food thrown at me at miller park (when they played the cubs) and a beer thrown at me at wrigley. cubs fans are awesome.

The cubs fans in Cincinnati are obnoxious too. They went into hiding for a while there. Now they are going to be insufferable again. I once saw two cubs fans fighting each other at a reds game and they both got kicked out. Haha. It was hilarious.

#6498 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So you need to be fully erect to do a teabag. I didn't know that either. This thread is full of useful information.

Nah. Teabag is putting your bean bag in a persons mouth like a teabag in a cup.

The Roman helmet assumes your a shower not a grower and your flaced dong will just lay on the bridge of the guy's nose. Haha.

2 weeks later
#6514 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think Houston significantly overpaid for Osweiler.

Well that is pretty much how free agency works. All the FAs that weren't overpaid, probably stayed put.

#6527 8 years ago

You heard it here first. The Broncos trade for AJ Mac for a 1st and a 3rd. mark it. Broncos already offered a 2nd and a 4th that I believe the Bengals turned down.

#6529 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm intrigued. Google doesn't seem to have heard yet - what's your source?

Just listening to Cincy sports radio all day. I couldn't find anything either. Just rumors really. But GB just got announced today so......

#6531 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Very interesting - Denver sports radio is all Kapernick with a hint of RGIII, but they completely miscalled Osweiler going to Texans so wouldn't shock me if they're missing the real story again!

What was said was that Elway called bengals and offered a 2nd and a 4th. No word on what else happened, whether is was ignored or declined. But if I know the bengals like I think I do, they hold their ground on trades. That's what they did for the Carson Palmer trade to Oakland and it paid off. We shall see.

#6540 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And the Packers signed no one.......but to be fair, have any contenders plopped down big money? I don't think so, just ass clown operations like the raiders,bears,jets, Texans.

To be fair to the jets, their season turned around big time this past year and they were maybe the biggest spender last year. But you're right, usually not the contenders that are making big moves.

#6545 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Brandon Marshall, the push off King, did have a great year for them

He didn't throw them passes to himself.

#6552 8 years ago

Wow. Sanchez to the Broncos. Sorry Denver fans, I don't see anything close to a repeat this year. Not that really any QB that was available to sign was that great. I wonder if they draft one early?

#6571 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Martavis Bryant for the Steelers faces a 1yr suspension for substance abuse.

Sounds about right.

#6576 8 years ago

And the only F awarded in the NFL post season grades goes to:

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

Standard

#6580 8 years ago

Glad Pacman is back. He's had his issues in the past but has kept his nose pretty clean while here. Oh and he's one of the best CBs in football to boot. I know people think he's a dirty player, but he's really not. Never gets personal fouls.

Also excited to see how Burfict adjusts his game this year. He said the suspension really hit it home and knows now he needs to play differently. We will see.

#6589 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Isn't this the same Pacman Jones who contacted a ref to set up the game losing FG?
Seems to me he's not all grown up.
image_(resized).png

That was pacman's only PF penalty of the season.

#6593 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If he was only going to get one, you have to admire his restraint in waiting for the worst possible moment.

You are 20000% correct on that one. That was a bad night.

#6612 8 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Like I said Bengals are not trading AJ, he's the future of Cincinnati.

Maccaron? I don't know about that. If Dalton keep playing at the level he currently is, Maccaron will be waiting a long time for his turn.

#6614 8 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with Andy but I also think AJ could surpass Andy within the next couple seasons. He has a great arm and shows he's more than capable of making all the throws; what he lacks is Andy's ability to read defenses and progression skill but that will come with time.

I agree the ability to read defenses comes with time, but if Andy stays playing at this high of a level for the foreseeable future, maccaron will be riding pine and have no chance to develop that ability. So I see him as an insurance policy in case Dalton doesn't pan out, or if he wants a kings ransom at the end of his current contract and they have to let him go.

3 weeks later
#6643 7 years ago

Well the Titans better have a good scout team and draft strategy cause if they play this right, they should be a force after all these picks.

#6645 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Chuckwurt be trollin! I hear they are going to trade all the draft pics for Cutler.

Haha. That would be hilarious. Cuntler is a douche and should have to spend the rest of his days in Tenn. haha. Sorry Tennessee and chi town fans.

#6651 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Its cool bro. Just 6 of us left and we're not easily offended

Hahaha.

#6653 7 years ago

How does everyone feel about their team's schedule? Man the bengals are going to have it extra tough this year. Bring it!!

#6662 7 years ago

Since it was Cleveland that made that trade to move out of #2, watch both those QBs turn out to be franchise QBs. Haha. All I know is that until the Browns find someone who knows how to scout/draft, they are screwed. Remember when they had two first rounders not too long ago and drafted Justin Gilbert and Johnnny Football? And and two years before that they spent two first rounders on Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden? Haha.

#6664 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Cleveland's a hot mess for sure. They got a bum deal when Gordon threw away his super promising career for weed. Unlike Manziel, I don't recall if there were red flags before drafting. But again, he threw it all away for weed. He could not wait for weed. Future $40M contract vs weed? Dimebag it is! Cleveland just has a knack. I feel for their fan(s?) Maybe this trade will turn the tide!

I definitely think the trade was a good move. And if they give a lot of the control to Hue Jackson, that's even a better move. We will see. Wouldn't mind the Bengals and Browns fighting over the AFCN for the next decade or so. Haha. Steelers and Ravens can suck it.

