5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 1,515.
#14401 4 years ago

Ugliest first half I've seen this year by an NFL offence...

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I heard Dan Snyder is going to mercifully remove another 5,000 seats at halftime.

Want a redo on your pick tonight?

#14402 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Can we get back to the fact a fellow Pinsider in this room is a spousal abuser? Or is he going to get a pass?

20190923_220202 (resized).jpg20190923_220202 (resized).jpg
#14403 4 years ago

Who's had the worst night thus far - blink 182, the redskins offense, or the show 'stumptown'?

#14404 4 years ago

At this point I kind of hope the redskins compete with the dolphins for the worst record of the season. I wasn't expecting them to win, but damn they have been horrible. I will admit I have laughed a bit at the look on Gruden's face after the turnovers.

#14405 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

*Side-note tangent:
Revisionist history. That fight was far more competitive than people remember. Tyson dropped Douglas in the 8th with a tremendous uppercut, and Douglas barely beat the count (which you could argue was long). The score cards were split at the time of the stoppage as well (one for Mike, one even, one for Buster).
While Buster was brilliant in that fight, and it was by far and away the shining moment of his career, he hardly picked Mike apart by any stretch of the imagination.
Now, back to the thrill of MNF.

WTF is this horseshit??

Buster destroyed Tyson that night. Tyson landed one good punch the whole night. The rest of it is was buster dominating. The judges were blind that night - and this was the much commented on at the time. The consensus was the judges simply didn’t believe what they were seeing, so invincible was Tyson considered at the time.

The “long count” was also complete bullshit and you should be ashamed of bringing that up. It was an attempted Don King con job and ZERO people on the planet took it seriously at the time.

Have you even watched the fight?!? Except for 8 seconds buster is in control the entire fight.

#14406 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Oof. And I get in trouble around here for bashing pinball machines.

#14407 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm sure he will defend it but it's very telling in my opinion. Usually when a person is so fast to call people the R word and stuff like that, they have deep issues of their own. Nothing worse than a man who hits a woman though, that's as low as you can go.

#14408 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

that's as low as you can go.

6DB6683D-E528-43D2-9512-8A0120C88C44 (resized).jpeg6DB6683D-E528-43D2-9512-8A0120C88C44 (resized).jpeg
#14409 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

#14410 4 years ago

Dang, the Redskins must be worse than the Bengals are this year. Wow!

#14411 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WTF is this horseshit??
Buster destroyed Tyson that night. Tyson landed one good punch the whole night. The rest of it is was buster dominating. The judges were blind that night - and this was the much commented on at the time. The consensus was the judges simply didn’t believe what they were seeing, so invincible was Tyson considered at the time.
The “long count” was also complete bullshit and you should be ashamed of bringing that up. It was an attempted Don King con job and ZERO people on the planet took it seriously at the time.
Have you even watched the fight?!? Except for 8 seconds buster is in control the entire fight.

I think you’re putting a lot more emotion into my post than I did.

The fight was far more competitive than people remember. It was not some amazingly one-sided affair. I didn’t have Mike up at the time of the stoppage, and I didn’t think the count was long, but the fight was far closer than one good punch.

I’ve watched the fight more times than I can count, and every time I do I’m shocked by how others remember it. Douglas won and had the fight of a lifetime, but Mike didn’t get steamrolled the way people would have you imagine.

Also, while my brother was never cut by any NFL team, I’m literally a professional boxing coach. It’s a big part of how I make my living.

#14412 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I think you’re putting a lot more emotion into my post than I did.
The fight was far more competitive than people remember. It was not some amazingly one-sided affair. I didn’t have Mike up at the time of the stoppage, and I didn’t think the count was long, but the fight was far closer than one good punch.
I’ve watched the fight more times than I can count, and every time I do I’m shocked by how others remember it. Douglas won and had the fight of a lifetime, but Mike didn’t get steamrolled the way people would have you imagine.
Also, while my brother was never cut by any NFL team, I’m literally a professional boxing coach. It’s a big part of how I make my living.

Please just reread my previous post on the matter.

#14413 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So I get back from dinner to read this garbage.
Wow, are you really just going to listen to that persons drivel and take it as fact? Taking a post completely out of context and posting his nonsense here.

First off, I have never hit a woman in my life. Secondly, I don’t have an ex-wife. The thread was about songs that make you cry, which I had joked earlier about. I posted in obvious jest about a song that makes me cry. Was it a proper joke? No, and in my next post admitted as much and said that I was drunk when I said it. Everyone knew it was a joke which is why no one downvoted it, not counting the person who went back and downvoted it today for dramatic effect. I am guilty of making a bad joke. It was over a year ago, so this stalker has gone back and read everything I have ever posted on pinside and settled on this. If I beat my ex, do you think I would proudly post it here?

This guy is mad because I called him out for his numerous racist posts that everyone was getting tired of. If he had made one or two bad jokes I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, as I did you when you made a bad joke about the football player dying. He is such a snowflake and he can’t handle that I decided to ignore him like most of the people on here have also done.

#14414 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please just reread my previous post on the matter.

