spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 1,513.
#14501 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Red Zone has become my preferred way to watch football. I'll even switch over to it while watching a Pats game (while recording the entire Pats game of course). It is totally worth the extra cost. If you have never watched an afternoon of it, you are missing out. Scott Hanson is by far the best announcer. He jumps from game to game with perfect transitions and gives you a quick blurb of what is happening including things like yardage and down as they jump in. And if every game is in a commercial, he recaps and shows highlights. You don't miss anything good from any game being played.

If you don't gamble or do fantasy is it still interesting?

#14502 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you don't gamble or do fantasy is it still interesting?

For sure, but it also depends on your region. Plenty of shitty home teams that you don't want to watch around the country. Fuck can you imagine being in the Jacksonville market and having that be the only game on? Uff.
You can think of it like highlights but instead you are actually watching g the games.

#14503 4 years ago

The Allstate Mayhem commercials are pretty good. The latest one as the parking lot attendant is funny.

#14504 4 years ago

I like the idea of red zone, but I feel so comically exhausted after watching it.

I like getting into the flow of a game. It's hard to put those scoring plays into the context of a drive, and really understand how a team looks. I also like taking some breaks and knocking some things out around the house during the down periods and commercials. I guess I just like being mildly inconvenienced?

Game day today!!!

I'm pretty excited, but also nervous about our rookie HC on a short week. I said last week, if we can't make any of our WRs look good outside of Adams with their 2nd DB out, might be a little concerned. I'm punting that concern to this week. If you don't get to know MVS or Gmo tonight against the Eagles secondary, then our offense isn't really doing its job.

I don't care what anyone says, if Rodgers is running outside the pocket and "making things happen" on a regular basis, that's bad news. It's not sustainable. Our offense needs to get the ball out quick and allow receivers to make some plays in space.

I'd also like to see some more multi-back sets. Get both Jones and Williams on the field at the same time, or each out there with our FB, or all 3. Swing pass options to either side is going to force the defense to play along the flats, and thus open up the middle tier for Adams or a TE should one decide to show up. It's also going to be critical to be a threat down field to open up that middle tier, or the safeties will be able to put a lot of pressure on 12 to make tight throws. Considering that Graham has been all but invisible, it makes sense to give 12 some bail outs with our backfield, or the extra protection from our shitty guard.

#14505 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I also like taking some breaks and knocking some things out around the house during the down periods and commercials. I guess I just like being mildly inconvenienced?

Well the late games are better for that since it ins;t so rapid fire, but people enjoying the breaks is a normal part of TV watching.

#14506 4 years ago

I tend to watch a game until it is well in the bag, then switch to another game I'm interested in, then watch the endings of whatever games are close until they are all over.

#14507 4 years ago

I thought red zone was dumb till I actually watched it.

5 minutes in I was a convert. Best thing to happen to football, ever.

#14508 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the late games are better for that since it ins;t so rapid fire, but people enjoying the breaks is a normal part of TV watching.

It's sort of like the MLB rewind. They used to show every pitch in about 25 minutes the same night (maybe it's still available through mlb app or something). It was great, except I normally have the games on while I'm doing something else... throwing some darts, working on a machine, building something. It's good to have on in the background, and you can pause what you're doing to catch key moments. The compressed games just lose all of that anticipation and tension between moments.

I no longer get RZ. If I did, I'd still watch it, but probably during commercials of some other game I care about (rivalry game, division game, etc), and during the afternoon games.

#14509 4 years ago

I like the idea of red zone, but I feel so comically exhausted after watching it.

For me it's just sensory overload

#14510 4 years ago

Man you guys are even older than the usual old ass folks in this thread

#14511 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man you guys are even older than the usual old ass folks in this thread

Did you hear Tampa and Seattle will be getting expansion teams?

#14512 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perfect, one for the AFC & one for the NFC!

#14513 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Perfect, one for the AFC & one for the NFC!

And now that the World Football League is dissolving, will Miami get all it's great players back?

#14514 4 years ago

Frankfort Galaxy will always be #1 in our hearts.

#14515 4 years ago

We had our own favorite.

download (4) (resized).jpgdownload (4) (resized).jpg
#14516 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Damn whipper snappers

#14517 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Frankfort Galaxy will always be #1 in our hearts.

We had the Evansville Crimson Giants from 1921 to 1922.
You got to love the name

#14518 4 years ago

Is college football an allowable topic on this thread?

#14519 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Not too deeply...ther's another thread for that
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread#post-5216078

Or maybe so...whom knows.

#14520 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Let's ask the OP.

#14521 4 years ago

Just found it.
20 posts in like 25 days...
Kinda slow.
Plus it’s lacking all the vitriol, acridity & acrimony that east coast guys use as oxygen.
How ‘bout we go over there and kick their legacy pledge asses?

#14522 4 years ago

Who wins tonight?! Short week can't help the eagle's..sorry Colson, picking the home team

#14523 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Is that the one where there's 120 teams but the same 5 teams win it every year and everyone pretends there's an even playing field? Where billions of $ change hands and the players don't get a dime? Seriously, college football has become grotesque and bloated that I just wish the NFL would start their own minor league and disassociate itself with it. That one?

#14524 4 years ago

I think the Packers win, they have HF advantage coupled with a short week for an already banged up Eagles. 17/24 GB.