#6667 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought Hue Jackson did a decent job in Oakland before he got canned. They were .500 in 2011 which is their best record since '02 when they went to the Super Bowl.

Yeah I didn't get that firing at all. I hope he fails in Cleveland so he can come back to Cincy after Marvin leaves. Haha

#6672 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The US appeals court upholds Brady's 4 game suspension, he must serve it at the beginning of the year.

Just saw this. And his first game back is against the bengals. I'm gonna call this a 100-0 victory for the patriots. Haha

#6683 7 years ago

Pretty crazy that tunsil guy dropped so far. He was the top pick before Titans traded down.

#6684 7 years ago

Wow. I kind of want the bengals to take a chance on Myles Jack if he falls one more pick. I bet zimmer takes him though.

#6686 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wasn't everyone worried about a degenerative knee on him?

Yep, but the bengals can take a chance and if he comes back from it, he's arguably the best player in this draft. It's obvious teams are worried about the knee though.

#6689 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, I was hoping for Ragland tonight but NT was a big need with Raji fizzling out.

Yeah can never have too many big fat guys.

#6696 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm hoping the Bengals look at either a NT or a LB. Peko is on the downside of his career and the LB core was never very deep.

They are gonna get one WR and the rest is going to be defense for this draft. Next year will be very interesting for them. 11 picks right now.

#6697 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are gonna get one WR and the rest is going to be defense for this draft. Next year will be very interesting for them. 11 picks right now.

Bengals have really no more options for WR. I bet they get one tomorrow.

#6703 7 years ago

Dude broke all of Larry fitzgeralds records and now he's a bengal!! I thought all the good WRs were gone, but this guy looks legit!!

#6706 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

New look Bengals for ya man. I think this looks great.

image_(resized).jpeg

Haha. Cool little app you got there.

#6712 7 years ago

Bengals killed it in the draft again. Great value picks and didn't reach for anything. I love how they draft.

2 weeks later
#6733 7 years ago

I say Bengals v Pack Super Bowl. See you there Flank.

#6735 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Bangles need to win a playoff game first before dreaming of the Super Bowl.

Well duh. It's impossible to make the Super Bowl without winning a playoff game.

#6737 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

WHO DEY Baby!!!!!!

Did you see some clown said the bengals are going 4-12 this year? I think it was an NFL.com article about the top 111 fantasy players. I wonder if he would be willing to put his money where his mouth is? I'd take that bet all day.

#6739 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can easily see another PIT/CIN Wildcard match up. The Bengels will be much better next year and will probably be up 21 points in the 3rd. Of course they are the Bungels, the most horribly coached team in history (excluding the Lions that's a given), and Marvin Lewis will have the team hit the showers thinking the game is over and lose by forfit.

That would be one that I have yet to see, and also wouldn't be surprised. Haha

#6742 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

HAHA...I love you guys. You're like the Ohio version of lions fans. Well actually I guess that might be Cleveland.

Um at least the bengals make the playoffs consistently. Yes, lions fans are closer to Cleveland fans. Actually the Clev fans I know know that Clev is hopeless. Didn't realize DET fans were so delusional.

#6747 7 years ago

The day Ben Rapelistburger retires might be better than the day I witness my first bengals playoff victory. Haha

1 month later
#6764 7 years ago

Cannot wait for the season!! I predict a bounce back for Jeremy Hill (in a big way), Dalton stays about the same but remains healthy, Eifert is banged up all year, AJ Green is a top 5 WR again, and the Bengals finally win a playoff game!

Who else has some predictions other than predicting against mine? haha.

#6767 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Steelers will be on fire this year and defeat an 'unknown' Division 'rival;' again in the playoffs like always.

Haha. Wanna make a friendly wager on who finishes with the best record? Steelers or Bengals?

Loser donates $10 to pinside in the winners name. Tie breakers follow the NFL tiebreakers if they finish with the same record.

#6769 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I see you're trying to pull some standard Bengels shananigins here. This shows me that even you think the bunguls will have a better record but lose to the Wild Card Steelers
I'd rather have further in the playoffs first factor, then record if possible. But I'll leave it up to you. I'm in for whichever.

haha. seems like we are in agreement with the fact that the Bengals probably will have the better record, but lose in the playoffs before the Steelers.

How about this one? Bet changed to I bet the Bengals make the playoffs, and the Steelers miss the playoffs.

#6773 7 years ago

Hey guys,

If you are paying full price for NFL sunday ticket, call Dtv asap. they have a promotion to get $10 off each monthly payment for the ticket right now. Might be able to get better, but that was the best I could do for my account since I had it for free last year.

#6777 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Cutlers won more playoff games than Dalton, just sayin, lol

The law is a steelers fan. Haha other QBs with more playoff wins than Dalton:

Tim Tebow
Mark Malone
Steve Walsh
Bob Lee
Scott Brunner
T.J. Yates

#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plus KPG is back so maybe that will help.

Yuck

#6796 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Rawls will be ready for game 1! Super stoked, I see another Superbowl in the Hawks future!

If you get an early pick in fantasy, you taking him?

#6798 7 years ago

Dalton is a top ten QB in the reg season. Playoffs, not so much.

1 week later
#6817 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Leveon Bell suspended for first 4 games

Hahaha. What a dummy.

#6822 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just saw a headline that said "LEGENDARY Coach Dennis Green..." I don't wanna piss on the guys ashes but WTF? I guess legendary for going on a tirade.

Might be referring to his assistant coaching roles too. But yeah he was a bad head coach.

#6824 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He doesn't have any good ones.