I don’t know what fight he was watching. Buster Douglas dominated that fight. Tyson had one good punch the entire night. I stand by my analogy.

#14415 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So I get back from dinner to read this garbage.
Wow, are you really just going to listen to that persons drivel and take it as fact? Taking a post completely out of context and posting his nonsense here.
First off, I have never hit a woman in my life. Secondly, I don’t have an ex-wife. The thread was about songs that make you cry, which I had joked earlier about. I posted in obvious jest about a song that makes me cry. Was it a proper joke? No, and in my next post admitted as much and said that I was drunk when I said it. Everyone knew it was a joke which is why no one downvoted it, not counting the person who went back and downvoted it today for dramatic effect. I am guilty of making a bad joke. It was over a year ago, so this stalker has gone back and read everything I have ever posted on pinside and settled on this. If I beat my ex, do you think I would proudly post it here?
This guy is mad because I called him out for his numerous racist posts that everyone was getting tired of. If he had made one or two bad jokes I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, as I did you when you made a bad joke about the football player dying. He is such a snowflake and he can’t handle that I decided to ignore him like most of the people on here have also done.

It was a jooooooke!

Nope. Not buying it

#14416 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t know what fight he was watching. Buster Douglas dominated that fight. Tyson had one good punch the entire night. I stand by my analogy.

If you honestly believe that, you’ve either never watched the fight or have a completely skewed recollection of it. Tyson won round 7 and 8, and came out strong in the 9th before getting stung. He also took one of the earlier rounds, though I’d have to watch it again to remember which.

I’m not saying it was this back and forth war or anything. But it was FAR more competitive than you remember/like to admit. Tyson won a number of rounds in a fight that ended in 10. It was much more than a single punch that kept him in it.

#14417 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This guy is mad because I called him out for his numerous racist posts that everyone was getting tired of

I'm not mad at all, I just happened to run across that post and found it interesting is all. I personally believe that there is something to what you said but even if there isn't, abuse against women is not funny and nothing to joke about.

Also your next post said "yeah I'm drunk". I think maybe you just had one too many and got loose lips and said something that you shouldn't have. You wanna call me a racist (something I am not) and I see something like that then guess what, I'm gonna call you out on it.

#14418 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The guy is a boxing coach. Not a boxing judge thank god.

#14419 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It was a jooooooke!
Nope. Not buying it

Go fuck yourself.

#14420 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy is a boxing coach. Not a boxing judge thank god.

Out of curiosity, how would you have scored the 7th and 8th round? Seriously.

Also, the digs aren’t really necessary, right?

#14421 4 years ago

I hate to agree with Levi and Vic but Buster Douglas whipped Tysons ass that night bad. Buster Douglas was no where near the fighter Tyson was but he hit Tyson and fucked him up and then finished him off. Tyson has a glass jaw.

#14422 4 years ago

How about that sportsball?

#14423 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Go fuck yourself.

You seem to have serious anger issues Vic. You should work on that for real.

#14424 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate to agree with Levi and Vic but Buster Douglas whipped Tysons ass that night bad. Buster Douglas was no where near the fighter Tyson was but he hit Tyson and fucked him up and then finished him off. Tyson has a glass jaw.

Tyson lost, and ultimately got his ass beat in the end. No doubt about that. It’s just that the fight was far more competitive than people remember. That was my point from the beginning. I didn’t think Mike was winning or would have won, just that it was more competitive.

As for Mike’s jaw, he took an incredible amount of punishment in that fight.

#14425 4 years ago

Y'all seriously crack me up in here. 30 year old boxing matches, spousal abuse accusations, pointed racism...oh my!!!

The bears finally looked good on offense. If they can keep improving, we know there defense is really good...they could be in the playoffs mix.

The poor redskins. You know it's bad when the announcers are discussing (at length) when the head coach is going to be fired.

Next up: Thursday night football
Eagles vs. Packers

This game should be very interesting.

#14426 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Tyson lost, and ultimately got his ass beat in the end. No doubt about that. It’s just that the fight was far more competitive than people remember. That was my point from the beginning. I didn’t think Mike was winning or would have won, just that it was more competitive.
As for Mike’s jaw, he took an incredible amount of punishment in that fight.

Every fight that Tyson ever got hit in he lost. Guy had one hell of a punch but he also had a glass jaw. You wouldn't even had known who Mike Tyson was if he would have fought back in the day with Ali, Foreman, and all of those guys that fought back then. They every one would had destroyed him, even Brian Quarry.

#14427 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every fight that Tyson ever got hit in he lost. Guy had one hell of a punch but he also had a glass jaw. You wouldn't even had known who Mike Tyson was if he would have fought back in the day with Ali, Foreman, and all of those guys that fought back then. They every one would had destroyed him, even Brian Quarry.

Brian Quarry lol? You mean Jerry Quarry?

#14428 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Brian Quarry lol? You mean Jerry Quarry?

Yes sorry......point is Tyson wasn't as good as any of those guys back then.

#14429 4 years ago

Ernie Shavers, Holmes, Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier, all of those guys back then would have destroyed Tyson easily.

