nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 1,516.
#14601 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Week 4 & already writing their home team off!

Denver has always been my favorite team. I know they are going nowhere this year and it is fine.

I have just always hated Matt Ryan, and most other quarterbacks the Falcons have had. The one good quarterback the Falcons ever drafted that I liked(Brett Farve), they didn't even keep him.

#14602 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Browns fans are jumping ship by the dozens. Not sure why.

And when your fan base numbers in the low hundreds, I’m sure each man overboard is sorely missed.

#14603 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And when your fan base numbers in the low hundreds, I’m sure each man overboard is sorely missed.

What a dumb comment.

#14604 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He's a Denver fan.

Fins are going to get killed. Can you imagine being a season ticket holder during an overt tank season?

Season tickets are a sucker bet for ANY nfl team. I don’t understand why people do it.

You are forced to pay full price for two literally worthless preseason games, and you end up losing money most of the time on games you can’t make. For most teams, you can buy tickets at face or less with ease in the aftermarket.

#14605 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Fins are going to get killed. Can you imagine being a season ticket holder during an overt tank season?

To be fair, I almost paid $200 for good seats at the AFC title game in Carson last year, a few weeks in advance.

#14606 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Browns have a very strong following despite the bad years.

Looks like Browns QB and AB are at each others throats now.

#14607 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Season tickets are a sucker bet for ANY nfl team. I don’t understand why people do it.
You are forced to pay full price for two literally worthless preseason games, and you end up losing money most of the time on games you can’t make. For most teams, you can buy tickets at face or less with ease in the aftermarket.

In GB the waitlist is about 80k deep. At a point, I wanted them pretty badly. Now I live 2 hours away, and have shit to do.

Your point about the preseason game is spot on. You couldn't pay me to go to a game, so its gonna be pretty much impossible to recoup the cost of that game. Plus, there's tax on top of the face value price... and a licensing fee when you get them. Now go ahead and try to sell the tickets to Uncle Al at your cost instead of face value, and watch the family drama unfold. I know plenty of families that have ticket drama, it can get really ugly.

I like going to games, but really only the important game, and I also like the ability to choose those games and plan around them. If I want to see a key game at another stadium, I'm not already so knee deep in football associated expenses that I would feel bad to do that.

#14608 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like going to games,

On my last beer of the night maybe but that quote brought up memories. When I was in high school I never missed a game. A big reason was to see girls I had been wanting to run into from other schools that I had not seen in a while.

The other reason it was just so damn entertaining. We only had one player that was really good, and he played about every position. His name was Gif Smith. And the announcements were so entertaining I swear it was like "Gif Smith throws the ball, Gif Smith catches the ball, Gif Smith runs in for the touchdown, Gif Smith kicks the extra point, Gif Smith kicks the ball off, Gif Smith sacks the quarterback. Gif Smith intercepts and runs in for the score.

In my high school days I just knew Gif would be in the NFL. He did play in a small college, but was deemed in the end too small for the NFL.

As far as NFL, hell no, f the crowds, traffic, costs, etc. I watch on tv here and my beer is less than a dollar and I am not driving, or sitting in traffic, or waiting in a line for beer, food, or the restroom.

And yes I do know how it is so different to actually be there, and experience it, I am just too laid back to be around 50k people or whatever. (and too tight wallet).

Anyway, I hope all of your favorite teams win this weekend! I wish all of you the best!

9/29 I am personally pulling for the Titans, and the Broncos.

#14609 4 years ago

The game between the Browns and Ravens could be interesting. I personally like the Ravens but, both have decent defenses with the edge in my mind to Cleveland. Offensively I think the Ravens hold the edge as they have a pretty good OL which is where the Browns are lacking and are struggling to protect Mayfield. Another reason I like the Ravens has to do with Mayfield being a bit to full of himself, he hasn't come off that mountain yet so GO RAVENS!!!!!

#14610 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The game between the Browns and Ravens could be interesting. I personally like the Ravens but, both have decent defenses with the edge in my mind to Cleveland. Offensively I think the Ravens hold the edge as they have a pretty good OL which is where the Browns are lacking and are struggling to protect Mayfield. Another reason I like the Ravens has to do with Mayfield being a bit to full of himself, he hasn't come off that mountain yet so GO RAVENS!!!!!

Mayfield has largely been a disappointment this year, but in his defense...he has the worst offensive tackles in the league. He has very little time to throw and his offensive coordinator has done nothing to help him out. They need to implement more screens, slants, RPOs, and play action passes. It is costing them games.

#14611 4 years ago

Predicting Giants 28, Redskins 14. It’ll be a division loss for one team either way...hopefully to my benefit.

#14612 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’ll be a division loss for one team either way...hopefully to my benefit

Hopefully to our benefit.

#14613 4 years ago

ATL's stadium is dead. It's almost like fans don't really care about multibillion dollar stadiums with absurd mechanical skylights

#14614 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Hopefully to our benefit.

No!!!!! I’d rather have the Redskins win and the Giants be 1-3, but I don’t see that happening. Even though the Skins O-line is horrendous, either way Case Keenum sucks.