Haha. Well then I have no idea.

#6827 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

How hard should I root for the N.O. Saints this year?
Root hard and help will them into the play-offs, -or- give up early on in the season to help keep my sanity?
This is a real question.
They could make it as a wildcard team this year, correct?

If they finish with the 5th or 6th best record in the NFC, sure.

#6830 7 years ago

Yeah I just think there are too many good teams in the NFC for the saints to make it.

#6840 7 years ago

It's crazy that you can just keep screwing up and then get reinstated eventually. I mean how many second chances do you get before finally getting banned? Last round pick for me is gonna be Gordon to hope for lightning in a bottle this season. Not likely though. When is the last time he actually played? A season and a half ago?

#6845 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Don't get me wrong the guys an idiot, but it is just weed. I read that the NFL will be really softening their position on weed suspensions.

Agreed on the weed front. No big deal at all. But if this guy cannot follow the rules time and time again, needs to get the boot. I will say the same thing for Vontaze Burfict if he keeps up the on field cheating after his suspension. Makes no sense to me how these players cannot get these simple ideals through their heads.

#6850 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Gordon is trying to beat Steve Howe's record. I think MLB suspended him 9 times for drug infractions.

Dang. I thought strawberry or Doc would've had that record. Haha

#6855 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals started training camp today! Who Dey!!

I say sit everyone until one series in preseason game 3. Here's to a healthy training camp!

#6858 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Starting to have doubts about Tyler Eifert........ (career length) great TE but he's been very injury prone and the position is played a lot inside the LB's, you must be durable.
I see another 12 win season and another year atop the AFC North!

I'm nervous about Eifert too. He's like a lesser version of Gronk. Dinged up all the time, but a game changer when healthy.

1 week later
#6865 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

" Bengals say they are finished 'being stupid'
Cincinnati coaches are using camp to test players on not losing their cool so a repeat of the Pittsburgh playoff debacle won’t happen. "
This time they mean it!

I'll believe it when I see it. talk is cheap mutha fucka!!

#6871 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

There's a reason they're called the bungles and haven't made the playoffs since 1990. There's a whole generation of kids who only know them as losers with ugly uniforms

Wow this is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard about the NFL.

#6874 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

What, truth hurts? Cheapest organization in the nfl. Only team not to have a practice facility. Have a hard time luring free agents because no one wants to play for a cheapass owner like Brown. Besides the recent run with Dalton and the one year with Palmer when he had his knee blown out they're not even relevant the past 2 decades. Go Steelers! Poke, poke...

Have you watched the NFL in the past 5 years? The Bengals are one of the NFL's elite teams. Yeah they suck in the playoffs, but they have one of the best teams in the NFL no doubt.

Free agents?? This is something that the bengals do better than every other team in the NFL. They draft, retain, reward all their stars. Name one big free agent pick up in the history of the NFL that proved to be worth the money, if not a complete and utter disaster. Oh and if all these players didn't want to play for the bengals, why are the bengals retaining all these great players?

Is mike brown a cheap ass? Sure. But what he is for sure is a fantastic businessman. Also, once he gave the reigns of the organization to the people around him that know what they are doing, this organization took HUGE leaps forward.

Name me an organization that has been relevant for the past 20 years. It's simply not possible. Have the steelers, Patriots, and other organizations been more successful? Absolutely. But right now, the Bengals are one of the best run, most successful organizations in the NFL.

They will never get out of the stigma of the 90s and early 2000s, and that's fine. I'll keep watching this great team play and enjoy every minute of it while it lasts.

#6875 7 years ago

There are only 4 teams in the NFL who have made the playoffs the past 5 years

Pats
Broncos
Packers
Bengals

Oh and that's with being in arguably the best division in the NFL. If you think the Bengals are not one of the NFL's best, you're delusional and obviously living in the past.

WHODEY!!

#6877 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Drew Brees worked out pretty well for the Saints. For the most part though, free agents work out more like Albert Haynesworth did with the Redskins than Brees.

Exactly. Drew Bree's was literally the only one I could think of.

Bengals paid Antonio Bryant (WR from the Bucs) 8 million on year deal and he was hurt before he made it to Cincy. Never played a game. That was the last time I've seen them spend on any sort of free agent. I'm glad they've stayed away.

#6880 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

*Ahem* The Seahawks have made the Playoffs the last five years as well.

From what I'm reading they were 7-9 in 2011 and third in the NFC west. I guess that could be wrong, but that's what NFL.com says.

#6881 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Also, Peyton Manning worked out pretty well for the Broncos as well...

Yep you're right. However, if not for his neck, I think we can all agree he probably would've retired a Colt.

#6889 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

That's 100% correct and they made the playoffs with that record. It was the year of the beastquake run against the Saints. Worst record ever for a playoff team.
EDIT: I'm an idiot and stand corrected, that was 2010, not 2011. Carry on

Haha yeah I was gonna say. Cannot make the playoffs with a 7-9 record and be in third place in the division.

That year they beat the saints in the playoffs was crazy. That's what prompted most of the debate that playoff home games should be based off record.

#6897 7 years ago

Worst moment - still has to be palmers injury even though this past playoff game was brutal.

Best moment - probably 2009 I went to the game with my Dad. Palmers last second pass to Andre Caldwell to beat the steelers in Cincy. Was so great to see them win a big rivalry game like that.

#6900 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Those INTs were pretty bad.
It's hard for me to understand how Troy Aikman made the Hall of Fame. He seems like an average QB on a very good team. 4 out of his twelve years he had more INTs than TDs, 2 more years he only had one more TD than INTs and 3 of those 6 years he made the Pro Bowl.