#14430 4 years ago

Tyson took some extremely hard shots from Bone Crusher in their fight and still won it. I think Mike became to invincible in his own mind and when that happened he just made mistakes he paid for.

#14431 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang, the Redskins must be worse than the Bengals are this year. Wow!

Ouch that was a low blow! Worst part is it may be true......

#14432 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tyson took some extremely hard shots from Bone Crusher in their fight and still won it. I think Mike became to invincible in his own mind and when that happened he just made mistakes he paid for.

Tyson was completely unprepared for the Buster fight. He was partying WAY too hard, his marriage was falling apart and everything was coming to roost after the death of Cus Damato and the firing of his friend and trainer Kevin Rooney. Those guys created Mike Tyson, and kept him focused. He was out of his mind and not mentally prepared for the fight.

He had no weaknesses with his peekaboo style followed by the right hook to the body, right uppercut. He was devastating.

#14433 4 years ago

On my local craigslist wanted to make sure that any Eagles fan had a chance to grab this rare starter coat. Colsond3 might look good on you.

E397838F-9473-40DC-9153-E0F08757205C (resized).pngE397838F-9473-40DC-9153-E0F08757205C (resized).png
#14434 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ernie Shavers, Holmes, Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier, all of those guys back then would have destroyed Tyson easily.

You do realize that Tyson both fought and destroyed Larry Holmes, right?

So you remember Tyson and Douglas being 100% one-sided, and both Brian Quarry and Larry Holmes would destroy Tyson easily...

It’s almost as if you’re not remembering things as well as you’d think.

#14435 4 years ago

Boxing?!? Now we're experts on BOXING?

Jesus Christ, this place really does have it all!

Pinball, football, boxing, spousal abusers. You name it, it's here!

#14436 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Jesus Christ, this place really does have it all!
Pinball, football, boxing, spousal abusers. You name it, it's here!

You forgot about thugs, racist, and Pro-bowl siblings.

#14437 4 years ago

How about them Bears?!

I mean I know the skins really suck, but nice to see at least a little excitement from the Offense.
I think if they can establish a bit more up the center run game then we could see the rest of the playbook open up a bit more and spread out the game

Special team needs to stop screwing up also.

Last night was the first small glimpse of some real team stuff and some rhythm.

With my cubbies exiting any playoff hopes in glorious fashion, at least the Bears pulled through a Win this week to ease the pain.

Looking forward to MIN this next week to see if the Bears can pick which team they are going to be this year...

#14438 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I mean I know the skins really suck, but

This is where you should have stopped talking.

#14439 4 years ago

And the Cubs should be on WS run #3 (at least) right now. Only reason they got one is because of a drone mishap and a rain delay.

#14440 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Correction: Football siblings that got fired.

#14441 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Speaking of THUGS... can you say Jalen the THUG Ramsey?

#14442 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Out of curiosity, how would you have scored the 7th and 8th round? Seriously.
Also, the digs aren’t really necessary, right?

You are the one who brought up the bullshit about being a boxing coach to back up your nonsense about Tyson/Douglas being some kind of thrilla in manilla super battle when Tyson clearly won only ONE ROUND? I'll make digs about it!

Also how old are you? You couldn't possibly have been around in 1990, right? Cause anybody who was couldn't bring up the "long count" nor the blind Japanese judges' astonishing scorecards with a straight face to back up their quixotic quest to convince people in 2019 that it was a "competitive" fight.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sorry dude, Buster Douglas is my brother. When he's wronged I have to stand up for him. No grudge is too petty, no slight too far in the past!

#14443 4 years ago

One bright spot for the skins seems to be that Scary Terry McLaurin is for real. And he's now on my fantasy team.

They play the Giants twice and Dolphins once. If Keenum gets benched, he gets to catch passes from his college teammate (Haskins).

#14444 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

One bright spot for the skins seems to be that Scary Terry McLaurin is for real. And he's now on my fantasy team.

Well whoopdie fuckin doo!!!

Don't worry the Skins will fuck that up one way or another. We are getting to the point where it's pretty much impossible to keep any player there past their rookie deals as nobody wants to stay in DC. It's where careers go to die.

#14445 4 years ago

I originally assumed y'all were just drunk posting while watching the games...unfortunately, it is now Tuesday and the comments are still raging on

#14446 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Watch to the end....hilarious.
----
This Philadelphia man helped rescue multiple children from a burning building, and even in his moment of glory on TV, his frustration as an Eagles fan came out. “My man was just throwing babies out of the window, and we was catching em, unlike Agholor.”
-------
Video via CBS Philly.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27687878/eagles-wr-agholor-invites-critical-fan-game

#14447 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I originally assumed y'all were just drunk posting while watching the games...unfortunately, it is now Tuesday and the comments are still raging on

Leave it to pinside to fuck up a discussion on football!

#14448 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Leave it to pinside to fuck up a discussion on football!

Fuck up football coming from goddamn Canadian?!??!

#14449 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck up football coming from goddamn Canadian?!??!

Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/289 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.