#14525 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Kinda slow.
Plus it’s lacking all the vitriol, acridity & acrimony that east coast guys use as oxygen.

Hey man I was postin, trying ot get it going.

#14526 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey man I was postin, trying ot get it going.

Me too! At least I was trying to get it going.

When I found out last night Melvin Gordon had ended his holdout and was rejoining the team, I figured everybody here would be super excited so I posted right away.

When I checked this morning. Crickets.

#14527 4 years ago

Philly getting away with lots of helmet to helmet already.

#14528 4 years ago

That late hit was bullshit. Should be an auto ejection. Gonna get somebody killed.

#14529 4 years ago

Counterpoint: i say let em play. Paybacks to any dirty dogs.

#14530 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

The best thing about the offseason was not having to watch those stupid Aaron Rodgers State Farm commercials. Does anyone actually think they're amusing?

Does anyone actually think he and Patrick Mahomes are friends? I doubt Rodgers has any friends. His own family can’t even stand him.

#14531 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Counterpoint: i say let em play. Paybacks to any dirty dogs.

If I wanted to watch a good fight, I'd watch boxing...and then talk about it here.

#14532 4 years ago

That late hit was bullshit. Should be an auto ejection. Gonna get somebody killed.

Just got home from a damn meeting. But in time for the kick off.

I agree. I was yelling at the screen because of the hit. He should’ve been ejected. Disgusting.

No matter how many rules they make, these assholes will never follow them. He should be fined $500k for that hit or suspended.

And the helmet to helmet on the kick off should’ve been a penalty too.

#14533 4 years ago

No....you have to eject, fine, and suspend players for dirty hits. If you allow the players to police it someone will get killed...shocked we have not seen a death on the field yet...hope we never do. It’s a violent sport. Helmets are weapons....get rid of the helmets and you will get rid of a lot of the vicious hits......but it’s kind of like NASCAR.....no one admits it but people watch it for the crashes. People watch football for the hits.

#14534 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just got home from a damn meeting. But in time for the kick off.
I agree. I was yelling at the screen because of the hit. He should’ve been ejected. Disgusting.
No matter how many rules they make, these assholes will never follow them. He should be fined $500k for that hit or suspended.
And the helmet to helmet on the kick off should’ve been a penalty too.

I give the punt a bit of a pass. Going full speed, and no way should he have not called a fair catch.

#14535 4 years ago

I give the punt a bit of a pass. Going full speed, and no way should he have not called a fair catch.

No, these guys are all douchebags. Like grabbing a facemask. Every time you do it, you know you are doing it. It’s rarely accidental. You can seriously injure someone. Yet all of these asses on every team still continue to get handfuls of facemask on practically every other play.

#14536 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Just found it.
Kinda slow.

Aren’t you an east coaster?

Christ, what a thug!

College football sucks. And I’m a Clemson grad.

Lol that eagles secondary.

Great game too bad I’m heading downtown to rage

#14537 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No, these guys are all douchebags. Like grabbing a facemask. Every time you do it, you know you are doing it. It’s rarely accidental. You can seriously injure someone. Yet all of these asses on every team still continue to get handfuls of facemask on practically every other play.

You were talking about face masks?

#14538 4 years ago

Big play, turnover for the Eagles, possible injury to Rogers.

#14539 4 years ago

Lots of points scored.....looks like the total of 46 will go over

#14540 4 years ago

The rare “good” Thursday night game so far.

#14541 4 years ago

How was that not pass interference?

#14542 4 years ago

They just aren't going to overturn those. The role is there as a backspace button in case they fuck up another critical call in an elimination game. The funny thing is, it wont be PI, itll be a facemask or soemthing next time. Then the chasing of the tail will continue.

#14543 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

How was that not pass interference?

I'm an Eagles fan but that was surely a PI.

this is like in the past when no-one knew what a catch was, now we don't know what PI is.

#14544 4 years ago

I guess after that last non-call I have no idea what pass interference is anymore. I guess you can push the receiver’s arms around just before the ball gets there as long as you don’t rip his helmet off.

#14545 4 years ago

Apparently now you’re not allowed to tackle someone either or you get a penalty. I’m going to start calling this pussy ball.

#14546 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Apparently now you’re not allowed to tackle someone either or you get a penalty. I’m going to start calling this pussy ball.

You have to make up your mind Colsond lol. First you say they are hitting too hard and now you’re calling it pussy ball. I say let them play and knock the F*ck out of each other. This is football, thats what football is all about!

#14547 4 years ago

Jesus! Did the Packers not make a single run attempt there?

#14548 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have to make up your mind Colsond lol. First you say they are hitting too hard and now you’re calling it pussy ball. I say let them play and knock the F*ck out of each other. This is football, thats what football is all about!

No, I didn’t. In the beginning of the game, grabbing facemasks and the helmet to helmet hits by the Eagles were just ridiculous. Penalties, and dangerous plays.

When Brown just tackled that guy, and lightly tossed him onto the ground right after the whistle was blown, that is bullshit. He didn’t even slam him. Guy was still moving his legs, and Brown was also trying to strip the ball. He didn’t hit him helmet to helmet or grab his facemask.

#14549 4 years ago

Right now its lookin like Colson is a football genius. How much did u bet on the Eagles Colson?

#14550 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Right now its lookin like Colson is a football genius. How much did u bet on the Eagles Colson?

I don’t bet on the Eagles. Feel like it’s bad karma.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/291 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.