You get the rings you get the hall

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Thought the Bengals starters looked pretty good, especially Geno Atkins against the Vikings starters. Wanted to see more of the rookie TE and Wide receivers but it's pre-season so you never know what may take place.

If Geno and Dunlap stay healthy all season, they are going to be a nightmare for everyone.

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Pass rush looked good. I know it's only preseason and the first game at that but they simply dominated the Vikes offensive line. Hope it continues and some of these rookies work out for us. How do you feel about Hunt? I think he's not going to be a Bengal past this year if he doesn't dramatically step up his game. Three years now for him so he should be ready to answer the call.

I think Hunt has this year to prove himself or that's it. As long as he's serviceable, I think he stays though. They've shown that they will keep guys even if they aren't the greatest players, but fit well into the system. See Peko and Malaluga

#6915 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

How did McCarron look? I just read about a deep pass he threw and wondered if there should be any QB controversy.

Look up daltons numbers from last year and that should put to bed any QB controversy that you think there might be. Remember dalton was hurt for the final 3 games of last season too. No chance in hell Maccarron plays this season without an injury to Dalton.

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If they would have won that playoff game against the steelers, do you think there would have been a QB controversy? McCarron played well those last 3 games and nearly went 3-0. I like Dalton. It just seems there's a lot of noise about him not winning a playoff game but maybe that's coming from national media instead of local media.

That's national for sure. Maccaron is a damn good backup, but I think dalton is going to keep getting better.

Had maccaron won that playoff game, I don't think he would've even played the next game.

#6925 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dang, Goddell dropping the hammer again. Harrison, Mathews,Peppers and Neal will be suspended 4 games if they don't come in for an interview about the PED probe. Interesting

I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison doesn't do that and just retires. I mean he's a backup at best right now.

#6929 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...you keep telling yourself that...He's a bengal slayer

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.

40 quarters.

#6931 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

40 quarters...Ok so we're not counting the Playoff win for Pitt...that's fine by me.
Done.

Haha. Good one, but yes only reg season counts.

Also our other bet is bengals make playoffs and steelers don't for another 40 quarters right?

#6936 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I thought someone said CF was back?????

Pinside allowed him to come back, but he told me he ain't coming back. Bummer.

#6940 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I bet the bangles will loose in the playoffs

Hey now! Us struggling fans need to stick together. But I think everyone can agree that the Browns are not going to lose in the playoffs. They will have an unscathed record of 0-0

1 week later
#6949 7 years ago

There's still RBs that can go in the first, but they better be pretty awesome. Maybe like one a year is worth a first, but you're right, their value has plummeted over the past 5 or so years.

#6955 7 years ago

I have the ticket again. They didn't give it to me free, but I only had to pay like half price. I'll take that.

#6990 7 years ago

Vikings should just trade their next few first rounders for Maccaron.

#6992 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Then what are you going to do when Dalton tears his labia.

When? You say that like its a guarantee. I'd imagine they will do the same thing as the Steelers if Big Ben tears his. Phone in the season and laugh all the way to the bank with those extra picks.

#6998 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was wondering the same. Then again I remember Derrick Rose

And I remember that UL bball player that had that gruesome compound fracture during the NCAA tournament. Apparently was a stress fracture he had, waiting to explode.

#7003 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This game will be risky, I hope Marvin keeps the starters out. Tough opener for Cincy, the (Jets) we will need everyone healthy.

Dude I'll be surprised if I know a single players name tonight.

#7007 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Only two teams went 0 - 4 during the pre-season, the Saints and the Browns.
That's bad, correct?

Nope. It's preseason. Any injuries?

#7013 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody else playing Fantasy Football for the first time? No idea what I'm doing. Any tips? Draft starts in an hour.

Don't draft a kicker or defense until your last two picks.

#7015 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks! What position do you guys try to pick first? I figured QB, but Yahoo auto-ranking indicates RB and WR.

Wait in QB for the first 4-5 rounds at least.

#7017 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Drafting Forsett seemed legit

Did he go down? That Ravens backfield is a hot mess.

#7019 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He got cut!! Then apparently resigned, but that doesn't bode well for his fantasy pts

Whoa. they rolling with that Dixon guy or buck Allen I guess?

#7023 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He's still their #1, not a bad grab late but I wouldn't want him as my RB2

Totally. I avoided all Ravens like the plague.

#7024 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I had one of the last pics in the first round. Picked Cam Newton as RB and WR names I recognized were already taken. He's kinda unconventional with the ability to score on the run so figured I'd grab him. My Yahoo draft grade was a B, so 2 teams scored better than me (A- and B+), 5 scored the same, and 4 scored worse (2 B-, a D+, and a D). Considering I'm a bit clueless, I don't feel too bad.
Any tips on waiver wire?

Well I wouldn't have picked Cam in the first or second, but it's always good to pick guys you like.

#7040 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yahoo draft grades are garbage, to be honest. I always get Cs. That's because I refuse to take more than 1qb and 1te. It always gets me for lack of depth. Why would I grab an extra QB when every other person in my league has 2? By not grabbing an extra QB, I essentially free up a roster spot while having access to any number of favorable QBs based on matchups..