He’s like another Sammy Sleeves. Never proves himself, yet continues to get contracts with good money attached. SMH.

#14615 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

either way Case Keenum sucks.

They said he had 5 turnovers against the bears and I have seen one already. You are right he does suck.lol

#14616 4 years ago

My wife is a huge GMEN fan Danny Dimes is a good looking quarterback. And Danny Dimes just threw his first NFL pick...

#14617 4 years ago

Haskins is in. At least Gruden isn’t going to stay with mediocrity. Or even less than.

#14618 4 years ago

Lions actually able to run the ball, OL playing well, some nice play calling, Lions surprisingly tied with Chief at halftime.

#14619 4 years ago

I didn't think the Chargers/Dolphins game would be a blowout. So far they are playing it close like they always do. Good game so far.

#14620 4 years ago

Scratch that. It's about to become a blowout.

#14621 4 years ago

Wild, bizarre third quarter in Detroit so far! Lions touchdown call by refs overturned, 3 fumbles, including Lions coughing up the ball trying to run it in at KC goal line and Chiefs running it back 100 yds for TD while other players thought the play was dead. Stranger than fiction!

#14622 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Wild, bizarre third quarter in Detroit so far! Lions touchdown call by refs overturned, 3 fumbles, including Lions coughing up the ball trying at KC goal line and Chiefs running it back 100 yds for TD while other players thought the play was dead. Stranger than fiction!

Only the Lions...

#14623 4 years ago

Yet another fumble!

#14624 4 years ago

I think Hockenson just learned the hard way not to attempt to hurdle two defenders. Hope he’s okay.

#14625 4 years ago

I thought the KC would blow the lions off the field today.....

#14626 4 years ago

Looks like Cleveland is going to walk away with one.

#14627 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I thought the KC would blow the lions off the field today.....

So did I, but the Lions are actually ahead late in the third quarter!

#14628 4 years ago

Did someone bring a case of RedBulls to the Lions locker room?

#14629 4 years ago

And now a scummy helmet to helmet hit from Jones on the Pats. These guys will never stop. And a BS penalty on the Bills to offset an egregious hit like that. What a joke.

#14630 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did someone bring a case of RedBulls to the Lions locker room?

Whatever it is, they need to do it every week.

#14631 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And now a scummy helmet to helmet hit from Jones on the Pats. These guys will never stop. And a BS penalty on the Bills to offset an egregious hit like that. What a joke.

I’m not defending the hit AT ALL, but the flag for holding was show in the reply countless times, and was in air well before the personal foul.

#14632 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What a joke.

The Lions seem to be playing against the Chiefs and the officiating (in Detroit and at NFL HQ) today.

#14633 4 years ago

Not suren't Bills going for td on 4th down with second string qb in. Get they want the lead but getting fg seemed like a respectable choice. Well always easier to second guess than be down on the field making live choices.

#14634 4 years ago

Bills 3-0 and taking the Pats deep into the fourth quarter?!?

Looks around for sinister-looking horsemen...surely they are imminent.

Enjoying it while it lasts

#14635 4 years ago

Bills D is no joke.

#14636 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Bills D is no joke.

True dat. Plus, the Pats sometimes bring out the best from the Bills.

#14637 4 years ago

Intentional grounding not called against Brady. Bet if anyone so much as breathes in his direction they call roughing the passer. Protecting the qbs is great but they still can just chunk the ball into the ground.

#14638 4 years ago

Nice comeback TD drive by Lions. Ahead of Chiefs late in the fourth, and NFL in NY allows it this time!

#14639 4 years ago

Now for the Lions D to step up, again.

#14640 4 years ago

Is this going to be one of those

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#14642 4 years ago
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#14643 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is this going to be one of those[quoted image]

Wow Odin, I just heard those trumpets and facenda’s voice in my head (or was it kalas’ voice, not sure). Thanks for the flashback.

#14644 4 years ago

Browns
First
Place

I like the sound of that.

#14645 4 years ago

The damn Sheraton hotel I’m staying at has dish network which apparently is in dispute with fox. So Rams are blacked out. Anyone know a good internet sight to watch the Rams game on?

#14646 4 years ago

Fucking Lions, same old shit.

#14647 4 years ago

The Chiefs win with help from NFL HQ and a bizarre fluke 100 yd fumble return TD, but what an entertaining game! Going in I was going to be satisfied if the Lions kept within a TD, and they did better than that. It’s an L, but I was expecting much worse. Maybe the Lions are actually heading in the right direction for a change.

#14648 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Fucking Lions, same old shit.

To the surprise of no one. Moral Victory my ass. I want fucking wins

#14649 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The damn Sheraton hotel I’m staying at has dish network which apparently is in dispute with fox. So Rams are blacked out. Anyone know a good internet sight to watch the Rams game on?

Pretty simple google reddit stream nfl and find a stream.

#14650 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Bills 3-0 and taking the Pats deep into the fourth quarter?!?
Looks around for sinister-looking horsemen...surely they are imminent.
Enjoying it while it lasts

LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/293?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.