We do an auction waiver in my (favorite) league. You get $100 at the beginning of the season, you can bid on a guy if you want him on your roster. In a normal league where there's no reason not to grab a waiver, there really isn't a lot of strategy.. just take a look at your prospect compared to your bench - do you think that waiver pickup has more upside?
As stated above, I hate wasting bench positions on QBs and TEs. You're going to start your QB for like 12 weeks out of the year, so why eat up a bench spot with an extra QB? Same with TE in most cases. I'd much rather have a WR or RB on my bench that has a lot of upside and could be played at a flex spot with minimal risk if he looks like he's catching fire.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#7043 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

My CBS team was graded A- and I think my team sucks. Half my roster is on a bye week 9 so someone will get a free win on me that week.

I like that. Means you'll be at full strength all other weeks.

#7045 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Except that I drafted bad boys Bell and Brady. Somehow, they still have me the favorite week one so we'll see.

Haha. Wow. Yeah good luck weeks 1-3. Should be plenty of QB help out there though.

#7050 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Good idea. Having two good QBs seems pointless because it becomes a toss up of who to start.

It's also very hard to trade QBs unless someone is absolutely terrible there.

#7051 7 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png

Went RB heavy here and praying Gordon is a beast when he returns.

#7052 7 years ago

Went WR heavy here.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It has been at least 5 years since I played fantasy. Last time I played I was one win away from winning my league but there was more emphasis on getting a good QB then. I may have made a mistake getting both Cam and Brady.

I agree on Thomas but I looked up his stats at the end of the year and they were pretty solid even with their offense being so piss poor. Those elite WRs always find a way to get the stats.

#7060 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I like your Baba team. I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

I'm agreeing more that I look at it. Just worried about WRs, and a repeat of overall weak RB play from last year.

#7069 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One of my 4 teams, lol, 12 team league

Nice WRs. Not gonna lose too many games at those spots.

#7073 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It's funny because I'm usually a RB first guy but there are a lot of RBBC now in the pass first NFL

I hear ya man. I've been doing this since 2000, and it took me till last year to finally breakdown and admit that WRs are much more safe now.

#7102 7 years ago

Excuse me sir but what is a flankerback?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7112 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

ESPN Fantasy isn't working for me right now. Anybody else had this issue?

Yes. It's down. Sucks.

#7114 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow, I can't say the Bengals "D" played all that well but, we came away with a very tough win! Dalton did very well while under considerable pressure the entire game.

The bengals O line needs serious improvement or else it's gonna be a long season. Bodine was absolutely horrible. Great teams win ugly, so I'll take it jets are a damn good team.

Defense needs to get better pressure or the better QBs are gonna kill them.

#7115 7 years ago

Also. AJ green made Revis look like a high school DB.

#7122 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins

Haha. This was the dumbest thing in a post full of dumb things. Steelers are going to cruise tonight.

#7127 7 years ago

Let's open up the discussion on want constitutes a catch for everyone that just saw that play. Since it was ruled that he didn't make a football move, what if a receiver catches the ball and doesn't move. Just stands there for a few seconds. Then someone comes along and strips the ball. Is that a fumble?

I think every ref on earth would call that a fumble. That's why the football move thing always confused me.

#7129 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that was a fumble and some bullshit. But hey that's football. Either way I don't see Pittsburgh "cruising" tonight.

Then I suggest you start watching the game. It's only gonna get worse for your redskins. You don't capitalize on the opportunities that the steelers rarely give you, your team is effed. Believe me, my bengals have been great for the past 5 years and still struggle to beat this team. Steelers are the hardest win in the NFL outside of the patriots.

#7134 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uh never mind
Fortunately I have any Nyc pinball league match starting in 5 minutes! Let me know what happens...

I have a feeling you'll do much better in league. Good luck.

#7135 7 years ago

If josh Norman is the DB he says he is, he should be on AB all game. I think he's the most overrated player in the NFL.

#7142 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Williams is the oldest running back in the league and he demolished the Skins.

I think I could demolish that run defense. Woof

#7145 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree that pitts O-line is pretty good but it looked to me that teams can run on their D-line.

31st against the run last year and they looked even worse last night.

#7147 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice to see the Pats win after the way the league tried to shaft Brady. In the end he will come back refreshed and have the benefit of a 12 game season to keep his old body fresh. I would not be surprised to see them 4-0 or 3-1 when he returns. The Cards were by far the toughest of the first four games. Texans are OK, but the Bills and Dolphins both suck.
It was really great to see my Bucs playing well, even though it got a little scary at the end. The more I see Winston the more I like him - on and off the field. There is something about a QB that has a nose for victory the way he does. He seems to only care about the W and not his stats. To me there appears to be an intangible drive to win that could make him a great leader and hopefully a Champion someday.

Mike Evans is a beast. Love watching him play.

#7150 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So I think I've got 3rd waiver wire pick this week. I've got 3 add/drops I think I'd like to do. I should get at least one of these.
Add Drop
WFuller DFunchess
Eric Ebron Martellus Bennett
Jalen Richard Marshawn Lynch
Here's my team....

I would move jalen Richard up one. Eric Enbron isn't really an upgrade on Bennett in my opinion. Roll with Bennett.

#7152 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks! After week 1 my thinking is he is going to be a last choice for scoring. I was surprised even with Gronk out he still wasn't used much. Still just 1 game though and not like I totally know what I'm doing.

Definitely don't freak out after week one. Need to keep him at least until a couple weeks after Gronk and Brady are back. A few years back when Gronk and Hernandez were the TEs they both were great. Bennett can definitely do that as well.

#7155 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I didn't really understand before, but a friend just explained to use waiver wire sparingly since I may be able to pick these guys up after waiver wire is over and not lose my spot. Maybe I shouldn't use it at all on these guys? This week I'm showing a roughly 15 point estimated lead over my opponent.

Yes he is right. Just let the waiver run and see who is left after everyone uses their waivers. More than likely if you don't use your waiver claim this week you'll move up to the number one spot. Then you can save it for when there is a must have player out there.

Also make sure hat is actually how your waiver system is set up. It can be set a number of different ways.

#7161 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We won 14-2 in our opening match in defense of our title!
Cruisin' to a repeat?
But forget that shit, let's talk fantasy football!

What's your team like Levi? Did you win week one? Sorry you don't like talking about it, but all the regulars in this thread do.

#7164 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't do fantasy. Because (surprise!) it would be full of Redskins and I would always lose.
I've seen how it works. People end up rooting against their own team all the time and all they want to discuss is their fantasy team.
I'll stop whining about it. I'm just surprised nobody wants to discuss real football in an NFL thread and only want to talk about their fantasy team, which nobody besides them cares about. I'd suggest a separate fantasy thread, but then nobody would post in this one and it would die quickly.

Just check out the thread on Thursdays Sundays and Mondays then. It's all real life football. In between then it's either talk about fantasy or Colin kaepernick standing or not standing. Gimmie fantasy during those days please.

#7176 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Let's go Jets tonight!
I don't know how Rex Ryan (and Rob Ryan for that matter) still have jobs.

Rex made it to back to back afc championship games duh. I think you get tenure after that. Haha

#7181 7 years ago

Also, the fact that there's only 45m of real football in a 3.5 hour game is annoying.

Actually I think it's closer to 10 mins. Haha

#7182 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody else have Demaryius Thomas (WR Denver)? Thoughts on playing him? I'm inclined not to, but wonder what others are thinking?

As long as he is playing, I'm starting him.

#7184 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok, it looks like he is going to play, so I'll put him in the active lineup and watch for updates.
Do the coaches bluff much with stuff like this to mislead their opponent?

Tom Brady will be listed as questionable for every game this season, and I guarantee he doesn't miss a snap after suspension. So, yeah haha.

#7186 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Gotcha. I see Baltimore defense adds trending on Yahoo the last couple days. I'm guessing because Cleveland offense is expected to be a mess. I figured I'd be mostly sticking with my defense (Carolina) through the season. What do you guys do? If you have a good defense, do you ride it out, or is it sometimes worthwhile to add a second defense (if available) when they have a really advantageous matchup? I hope that made sense.

I almost always stream defenses based off match ups. At some point this season the horrible NFL teams will rear their ugly heads and deem any defense a good play against them. However, if you have Denvers or seattles or Carolina's defense, probably okay to roll with them each week. Also never carry two defense's U less you have more than 5 bench spots.

#7189 7 years ago

You can still get super chexx bubble hockey new?

#7195 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I woulda thought commercials were over half the time TBH. lol "shots of players standing around"
I used to use the skip 30 seconds button on recorded games as soon as a play ended. I could watch every second of action in about 20 minutes. That was fun for games I didn't care much about, but you do lose much of the tension that way.
Then I switched to a Harmony touch remote and have not been able to figure out how to program it to simulate that button. So now I'm using two remotes during recorded games like prehistoric man

Is your harmony remote reliable? I have one of the more base models and while all the online customization for how you can set everything up is awesome, I find that it doesn't always do the commands I want consistently.

#7198 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Is the NFL doing ugly uniform Thursdays again this year? I wasn't digging the Bill's all-red look.

Yeah they are. I think the bengals uniforms look pretty good.

IMG_4709 (resized).JPGIMG_4709 (resized).JPG

#7208 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hows that working out for ya?

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't last long!

#7216 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I need 18 points out of Alshon Jeffery tonight to win. Just 2 touchdowns and 100+ receiving yards. It's possible right? Ha!

You never know.

I need four points out of Ryan Matthews tonight to win. Hopefully he doesn't screw me.

#7219 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yowzer. You must have some custom scoring in that league.

Flank is the commissioner so that's all you really need to know.

Brees and Luck scored over 100 points each last week.

#7230 7 years ago

Hey now, it's still mathematically possible. Haha

#7233 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

right now I am more focused on the 5 games still needed for the cubs to wrap up the season with home field. It is pretty rare I get to think about October baseball
it also helps ease the pains of 0-2 Bears start (Packers losing to viking of all teams also helps)

True dat. The real test starts in OCT though. Can you imagine if the Cubs blow it again? It would make us Bengals fans look like we got it easy.

#7240 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I have no idea how "fantasy" talk is killing this thread unless some just really like to bitch. Even then, it's satisfying the need to bitch, so WTF? Aren't you happy having something to bitch about? Participating in a fantasy league has made the regular season a lot more interesting to me. Keep the beer flowing and the TV on the red zone channel and I'm good Sunday.
Back to FF, anybody else's entire roster questionable and hindered by 3rd string quarterbacks?

Go back and look at the two peoples' forum activity that were in here bitching the most about it and that should be all you need to know. Haha. I kid I kid Levi and Hilton.

#7241 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Back to FF, anybody else's entire roster questionable and hindered by 3rd string quarterbacks?

Knock on wood I've been unscathed so far. Had Keenan Allen in one league but I went WR heavy in that one, so wasn't that big a deal.

#7243 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Week 3 and I'm pretty sure I should be fitting Cruz somewhere in with my starters.....

Yuck. That roster is sloppy. Haha. Banged up is an understatement

#7245 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah and Corey Coleman has a broken hand so he is beyond doubtful. I went ahead and dropped him. Welcome to the roster Quincy Enunwa. Whatever.....

Yeah man. It can be tough sledding sometimes. I've had those years for sure. but like you said, best part of fantasy is it makes you engaged for every game. Pretty soon you'll know the dept chart of pretty much every team. Haha

#7248 7 years ago

Is Bill Belichick the best coach ever? I just cannot think of anyone that comes close to him. I mean, I still can't pick against him tonight while against a great defense, solid offense, using a 3rd string QB, no Gronk, etc.

Crazy.

#7251 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's not even a question; and I hate him & the Pats. Unless you give a ton of credit for inventing new systems and things, what he's done in the cap era is unreal.

They've been good since 2000. Has any other franchise even come close to that amount of success?

#7255 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well the Colts were like that before giving up Peyton, Caldwell, and Polian. I have hated the Pats as well but I definitely acknowledge how great they've been. I'm not sure they have as much success without both Brady and Belicheck together. Belicheck can get by for a short time without Brady but I'm not so sure about a prolonged absence. I wonder if Brady will lose his skills all at once like Manning. Though I think injuries contributed to Manning's downward slide.

But see that's the thing. Brady was lost for a full season. Pats made the playoffs. They lost him for multiple games before. No big deal. They will probably be 4-0 when Brady comes back. Will anyone be surprised by that? I won't be.

When Peyton got hurt in Indy, they instantly became the worst team in he NFL. Thats how the patriots should be without Brady, but Belichick always finds a way, and it's crazy.

#7257 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So is Gronk playing tonight? What do you guys think?

If he plays he will be a decoy. Don't start him.

#7259 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.
40 quarters.

Btw Law, Harrison didn't come close to winning you ten bucks last weekend. One game to go.

#7266 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Although they finished 11-5 with Cassell, they didn't make the playoffs in 2008.

Dang stand corrected. That might be weirder than the year the Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

#7267 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

the Steelers obviously...and the Pats have put them down in a couple of championships games.

I'll look up some more stats today as a fun Friday project. The Steelers have been great too in the Big Ben era, but they are in a tier below the pats for sure.

#7269 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I wholeheartly agree that Bellichick is the best coach ever. Just don't tell the Cleveland fans that. I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked. Bellichick devised a brilliant game plan for a third string qb on a short week. Of course, like an idiot I dropped the Pats defense and picked up the Giants for this week so you know the Redskins will go wild.

And I'm glad someone picked up the Texans D before I could.

#7273 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why no one gets rich betting on the NFL; so hard. Been in knock out pools for years and know a lot aboot the NFL, lose every year to people that know nothing

Yeah Steelers certain(t)ly have those fall off seasons, and garbage after SB seasons.
http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/the-10-best-nfl-teams-this-millenium/

Cool. They did some of the work for me. Pats have only one season since 2000 where they didn't have at least double digit wins, and missed the playoffs twice, one of them they missed and had 11 wins haha. That one had to be like 5 tiebreakers.

Steelers missed the playoffs 5 times and didn't have winning records for 4 of them.

#7275 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yup & as you know steelers in much much harder division

The AFC north did have multiple teams make it into the playoffs more than the AFC east, but I honestly don't think the division matters when talking about he patriots. I mean, if they consistently lost to teams outside of their divisions, sure. But I think their playoff/SB success puts them in a league above the Steelers and Colts.

#7281 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he wouldn't be a WR if he started at QB, so no sneaky 2 Qbs starting that week. I'm def excited to see if bellicheck does it...seems too wacky even for him but I'm sure it wouldn't shock any of us.

He would be listed as a WR, meaning you could put him in a WR spot. So yeah, you could start two QBs.

#7285 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

WR crisis on my team! Who should I start, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, or Brandon Marshall? Marshall is questionable but usually plays through most pain.

Flip a coin for Landry or Marshall. Landry against the browns is a great matchup.

#7289 7 years ago

Not sure if the bengals home opener could've gone any worse. Time for them to really see what they are capable of and shake this off on a short week.

#7295 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1. I wonder if we get a report from Keenan Robinson about how awesome the Giants' locker room is this week.
2. Don't have to hear this nonsense about "haven't beaten a team with a winning record" for another year.
3. NFC East still sucks and is still anybody's division.

https://twitter.com/kmarkobarstool/status/780131965198561280

#7299 7 years ago

Ahh. Steelers getting destroyed. That always feels good.

#7302 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man can the Eagles be this real? Wow...super impressive.

That or the Steelers are overrated. Haha

#7304 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For your sake you better hope not

This isn't college. So I absolutely hope they are overrated and get destroyed the rest of the way.

#7306 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup...that sounds like the typical cincicannati fans jerk off fantasies.

Haha I don't like football that much, but I do enjoy watching the Steelers lose. Actually parties over. They switched the broadcast to a different game. Haha

#7316 7 years ago

Bengals better win big tonight. Must win against a banged up questionable dolphins team. Wouldn't be surprised from another prime time let down though. Here's to the former!!

#7321 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I know, his NFL pic is spot on.
Oh snap i like this Bengals dark/Alternate Unis...nice.

Pretty much the only TNF unis I've seen that are any good.

#7327 7 years ago

Here's the bengals D. Hell yeah.

#7329 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hey, at least we don't dress up as bumblebees when playing!

Haha. Well played.

#7343 7 years ago

I thought Jones might have set the receiving yards record today, so I looked it up. Record is held by a guy named flipper. Haha. 336 years. Megatron has had 329 in a game as well.

#7350 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is that blurry picture showing?

It's a video of a blown call. Need audio turned up too.

#7353 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who's to say a Redskins didn't recover it, it was seen by the refs, and then the Brown "pile stripped" the ball and raised it victoriously?

Um because the refs walk over to the scrum after the browns had it for a full 5-6 seconds acting like they still were verifying who had it. Then while ignoring that the Browns actually had it, called it redskins ball.

Browns inmediately get up with the ball in their possession. How is it possible that the redskins had it at any point?

#7357 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the Browns RB fumbled - and I think we all agree he did - then it's certainly "possible" a redskins got possession of it.

I understand that your view of the play is completely biased, but the player goes to the ground, IMMEDIATELY gets back up and has the ball. This is very clear to see on the blurry video.

#7359 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That isn't clear to me.
What did the commenters say during the broadcast? What was the outcome of the mandatory turnover review?
It seems silly to Bring up "bias." I mean, why would I care about this non-controversy that only seems to matter to a guy on Twitter? The redskins won the game.

I didn't watch this play live, but I do know that the refs reviewed and said the play stands (which basically means they probably got it wrong, but cannot tell from video enough to overturn)

As far as non-controversy it seems to have happened in a pretty critical portion of the game. My only reason for this not being a bigger deal is that it happened to the Browns haha. Jk, but I have no idea why this isn't being discussed on every sorting news outlet. Probably because there are too many of these types of bad calls being made each week to go over all of them.

#7367 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, beat me to it.
Carr is a quality QB.
By the way, my Cowboys are 3-1! Dak has yet to throw an INT.

KOD. First interception is coming this week!

#7375 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sweet Jesus we're 4 weeks in and Mularkey is already breaking out the "we're close" excuses. Close to what? Getting fired? Landing the 1st pick of the draft? Jumping off a bridge?

That's a bunch of malarkey if you ask me.

#7380 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The absolute worst NFL commentator right now has to be Phil Simms.

Dan Fouts is worse

#7386 7 years ago

The power of the NFL is real. This game tonight is going to be terrible and I can't wait to watch it. Haha.

#7392 7 years ago

The lag between the radio and TV makes it not an option for me. If there was ok lag I would do the same.

#7396 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Chuckwurt,
No Eifert AGAIN! I think that after he heals up from this latest hiccup if he doesn't play the rest of the season injury free the Bengals should consider trading him while he has value. Doesn't mean shit how good you are if your not on the field you are of no use to the team. Since we drafted him in 2013 he's played in the neighborhood of 14 games out of 47 or 48. That's pathetic. I really like him and he truly is in the top three TE's in the league but damn you have to play or we are just wasting roster space. I'll shut up I just needed to vent a little.

Couldn't disagree more man. Haha. I definitely wish he was playing, but if he only gives them 5-6 games a year that means they will probably have 3-4 more wins because of it. He is worth his weight in gold.

#7398 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know he's an asset it just seems he's never available when we need him most.

Rather have some Eifert than no eifert.

#7399 7 years ago

Well gotta say I'm not surprised by the bengals' play so far today. They have looked questionable all year and ran into a buzz saw today.

#7402 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I started Tom Brady in both my leagues and even had Bennett on one of those teams. Right now one league score is tied at 86 and the other is 51-40. The rest of my teams have sucked and both teams I'm playing still have Aaron Rodgers left to play. It's just not my day.

I feel ya. In three leagues and the only one I'm doing well in is free.

#7407 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How bout dem Cowboys?!

They have a good running game and oline.

#7410 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over.

Actually he does. But playing very well for a rookie. Reminds me of dalton his rookie year.

#7412 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Cowboys look pretty good and I'm liking the kid. If the cowboys give Romo back his job if this keeps up, they're nuts.

You realize jerry Jones is in charge of the decision right? Not sure anyone has called him anything but, nuts. Haha

#7415 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you mean? Hasn't turned the ball over once in 5 games.

You must not have watched today then. Haha.

He fumbled in the 4th quarter. Doesn't matter though. He's playing some great football.

#7419 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jacquizz is such a fantastic name. It's right up there with Barkevious

IMG_4896 (resized).JPGIMG_4896 (resized).JPG

#7425 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Pryor and Carr for Antonio Brown, Flanker couldn't have approved tht fast enough! WTF?!?

I ran it through a trade analyzer and it said legit. If this was a paid league I would've been pissed for it being pushed through though.

QBs are seriously 10 times more powerful than any other players though...

#7437 7 years ago

I think tonight should be a good game if the broncos QB is 100%

#7439 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin Lewis walked out of an interview when it was suggested he should resign.........best idea I've heard in years!

Be careful what u wish for.

#7441 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It would be hard to replace his 14 years and no playoff wins. Well hard because no other team would put up with it.

Joking aside. I think people in Cincinnati assume that any other coach on earth can do better than Lewis and that's simply not true.

#7444 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But wouldn't he be happy to do exactly that if it means the Cowboys can get to the Superbowl with him on the pine?

Of course, but how on earth can he determine that? jerry is gonna put romo back in because he believes romo gives them the best chance at winning a Super Bowl.

#7463 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some day for the AFC North. At least CIN/CLE/BAL were supposed to lose; uff Miami

Pretty embarrassing for the Steelers. Looks like the north is WIDE open.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,419 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 10.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/2?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.